Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Coolguye posted:

Traps are fine for some objectives and dumb for others. Don't trap the driver's side door on a car, never works. Trapping the phone box or the battery input point, however, hard denies that objective until someone trips it or burns a pocketknife on it. I also like to drop traps on power boxes I knock out since it's a hard denial, few people expect them there, and if the lights stay down that's a huge benefit to you the entire game.

Traps also are good for lynch mobs since they can cover your flank.

My favorite trap location is the left side of the boathouse, were the 2x4 spawns. No one ever sees it.

I also like to punch stalk and hang out in the big cabins (as VIII, who's stalk lasts forever) and let people lock themselves in with me.

I think the XP penalty is silly. I still say in-fighting is part of the game. But, people do jump in and set out to kill everyone, which makes it unbalanced.

The game needs a karma or report system, but even that could get abused.

Online gaming. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

It was pretty good, but I'm glad I had the presence of mind to say: "Clever girl" with the Aussie accent.

For reference, in case you grew up on Mars or Syria? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO5wryDdEI0

:allears:

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I've also been experimenting with putting bear traps near the still working power boxes to try and catch Voorhees.

0% success rate, but I could just be going against bad Jasons.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So last night, I came in on Tinfoil, Dancer and Weekly slumming it with some randos.

Specifically I came into a situation where Dancer was hiding behind a door, Weekly was dead, and the only other person alive was an idiot on a roof.

So I tell Tinfoil where Dancer was because I promised to help him kill Dancer, then I direct him over to the moron on the roof with the help of Weekly and Dancer figuring out where the gently caress it was.

After that Tinfoil had to go and the three of us took on the pubbie world.

It ended in tears and hilarity. So the first two rounds weren't anything too special, Dancer slaughtered a bunch of pubsters while I did something or other. The last two rounds, though, Oh Baby.

So the first go around, we have a fairly okay Jason named Open doing poo poo, another player by the name of Christopher Walken who was way cool, and three chucklefucks known as the Two Soars and Daxer.

So I spawn wherever the gently caress and run into Jason a few times, stun and run. Meet up with Dancer and Weekly, we split ways. Weekly, Daxer and I end up teaming to start the phone.

I suicide myself onto the traps to clear the path for Daxer, Weekly calls the cops.

Daxer then picks up my shotgun and murders Weekly for no goddamn reason. Literally none.

I mute Daxer, who the entire time has just been the most insufferable little shithead. Weekly and I talk about it, and apparently Daxer betrayed one of the Soars as well.

Daxer gets ganked and I'm pretty sure Dancer makes it out.

So next round, Dancer is Jason, I'm Bugsy, and I make a pact with Dancer. We're going to murder Dax. So we cue up a hunting party, specifically sparing Christopher Walken and Open, and eventually find and bully Daxer into quitting the game. I beat him down with the machete until he is limping, after he healed, and he quits the game, taking the Soars with him.

After that Dancer starts chasing around the others while I cue up the phone, after Dancer helped me find it again because I had no map.

I meet back up with Weekly after a bit and we make our way to the exit, unaware of what Open and Walken have been up to. We arrive at the exit with Dancer putting traps down in really obvious places, and I actually ask out loud if he thinks we can't see them. I notice that Open and Walken have been murdered at the exit.

So Weekly immediately steps into a trap. Just, right the gently caress away. It was hilarious. I save Weekly from Dancer, and then *I* step into a goddamn trap.

It really was like the rake gag from the Simpsons.

Weekly, without weapons, just runs for the exit while I am finally broken.

Though to be fair I wasn't planning on escaping. So accidental success!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Doctor_Acula posted:

The game needs a karma or report system, but even that could get abused.

Online gaming. :colbert:

It's really, really easy from a design aspect, actually. A TK counts as a report, nothing else actually triggers it. If you screw up once every couple games it's no big deal, if you spend your entire time loving with other players you'll get thrown into low priority very quickly. Collaboration with Jason will still happen and plain hitting people will still happen but players have a fair bit of recourse on all that. What they don't have a huge amount of recourse on is getting annihilated by a shotgun or instantly killed by a bad actor in a car.

