Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

Farm Poes? Lahabrea steamroll roulette still gives 120.

I think everything give poes now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
World transfer is supposed to be up now right? But it still gives me "unavaliable due to maintance" message.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Choyi posted:

World transfer is supposed to be up now right? But it still gives me "unavaliable due to maintance" message.
Well, it was scheduled to be available around certain time.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Choyi posted:

Considering the instance servers are down I wouldn't risk it even if it was up.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah, they're taking their drat time :mad:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
please calm down

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Dwesa posted:

Well, it was scheduled to be available around certain time.

Just making sure I'm not getting the wrong information on when its supposed to be available, since the sooner I get off this 240+ms latency the better. I just want to be able enjoy the game again :negative:

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

hobbesmaster posted:

Considering the instance servers are down I wouldn't risk it even if it was up.
Nah, it's fine

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I think everything give poes now.

I meant that the reward hasn't decreased post-patch, which is good since Shire gear is super cheap now.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
RDM is really good.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I only got to mess with RDM in north than fates for a half hour but the job is insanely fun

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I hope my hotel has strong enough Wi-Fi to play, or it's going to be a very miserable month. I was able to get into Ul'dah for my RDM at least. Any 4x RDM statics queuing at Quarrymill?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

What's Red Mage's gimmick?

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fancy hats?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/redmage/

Edit: Fancy hats

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Being fabulous.

Also having to juggle between two different resources and between ranged and melee or something I guess.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Better than rear/flank juggling.

Speaking of, hooray for True North.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also I was completely wrong about MCH. Yeah you have to juggle the heat thing and wildfire, but that's because there's literally nothing else to worry about. There's keeping hot shot up and the few oGCDs but otherwise it's just the 1-2-3 RNG combo. It by far seems like the easiest DPS class to play outside of maxing wildfire, and even that's easier to manage now that 1) you don't have to click a half-dozen different buffs, and 2) the buffs you do have sync up with it.

I'll probably regret it horribly when it turns out ranged DPS is poo poo this expansion or something but I think I found my main. :toot:

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
at least at 50, ideally you want your RDM rotation to look like black 1, black 2, white 1, white 2. Repeat until 80/80, then you have a 5-hit melee combo including jump in and out and reset.

You want to avoid jolt and impact as much as possible by getting procs. Even at the start of a fight, if you have a countdown timer you should be casting a level 1 skill at 5s prepull to avoid having to jolt. Later on you'll want to keep the mana types a little imbalanced for the black or white 3 finisher.

Actually it's more like: cast accelerated white 1 prepull, dualcast black 1 , cast white 2, dualcast white 1, cast black 2(if you got it, jolt otherwise) , then continue as long as possible forcing the level 1 spells to proc level 2s and using the 2s cast time of the level 2 spells to proc dualcasts

Jinh fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jun 16, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Am I all patched up if my launcher goes to Play right now without an EA key, or is there stuff to download after I put one in?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

So I'm a dummy and figured I would wait for retail release on Tuesday to buy and play, but the pull is just too strong. If I preorder on Amazon today would I still be able to get into early access?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

super sweet best pal posted:

I meant that the reward hasn't decreased post-patch, which is good since Shire gear is super cheap now.

Oh yeah in that case its the quickest way to get some decent poes.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Am I all patched up if my launcher goes to Play right now without an EA key, or is there stuff to download after I put one in?

There's stuff to download after.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I've mostly played Red Mage so far but Samurai's slash sound effects are really satisfying.

Also: how many job quests are there for the new jobs? Yesterday someone said one every two levels (even though only the 60 and 70 ones give abilities)--is that accurate?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Two things:

1. Dualcast. Whenever you cast any spell with a cast time (meaning the cast bar shows up and you don't Swiftcast it), you get a Dualcast proc guaranteed. Dualcast means your next spell is instant.

2. Your spells either build up White Mana or Black Mana. You want to maintain a balance of those until you hit at least 80 of each, then you spend it on a badass melee combo. You can do your melee attacks without White and Black Mana, but they're really weak; with Mana to spend on them, though, they add up to a pretty sweet burst combo.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Has anyone checked the poetics payout for PotD yet?

It looks like you can get a full set of 260 (minus weapon and a ring) for about 2500 poetics.

The trade-in rate to poetics is 2-for-1 for both Lore and Scripture - kind of lovely given how much easier poetics have always been to get.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Trainmonk posted:

There's stuff to download after.

Oh Square, I still have hope one day you'll do it right.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
*Added Jun. 16, 2017 12:30 GMT) / 13:30 (BST) Because we are currently experiencing an issue with the Duty Finder, the re-opening of the World transfer service has been postponed. We will inform you as soon as the opening date has been determined.

Sadly this means that there's going to be a delay in creating Please Calm Down.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Oh hey, I was in about to do quests to get that spearfishing poo poo and a power guy comes and replaces my power meter surprise powerout.

This world is currently full
Players in queue: 165.

How is excal doing right now?

Edit: v Goddammit literally when I was needing it

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

So looks like world transfer is super hosed and won't be fixed for a while.

edit: dangit Locust

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Seems I've got a bit of an edge detection problem with my graphics now... It gives me graphical corruption around the edges of particle effects and obliterates eyebrows. Anyone else got this too? Because it was working fine on Wednesday, and I'm trying not to chase my tail on something I can't control.

edit: I also feel like slightly less of a dork for plotting out how I was going to rearrange my bars in advance... I broke a bunch of bars up into 2x6es and 3x4es, and if it weren't for this handy little excel sheet this would be much more annoying.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jun 16, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We aren't getting our CE rewards until after the official launch, right?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
No cleric stance is so loving amazing.

Like, I can't put into words how good it feels to refresh aero dots, regen someone, assize for full value, and then mix up stone and regen casts is to play

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Aphrodite posted:

Oh Square, I still have hope one day you'll do it right.

Why would they have you download the expansion if you can't access it? The patch you get without an EA code is all the game changes that were made, the patch you get after is all of the expansion itself.

Having like 20 sidequests at once is a feeling I haven't had in a while and it's kind of fun to have the leveling experience again. XP rewards from the MSQ seem to be pretty good, I'm about 25-30% to 61 just from those so far.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Pianos and acoustic guitar are also so pleasant to hear after two years of bagpipes and organs

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ouhei posted:

Why would they have you download the expansion if you can't access it?

Having more than 1 live version is a bad idea.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty sure it's the same version, the client just defers patch data you don't need, why'd you think it's more than one?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

If those count as different live versions, then they've been running two live versions for a couple years now: one for people with Heavensward, and one for people without it. It's not like some people are on the 4.0 patch and others aren't. Everyone got the 4.0 patch. It's the difference between having the expansion downloaded and not, which is different from having two live versions.

People who hadn't bought Heavensward didn't have the data downloaded, so if you don't have access to Stormblood yet, why should you have the data downloaded?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm, Alisaie.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
It's no big deal but many of the quest descriptions are hilariously half-assed it seems like, I've seen more than a few that are just a single sentence like "X has lost something very important" or "Y is nodding approvingly at the sutlers" with nothing added to them even after completion. It's like they fail to update to the proper descriptions and are just stuck on the initial short one you get when you pick them up. Wonder if it's bugged or if they were just that pressed for time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Minrad posted:

No cleric stance is so loving amazing.

Like, I can't put into words how good it feels to refresh aero dots, regen someone, assize for full value, and then mix up stone and regen casts is to play

That sounds like seriously my poo poo. Can't wait.