Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

thats every law you idiot. You have to go in court and prove that someone wronged you.

Except it's like 1000x tougher to convince a judge and jury of rape than basically every other felony in existence, let alone getting a day in court with how cops, detectives, prosecutors, and the whole law enforcement system fails sexual assault victims at all points along the way. Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Except it's like 1000x tougher to convince a judge and jury of rape than basically every other felony in existence, let alone getting a day in court with how cops, detectives, prosecutors, and the whole law enforcement system fails sexual assault victims at all points along the way. Lol.

lol good lord

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

What country are you from? I'm gonna laugh if it turns out they have a statute of limitations too

If you read the thread, Canada, and we don't

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Every time I think of the Canadian judicial system, I think of Dear Zachary.

A skeebity doobity bobbity boobity!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Das Boo posted:

Every time I think of the Canadian judicial system, I think of Dear Zachary.

A skeebity doobity bobbity boobity!

You should draw bill cosby but he has breasts and sexy butt and he's being raped by big bird and Elmo is watching and saying oh no

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Kiryen posted:

If you live anywhere in the western world and call yourself "oppressed" for any reason, you're total poo poo. period.

Any sort of group-based complaint in the west has been whiny-baby nonsense for 30 years, and there is basically no way to argue against this. 99.999999% of humans who ever lived had it worse.

What are your thoughts on ferguson

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

Yes this is definitely true in Somalia

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Why do we have a jury system again? All it seems to do is let retards make bad calls

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

LethalGeek posted:

Why do we have a jury system again? All it seems to do is let retards make bad calls
Aren't a lot of the details that public knows not really legally admissible? like obv you or I would convict him but maybe with respect to what's actually allowed to be presented in the case the jury being torn is legitimate, I dunno I haven't actually followed the details.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

ArbitraryC posted:

Aren't a lot of the details that public knows not really legally admissible? like obv you or I would convict him but maybe with respect to what's actually allowed to be presented in the case the jury being torn is legitimate, I dunno I haven't actually followed the details.

nobody follows the details, that's why we have juries

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

LethalGeek posted:

jury system is both impressive and also loving stupid. its good it exists, and honestly i dont know if there's really a better practical way, other than perhaps adopting the civil jury system for criminal cases but that has problems too. everyone should serve jury duty on criminal cases at least one to see how it works in both it's beauty and stupidity. kind of an enlightening experience.

it usually gets stacked to the brim with retired olds and poo poo. part of the problem is it pays next to nothing and in this day and age where everyone has no savings or in debt, no one wants to get stuck on a case where you may have to take 2 weeks or even several months literally going unpaid from work (unless you are a public employee) while you have bills, rent, and mouths to feed.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 16, 2017

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Sid Vicious posted:

You should draw bill cosby but he has breasts and sexy butt and he's being raped by big bird and Elmo is watching and saying oh no

Can't I just copy yours?

AntifaSupersoldier
Jul 30, 2003

Reality is what you can get away with
Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAorIG6MZnc

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

This reminds me that I haven't seen "House of Cosbys" in awhile. It got a cease and desist letter from Cosby's lawyers which makes this case even funnier.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
did the condom fit

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Orkin Mang posted:

did the condom fit

he did grope tit

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Cosby is probably guilty but the way they're going about this is shady. They told him for his testimony and settlement with the victim they wouldn't pursue charges, so he admitted to poo poo nobody ever would have in a criminal investigation, then after that DA died, the new one wanted to make a name for themsleves and pretended like the previous agreement never happened, but they're still using his testimony from it.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Xaris posted:

he did grope tit

its an important quesiton. if it doesnt then the jury needs to acquit this guy..

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

new phone who dis posted:

Cosby is probably guilty but the way they're going about this is shady. They told him for his testimony and settlement with the victim they wouldn't pursue charges, so he admitted to poo poo nobody ever would have in a criminal investigation, then after that DA died, the new one wanted to make a name for themsleves and pretended like the previous agreement never happened, but they're still using his testimony from it.

more like qualewd

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
It'd be a tough gig being on that jury, on one side you've got a an old black man that everyone loves and couldn't possibly have done it, on the other a crying white woman who has no evidence and has probably made it all up but as she's a crying white woman you believe her anyway.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Every time I've ever had jury duty and actually been on a case (twice), everyone is so desperate to get the gently caress out that they all immediately fall in line after just 1 or 2 people speak up with an opinion. I'd be loving pissed if people were holding out and making the rest of the group stay in that room any longer than we absolutely had to.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Prejudice is over in America, retards.