The real issue is where are they gonna get the time to do this, in which case lol 🤷‍♀️

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Burkion posted:

So last night, I came in on Tinfoil, Dancer and Weekly slumming it with some randos.

Specifically I came into a situation where Dancer was hiding behind a door, Weekly was dead, and the only other person alive was an idiot on a roof.

So I tell Tinfoil where Dancer was because I promised to help him kill Dancer, then I direct him over to the moron on the roof with the help of Weekly and Dancer figuring out where the gently caress it was.

After that Tinfoil had to go and the three of us took on the pubbie world.

It ended in tears and hilarity. So the first two rounds weren't anything too special, Dancer slaughtered a bunch of pubsters while I did something or other. The last two rounds, though, Oh Baby.

So the first go around, we have a fairly okay Jason named Open doing poo poo, another player by the name of Christopher Walken who was way cool, and three chucklefucks known as the Two Soars and Daxer.

So I spawn wherever the gently caress and run into Jason a few times, stun and run. Meet up with Dancer and Weekly, we split ways. Weekly, Daxer and I end up teaming to start the phone.

I suicide myself onto the traps to clear the path for Daxer, Weekly calls the cops.

Daxer then picks up my shotgun and murders Weekly for no goddamn reason. Literally none.

I mute Daxer, who the entire time has just been the most insufferable little shithead. Weekly and I talk about it, and apparently Daxer betrayed one of the Soars as well.

Daxer gets ganked and I'm pretty sure Dancer makes it out.

So next round, Dancer is Jason, I'm Bugsy, and I make a pact with Dancer. We're going to murder Dax. So we cue up a hunting party, specifically sparing Christopher Walken and Open, and eventually find and bully Daxer into quitting the game. I beat him down with the machete until he is limping, after he healed, and he quits the game, taking the Soars with him.

After that Dancer starts chasing around the others while I cue up the phone, after Dancer helped me find it again because I had no map.

I meet back up with Weekly after a bit and we make our way to the exit, unaware of what Open and Walken have been up to. We arrive at the exit with Dancer putting traps down in really obvious places, and I actually ask out loud if he thinks we can't see them. I notice that Open and Walken have been murdered at the exit.

So Weekly immediately steps into a trap. Just, right the gently caress away. It was hilarious. I save Weekly from Dancer, and then *I* step into a goddamn trap.

It really was like the rake gag from the Simpsons.

Weekly, without weapons, just runs for the exit while I am finally broken.

Though to be fair I wasn't planning on escaping. So accidental success!

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Coolguye posted:

It's really, really easy from a design aspect, actually. A TK counts as a report, nothing else actually triggers it. If you screw up once every couple games it's no big deal, if you spend your entire time loving with other players you'll get thrown into low priority very quickly. Collaboration with Jason will still happen and plain hitting people will still happen but players have a fair bit of recourse on all that. What they don't have a huge amount of recourse on is getting annihilated by a shotgun or instantly killed by a bad actor in a car.

The real issue is where are they gonna get the time to do this, in which case lol 🤷‍♀️

I've seen this floated before, I just don't think TKing is an automatic report. Like I've said, I feel like that "there's 5 of us at the 4 seater and I have a gun" moment works for the game. I dunno, to each their own.

I hope the number of 12 year old LOL I'M SO FUNNY I KILLED YOU players drops when Dead by Daylight comes out.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Doctor_Acula posted:

I've seen this floated before, I just don't think TKing is an automatic report. Like I've said, I feel like that "there's 5 of us at the 4 seater and I have a gun" moment works for the game. I dunno, to each their own.

I hope the number of 12 year old LOL I'M SO FUNNY I KILLED YOU players drops when Dead by Daylight comes out.

Maybe, but I feel like the 12 year old will still be there. Thanks for the news on DBD going to console, I'm looking forward to giving that a run when it comes out.

To the point of playing with pubbies, I have to agree that playing with groups you're used to does tend to drain the fun from the game because you pretty much know how a given game is going to play out.

