Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Man I dont want to go into my Windy Day Ticket Account Fund.
But Im gonna have to. Damnation. But these mooks arent touching the Lapis Account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Mischalaniouse posted:

Wait, why'd you keep rolling if you got Tilith?

Just was hoping to get another bonus unit.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Mischalaniouse posted:

Wait, why'd you keep rolling if you got Tilith?
Some of us feel lucky after pulling Tilith. Sometimes, that lucky feeling is rewarded.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
RAID COINS:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
That's it? 3 levels, the last I can almost auto-attack through?

This is going to be a boring week.

Also, daily + 3 tickets was Edgar, Gau, Cyan and Gau. The ole FFVI screwjob. I'm done, Gumi.

BDawg fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 16, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Sorry, those were probably supposed to be my pulls...

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
The only base 5* I've pulled have been Noctis and two Emperors. Other rainbows were Chizuru and Kuja. I'm pretty much the best if you ever need someone to pull a unit that's not useful at all. Proof? I made pulls today to try to get banner bonus units:

This is what I got:

Daily - Clyne
Ticket #1 - Xiao
Ticket #2 - Cyan
Ticket #3 - Edge
Ticket #4 - Krile

Like, who else but me would have a stretch of pulls that bad? I think it's best to not try to pull. Ever. Don't pull.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Lol three pulls, two tilliths. I assume there's never a situation where I'd need two in the same team?

I mean, aside from the farming bonus

new kind of cat fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Jun 16, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Guy, Xiao, and Shantotto

gently caress this.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
All right, Daily pull!... Blue crystal... Penelo

Sigh ok, let's try a ticket!... Blue crystal... Penelo

Why do I bother :(

And knowing my luck, when they give us the free 10+1 pull, I'm going to my 3rd 5* base ever after playing for an entire year, another Delita.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Took me 10 tickets before I pulled Karl, going to stop there and save for FFX.

Outside of Cecil and Miyuki putting me 5% closer to the second version of their weapons, overall it was a pretty yucky set of pulls.

I may skip dailies since these units are all base 4*, get 10000 lapis for one pull of FFX and one pull of the guaranteed 5*

Armitage fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jun 16, 2017

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Did my half pull and 10 ticket pulls and got a bunch of troll yellows (xon, sohze, Rosa, agrias, 2 karls!) shadowned and Bediled .

Thought "What the hell, I'll use my 4* guaranteed ticket"

:stare: well, that's nice, but I still want Titlith...

Next pull

Sorry guys. At least I didn't pull Vargas?

(RIP my chances at Rikku)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I lucked out and got Elza with a ticket. Should I keep trying for Vargas or is he not worth it? I already have Tilith.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

did about 35 draws on gunmaid and chemist banner, didnt get a single on banner gold once, ever.
Threw 15 tickets at this banner, didnt get a single on gold banner once, ever
desperate to have SOMETHING to level up, i threw a 10+1 at this banner:

60 draws and the only on-banner gold I got is Karl. only tickets left are the base 4* ones and every single event one i havent gotten yet.
with this luck, im going to be screwed when rikku shows up.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tengames posted:

did about 35 draws on gunmaid and chemist banner, didnt get a single on banner gold once, ever.
Threw 15 tickets at this banner, didnt get a single on gold banner once, ever
desperate to have SOMETHING to level up, i threw a 10+1 at this banner:

60 draws and the only on-banner gold I got is Karl. only tickets left are the base 4* ones and every single event one i havent gotten yet.
with this luck, im going to be screwed when rikku shows up.

Sorry guys, I stole all the luck. 3 10+1's and 30ish tickets fishing for the fashion disaster, and I finally got one in my last pull, but along the way the RNG tried to placate me with Emperor, Elza, AND Vargas.

dewer
Sep 2, 2011
If anybody needs yet another maxwell my friend code is 000 144 467.

Bubba Fuzz
May 3, 2009

Did the 1/2 price and threw half a dozen tickets or so at the banner. Bunch of garbage units and one gold crystal...it was Seven. Fuckin' Type-0 units...

