Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Alris posted:

Tell us more about the dog.

It's not just a dog, it's PROJECT: DOG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Methanar was one of those kids in high school who would sit in the hallway near the theater during lunch and practice tektonik and melbourne shuffling

his best friends were an overweight punk girl with pink hair and too many facial moles and a really skinny, short ginger kid who always wore baseball hats and whose room smelled like B.O. permanently and wouldn't shut up about GTA3

edit: also pics please

Teikanmi fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 16, 2017

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Methanar, where are the pics. Post pics.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

you guys better back off methanar or he is going to gently caress you all up in the rift

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I think I got a 9x report for playing Bard and accidentally ulting my whole team while the enemy amumu was sitting there, waiting. I clicked on the minimap when using my ultimate. Lost the game. Shame too because I was 7/2/25 with a triple kill and still got an S-.
I can't get a temp ban because of this right?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone who has read up on the event, is it possible to get both skins for free by doing all the missions? Or do you have to pick one or the other to get enough orbs in time? Do you get the champion if you don't own it if/when you qualify for the skin? I need answers!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lord Ephraim posted:

I think I got a 9x report for playing Bard and accidentally ulting my whole team while the enemy amumu was sitting there, waiting. I clicked on the minimap when using my ultimate. Lost the game. Shame too because I was 7/2/25 with a triple kill and still got an S-.

if you could get banned for getting reported doing stupid poo poo the entire city of winnipeg would be ip banned by now. lots of reports from 1 game on a history of good sportsmanship means nothing

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Addamere posted:

Someone who has read up on the event, is it possible to get both skins for free by doing all the missions? Or do you have to pick one or the other to get enough orbs in time? Do you get the champion if you don't own it if/when you qualify for the skin? I need answers!

Is it even possible to get the skins for free? I think the ultimate prize is just a special border and an icon isn't it? I don't think they give you the skin itself.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Lord Ephraim posted:

whoever gets assigned to your case file is going to have a good laugh at the replay but youre not going to be punished

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Supposedly 9 reports means no more than 1 report so you should be fine

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Lord Ephraim posted:

Permabanned probably. Sell your account before it goes through.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Winner posted:

Permabanned probably. Sell your account before it goes through.

you go back to the trump thread where you belong

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Addamere posted:

The skins aren't mission rewards, the paid passes have a Vayne or Annie skin as rewards but the Yasuo and Riven skins are paid ones only. I think you can only do one line as once you've done the initial mission to pick a side the other side locks off.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

njsykora posted:

The skins aren't mission rewards, the paid passes have a Vayne or Annie skin as rewards but the Yasuo and Riven skins are paid ones only. I think you can only do one line as once you've done the initial mission to pick a side the other side locks off.

I did one path yesterday and today I got a new opportunity to choose paths again, so it's probably on a per-day basis throughout the event. That said, since the two paths have different forms of currency, obviously progress will be slower if you split your time between them.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Lord Ephraim posted:

No one in the history of lol ever got a 9x report because there's no way all 9 people give a gently caress. Also Riot have confirmed multiple times that it doesnt matter how many reports you get in one game, it's how many games you get reported (percentage) that matters.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

whoever gets assigned to your case file is going to have a good laugh at the replay but youre not going to be punished

Also, no one at Riot has ever watched a replay to figure out if someone should get banned.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
TLDR: Unless youre spending money the rewards for the event are: summoner icons, and "orbs" which are pretty much a hextech chest with key included. You buy these for the tokens you accrue from missions.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

iSurrender posted:

Also Riot have confirmed multiple times that it doesnt matter how many reports you get in one game, it's how many games you get reported (percentage) that matters.

Well that seems kind of stupid

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
"Everyone has bad games/days (including going off the rails and inting, apparently" -Rito, every year.