Pubbies may be morons but occasionally their fun.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Doctor_Acula posted:

the thing to remember is that one report means gently caress-all. you don't immediately go into a low-priority hellqueue from one report. killing some dude to get out gets you an XP penalty (ideally, the normal -200 instead of this -1000 junk). if you kill one guy every game for 10 games, or kill multiple survivors per game, though, then you're just being a cock and you deserve what you get.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Coolguye posted:

the thing to remember is that one report means gently caress-all. you don't immediately go into a low-priority hellqueue from one report. killing some dude to get out gets you an XP penalty (ideally, the normal -200 instead of this -1000 junk). if you kill one guy every game for 10 games, or kill multiple survivors per game, though, then you're just being a cock and you deserve what you get.

True. I guess it depends on what route they want to take. I don't think anyone thinks this XP penalty is a good route, since once you hit 31, who really cares. All you lose out on is having a blue shirt instead of a light blue shirt.

I usually go with pub groups, sometimes with one or two friends. It's why I generally play Adam or Deb.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Doctor_Acula posted:

I think the XP penalty is silly. I still say in-fighting is part of the game. But, people do jump in and set out to kill everyone, which makes it unbalanced.

In-fighting may be interesting in the right circumstance, but last night I genuinely saw 2 asian dudes team up to kill 4 other people. At the end of the game, Jason was in voice comms asking 'What happened?' and they replied with 'HEY MADDA FAKKA WE KILL YOO'

Happened for 3 games, people didn't want to drop the lobby, because aside from the Scumbags, it was a good lobby :(

Personally I don't want a big negative penalty for XP, I'd rather reporting people blacklisted them eventually, because I can tell these assholes made it a game to ruin poo poo.

Coolguye posted:

This, basically. Do you average one or more team kills every game? Congrats, you go into empty lobbies where other team killers will arrive.

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 15, 2017

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

On PS4 I made a group of friends that are genuinely nice people, fun to play with, but I am just better at every aspect of the game than them. Why would I play with such people? They're competent enough that I can guide to the exits, and dumb enough that I can dodge when they're Jason, as well as kill when I'm Jason.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I'm just gonna leave these here, Burk can explain them to you later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4sJ5VBfPm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lorje01ec28

Going to try and capture stuff more often

Edit: Here's Duster and co. performing another Jason Kill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzdqX0m3CaE

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 16, 2017

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Here's JasonView of me nipping a Jason kill attempt in the bud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0euIDZlGuk

I love playing as Jason. :allears:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Jetamo posted:

Here's JasonView of me nipping a Jason kill attempt in the bud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0euIDZlGuk

I love playing as Jason. :allears:

Video was good imo but you kept bringing up the player list during the executions :(

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

Skoll posted:

Video was good imo but you kept bringing up the player list during the executions :(

Yeahhhh, I'm a very impulsive "gotta check the scoreboard to see if anyone's escaped/dead/lagging/Duster" player.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lastdancer posted:

I'm just gonna leave these here, Burk can explain them to you later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4sJ5VBfPm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lorje01ec28

So I should explain these two gems.

The first is pretty explanatory. I was a Chubs McKenzie out for a jog with a wild DusterJason on my rear end. I had geared up with two knives, one of which was used up before the video got started, and healing spray and was determined to make my way to the finish line. Despite the fact that Chubs is the goddamn worst at running, the worst at stamina, and the worst at stumbling.

A lot of the early stuff was trying to lure Duster into a false sense of security, faking him out. If you can see where Jason is and when he vanishes, you stand a great chance at thwarting any and all shift grabs, even if it's just on the mini map. My undoing at the end was that I didn't get that chance- I could no longer see Duster, and Chubs stumbled three loving times before I could reach the end. Honestly I'm not sure how I made it to the last player standing, but I did. That might have been the same round Dancer survived by stealing the four door as Chad.

If I had been literally any other character except maybe AsianAndNerdy, I would have had Duster there. Ah well. My victory is to come, don't you worry.

The other time is fairly self explanatory. I figured out how to become the King of Ducks, and stand upon my throne in all my glory. If you walk just right, you can go straight up and gently caress around on the duck throne. I had literally nothing else going on because that entire video I was mostly just out of it, so I'm proud to have gotten my fellow out alive through distraction. Bonus, I didn't get hugged to death! Sure that was due to being shot, but hey. That is like a victory!

