Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
New body Corrine won by a large margin, so here's the three I'm showing for vote

First to....what, 30? Maybe that's too high. http://www.strawpoll.me/13205378

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Tae posted:

New body Corrine won by a large margin, so here's the three I'm showing for vote

Purple hair's expression screams "I am so goddamned tired of this poo poo" and is therefore the best choice for a plot of Fates' quality.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Purple hair's expression screams "I am so goddamned tired of this poo poo" and is therefore the best choice for a plot of Fates' quality.

agreed

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

I'm voting for purple because I was carried through Conquest by a Corrin with that same hair+color style.

But in my heart, I'm still rooting for firey red.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
I voted purple because "disappointed" is the best fit for Revelations.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I'd vote for purple's expression but I don't like the nose bandage (what trope is this anyway..?), so red hair it is.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jun 16, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Avalerion posted:

I'd vote for purple's expression but I don't like the nose bandage (what trope is this anyway..?), so red hair it is.

Same.

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

Avalerion posted:

but I don't like the nose bandage (what trope is this anyway..?)

Tomboy who gets into lots of fistfights.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Avalerion posted:

I don't like the nose bandage (what trope is this anyway..?)

Pointless Band-Aid.

Aesclepia
Dec 5, 2013
Next verse same as the first.

Avalerion posted:

Anime boxing? Nose bandaids but no missing teeth or traumatic brain injury?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Tae posted:

First to....what, 30? Maybe that's too high.

Since the leading option is currently more than twice that, I doubt that it was too high.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
They're breathing strips, you goofuses

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
No, it's one of those pore cleanser strips.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Arent those all hairstyles from awakening
Way to low effort it intsys.

Im voting for Vaike hair, anyways.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It is finally time for a Revelation.

Yes, they actually expect you to play both sides. Birthright for why Azura disappeared, and Conquest for what the hell is up with goo monsters.

Pretty appropriate at this point.

Also I got a new Corrine.

I won't fight against the people of Nohr after you cared for me all these years. You and Camilla, Leo and Elise... We might not be related by blood, but you are family to me. You've been with me for as long as I can remember.
Well said, little princess. What ties us together is thicker than blood.
What are you saying, Corrine? You would discard your true family and side with those who stand against us?

Oh boy, if you thought Conquest's Corrine was hesitant on Hoshido....

Ryoma...we might not have spent much time together, but you are my family too. You, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura... I don't want to fight with you on this or any other battlefield.
We feel the same, Corrine.
...But I can't side with either of you against the other. I cannot betray any of my family.
Corrine, what are you...
...going to do, then?

That's adorable, they're finishing each other's sentences.

I'm so sorry, both of you. Please, set your swords aside! I'm sure a peaceful solution exists. If we could just—

Wow, Xander immediately goes nuts at the first sign that she gives any slight favor to Ryoma.

Corrine, I can see what you're trying to accomplish here.
As your older brother, however, it is my duty to teach you the truth...

And Ryoma concludes that Corrine will join Hoshido, though that's consistent with even Conquest Ryo that he protects her to the very end, unlike Xander.

Corrine is finally back with her family—I will not let you take her again!
No, wait! Xander! Ryoma!

It seems only right to cross swords with my opposing equal. As the heirs of our respective families, why don't we settle this here and now?
Prepare yourself, then. I will defeat you in defense of my kingdom and my sister!
Please, both of you, stop! We can still talk this out inste—!

Gah, it's no use! They just won't listen to me...
I'll have to step in if I want to stop them!

Ironically, this is the one time where Ryoma and Xander are nowhere close to actually fighting each other.

There's cutscene/battle disconnect and then there's consistent disconnect.

I have an idea... Why don't we attack the groups closest to us? If we defeat the leaders, Ryoma and Xander can't possibly ignore us.

Oh yeah, Azura was there the entire time. Nobody mentioned about her as well, and both previous routes ignore her more than they should for someone that was in the same situation as Corrine.

