Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

At last we get the strictly better Gainsay that we all wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
While seeing 3 color wasteland decks getting blood moon/chaliced to death is fun, that Marco guy was totally looking at the bottom card oh his opponents deck while shuffling.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Sickening posted:

Its hard to let go of the fact that your opponents are not going to be honest all the time. Your too busy thinking about your own lines and how you are going to spend your own mana to babysit your opponents spending of mana. It takes quite a bit of practice.

Even if you aren't used to playing against angle grinders, Thalia is the kind of card that your opponents will need to be reminded about all the time anyways.

I guess he could just be used to playing online where all this stuff is enforced automatically?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

GonSmithe posted:

So I just got home and looked at the spoiler picture, there's a gold card towards the bottom right that is

T????? V???? of ????
Legendary Creature - Merfolk
T???? V????? of ????'s power and toughness are equal to the number of cards in your hand
You have no maximum hand size
When ?????? enters the battlefield, draw a card for each creature you control
*/*

Tiehana, Voice of Thunder (green blue)
Legendary Creature - Merfolk ?????
~'s power and toughness are each equal to the number of cards in your hand.
You have no maximum hand size.
When ~ enters the battlefield, draw a card for each creature you control.
*/*

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Jace's Defeating a Baby Jace and not getting to scry is a pretty massive flavor fail

The card is fine though, Gainsay was always conditionally ok

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Bugsy posted:

While seeing 3 color wasteland decks getting blood moon/chaliced to death is fun, that Marco guy was totally looking at the bottom card oh his opponents deck while shuffling.

He definitely was.

I love ds in legacy.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Night Danger Moose posted:

What the gently caress

Wow I can't believe Jace is loving dead.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Sickening posted:

She is trans and the gimmick is to refer to her as "he".

drat that is an extremely clever way to own a trans person

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

C-Euro posted:

"Defeat" is very different from dead.

But loving LOL at the card anyway. And I await Poochie edits.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I can't believe they murdered Jace and we will never see another Jace Planeswalker ever again.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hoping Jace cards get banned in all formats for story reasons.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Does Magic have the same tendency as some of those comic book plots where they kill off a super hero for ratings only to revive them next episode (block)? I have a hard time believing he's gone for good, although I also half expected so see a gold masked Elspeth by now. Either way good loving riddance. I really would rather see almost any blue PW over him. Ashiok's time to shine?

Borachon
Jun 15, 2011

Whiskey Powered

ManMythLegend posted:

I've tinkered with it slightly since last time I posted it. As Foretold does so much work in this deck it's ridiculous. If I land it early I'm probably 90%+ for that game. I'll even hold off on Fevered Visions a turn to play it if needed.

I hadn't played Standard on MTGO yet and used this as a cheap deck to use with my new player points. It's a thing of beauty fogging and fumigating aggro decks for 10 turns to plop down approach in successive turns. Thanks for this.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Jace isn't going to actually die :ssh:

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Is this a good deck or is josh just good at magic.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

C-Euro posted:

Pressing F to pay respects

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Here lies Jace, he never scored.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Mef989 posted:

Does Magic have the same tendency as some of those comic book plots where they kill off a super hero for ratings only to revive them next episode (block)? I have a hard time believing he's gone for good, although I also half expected so see a gold masked Elspeth by now. Either way good loving riddance. I really would rather see almost any blue PW over him. Ashiok's time to shine?

Yes. We are joking because a sheet of rare Ixalan cards leaked this morning and there is a Jace Planeswalker card.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

little munchkin posted:

drat that is an extremely clever way to own a trans person

Trans people hate him! This man's one clever trick allows him to offend effortlessly from home!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Chill la Chill posted:

Pressing F to pay respects

Now my MTGO client crashed

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

JTMS and SFM unbanned in modern

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

AlternateNu posted:

Gimmick. The only thing I can think of is D&T since they finally reprinted Karakas.