Speaking of, my greatest moment this day had yet to come.

So begins the epic of

GOON TALES

BURK VS DUSTER

There are no victories here, except for the Pyrrhic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7tXYOAoLPM

This song is good for setting the mood of this tale of epic heroism and great courage.

So leading into this match, we had a few other rounds with Duster and Dancer as Jasons, and every time I rolled against Duster Jason, I was a loving Chubs. I got real sick of it, and switched over to Adam. See, I love rolling Random because it adds some fun to the mix, what I can do, what I can expect. But Chubs against Duster is the worst loving thing. So I rolled the dice and picked Adam to shepherd my final tale. (never mind that I had one last showdown with Dancer after this, as Adam)

So I spawn in the middle of nowhere. I get some gas, get some poo poo together to put something on track. Meet up with some others, see Duster going after Sal. Duster gives up on Sal, so he comes for me. We get into a few scrapes, I get pretty injured, but I keep breaking free and getting away because I'm an Adam Duster, You know drat well you can't carry me where you please.

We clash a few times, I get away, others get his attention, and some one, I think Dancer, gets the phone call made. So it then becomes a game of wait for the cops. The problem is, I've exhausted everything I had against Duster up to this point. No knives, no spray, and I'm limping bad. So I go from house to house looking for anything. I get a small collection of poo poo, but mostly it comes down to one spray that I have to use to stay in the game. I avoid Duster as he chases down the others and the cops come.

Duster makes a mistake here.

He rolls up, my weapon gets broken on him, and he cripples me again.

I am the last man standing, everyone else is dead, and the police are so near.

So is the river.

He grabs me, I break free, but I can't limp far and I can't see my mini map. He gets me to the river and takes me into the water.

He drags me to the deep

And I swim back to shore.

He drags me to the deep

And I swim back to shore

He takes me deeper and deeper in

And I keep on breaking the gently caress away.

Show me the way Duster, show me the way!

Our titanic struggle continues this way, Duster trying and failing to drown me, for five straight minutes.

The two minute warning cries out.

I fight on.

Duster relents.

Duster gives up.

He grabs me and does a quick face stomping before time can run out.

Victory for Burk. Victory for the determined.

Victory for the swimmers and the dreamers.

Disgrace and shame upon the Dusters, who could not kill me as he wanted.

This Adam is loving Jewish, you ain't baptizing him with your Christian devil.

My final tango of the night was as an Adam against Dancer. A lot of fun poo poo happened, but nothing quite on the level of Me V Duster 1 on 1 for five minutes straight.

I did get a perfect fireworks off on Dancer that got me straight into the police exit. Dancer then hosed off out of the map and got shot off the top of a bridge.

Sadly, only the audio survives of my epic tale. If Dancer wishes to post that clusterfuck of me denying Duster the chance to give me a bath, he's more than free to.

Also I don't know what was going on on Duster's screen, but mine was freaking the gently caress out after like, two minutes of that. It said I died and gave me the victory fanfare half a dozen times.

Thus ends the tale of Burk, who aint ever gonna drown to no Duster. Until he does.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Tried this game the other day. Highlight was me running towards a boat 2 people were about to get into while being chased by Jason. They move just a little bit to see what is going on, allowing me to start the boat and escape alone while both of them are chopped to death.

The best part of the game is this sort of in-character griefing, where you do something that makes sense in universe but that still gets a reaction from people. The worst part of game are the people who still take it so seriously as to obviously ghost or glitch just to "win."

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012
I made the plunge and got the game yesterday. First few games were pretty dismal, I either died early due to bad luck or my own experience. But today, on what was I think my fifth game ever, I killed Jason legit. I had the boat fuelled then died and came back as Tommy, on the way back to look for the propeller I met a stoner who told me to cover him as he went for the sweater. Jason didn't notice us going for it because a car started just as we were entering his shack so luckily he went for that instead. On the way back to the boat he ambushed us, almost killed the guy I was chilling with, and I barely managed to get Jasons mask off as I covered our escape from the cabin we were in. As we stumbled in to another cabin we found a machete and I picked it up right as Jason walked in to the room. We barely got the stun off in time, and I killed Jason as everyone in the lobby went apeshit. It was insanely fun.

