Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Can you swim already? Do we need a quest to swim in old zones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012
RIP my terrible hotbar.

Habits
Feb 25, 2008

Assume an accursed shape
cleanse through purity within

quote:

Players in queue 4,602

Seems to move surprisingly fast compared to other games big content releases. I know they tend to be real secretive about a lot of the network stuff (At least Blizzard seems to be) but it would be interesting to get some numbers on how much the title screen must be representative of their servers right now.

Giving me time to look over the patch notes and Thin Air looks like it will be fun in and out of dungeons.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Already down to 116, almost there

SAM theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylyqoxh-cXk

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Did Gegejeru or whatever his name is build a private man made island?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

Yes, such a spell has no use at all in a game where the enemy ability rotations are heavily scripted

Correct.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Already down to 116, almost there

SAM theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylyqoxh-cXk

incorrect

SAM theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3472Q6kvg0

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
i love ff14 so much u guys

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Manage to get logged in and make it all the way to the Samurai trainer in Ul'dah while stuck in T-pose. Got the quest, got geared up and then...had to log out for work, still next to the Samurai trainer. I am never getting logged in again, am I.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Awww yeah, Red time.

Too bad the Duty fight is broken due to too many people! Is the SAM one the same way?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Awww yeah, Red time.

Too bad the Duty fight is broken due to too many people! Is the SAM one the same way?

Yep. Can't do the SAM duty.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Interesting thing that I don't think the patch notes covered: The 50/60 DR just lets you hop into whatever dungeons you've actually unlocked for the queue; not sure if it'll send you to ones you've unlocked but haven't run yet, but that's a decent enough QOL change.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

I think my squadron are on strike.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
Good news for warriors! Your beast gauge does NOT time out like stacks used to. So you can stockpile 100 gauge and then walk around with it, and the next mob you see can instantly get three cleaves right to the face if you fold in infuriate.

Bad news for warriors: you know that extremely distracting Super Saiyan aura you generate when you picked up stacks previously? Yeah, you're basically going to be running around in that, all the time. All. The. Time.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I fail to see the issue.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

Finally, a chance to compete with Dark Knights for glowing while walking around for no good reason.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Hah, god, I 3102'd. That might be a sign to go to bed and also get my loving work done when I get up :v:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Samurai is v good

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Huh only 16 in the queue. At 0630

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Samurai is godlike.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
it's a little simple at 50 but once you get kenki and ogcds it really comes together (i assume)

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

When can I transfer to omega?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Xun posted:

I want to say an hour and a half? c/d

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Xun posted:

at mid day GMT

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
First loving boss fight of the expansion is "walk across Rhalgr's Reach", lag on every action, every character you see has a dc mark, and I got three 90002s just getting to the next MSQ mark in there.

Do yourselves a favor and get through and get out asap if you're just starting this morning.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
I'm glad Eonar remains extremely thirsty for the Boulder brothers even in SB.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

AST quest is off to a good start

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
stormblood good

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
PSA: If you are waiting to transfer to Omega and join Please Calm Down, we'll be signing up people at the Aftcastle in Limsa Lominsa. You DO still need to get authorised through the Discord channel, so make sure you include your code in the app!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My skillbars are full of invalid skills. :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

People already bitching on the OF. Gonna be a fun few days.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Verranicus posted:

People already bitching on the OF. Gonna be a fun few days.

"RAAAAH THIS POPULAR MMO IS SUFFERING FROM CONGESTION ISSUES ON LAUNCH HOW DARE THEY"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I might just go to bed until I can continue the MSQ, kind of a bummer but whatever

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i ended up quitting midway through heavensward. is there a quick source for comparatively high ilevel 60 gear that i can use for the rest of it?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Everything feels all weird. Had to redo my hotbars. Felt good though. Is it just me or is the text smaller across the board?

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

SonicRulez posted:

Everything feels all weird. Had to redo my hotbars. Felt good though. Is it just me or is the text smaller across the board?

Considerably. And since the NPC text boxes are tied to the interface size, I had to set it to 150% just to be able to comfortably read what people were saying.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i ended up quitting midway through heavensward. is there a quick source for comparatively high ilevel 60 gear that i can use for the rest of it?

Farm Poes? Lahabrea steamroll roulette still gives 120.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I managed to get to 52 Red Mage before having to leave for work, I consider that fair progress. Haven't done a FATE zerg in quite a while.

Playing Red Mage feels fun and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

If you haven't done the level 60 job quest for your job, you can spend 25 bucks, grab a jump potion, and get a full set of 260 shire gear for the class you jump up at a cost of having to go watch the class quest cutscenes in an inn room.