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
2 tickets to get my first Tilith. 5 more tickets because I'm an idiot (and I wanted more of a bonus b/c Firion can solo ELT easily), and I can't believe we have a banner with no 3* units. This is cruel to anyone who started after Maxwell.

E: Sweet christ, 25 NRG for 384 Crimson Ore before bonus. Just 25k-35k for one of the new accessories! Of which there are 3.

Captaindirtnap fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jun 16, 2017

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Tilith chasing:

Daily - Penelo

Tickets - Penelo, Krile, Penelo, Bedile, Cyan, Seria, Cinque, Hayate, Firion, Zyrus, CoD, Vivi, Hope, Penelo, Sice, Vici, Vanille, Galuf, Shantoto, Maria

Aaaaand I'm out. Need to save 5k lapis for that 10+1 5* pull. :negative:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
12 tickets for my Tilith (and three other off-banner golds in the process).

Whatever, still effectively broke even this event, and now I can stop and begin praying for Rikku.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Christ the cost of these new exclusive accessories is ridiculous. 35k event currency for the evade accessory. I guess they figured that thing the bonus units are all higher than people would have an easier time to get the currency.

With Maxwell, Seria, Karl, Tilith and a friend Maxwell I'm getting about 2k currency a run. Can a pimped out Maxwell carry the whole thing alone? I'm considering rolling for a 5th unit if he can.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Half-priced into Vargas.

687,257,447 for anyone that doesn't have me added yet, plenty of room.

And how good is Vargas, anyways?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Managed a Tilith and a 5*. Of course it was another Trance Terra. Oh well, at least I got Tilith. What's the trick for building her? Just tank her up because her stuff is just hosed up and doesn't need the stats?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

Christ the cost of these new exclusive accessories is ridiculous. 35k event currency for the evade accessory. I guess they figured that thing the bonus units are all higher than people would have an easier time to get the currency.

With Maxwell, Seria, Karl, Tilith and a friend Maxwell I'm getting about 2k currency a run. Can a pimped out Maxwell carry the whole thing alone? I'm considering rolling for a 5th unit if he can.

With a dual wield 600 ATK+ Maxwel, she can carry. Use Genesis to one shot rounds one and two (and any metal gods). Then use Destiny on Vargas in two turns. If you need a third turn, you probably gonna die.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
15 tickets, no single Brave Frontier unit, but rainbow #5 - Dark Fina! I guess that's good?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Well, at least the event's not super hard. I'm assuming the Trial is cheesable in some way (and that we'll be getting it)? I certainly wouldn't mind a Maxwell to help move this along.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Jesus. I don't know if it's just me, but Metal God rates are insane.

First run I had 1, second run had 2 and third run had a triple Metal God. Two runs later I see 2 more.
After using 360 energy I had 96K of the event currency. Was able to buy the 3 new pieces of equipment from the Mog King in one go.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

10 tickets, nothing but Karl and Gaff #3 . . . You win gumi, you win.

Go buy a lottery ticket, I didn't see a a single one in 5 runs

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
One ticket, got a Tillith. Is it worth it to put her up over a pretty good Olive, or are all the Maxwells out there enough?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
Thank you very much everyone from a few pages back that sent me their cool units to help me get that Whitebrim! It still took me two tries since my party is awful but I got it finally :)

Spent four tickets today: Gold Crystal which mysteriously turned Rainbow = Fohlen. Another rainbow crystal = Fohlen again, then Seria Twice. I really wanted to pull Fohlen, and now I have two + two dudes that get bonuses from the event.

My luck seems to be pretty limited to single pulls though. Spent 5000 Lapis on 11 pulls and I got Fran, Panelo, Sabin, Shadow twice, and a bunch of others I forget. Nothing really spectacular for like 40 bucks of Lapis. Not doing that again!

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Do any of the maneater abilities stack- I know the materia doesn't stack with itself, but what about innate or via esper? I'm trying to build the strongest Maxwell I can to help carry people, and right now I'm at 697 with Odin and the man-eater materia equipped. I could swap to Diablos if the esper one stacks, or drop the materia for an attack +30% instead if it doesn't.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Do any of the maneater abilities stack- I know the materia doesn't stack with itself, but what about innate or via esper? I'm trying to build the strongest Maxwell I can to help carry people, and right now I'm at 697 with Odin and the man-eater materia equipped. I could swap to Diablos if the esper one stacks, or drop the materia for an attack +30% instead if it doesn't.