Then right after that I had my first game as Jason and only killed 2/7 people. Oh well.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
The kill attempts against you as Jason can become a serious threat. Close one against me again last night.

If it looks like they are going for the kill, it helps a lot to remove any Bugzy's and Adams beforehand. If it's only Tommy left who can put serious damage on you, then your chances of killing him before the Jason kill attempt are much higher.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

What the hell, in the Part 9 film, Jason NEVER uses a 2 headed axe.

In fact he uses a machete for the majority of the time he has a weapon:

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Burkion posted:

So I should explain these two gems.

The first is pretty explanatory. I was a Chubs McKenzie out for a jog with a wild DusterJason on my rear end. I had geared up with two knives, one of which was used up before the video got started, and healing spray and was determined to make my way to the finish line. Despite the fact that Chubs is the goddamn worst at running, the worst at stamina, and the worst at stumbling.

A lot of the early stuff was trying to lure Duster into a false sense of security, faking him out. If you can see where Jason is and when he vanishes, you stand a great chance at thwarting any and all shift grabs, even if it's just on the mini map. My undoing at the end was that I didn't get that chance- I could no longer see Duster, and Chubs stumbled three loving times before I could reach the end. Honestly I'm not sure how I made it to the last player standing, but I did. That might have been the same round Dancer survived by stealing the four door as Chad.

If I had been literally any other character except maybe AsianAndNerdy, I would have had Duster there. Ah well. My victory is to come, don't you worry.

The other time is fairly self explanatory. I figured out how to become the King of Ducks, and stand upon my throne in all my glory. If you walk just right, you can go straight up and gently caress around on the duck throne. I had literally nothing else going on because that entire video I was mostly just out of it, so I'm proud to have gotten my fellow out alive through distraction. Bonus, I didn't get hugged to death! Sure that was due to being shot, but hey. That is like a victory!

Speaking of, my greatest moment this day had yet to come.

So begins the epic of

GOON TALES

BURK VS DUSTER

There are no victories here, except for the Pyrrhic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7tXYOAoLPM

This song is good for setting the mood of this tale of epic heroism and great courage.

So leading into this match, we had a few other rounds with Duster and Dancer as Jasons, and every time I rolled against Duster Jason, I was a loving Chubs. I got real sick of it, and switched over to Adam. See, I love rolling Random because it adds some fun to the mix, what I can do, what I can expect. But Chubs against Duster is the worst loving thing. So I rolled the dice and picked Adam to shepherd my final tale. (never mind that I had one last showdown with Dancer after this, as Adam)

So I spawn in the middle of nowhere. I get some gas, get some poo poo together to put something on track. Meet up with some others, see Duster going after Sal. Duster gives up on Sal, so he comes for me. We get into a few scrapes, I get pretty injured, but I keep breaking free and getting away because I'm an Adam Duster, You know drat well you can't carry me where you please.

We clash a few times, I get away, others get his attention, and some one, I think Dancer, gets the phone call made. So it then becomes a game of wait for the cops. The problem is, I've exhausted everything I had against Duster up to this point. No knives, no spray, and I'm limping bad. So I go from house to house looking for anything. I get a small collection of poo poo, but mostly it comes down to one spray that I have to use to stay in the game. I avoid Duster as he chases down the others and the cops come.

Duster makes a mistake here.

He rolls up, my weapon gets broken on him, and he cripples me again.

I am the last man standing, everyone else is dead, and the police are so near.

So is the river.

He grabs me, I break free, but I can't limp far and I can't see my mini map. He gets me to the river and takes me into the water.

He drags me to the deep

And I swim back to shore.

He drags me to the deep

And I swim back to shore

He takes me deeper and deeper in

And I keep on breaking the gently caress away.

Show me the way Duster, show me the way!

Our titanic struggle continues this way, Duster trying and failing to drown me, for five straight minutes.

The two minute warning cries out.

I fight on.

Duster relents.

Duster gives up.

He grabs me and does a quick face stomping before time can run out.

Victory for Burk. Victory for the determined.

Victory for the swimmers and the dreamers.

