Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Kurtofan posted:

Donald Trump ... sending ... Christians to a genocide zone
:smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Whole new meaning to "trigger warning."

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Barbe Rouge posted:

I voted for Trump thinking he would protect ethnic minorities

how? just....how?

Because he was caterwauling through the whole campaign about how Obama had abandoned ME Christians and that he would make a special effort to protect and shelter them. So she wasn't totally insane for voting for him, just stupid enough to fall for a huckster.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Barbe Rouge posted:

I voted for Trump thinking he would protect ethnic minorities

how? just....how?

Iraqi/Syrian Christians think they're white. They also love Hitler.

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Zeroisanumber posted:

Because he was caterwauling through the whole campaign about how Obama had abandoned ME Christians and that he would make a special effort to protect and shelter them. So she wasn't totally insane for voting for him, just stupid enough to fall for a huckster.

no, she was loving insane to think a man who ran an almost-exact rerun of a hitler rally would protect minorities, why would she get a pass on that one? maybe she missed it? it was not the only time, he was all about hunting down the minorities all of the time, to a point the courts can't even ignore it

in her defense, of course, nobody knows what trump is trying to do now, because he has passed beyond the realms of sanity and reason, so w'evs

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

lol she voted for the unabashed xenophobic ultra-nationalist candidate backed by every single white supremacy group and also tons of literal Nazis running his campaign

she got exactly what she voted for

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Insane might be the wrong word. Comically ignorant. Uninformed voter. Democracy novice.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

lol she voted for the unabashed xenophobic ultra-nationalist candidate backed by every single white supremacy group and also tons of literal Nazis running his campaign

she got exactly what she voted for

i can understand why it happens since immigrants dont have the same knowledge of political parties that growing up with them gives, but considering how open trump was about not likeing immigrants :lol:

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Duscat posted:

no, she was loving insane to think a man who ran an almost-exact rerun of a hitler rally would protect minorities, why would she get a pass on that one? maybe she missed it? it was not the only time, he was all about hunting down the minorities all of the time, to a point the courts can't even ignore it

She was probably just a lovely awful person like this

quote:

Today, black Americans are allowed to carry on as if they are the most persecuted people in the world, as if such a thing could be measured and as if any data point to them as inherently oppressed. I guess bullying and guilting white people is a win, a win leading to unearned invitations to the Oscars, thinkpieces about sitting out the national anthem, and a shift from an important conversation about violence in inner cities to cop killings that, following the Aziz Ansari method, amount to an infinitesimal number of deaths. This win allows black Americans part of this movement to say that black lives matter (which, sure, OK) but also that all white people are terrible. All white people are supposed to “check their privilege” and stop pushing their “mayo” opinions on people. White is bland and boring and violent and hateful. Fifty years ago, black activists and their allies sought to end segregation. In 2016, blacks want ‘safe spaces,’ places where they segregate themselves from others, and no non-blacks can possibly be allies because we are all part of the problem and everyone is an anti-black racist and Donald Trump is literally Hitler. This is of course ridiculous but actually it is not. This is the majority’s way of thinking now. This is what we have devolved into. Everyone is either a racist or a self-hating ally or black.
But what about Middle Eastern Christians? Where do we fit?
Middle Eastern Christians are not white or black or bound by Western ideas of race and privilege. There is indeed privilege in the Middle East but it is not racial. Actually, privilege extends only to Muslims. In the Middle East, all the things black people wrongly complain about are true for non-Muslims.
American presidential candidates aren’t good for Middle Eastern Christians. That is, they weren’t, before Trump.

Donald Trump Is Good for Middle Eastern Christians

Donald Trump had no business running for president. He’s not presidential material, whatever that means, and he’s not part of the political elite who subscribe to the same rhetoric and stances. (Ask people in the Middle East if bombs raining down on them from Republican presidents are different from the ones Democrats send.) Trump was supposed to be a joke. You’re not allowed to say ‘crazy’ things when you’re running for president and you’re certainly not allowed to win Republican primaries, become the Republican nominee, and change the political landscape forevermore.
It’s that last one that really interests me.
Like him or not, Donald Trump is effectively changing the world. We’ve thrown out ideas of traditional candidates, acceptable sound bites, political correctness. In his brash presence in this election, Trump has carved a place out for those of us who did not fit anywhere before. Sure, the alt-right loves him and the liberal left hates him but in the hubbub of their back-and-forth those of us previously left out have found a way in. We can now ask Muslims outraged at Trump’s run why his words are more offensive to them than Clinton killing and displacing thousands of Muslims. We can now point out that Omar Mateen was an extremist by everyone’s standards but the mosque he attended where anti-gay rhetoric was spewed regularly is attended by the ‘moderate Muslims’ liberals love to court so much. We can now interject with a pointed “um, no” when Muslims in the West claim that they pose no danger to America because they live “side-by-side with Christians” back home.
Middle Eastern Christians relish this: we can finally call Muslims out on their hypocrisy but, more importantly, we have a voice. That’s not something Hitler went around giving people, I’m pretty sure.

Not insane, just hateful enough to project all their desires on someone who sounds as hateful as them, and stupid enough to think that nativist bigots who lump all foreigners together would suddenly be discerning and make a special exception for the ones with the "right" religion. You would think that the nativist right's hatred for Mexican Christians would have been a clue lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Agean90 posted:

i can understand why it happens since immigrants dont have the same knowledge of political parties that growing up with them gives, but considering how open trump was about not likeing immigrants :lol:

They should require 10 yrs conus to vote.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

VitalSigns posted:

Not insane, just hateful enough to project all their desires on someone who sounds as hateful as them, and stupid enough to think that nativist bigots who lump all foreigners together would suddenly be discerning and make a special exception for the ones with the "right" religion. You would think that the nativist right's hatred for Mexican Christians would have been a clue lol

It's also how groups like this work. If they get rid of all the darkies they'll find a way to be white incorrectly and then those people gotta go too.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

It's also how groups like this work. If they get rid of all the darkies they'll find a way to be white incorrectly and then those people gotta go too.