Esper granted killers do stack with materia killers. So Diablos and a maneater materia do stack. They also stack with a unit that has an innate killer like Firion.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Office Thug posted:

Thank you very much everyone from a few pages back that sent me their cool units to help me get that Whitebrim! It still took me two tries since my party is awful but I got it finally :)

Spent four tickets today: Gold Crystal which mysteriously turned Rainbow = Fohlen. Another rainbow crystal = Fohlen again, then Seria Twice. I really wanted to pull Fohlen, and now I have two + two dudes that get bonuses from the event.

My luck seems to be pretty limited to single pulls though. Spent 5000 Lapis on 11 pulls and I got Fran, Panelo, Sabin, Shadow twice, and a bunch of others I forget. Nothing really spectacular for like 40 bucks of Lapis. Not doing that again!

Pulling 2 of the same rainbow, especially a guy that chains is awesome.

Cartoon Man posted:

Esper granted killers do stack with materia killers. So Diablos and a maneater materia do stack. They also stack with a unit that has an innate killer like Firion.

Also the 'killer' effect from other materia stack like Poach can stack on itself, and Aquan/Dragon killer can both stack onto Syldra's Protection. They made this easier to tell by making other copies unequippable, so if you can equip both things: then they stack.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So are we expecting the Maxwell trial next week, or do we not know?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

So are we expecting the Maxwell trial next week, or do we not know?

Yes it's confirmed. You can't get a second Maxwell, it's the same fight as last time. Instead they've added a higher ELT difficulty for the whales that has ticket and moogle rewards, etc.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
pulled a gau

didn't even know that was a unit lol

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I got two more Tickets from the moogle king: Zidane and Cloud of Darkness. Zidane has Dual Wield as a Trust Master thing so I guess I should get around to automating Trust farming now, wince I assume that's something I should try to get asap?

And Cloud of Darkness, I have no idea what this unit is about but it looks super cool and I see it suggested all over the place so I'll definitely use it!

Edit: How do you guys manage to not instantly run out of Energy? I get 67 max at rank 27, and was able to semi-comfortably play the game regularly since I could run Raids along with questlines from "The Gathering" to rank up pretty much just as I ran out of energy, but now I just do like 4 things and I'm totally dry.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 16, 2017

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

So I spent money. Did the $12 bundle and the $1 ticket and things.

Used the 4* ticket to try to get Telltih... annnnnnnnnnnnnd Leon.

gently caress you Leon

Edit: And for those of you on my friends list, my shared Freyvia can solo the event so load up on 5 bonus units and use her to murder death kill all the things

Double Edit

Penelo is now known as Pendejo.

Langolas fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 16, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Got enough to get some tickets from King Mog, managed a Karl, so now I have two bonus units! :toot:

And Leon's good, his TM is really useful for dual-wielders, from my understanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Office Thug posted:

I got two more Tickets from the moogle king: Zidane and Cloud of Darkness. Zidane has Dual Wield as a Trust Master thing so I guess I should get around to automating Trust farming now, wince I assume that's something I should try to get asap?

And Cloud of Darkness, I have no idea what this unit is about but it looks super cool and I see it suggested all over the place so I'll definitely use it!

Edit: How do you guys manage to not instantly run out of Energy? I get 67 max at rank 27, and was able to semi-comfortably play the game regularly since I could run Raids along with questlines from "The Gathering" to rank up pretty much just as I ran out of energy, but now I just do like 4 things and I'm totally dry.

Cloud of Darkness is a good starter unit that can carry you through most (if not all) of the story content with ease once you get her maxed out. Unfortunately she is overshadowed by other better units for end game content and trials. That said, when properly geared, she can be quite beneficial. It's just that most of us have been playing long and have pulled better units.

Her best gear is to dual wield (from your new Zidane) the rising sun throwing weapon that Locke has as a TM. Then gear for as much ATK as you can.

• Locked thread