Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Meinberg posted:

Income caps for disabled people are dumb and suck.

If it's Medicaid you're worried about, see if your state has a program for working disabled people, they tend to have higher caps. There may be additional work arounds, like spending your excess into an insurance fund.
It's SSI, and I'm still in the application process, which means if I step a toe out of line, they've got cause to reject me.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

PMush Perfect posted:

It's SSI, and I'm still in the application process, which means if I step a toe out of line, they've got cause to reject me.

:smith:

Yeah SSI goes away very fast. :(

All I can say then is good luck.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Hey, is there a new game planned in the near future? I played this IRL at a wedding reception after-party recently while drunk and it was a blast. Reminded me of the few games I played (poorly) here years ago.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

areyoucontagious posted:

Hey, is there a new game planned in the near future? I played this IRL at a wedding reception after-party recently while drunk and it was a blast. Reminded me of the few games I played (poorly) here years ago.

Not for you there's not

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
there should be a sizeable one opening after super nes finishes?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

areyoucontagious posted:

I think Final Fantasy 5 mafia will open soon, and past that I'm betting something else will open something. Only two games in progress right now so I have to figure someone will decide they want to mod something soon ish

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

chaoslord posted:

I think Final Fantasy 5 mafia will open soon, and past that I'm betting something else will open something. Only two games in progress right now so I have to figure someone will decide they want to mod something soon ish

yeah CPig said he was running FF5 as soon as SNES finished.

FF5 should be pretty unusual if you're used to a more traditional Mafia game... but it should be really fun?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Mr. F! posted:

Not for you there's not

Suddenly I remember why I played twice and then bailed for 5 years

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

Bifauxnen posted:

yeah CPig said he was running FF5 as soon as SNES finished.

FF5 should be pretty unusual if you're used to a more traditional Mafia game... but it should be really fun?

Well I'm planning on getting lynched d1 so the nontraditional aspects probably won't matter much. Looking forward to it! :buddy:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

areyoucontagious posted:

Well I'm planning on getting lynched d1 so the nontraditional aspects probably won't matter much. Looking forward to it! :buddy:

As a new player you could probably scum claim and survive D1 so have fun with it!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
now that survivor is ending, i'll put up a small game i have ready within the next couple days.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

areyoucontagious posted:

Suddenly I remember why I played twice and then bailed for 5 years

I am Magnus, how's it going? Long time no see

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Assna I am v happy with last night's mchef

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

busb posted:

Assna I am v happy with last night's mchef

me 2

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

:yeah: :unsmigghh:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDIbdps1spg

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I call it "Lost Wages"

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Ray was bad and gave up completely. No pity

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
When they were all "it's going to take a really horrible dish to keep Ray" and then immediately cuts to Arum I was like PLEASE NO! but I'm glad they didn't even play it up like Ray had a shot of staying.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

hey maf thread I'm going to NYC at the end of this month I have basically organised nothing! Any suggestions of less touristy things to do, particularly shows would be appreciated. Not Hamilton though as I have tickets for the London run! I'm tempted to take my Dad to see 1984 which just opened on Broadway, though it is a transfer from London and I saw it a few years ago. I just got tickets for Groundhog Day as well. I want to do One Fell Down but my Dad doesn't do immersive theatre so that's a no.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Visit the cloisters.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
eat a bagel (like a boss)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Bagels are peasant food, bosses eat fools like you for lunchfest

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Diqnol posted:

Bagels are peasant food

:eyepop: :eyepop:

them's fightin words

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dugong posted:

hey maf thread I'm going to NYC at the end of this month I have basically organised nothing! Any suggestions of less touristy things to do, particularly shows would be appreciated. Not Hamilton though as I have tickets for the London run! I'm tempted to take my Dad to see 1984 which just opened on Broadway, though it is a transfer from London and I saw it a few years ago. I just got tickets for Groundhog Day as well. I want to do One Fell Down but my Dad doesn't do immersive theatre so that's a no.

Walk around brooklyn with no destination carrying something valuable openly so you can get mugged for the true new york experience.

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!
Fight Keane and his sidekick Chandler (I forget his SA nick)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Anyone who didn't follow Awful Survivor missed six hours of competitive Seinfeld fanfiction writing.

I'm pretty proud of my performance this season, too. PMach even compared me to Tony Vlachos. :3:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jamuraan posted:

Fight Keane and his sidekick Chandler (I forget his SA nick)

lmbo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hello I am running an FRG https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823936

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

PMush Perfect posted:

Anyone who didn't follow Awful Survivor missed six hours of competitive Seinfeld fanfiction writing.

I'm pretty proud of my performance this season, too. PMach even compared me to Tony Vlachos. :3:

This is a stunning achievement.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
whatever happened to the mafia champ game

lumpen did u win

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
I just read a few posts of that and it's like I'm reading a modern Seinfeld reboot spec script. loving talent, there. Bravo!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
A 7 player flipless mafia game is running here. Please be willing to put in effort. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823937

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Dugong posted:

make sure to visit the sbarro by penn station, some of the best pizza in the city

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

kumba posted:

whatever happened to the mafia champ game

lumpen did u win
I can't talk about it right now. I may only post :siren:THIS LINK:siren:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

make sure to visit the sbarro by penn station, some of the best pizza in the city

Do not repeat this terrible troll.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Rip Lumpen.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Dugong posted:

For music I really like Rockwood Music Hall in the LES. It's near Katz's Deli, which is KINDA touristy but legit pretty drat good. There's also a very nice bar around there, Top Hops, on Orchard street (I've recommended it here before, because it's REALLY GOOD Y'ALL).

I personally still like the LES and West Village for night life, but a lot of that is nostalgia. Max's suggestion of the Cloister's is a good one. There are a lot of great museums besides the big ones that have consistently good exhibits. If you have a particular interest I might be able to find something for you.

Winvirus is probably a better source for shows, he's pretty interested in that and has been looking at a number of them.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

CCKeane posted:

Winvirus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

FYI the Cloisters are part of the MET but located way the gently caress uptown in the 200 blocks. It's a bit of a hike to get there but it's a really amazing area, has a wonderful garden, and is a really interesting museum in general. I think the 1 train goes all the way there.