The funny thing is elsewhere in that godawful op-ed the author complains that evangelicals treat them like poo poo because they're the wrong brand of Christian lol.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

VitalSigns posted:

She was probably just a lovely awful person like this

Oh is that why ive been seeing idiots calling people segregationists lately?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

VitalSigns posted:

The funny thing is elsewhere in that godawful op-ed the author complains that evangelicals treat them like poo poo because they're the wrong brand of Christian lol.

Well, they are

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
The amount of leniency some in this thread are giving to people with trumpgrets is maddening. All of them have this vague reasoning for turning against their glorious leader but his positions haven't changed much and his attempts to ban the muzzies and ban the wetbacks still went forward, he was just unable to do it. The real reason they are now "deeply regretting" their vote is because he didn't bring a return to the golden age where whites reigned supreme and daddy makes them rich, removing the stain of embarrassment that they've had for decades. The simple goodhearted southern grandma who sets pies on the window sill can't suddenly start growing a conscience without being castigated for her actions. The reality is they are cowards who didn't want to be the bad guys but wanted the same things that other more vehement/vocal trump supporters.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

thehandtruck posted:

The amount of leniency some in this thread are giving to people with trumpgrets is maddening. All of them have this vague reasoning for turning against their glorious leader but his positions haven't changed much and his attempts to ban the muzzies and ban the wetbacks still went forward, he was just unable to do it. The real reason they are now "deeply regretting" their vote is because he didn't bring a return to the golden age where whites reigned supreme and daddy makes them rich, removing the stain of embarrassment that they've had for decades. The simple goodhearted southern grandma who sets pies on the window sill can't suddenly start growing a conscience without being castigated for her actions. The reality is they are cowards who didn't want to be the bad guys but wanted the same things that other more vehement/vocal trump supporters.

but but but if we're mean to them they might vote for trump twice next time!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lamebot posted:

lol not from Egypt or Honduras

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

VitalSigns posted:

Welcome to the Catholic Church!

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
We need extreme vetting of people who want to receive the host. Bad hombres who believe in consubstantiation are eating all the bread.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Volcott posted:

We need extreme vetting of people who want to receive the host. Bad hombres who believe in consubstantiation are eating all the bread.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

the move towards establishing religion in america is right and good and i look forward to the coming opportunity to burn all the fucken heretics

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

TBH I would rather have all the Harry Potter references be replaced with Bible references

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Mitergators remain the best political cartoon metaphor

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Terror Sweat posted:

TBH I would rather have all the Harry Potter references be replaced with Bible references

"Caligula" Trump
"king Ahab" Trump

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

he looks like uncle fester

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Lamebot posted:

Ideally we would be brutally owning them to the limits of our abilities, but also getting them health care, education, living wages, etc. etc.

I don't think either prong of this approach would change many people's minds, but I don't really care.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

Ideally we would be brutally owning them to the limits of our abilities, but also getting them health care, education, living wages, etc. etc.

I don't think either prong of this approach would change many people's minds, but I don't really care.

my ideal politician is one who improved their lives in every way then points out that they needed a gay black Muslim liberal communist to help them

I'm glad the free cutting edge rehab program we forced through helped your teenage son kick his pill habit, welfare queen

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

not in contemporary times, but it is at least internally consistent that the original descendants of this country's protestant founders would be leery of Catholicism jumping the pond and ruining their city on a hill, if only because the protestant founders were the 17th century version of the Mormons, holding unpopular religious views and literally fleeing across the pond to escape papal authority in the first place.

I guess all these idiot tormp voters are a pretty neat impromptu social experiment about how incredibly awesome white privilege is in the U.S. these people are so desperate to count as white that they willing voted for the candidate who is going to forcibly export them out of the country, on the off-chance that maybe their vote would somehow prove their inherent white-ness and earn them an honorary doctorate in being white.

edit: they heard the expression "one of the good ones" and thought they could earn their way into that category, but the trimp hive-mind believes "the only good X is a dead X"

Freaking Crumbum has issued a correction as of 19:53 on Jun 16, 2017

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

they don't understand that when used by these people "muslim" doesn't just mean the religion, they're referring to everyone of middle eastern descent as well.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Crocoswine posted:

they don't understand that when used by these people "muslim" doesn't just mean the religion, they're referring to everyone of middle eastern descent as well.

indirectly deporting yourself managed to top indirectly deporting your spouse

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Terror Sweat posted:

at least i would get them :agesilaus:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
a lot of immigrants are generally welcomed with open arms into all the churches in their areas and they feel very welcome and trusting

when they go to vote they remember that obama was not a nice person and he was friends with this evil woman of satan and this trump person jesus really wants to be president so

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

i guess lenny from of mice and men was a trump voter

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
what job did he have that he was so bad at that a mexican with no papers could take it from him

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

ScrubLeague posted:

what job did he have that he was so bad at that a mexican with no papers could take it from him

just look at his tweets; any job he occupied would fit that description

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ScrubLeague posted:

i think the saurus worked in a kitchen

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Jose posted:

i think the saurus worked in a kitchen

that makes sense, but is also pathetic in every way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 230 days!

ScrubLeague posted:

he's very confused; he was once in love with Jeb but a Mexican stole him away