Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Koy021veA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://zippy.gfycat.com/TatteredSoreGrackle.webm

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Bring on next multiverse chapter, I wanna see some namekian schlong already!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Holy poo poo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Goku reminiscing about punching his dead Grandpa. :3:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Sometimes, it becomes really obvious how much more fond Toriyama is of Dragonball than DBZ.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Sometimes, it becomes really obvious how much more fond Toriyama is of Dragonball than DBZ.

Toriyama doesn't have much to do with DBS other than the general plot outline, though.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah there's a whole dragonball writer's room on DBS with toyotaro being the continuity guy

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah these touches are pretty much all Toei I'm sure. Toriyama isn't going to be giving them "and then reference Bakkuri-Sho and Goku fighting Grandpa Gohan"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I thought toyotaro wasn't involved with the anime?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

I think they were separate thoughts

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's absolutely not true. dude does a bunch of character designs, some of them collabs with toriyama.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Blockhouse posted:

that's absolutely not true. dude does a bunch of character designs, some of them collabs with toriyama.

From last October's interview:

"What is your relationship with the Dragon Ball Super anime?

At this point, I'm not very involved with it. I think going forward, I'll be more involved, but at this point in time, I actually receive more information from the anime team than I give to them. The anime is a little bit further along than I am, but in the near future I'll be ahead, so the information will be going back to them. Regardless, we'll continue to support one another as we go forward."

There's nothing that suggests that the stuff he works on with Toriyama for the manga has any bearings on what the anime does, really.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Aurora posted:

The anime is a little bit further along than I am, but in the near future I'll be ahead, so the information will be going back to them. Regardless, we'll continue to support one another as we go forward."

Oh god no I do not want him dictating the direction of arcs.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I doubt he can, his work is in the manga. At worst he can say "Oh, Toriyama told me to do X and I did X.2 starring Goku".

The name you all are searching for is probably Tomioka Atsuhiro, rather than Toriyama (outlines of what the main points of the arc will be) or Toyotaro (focused on the manga). Quoting, he was the script writer for most of the Future Trunks Saga, the two Breather Episodes before the Universal Survival Saga, and almost all the Universal Survival Saga's episodes so far, and clearly remembers very well what happened in the previous two series, but unlike Toyotaro, he actually applies it to characters other than Goku.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://twitter.com/AnimeAjay/status/876079022463225856

the gently caress is happening in the Super manga

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Lmao

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
At this point

why not

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wait really

Wait really

He learned how to use Hakai?

The gently caress how why

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Who is he even fighting?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spiritus Nox posted:

I think it's Goku Black

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait so he killed him?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Worst thing agbout the manga is it removed all of Zamasu's character he had in the anime. I have not seen one 5 minute monologue to himself.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spiritus Nox posted:

fused zamasu

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Awww he didn't do the hand thing for hakai

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RBX posted:

Worst thing agbout the manga is it removed all of Zamasu's character he had in the anime. I have not seen one 5 minute monologue to himself.

The only monologues allowed in the manga are from the narrator, explaining in extreme detail how everything works and thus is consistent and good.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kelp Plankton posted:

fused zamasu

Wait what why did fused Zamasu turn in Goku

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Because he is the perfect man

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
And the worst part is that there are people who think the manga is superior

Yes, clearly Goku asspulling a move exclusive to the GoDs is a way more satisfying ending than Trunks asspulling a Genkidama sword

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the super manga is gonna end with goku replacing zeno isn't it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At least there are several excuses of why we won't see Goku use it ever again.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

At least there are several excuses of why we won't see Goku use it ever again.

I know enough about Dragon Ball to know that none of those excuses will matter and Goku will only become better at using it.

Remember when Goku wasn't meant to go over x2 Kaio-ken? And then just used x10 without any issues in Namek? Yeah.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Blaze Dragon posted:

I know enough about Dragon Ball to know that none of those excuses will matter and Goku will only become better at using it.

Remember when Goku wasn't meant to go over x2 Kaio-ken? And then just used x10 without any issues in Namek? Yeah.

Yeah, but this different, Goku won't erase someone unless it is necessary and there is no other choice. Why take away a good rematch?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So what is the explanation going to be this time that Goku learned Hakai? That he just suddnely remembered Whis trianing?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 17, 2017

Caros
May 14, 2008

Shindragon posted:

So what is the explanation going to be this time that Goku learned Hakai? That he just suddnely remembered Whis trianing?

He's Goku?

The last cell games video made a pretty decent point on the fact that Goku is basically just an enormous technique thief. Not particularly surprising that he steals a move from Beerus.

Edit: though I suppose he wasn't there to see it in the manga. Probably saw beerus Hakai some food he didn't like or something.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Hakai was literally a God of Destruction magical ability, not some technique any schlep could learn

Caros
May 14, 2008

Burkion posted:

I thought Hakai was literally a God of Destruction magical ability, not some technique any schlep could learn

That was an assumption based on the name of the attack and the fact that the only people we've seen do it thus far are gods of destruction.

I mean, it was a safe assumption, but I'm not at all surprised to see someone else bust it out.

Apparently Trunks does still have the spirit sword as well. He cuts the two in half while they defuse which fucks things up even worse because :trunks:

Vegeta also seems to have a new technique called Gamma Burst Flash... Which ought to be cool.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Having anybody other than a GoD use Hakai is just plain dumb and bad. They wrote themselves into a corner with Zamasu and made him too strong; but the anime did the smart thing and just used the usual ending all stories use when this happens while the manga keeps doing stupid poo poo and not just loving ending. The Hakai didn't even finish him so what was the point? Why include it? Like does anybody who pays attention thinks Beerus and especially Whis would teach the idiot Goku how to delete people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The Hakai not just working on everything with zero effort also makes all the gods of destruction much less scary because it means their instakill can be overcome. And in Dragonball, if it can, it will, until it's worthless

• Locked thread