The only thing that gets you fast-tracked for bans is hatespeech. The rest is all percentage of games reported correlated mainly with chat.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

pog boyfriend posted:

if you could get banned for getting reported doing stupid poo poo the entire city of winnipeg would be ip banned by now. lots of reports from 1 game on a history of good sportsmanship means nothing

Wait are you from Winnipeg?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I mean if you play 10 games and have no reports for the first 9 and then suddenly you get 9x reported for the last one, is that person just as toxic as someone who gets reported once every game? Probably not (meaning hell no you doofus) because in emotional poo poo like MOBA GAMING false positives are ridiculously high by the nature of the system but consistent results are really loving accurate usually

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
No, but if someone intentionally feeds or something and most of the other people in the game report them that should carry some weight. Also if you get 9x reported for a game you were really being a huge piece of poo poo lol

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

henkman posted:

No, but if someone intentionally feeds or something and most of the other people in the game report them that should carry some weight. Also if you get 9x reported for a game you were really being a huge piece of poo poo lol

On the other hand, so were probably the other 9 people.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Hmm, I don't follow

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

henkman posted:

Hmm, I don't follow

Because it was a game of league of legends.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Wait are you from Winnipeg?

yeah

iSurrender posted:

No one in the history of lol ever got a 9x report because there's no way all 9 people give a gently caress. Also Riot have confirmed multiple times that it doesnt matter how many reports you get in one game, it's how many games you get reported (percentage) that matters.

actually if you have ever played a game on smurf queue or low elo people in all chat start bargaining for reports no joke. they say like "hey if you report our jax we will report your poo poo nami" and they loving bargain to try to get 9 reports on anyone who is doing badly in that game. it is hilarious. plus you get stuff like someone saying in all chat "yeah jax called me the n word please report for racism" when jax has not said a word all game and does not even speak english

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

pog boyfriend posted:

yeah

actually if you have ever played a game on smurf queue or low elo people in all chat start bargaining for reports no joke. they say like "hey if you report our jax we will report your poo poo nami" and they loving bargain to try to get 9 reports on anyone who is doing badly in that game. it is hilarious. plus you get stuff like someone saying in all chat "yeah jax called me the n word please report for racism" when jax has not said a word all game and does not even speak english

Trench tier mobas is something else man

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this is what people are dealing with in the trenches, all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5kg5nrxVG8

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Bard ult your own team? Thats a 2 week. Someone flashes your gragas ult? That's a 3 day.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

iSurrender posted:

The tribunal system would show all the reports someone got in the same game. It was very rare to have more than 3 or 4. 9xing would be exponentially more so.

The other reason not to expect 9x is that some people just mute others before it starts getting worse.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

it says here... you asked udyr to gank top. little did you know, you sick gently caress, that udyr was in a 4 man premade and they all reported you for racism. see you in a month you toxic bigot.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

the combination of presence of mind to argue with people and the lack of presence of mind to do so while recording your game and then loving upload it to youtube goddamn lol forever

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

the combination of presence of mind to argue with people and the lack of presence of mind to do so while recording your game and then loving upload it to youtube goddamn lol forever

actually that is just disco heat. he did a thing for a year where he watched peoples streams and recorded them being toxic shitheads and uploaded to his channel

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

actually that is just disco heat. he did a thing for a year where he watched peoples streams and recorded them being toxic shitheads and uploaded to his channel

ohhhhhhhhhhh, ok i see now that i look again - im going to watch this whole thing

im sorry for besmirching the ehonoure of the youtuber whose channel belongs to the video i clicked

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This single line of text from after a game sums up the league experience.

HÎTLÊR: report aniv and blitz toxic

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 16, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

Bard ult your own team? Thats a 2 week. Someone flashes your gragas ult? That's a 3 day.

using a champion with a dash? well thats a perma, buddy

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

iSurrender posted:

I know this is true but I feel like consistently when I'm part of a 9x I get the "a dude ate poo poo for your report" message the next day. Like even if 9x doesn't mean anything more than 1 report that game someone who actually gets the 9x is probably getting reported every game.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Haha holy poo poo I lived there for awhile a few years ago and got pretty into the local gaming scene. I may or may not know you if you're affiliated in any way with the University team.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

pog boyfriend posted:

quinn player, checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JerryLee posted:

quinn player, checks out

This entire series is a gold mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBgKVQJlodg

Darius player goes 3/13 while calling his 18/3/5 shaco and 10/0/17 xerath literally the worst players ever, brain damaged, should have been aborted, etc. He's already chat restricted during the game, and gets another hit after. The best thing is his buddy on comms is trying to just laugh it off and suggest such amazing tactics as "maybe don't fight," and "why are you raging at shaco?" which only makes him get madder.

:discourse: A++ a perfect 5 out of 7

• Locked thread