Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the ESA is dogshit imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Quest For Glory II posted:

the ESA is dogshit imo

At first I thought you were talking about Environmental Station Alpha and I was gonna have to have words

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

naw environmental station alpha is great, loved it

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Hello friends. Friday The 13th: The Game is loving incredible. It is the perfect gamified version of an 80's slasher flick and it is a shame we are definitely not going to get poo poo like Michael Myers or Ash showing up instead of
Tommy because the developers do not add content because it costs money or something?! Either way that's minor poo poo and the game is very cool as it is and I will talk it up forever. I have my counselors set to Random because every one is a stereotypical murder victim in a Friday The 13th movie and it is awesome to just roll with the dude you are given instead of tryhard minmax poo poo. I am okay with dying really easily in this game because then you get to watch a lovely horror movie and talk poo poo with the other dead people. Anyway, play it. It's fun as hell.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm off work tomorrow so I'm considering staying up 'til 2AM for the FFXIV expansion release. Never done that for an MMO before

Maybe I'll wise up and go to bed like a normal human being shortly

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I remember people being excited about Mafia III a while back, is it good?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

I believe the general feedback was "just another open world game" with some saying the graphics aren't as crash hot as they could be. Haven't played it myself though.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Does Baldurk run lpix.org? Someone should let him know that the SSL cert has expired. My LPs... :smith:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lizard Wizard posted:

It has a strong beginning and finish but like 50% of the game in the middle is grinding the same side-missions over and over again. Seriously, imagine if a studio created a bunch of mini-goals for GTA-like side content like "go to these 10 places, set bombs, kill thugs", "go to these other 10 places, set things on fire, kill thugs" etc. and then when they started developing the actual main story they went "why don't we just use those side-missions instead of making this properly, genius".

The setting is great, the soundtrack is great, the characters are cool but imo they hosed it up worse than Mafia 2 with this grind, it kinda ridiculous in how repetitive it is. Some people don't mid this because the shooting is solid but imo it's a deeply flawed game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They're just using the Saints Row model

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Saints Row at least has a pretty good variety of side missions for you to do. Mafia 3 has the exact same side mission repeated over and over again for 15-20+ hours and there isn't even any music during them. You'll drive somewhere, get out, stealth kill/shoot a dozen guys, get back in the car, repeat over and over until a main mission - of which there aren't many to begin with - unlocks.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yeah, it's difficult to explain what Mafia 3's deal is in a genre that already has you repeat similar activities but this title is way more repetitive than GTA or Sainst Row and feels like it lacks a big middle chunk of the main game. It starts off with these special main story missions with cutscenes, dialogue and music but then they went "gently caress it, just put 50 markers on the map and have the player mow down groups of 10 guys over and over and over again", it's kinda ridiculous.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mafia 3 is a great example of the 'open world game that really didn't need to be open world' trap.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yakuza 0 is better then?

Ataxerxes
Dec 2, 2011

What is a soldier but a miserable pile of eaten cats and strange language?

Mak0rz posted:

I've started playing E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. What the gently caress even is this

The best game there was, is, and ever will be.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yakuza 0 is better then?

By like a billion

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

So I know this girl in real life and it's still loving weird to see her in meme form all over the internet.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I went ahead and bought Wolfenstein: TNO since it was only like 10 bucks.

Am....am I John Cena?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Does Baldurk run lpix.org? Someone should let him know that the SSL cert has expired. My LPs... :smith:

Yes he does, and yes he knows about it. Should be fixed now.

lagcats
Oct 7, 2014

you know the deal
just hoping for great weather tho

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yes he does, and yes he knows about it. Should be fixed now.

Awesome :hfive:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yakuza 0 is better then?

Totally. Just play on easy cause the combat gets old after a while and its better to just blow through and dont equip any biography or cool towel items cause they make you suck as a joke. So many people fall for the trap and post complaints about the game being too hard.

One of the best experiences on ps4 bar none

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
https://twitter.com/iointeractive/status/875684213231689731

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Wow I didn't expect them to retain the rights to Hitman

Edit: what are the chances Bethesda pick them up like Arkane after the last hitman game and for those rights

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there is a god, and she's a Gamer :worship:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wow that's amazing

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
2017 is a wonderful year indeed! So glad about Hitman!!
I just ordered Horizon ZD for £20 and will be picking it up to play with Lady Videogames tomorrow! :D

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

VideoGames posted:

2017 is a wonderful year indeed! So glad about Hitman!!
I just ordered Horizon ZD for £20 and will be picking it up to play with Lady Videogames tomorrow! :D

Where did you manage that price! I'd be tempted at that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Blackfyre posted:

Edit: what are the chances Bethesda pick them up like Arkane after the last hitman game and for those rights

Hopefully high because Bethesda has shown while they suck at marketing, they'll just let you make whatever the gently caress you want.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Blackfyre posted:

Where did you manage that price! I'd be tempted at that.

Amazon UK. I'm a prime member and keep getting given credit. It's £26 on there and I had some £6 off thanks to their giving me a discount :D

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Blackfyre posted:

Wasn't Bethesda terrible to the developers of Prey, or something along those lines?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lmao get owned squeenix

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

New Concept Hole posted:

Wasn't Bethesda terrible to the developers of Prey, or something along those lines?

are you thinking of bethesda making prey for the gods change their name because of prey

and they went with praey for the gods

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

oddium posted:

are you thinking of bethesda making prey for the gods change their name because of prey

and they went with praey for the gods

No he's thinking of the people making Prey 2 who Bethesda destroyed for no reason

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Lmao get owned squeenix

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/875691883435106304

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh, sorry, continue to get owned squeenix, then

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Don't worry I'm sure they'll gently caress up the FFVII remake in another absurd way shortly.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

"When we were bringing the PC port on Steam a few years back, we saw people talking about the stupid little 'o' mouths we gave everybody. We'd like to announce that they'll have even bigger 'O' mouths in the remake!"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Honestly this makes it even better imo. IOI got in, lost Square Enix a bunch of money to make one of the best games of 2016 and prove without a doubt that the episodic game format can work well in the right hands, and then got out with Hitman in tow. And Squeenix totally deserves it. It's like an actual Hitman level but with corporate politics instead of assassination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

Lmao get owned squeenix

I mean it wouldn't have happened unless SE were perfectly fine with letting them and the IP go so I dunno how it's owning them exactly

• Locked thread