You can pretty easily build Sneak and Show aside from the dual lands. I guess that means Omni-Tell should be buildable with a bunch of judge promos.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mef989 posted:

Nah they've held pretty fast on Dead is Dead. But, make sure you see the body is actually gone.

Though "Defeat" could easily mean he lost another game of chess.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Lone Goat posted:

Though "Defeat" could easily mean he lost another game of chess.

do you think Nicol Bolas could beat Emrakul in a game of chess

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Elyv posted:

do you think Nicol Bolas could beat Emrakul in a game of chess

Emrakul would just kill Bolas because she would see him as a threat. The only reason she didn't kill Jace is because he would make a perfect sub for her without being absolutely useless. :v:

Alaan
May 24, 2005

There has been a big uptick in cards referencing specific walkers even ignoring introduction deck cards.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Alaan posted:

There has been a big uptick in cards referencing specific walkers even ignoring introduction deck cards.

If reminds me of the worst parts of the old Decipher card games. It's not a good look imo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
For the record I don't think Jace is dead, I just thought that "I can't believe ____ is loving dead" was a forums meme.

Mef989 posted:

Honestly, not really, or certainly not in such a short timespan. The last time I can remember a lot of central plot characters dying was all the way back in Apocalypse, and none of them have come back (much as I want them to). I guess Phyrexia popping up again could be considered reviving a dead villain but even so we were a decade removed from their last appearance.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

C-Euro posted:

For the record I don't think Jace is dead, I just thought that "I can't believe ____ is loving dead" was a forums meme.

Honestly, not really, or certainly not in such a short timespan. The last time I can remember a lot of central plot characters dying was all the way back in Apocalypse, and none of them have come back (much as I want them to). I guess Phyrexia popping up again could be considered reviving a dead villain but even so we were a decade removed from their last appearance.

Venser died in NPH and Elspeth kinda-sorta-maybe died in JIN

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Elspeth is definitely not dead. I mean she's not undead either. She's deadlike for the moment.

Also I hope there's a grixis cycle of defeat cards. Or maybe a full cycle. Ideally all of them just reprints of the Theros hate cards with if then scry 2.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Be careful out there in mtgo leagues you guys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/6hjf20/do_not_draft_on_magic_online_you_are_being/

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Elspeth is definitely not dead. I mean she's not undead either. She's deadlike for the moment.

Also I hope there's a grixis cycle of defeat cards. Or maybe a full cycle. Ideally all of them just reprints of the Theros hate cards with if then scry 2.

The way they like "return to [plane]" sets, they're probably saving her for another theros block. The BW Commander deck would have been appropriate too though honestly.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

Sickening posted:

Is this a good deck or is josh just good at magic.

It was only a matter of time I guess. Can't wait to see Death's Shadow eventually in vintage.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

People were talking about this being a possibility when they announced draft leagues. As the population on MTGO decreases as a set drags on, it seems incredibly easy to pull off.

Also that has to be part of a cycle of 'get hosed gatewatchers', right?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
The real meaning of the jace gets owned card is that the gatewatch aren't going to channel fireball bolas to victory

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
SaffronOlive gets out-janked

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Ein Sexmonster posted:

As the population on MTGO decreases as a set drags on, it seems incredibly easy to pull off.
I mean, I guess so, but God what a low effort to payout ratio that has to be if this was a thing that actually happened.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

InterrupterJones posted:

It was only a matter of time I guess. Can't wait to see Death's Shadow eventually in vintage.

Vintage is its own unique animal. Like, no one plays skullclamp in vintage despite the card being busted as gently caress.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Elyv posted:

Venser died in NPH and Elspeth kinda-sorta-maybe died in JIN

Oh yeah I forgot about Venser. They just haven't killed off many multi-block mainstays like Urza and the Weatherlight crew. Killing part or all of the Gatewatch (which I don't think they're doing right now) would be kinda big especially after the whole branding thing they're attempting to do with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

odiv posted:

I mean, I guess so, but God what a low effort to payout ratio that has to be if this was a thing that actually happened.
On the other hand, Magic players are incredibly petty and show a lack of respect for their own time.