*literal neo nazi is white house aide for real and it's not hyperbole*

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Prejudice is over in America, retards.

*literal neo nazi is white house aide for real and it's not hyperbole*

miscegany is hard to say but easy to do

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
All men should wear body cams at all time to prove they didn't rape when left alone with a woman or a child.
It's really the only reasonable solution.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Salem Saberhagen posted:

All men should wear body cams at all time to prove they didn't rape when left alone with a woman or a child.

No can do buddy, I'm basically a rape tornado

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Why even have a statute of limitations anyway? Or juries? Or courts? Or laws about things? Why is there soup on my pants? Why are my pants in my mouth?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Zorodius posted:

Why even have a statute of limitations anyway? Or juries? Or courts? Or laws about things? Why is there soup on my pants? Why are my pants in my mouth?

You saw an opportunity and you took it, my man. Welcome to America.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Salem Saberhagen posted:

Mike Pence was right: you leave a man alone with a woman ever, and bam, he just can't stop himself from raping her

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

If you don't wanna get raped don't wear such revealing outfits around puddin pop spokesmen duh

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LethalGeek posted:

Back in the good ole days judges decided cases, and all judges were rich white men. The decisions they made conflicted with the interests of the majority of voters.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

FisheyStix posted:

No can do buddy, I'm basically a rape tornado

That would make a great username.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Doesn't it seem suspicious that all of them have the same story, almost like they worked it all out together?

Or almost as if they turned on the news and saw the allegations and decided to get in on a piece of the action

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Yikes that's why everyone should thank they're lucky stars they live in a country like America rather than in whatever nightmare hell hole this paragraph is true in

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Trunko posted:

Yikes that's why everyone should thank they're lucky stars they live in a country like America rather than in whatever nightmare hell hole this paragraph is true in

Yea maybe Its just because I'm in America but here cops REALLY don't like sex offenders. Like they hate them. Most people do really.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
oh baby break me off a piece of THAT

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Yea maybe Its just because I'm in America but here cops REALLY don't like sex offenders. Like they hate them. Most people do really.

Yeah in America sex offenders are seen as literal scum of the earth and we treat them in ways that we don't any other group, like putting them on a registry for the rest of their lives.

Which is why I'm so confused when people talk about institutionalized rape culture :psyduck:

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

i like that posted:

The justice system is basically scum from top to bottom

• Cops often act as abusers by proxy in dv situations and are SCUM
• The high-paid defense laywers who represent predators and whose only perceptible defense strategy is blaming the victim are SCUM
• Your state-appointed public prosecutor who makes sweetheart deals with the defense while not telling you and definitely not getting any input from you, who you meet on the day of the trial and sits her fat rear end dead silent the entire time including when the defense makes numerous speculative highly objectionable statements, is SCUM
• The judge who says 'nice to meet you' after loving batting for the defendant the entire time for reasons unknown is SCUM
• The statute of limitations -- needless to say, a SCUM document

Money rules and if you've got less financial resources than the perpetrator you aren't going to get justice, just stay home tbh

i like that posted:

Oh yeah and the so-called 'civil rights' police negligence lawyers whose website story says they went into law school after being victim of biased police conduct for themselves as a poor college student, yet ask for $600/hr even though they have less than 10 years experience and this isn't NYC. Chalk them up as being scum as well.

Tell us more about fathers' rights and your experience in family court

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

And yet I remain horrifically unbanned, shambling through this hellhole of "But what if women ARE lying whores? I'm just asking questions for lols!"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

i like that posted:

• Cops often act as abusers by proxy in dv situations and are SCUM

I would love to hear this fleshed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tiny Deer posted:

And yet I remain horrifically unbanned, shambling through this hellhole of "But what if women ARE lying whores? I'm just asking questions for lols!"

what do you expect from people who are naturally given so many advantages in life, they're the same as trump

they can't comprehend that someone would need help because everything in life was given to them when they were born

• Locked thread