Disgrace and shame upon the Dusters, who could not kill me as he wanted.

This Adam is loving Jewish, you ain't baptizing him with your Christian devil.

My final tango of the night was as an Adam against Dancer. A lot of fun poo poo happened, but nothing quite on the level of Me V Duster 1 on 1 for five minutes straight.

I did get a perfect fireworks off on Dancer that got me straight into the police exit. Dancer then hosed off out of the map and got shot off the top of a bridge.

Sadly, only the audio survives of my epic tale. If Dancer wishes to post that clusterfuck of me denying Duster the chance to give me a bath, he's more than free to.

Also I don't know what was going on on Duster's screen, but mine was freaking the gently caress out after like, two minutes of that. It said I died and gave me the victory fanfare half a dozen times.

Thus ends the tale of Burk, who aint ever gonna drown to no Duster. Until he does.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

a cock shaped fruit posted:

What the hell, in the Part 9 film, Jason NEVER uses a 2 headed axe.

In fact he uses a machete for the majority of the time he has a weapon:

Yeah. They must have just had a lot of axe animations filmed up.

I need more executions. I'd love to be able to swap weapons around for the Jason's too.

-

As a daft aside, I was daydreaming about an Evil Dead game in this vein the other day. Group of people out in the woods with one person controlling "The Evil" if you will. You'd have to try and trap/kill the other players (summoning zombies in the woods, driving them mad in cabins until they suicide). Now, here's the twist...

Any player killed by the main evil is transformed into a Deadite which can go on to perform their own acts of murder and mayhem. It might seem unfair, but the surviving players grow stronger as their numbers dwindle. Call it, "The Ash Effect" or something. These people have struggled and survived through this nightmare and eventually snap and go over the edge and fight back with immense gusto until one person is left and the tables turn. Now that lone survivor is like Jason from this game, a force of nature, kicking arse for the lord and the Deadites have to work as a team if they want a chance of taking them down.

See you over on Kickstarter.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I want to use the Machette all the time as Jason, but Part 7 trades Shift for Water Speed and just ugh :smith:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Danaru posted:

I want to use the Machette all the time as Jason, but Part 7 trades Shift for Water Speed and just ugh :smith:

I had probably the best Jason moment with part 7 the other day. Marching after an injured AJ and corralled her onto the pier and she had nowhere to go bar a desperate swim... Just stood on the edge watching her for a while then shifted out after her. :murder:

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Jason 7's sense is nice, but he is so slow. Objectively I think Jason 8 is superior if you want to roll a Juicy Jason.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Drunken Baker posted:

I need more executions. I'd love to be able to swap weapons around for the Jason's too.

Do you reckon people would mind/care if they released additional Jasons that were effectively Friday the 13th Part 9 (Machete Version) for free?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'd happily pay for it. But I am a sick bastard.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
To be fair, they did a good job on the model for the axes. Many games fail to include the eye, they include the eye and the pin.

Source: I love axes.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
If they released new Jasons I'd probably buy them all, yea. And I still haven't switched off Savini Jason!

Had a 7/7 and an 8/8 game last night as Savini Jason, people just aren't prepared for me to be in their cabin after 2 or 3 swings, and I get so many injuries on counselors who think they have enough time to slowly climb through windows because his pitchfork is so goddamn long.

Also had a great stalk moment where I'd let an injured Bugzy think that he'd lost me, but actually I hit Stalk and entered the same cabin as him from the opposite side. I turned the corner of the hallway as he's in the act of barricading the door, trapping himself inside with me. He turned around and basically ran right into my waiting arms, it was amazing.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Basebf555 posted:

Had a 7/7 and an 8/8 game last night.

I have this gut wrenching feeling I'll never get to do an 8/8 wipe. None of the lobbys for the Xbox ever seem to get that full.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I got a 7/8 once because someone killed themselves after everyone else was dead :smith: Just let me have it, dude

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Mind you, I'm sure some maths goon could whip up some numbers about exactly how many games you'd have to play to unlock all the achievements anyway. What is it? 1000 kills as Jason? That's at least a hundred rounds(at max capacity), right?

