Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Fart City posted:

NO COMMENT YOU GODDAMN VULTURES.

Poster Fart City already more qualified to president than actual President.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Alex Jones just released tapes of phone calls he recorded between himself and Megyn Kelly.

Nothing too major, but Kelly was groveling to him to get him to agree to an interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkpNO675Beg

Jones literally demonised Obama.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BRISTOL PALINS BABY posted:

lol gingrich tried to impeach clinton over obstruction of justice. what a loving transparent demon

newt is basically the original trump, he's probably the person most responsible for turning the republican party into what it is today

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

a timely article:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/875723324550205440

basically a reliable republican, but not really a reliable trumpist

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

evilweasel posted:

newt is basically the original trump, he's probably the person most responsible for turning the republican party into what it is today

Not sure which one is worse to his wives.

AlouetteNR
Jun 6, 2011

And we have more excellent water slides than any other planet we communicate with.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Doesn't Newt have a book coming out? I think he's just saying outrageous poo poo to get his name out. Sort of like his last primary run, which started as a book tour but he almost ended up accidentally winning.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

HappyHippo posted:

Doesn't Newt have a book coming out? I think he's just saying outrageous poo poo to get his name out. Sort of like his last primary run, which started as a book tour but he almost ended up accidentally winning.

This is true but Newt is also a true scumbag so it can be both getting his name out and also having no shame defending Trump for something he tried to nail Clinton over.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Fart City posted:

NO COMMENT YOU GODDAMN VULTURES.

You have a duty to respond to the public after the 10483782 people above you recused

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Rigel posted:

Counterpoint: If they know they will lose, then it is correct to lower expectations so they can say "big deal, Handel was a terrible candidate, we knew we were losing, but it means nothing nationally"

The GOP is not playing 4D chess with fake polls.

The only reason internals ever leak is to craft narrative. In Kansas, the leak was from, and discussed on the record by, the head of the state party.

Nobody leaks internal polling because they're fervent believers that information should be free. They leak to manage expectations and they leak to bolster internal recriminations and shift blame within a campaign. This appears to be the former.

This is nothing new or extraordinary about what the GOP has done during the specials, but people have been far more open to taking it as valid.

seiferguy posted:

What's the term where you support certain feminist policies because they benefit you and only you? Cafeteria feminism? FYGM feminism? Whatever it is, that's what Megyn Kelly is.

Typically "corporate feminism" or similar-but the overwhelming bulk of that usage is from Vivian James aficionados and lefties who are totally cool with women except for that bitch Hillary. Also,

Pollyanna posted:

White feminism.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

super secret single payer here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Radish posted:

This is true but Newt is also a true scumbag so it can be both getting his name out and also having no shame defending Trump for something he tried to nail Clinton over.

He is but spending time pointing out his dumb contradictions is putting more effort than he is. He's just trying to get his name in the news by offering the laziest defenses possible, all that matters to him is that he sticks to the narrative that it's Trump versus the Washington insiders.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

HappyHippo posted:

He is but spending time pointing out his dumb contradictions is putting more effort than he is. He's just trying to get his name in the news by offering the laziest defenses possible, all that matters to him is that he sticks to the narrative that it's Trump versus the Washington insiders.

Yeah I agree. Newt probably isn't influencing much at all and ignoring his shittiness and hope he fades into obscurity is the best thing.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Medullah posted:

You're sad? As soon as Obama announced he was loosening restrictions I bought the domain name Gotocuba.com hoping to sell it to Travelocity or someone shortly after! :D

cuba print "dicks"
goto cuba

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Jesus gently caress. This thing must be a complete turd.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/DRUDGE/status/875671143230742528

BURN

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

I have to assume Rosenstein knew this article was coming (which makes sense as they would have contacted him for comment) and that's the reason for the bizarre statement he put out about anonymous sources.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is just silly expectation lowering.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

AbsolutelySane posted:

I have to assume Rosenstein knew this article was coming (which makes sense as they would have contacted him for comment) and that's the reason for the bizarre statement he put out about anonymous sources.

It doesn't make sense to bring up foreign government sources though.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Rigel posted:

Private polling paid for by the GOP in GA-06 reportedly came back with grim news, and the GOP now fully expects to lose and are starting to wonder what it'll mean for 2018. They aren't totally conceding, but they are now down to "well hey, maybe the polls are wrong, who knows"

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/16/georgia-special-election-gop-worries-239619

poo poo is going to matter very quickly if Ossoff wins, especially in a blowout. Until they get tangible proof that their jobs are in danger they will continue to be Trump bootlickers.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

nachos posted:

poo poo is going to matter very quickly if Ossoff wins, especially in a blowout. Until they get tangible proof that their jobs are in danger they will continue to be Trump bootlickers.

They can't do anything other than what they are doing or else their base (who is the same base as Trump has) will abandon them in 18.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Trump and Drudge both leaning in pretty hard on that Rasmussen poll.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/875732813278048256

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

trickybiscuits posted:

WOW. Don't trust motherfucking Alex Jones EVER.

A friend of mine pulled out the "the Left needs to tone down the rhetoric" bit tonight. It turns out he doesn't know anything about Alex Jones. Can somebody link me to some video clips that are both horrifying and completely normal for his show?

