Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Veritek83 posted:

just bought this, installed and made it to top 10 on my first match, killing only one dude and trying on every pair of pants I found

what are the best pants to wear?

Uh... khakis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
That's the biggest problem I have with this game. I want to wear a ridiculous purple jacket or the awful beige one but it feels like I'd be putting myself at a disadvantage by making myself more noticeable.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

PantsBandit posted:

So sometimes I'll get shot and show no damage to any of my armor. Is it actually modeled so that if you catch bullets with your vest it does less damage but elsewhere (legs or arms for example) you don't get the protection?

Yeah there's been times that I've lit someone up and their armor was at 100% when I looted them.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CascadeBeta posted:

That's the biggest problem I have with this game. I want to wear a ridiculous purple jacket or the awful beige one but it feels like I'd be putting myself at a disadvantage by making myself more noticeable.

Better to die lookin fly than win with fashion sin.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer

Chomp8645 posted:

Better to die lookin fly than win with fashion sin.

My squad's rule is whoever finds the first edgelord trenchcoat gets to call the shots. Unless someone finds an edgelord trenchcoat with a hood in which case leadership passes to the crown.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Rex-Goliath posted:

Yeah there's been times that I've lit someone up and their armor was at 100% when I looted them.
Seems armor protection is simulated accurately in 3D space. If you find a frying pan, you actually want to equip it to cover your rear end. Literally.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
Bought the game, played a little. I-m very bad an my best ranking was 21, but killed some guys so it's fun.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

DiggityDoink posted:

I'm really enjoying https://www.twitch.tv/joshog as another option for late night other than Grimmz. Solo matches are fun but Josh runs squad and duo more often and they seem to have way more action.

Also, Drdisrespect is loving terrible to watch, he's negative as gently caress when he loses, constantly blaming it on the game or something else. I'll watch Viss or anyone else during the day.

Please don't post scammers AND sully the name of the BACK TO BACK 93 94 Blockbuster Video Game Champion at the same time.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Rex-Goliath posted:

Turn down your mouse sensitivity

That's basically the best tip. I had my mouse dpi at something like 3500 because I was using the crazy high mouse default and I turned it down to under half that and it made a huge difference with, you know, aiming.

I know some of the stream boys have their dpi under 800 but I don't have a 75" mouse pad and wrists made of rubber.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
joshog bad drdisrespect bad

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Photex posted:

Please don't post scammers AND sully the name of the BACK TO BACK 93 94 Blockbuster Video Game Champion at the same time.

the feeling when people don't understand Drdisrespect is satire to the MAX

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

DiggityDoink posted:

Also, Drdisrespect is loving terrible to watch, he's negative as gently caress when he loses, constantly blaming it on the game or something else. I'll watch Viss or anyone else during the day.

Get out of this thread and never return.

VIOLENCE

SPEED

MOMENTUM

KoB
May 1, 2009

Photex posted:

Carebearz posted:

Get out of this thread and never return.

VIOLENCE

SPEED

MOMENTUM

Firm handshakes all around.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I checked the pubg directory on twitch earlier and some weak rear end blonde rosy red cheek punk kid was doing a terrible drdisrespect knock off.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Sorry, dude, but that is glorious.

It is!

I'm definitely better now though. Maybe the right/left mix-up was a good training. Maybe a proxy for custom servers, eh?

Anyway, I just played a game where I ran from the hospital to the western military zone bridge, all outside of the circle. 2/3s of the way outside the first circle, 1/3 outside the second. Turns out with 2 first aid kits, some bandages and painkillers you can run a long way. I wasn't the only one caught off-guard by the circle, I think 15-20 people died to circle in that game.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I checked the pubg directory on twitch earlier and some weak rear end blonde rosy red cheek punk kid was doing a terrible drdisrespect knock off.

Jesus christ I just checked and what even is this he's trying to do.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Pleads posted:

Jesus christ I just checked and what even is this he's trying to do.

so, netiher of you buck toothed babies are gonna :justpost: this guys name?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Combat Pretzel posted:

Seems armor protection is simulated accurately in 3D space. If you find a frying pan, you actually want to equip it to cover your rear end. Literally.

if you're holding the frying pan and running, the animation means that it can block headshots coming from your right

secret tech

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Carebearz posted:

so, netiher of you buck toothed babies are gonna :justpost: this guys name?

It was Ninja wearing a blonde wig and Hitman Hart shades talking with a lisp.

KoB
May 1, 2009
please do not speak ill of Mr Respect.

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

PleasingFungus posted:

if you're holding the frying pan and running, the animation means that it can block headshots coming from your right

secret tech

go prone. BLOW YOUR MINDDDDDD

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Is shots bouncing off pans real or is it another berry joke?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Nevvy Z posted:

It is real.

nmagness
Sep 16, 2013

Try it out for yourself. What's wrong McFly you chicken?

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

nmagness posted:

Try it out for yourself. What's wrong McFly you chicken?

:golfclap: Good reference.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Nevvy Z posted:

see for yourself

Seriously 2.0
May 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
My proudest chicken dinner was being in a duel with some lvl 3 vest-helmet combo toting badass, he even had a lmg. I had lvl 1 helmet, a police vest and the basic scar. I managed to get close to him and unload a clip into his dick.

The very next match I dropped into the school & found pants, another dude found an ump and shortly after, me. GOTY

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pleads posted:

It was Ninja wearing a blonde wig and Hitman Hart shades talking with a lisp.

loving lol ninja making fun of dr dumbass is the best

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

CascadeBeta posted:

I wear bright white clothing and people routinely walk right past me or in the case of tall grass, right over me. Wear what ya like.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Dull purple/pink is actually a widely effective camo color. It's just rarely the MOST effective in any particular situation/environment. Unless all those camo chats in the War Thunder thread steered me wrong.

Don't forget to go full nude and dump your backpack for those sweet final circle prone fights in wheat fields.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Got my first kill by shooting someone as they were parachuting. I kinda feel bad about it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

PunkBoy posted:

Got my first kill by shooting someone as they were parachuting. I kinda feel bad about it.

They are the ones who should feel bad, for being in the air so long.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Doorknob Slobber posted:

loving lol ninja making fun of dr dumbass is the best

Considering they play duos together a lot I figure it's good natured

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Nevvy Z posted:

If you don't scream out a high-pitched WOO every time you get shot in the rear end when wearing a pan you're playing the game wrong and should uninstall

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

just lol if you don't play as a black woman with no clothes

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
LMAO when people get mad at joshOG, he is pretty fun to watch. Get over skin gambling nerds.

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
If I wanted to see a lovely heel, I would watch later seasons of WWE. Dr Disrespect is loving terrible and unfunny.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Captain Gordon posted:

If I wanted to see a lovely heel, I would watch later seasons of WWE. Dr Disrespect is loving terrible and unfunny.

dont sign ur posts

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Eclipse12 posted:

Thank you for posting a video. Seems like a good use for the thread.

I'm not good at the game, and I make clips to prove it! But sometimes I have good moments.

https://youtu.be/jIovLWgRJlw

I love this game. It's fun. Play games that make you happy. :)

Is it just the video or is your FPS really that bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Anyone know if this game will support hdr? Been thinking about getting an hdr monitor later this year but games have to support it. I know the latest version of unreal does support it.

If any game would be made better with hdr it would be this one. People should be easier to see due to contrast and colour changes in hdr.

• Locked thread