I don't normally care about achievements, but for this? I want them all. :black101:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drunken Baker posted:

I have this gut wrenching feeling I'll never get to do an 8/8 wipe. None of the lobbys for the Xbox ever seem to get that full.

I actually didn't get the 8/8 technically, the eight person left after I'd grabbed them but before I could execute the grab kill, so I'm counting it. I had them dead to rights. The main thing is that everyone in the lobby knew I wiped them all out.

Edit: And there's not much as satisfying as stopping a packed 4-seater car and watching them all scatter, then hunting them down as they each make feeble attempts at trying to distract me long enough to start it again. Once people have that car started they really hate to give up on it. And the salt is even tastier when they thought they had a good chance to escape and you just crush their hopes and laugh in their face.

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jun 16, 2017

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm so guilty of that. I'll lurk by the car and hope Jason goes after someone else EVERY drat TIME and it never works, I KNOW it never works... But like you say, it's some primal thing. You just can't resist it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Basebf555 posted:

I actually didn't get the 8/8 technically, the eight person left after I'd grabbed them but before I could execute the grab kill, so I'm counting it. I had them dead to rights. The main thing is that everyone in the lobby knew I wiped them all out.

Edit: And there's not much as satisfying as stopping a packed 4-seater car and watching them all scatter, then hunting them down as they each make feeble attempts at trying to distract me long enough to start it again. Once people have that car started they really hate to give up on it. And the salt is even tastier when they thought they had a good chance to escape and you just crush their hopes and laugh in their face.

I did this one time but also slammed down a bear trap in front of the driver side door. It was the wackiest slaughter as people kept trying to get around it whenever I was ripping heads off

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

I did this one time but also slammed down a bear trap in front of the driver side door. It was the wackiest slaughter as people kept trying to get around it whenever I was ripping heads off

I actually did the bear trap thing in this game I'm talking about last night, but what happened was kind of funnier in its own way than if someone had been trapped by it. They all would come running up to the car all excited like "hell yea, I'm the sole survivor, I'm the one that's gonna get outta here!" then the big "NOPE" as they see the bear trap and immediately do a U-turn, only to realize that I'm right on their heels and they probably should have just chalked the car up as a loss.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Danaru posted:

I got a 7/8 once because someone killed themselves after everyone else was dead :smith: Just let me have it, dude

I had a memorable game where five of the eight were betrayals. :v: AJ and nerdy girl did not stop that loving car for anyone, and nerdy girl casually shot the Chad who ran up to it while they were bringing in the gas.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also pro tip to any and all Jasons.

Do not trap the car doors, unless some one is giving you the run around.

It is trivial to bypass the traps by using the key to get in, and after that the person can move the car away from the other traps.

Do keep trapping the engine and gas though because there's NO avoiding that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Drunken Baker posted:

-

As a daft aside, I was daydreaming about an Evil Dead game in this vein the other day. Group of people out in the woods with one person controlling "The Evil" if you will. You'd have to try and trap/kill the other players (summoning zombies in the woods, driving them mad in cabins until they suicide). Now, here's the twist...

Any player killed by the main evil is transformed into a Deadite which can go on to perform their own acts of murder and mayhem. It might seem unfair, but the surviving players grow stronger as their numbers dwindle. Call it, "The Ash Effect" or something. These people have struggled and survived through this nightmare and eventually snap and go over the edge and fight back with immense gusto until one person is left and the tables turn. Now that lone survivor is like Jason from this game, a force of nature, kicking arse for the lord and the Deadites have to work as a team if they want a chance of taking them down.

See you over on Kickstarter.

The beginning part of your idea reminds me of Zombie Master. It was a Source mod you can download free on Steam (not sure if anyone's still playing) where most of the players were survivors playing an FPS while one was the titular Zombie Master who played like an RTS, summoning zombies and activating traps.

Unfortunately the last time I played a few years ago, most of the gameplay had devolved into just doing the same gimmick maps over and over. There were a lot of good, immersive maps with neat settings and interesting traps. Instead, everyone started playing textureless obstacle courses or meme-laden pathways with inescapable deathtraps where the only way to survive to the end was to try and trick the ZM into triggering early or late or letting people sacrifice themselves and running past their corpse.

• Locked thread