I can't pick a favorite, just choose anything from these videos. Well okay, maybe the bit where he yells about Hilary being an intergalatic interdimensional
body-possessing world-invading demon (first clip of 2nd vid) is quintessential Alex Jones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQrMCDVx1lU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntWieh7YIgY

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

fsif posted:

beautiful

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

fsif posted:

It's not even a good score!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

fsif posted:

(Please clap)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

It's not even a good score!

Hell, it's a higher percentage than his popular vote! :v:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Abisteen posted:

Oh my god if Kelly actually said that about Sandy Hook and this starts to get covered then NBC might actually get pressured to get rid of her. I don't think mainstream sources are going to take well to their public employees giving time of day to sandy hook false flag stuff.

Dunno if anyone else linked this but the families are suing NBC.
http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-jones-kelly-sandy-hook-20170615-story.html

Good for them. Jones is only as bad as the people who give him a platform.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

fsif posted:

Just spent the last half hour reading about the Grenfell fire, and this caused me to erupt in extremely tearful laughter at work. God drat. I might need to step away from the computer for second.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/875696735808610304

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
update, after the prior statement left off sexual orientation and gender identity:

quote:

FOR: All DOC Employees

Dear Commerce Team:

I understand the concerns of many Department of Commerce staff following the 2017 EEO policy statement. I want to assure you that the EEO statement was never intended to change policy or exclude any protected categories. The Department of Commerce remains committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of transgender status and sexual orientation. Department employees will continue to enjoy the fullest extent of the protections of all the non-discrimination laws. Please find below a reissued employee opportunity statement that fully reflects my views and the views of the Department.

WILBUR ROSS

To: ALL COMMERCE EMPLOYEES

Dear Commerce Team:

The Department of Commerce is charged with stimulating economic growth and expanding opportunities for Americans across the country. We will do so by putting American workers first. We will foster favorable conditions for economic growth and opportunity by promoting innovation, entrepreneurship, market development and commercialization. We will promote fair trade through the rigorous enforcement of laws and encourage cutting-edge scientific understanding of economic, social and environmental systems.

As Benjamin Franklin once said, “Commerce among nations must be fair and equitable.” I believe the same applies to our workforce. To ensure a fair and equitable work environment for our employees, we embrace the principles of EEO, diversity and inclusion as we recruit, develop, and retain a high-performing workforce that truly reflects the face of our Nation as a whole, and that has the critical skills necessary for mission success. We recognize that in order to achieve greatness as a Department, and as a Nation, we must practice our principles of mutual respect for all. Our commitment to the following principles will enhance our ability to carry out the mission of the Department.

The Department of Commerce does not tolerate behavior, harassment, discrimination or prejudice based on race, color, religion, sex (including sexual harassment and pregnancy discrimination), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age (40 years of age and over), genetic information, or disability (physical or mental). We will also provide reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Retaliation against those who initiate discrimination complaints, serve as witnesses or participate in the EEO process, or otherwise oppose discrimination and harassment is strictly prohibited.

These protections and principles guide all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, training and access to career-development programs. Commerce managers and supervisors are responsible for preventing, documenting, and promptly correcting harassing conduct in the workplace. Managers will be held accountable if they fail to prevent, document or promptly correct harassing conduct in the workplace.

We seek to resolve workplace conflicts in a prompt, impartial, confidential, nondiscriminatory, and constructive manner, without fear of reprisal. You are encouraged to use the Alternative Dispute Resolution Program as a valuable tool in resolving EEO disputes. All Commerce employees who believe they have been subject to or have knowledge of discriminatory or harassing behavior are encouraged to report the behavior to a supervisor, servicing human resources office or EEO office. For avenues to address other workplace issues, please see: http://osec.doc.gov/ocr/CivilRights/Publications/WorkIssues.pdf.

Mutual respect for all and adherence to the principles and laws of equal employment opportunity are not only bedrock principles of our country, but they also undergird the success of American business and good government. We expect all Commerce staff, supervisors and employees alike to carry out their responsibilities and adhere to the principles of this policy.

For a signed copy of the 2017 Secretarial Policy Statement on EEO, please visit the Office of Civil Rights website here.

WILBUR L. ROSS, JR.
Secretary

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Did Obama once ever comment on his approval rating?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

I gotta give him some credit for changing his tone, even if it is too little, too late.

He shat his pants so he would get drafted into Nam and get a booboo.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

pacerhimself posted:

Did Obama once ever comment on his approval rating?

Probably not.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He probably got asked about it in a presser once or twice.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

update, after the prior statement left off sexual orientation and gender identity:

"drat, they noticed"

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

fsif posted:

Even if that approval rating was accurate why on earth is he smugly clapping for such a mediocre score!?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

mcmagic posted:

They can't do anything other than what they are doing or else their base (who is the same base as Trump has) will abandon them in 18.

It's insane. I remember when Republicans were supposedly going to totally reinvent themselves. They were going to start appealing to minorities because the white vote could only be stretched so far. They've regressed so much since then. Bush got 44% of the Latino vote in 2004. Trump got 28%.

And they're continuing to get more insular by the day by focusing completely on their base. There are no significant efforts to reach out. There aren't even any token ones. The USS Gerrymander is headed straight into a multicultural iceberg, and they're burning all the life rafts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jesus god, that's almost everyone who isn't saying Approve saying 'Disapprove'. No-one doesn't have an opinion anymore.

• Locked thread