*Jakob comes running*

I'm here to help you, milady.
Jakob?! What are you doing here?!
I've been trying to find you ever since we got separated at the Bottomless Canyon.
It took me a while, but now that I'm here, I'll support you.
Thank you! We're grateful to have you!
I'm a bit unclear as to which army we are fighting, though. Everyone seems so fired up, and they aren't exactly looking at us with happy eyes...

Jakob leaves for one mission and the entire continent is on Corrine.

I've chosen not to side with either one.
B-both armies?! Lady Corrine, what have you gotten yourself into?
I suppose it matters not. Your enemies are my enemies. I shall assist you, whatever your intentions.

So the goal here is to kill both leaders of the groups. Honestly not that hard, because Revelation's units are more of the Birthright style where it's just stats and skills are a rare thing. Hell, Azura can take a hit at this point.

It's seriously refreshing for Corrine to just solo the map again.

What? Corrine has defeated my forward commander?
We can't afford to be caught between her forces and the Hoshidans...
Stop the assault! All units, await my command!

Defeating the leaders will prevent the rest of the sides' units from attacking.

And yes, Corrine's "force" of herself, a Singer, and Butler is too much for Xander.

Keep in mind that the Nohrian army was waiting right aside Hoshido as the city exploded.

Corrine Vs. Ryoma

Corrine... Are you sure you won't return with us to Hoshido? You risk getting yourself killed by taking this neutral position!
That could very well be true... But I've made my choice—there's no turning back now!
I won't give up on you, Corrine!
If it means I have to drag you back, kicking and screaming, then so be it!
Ryoma!

Corrine vs. Takumi

Hmph... I knew there was something not quite right about you. From the moment we met, I suspected you couldn't be trusted.
Takumi...
Ryoma and the others were fools. Trusting someone connected to Nohr is only going to lead to heartbreak. I'm different from them, though. They still think you can turn back.
I have no problem taking you out—right here, right now.

Corrine vs. Takumi

This can't be true! Are you sure you won't return with us? This is all a ruse, right? We're family. You can't turn your back on your family!
I know... But that's exactly why I can't side with you either, sister.
Corrine!

Corrine vs. Sakura

Sister! D-did you come to fight me? What did we do to you to make you so upset with us?!
I'm so sorry, Sakura... You did nothing wrong. I just need you to let me follow the path I've chosen.
No, there must be another way! Corrine!

Corrine vs. Xander

So, it's come to this... I will still forgive you if you repent now and return with us to Nohr.
No... I can't. I've made my decision. I will not side with anyone.
I see... Then you leave me no choice but to take you back by force.
Xander!

Corrine vs. Leo

Geesh... What are you doing, Sister? There's still time to change your mind. I'll help smooth this over with Father. Please, return to us.
Leo... I'm so sorry, I...I've made up my mind. I can't go back.
I can't believe you're this cruel.

Corrine vs. Camilla

Ah, Corrine... Why won't you come home with us? This is all some big misunderstanding. You wouldn't do this to me, would you?
I'm sorry, Camilla... I...I can't change course now...
Corrine, can't you see how much it hurts me for you to behave this way?

Corrine vs. Elise

I hate this, Sister! I hate everything about this! Why do we have to fight each other?
I'm so sorry, Elise... I don't want to fight you either... I can't see any other way!
I don't believe you!

Far less strenuous than having the dance of royals having to defeat each other for the other routes.

I think we got them to stop fighting...
...Tch. Why, Corrine? Why would you turn on us this way? Even if we aren't blood related, don't you feel any loyalty at all?
Xander! I just want you to listen to what I'm saying!

"Just listen to me!"

"No." x100

Have you lost all sense of justice?
You don't understand, Ryoma! I haven't betrayed you!
I...always thought of you as a sister... ...drat it all.

From this moment forth, she is our enemy and should be captured on sight!

So...how is that different than before?

Why won't you listen to me?!
Corrine... Even now, I still remember the agony I felt the day you were kidnapped. I know we can't get back the time we lost... But... I still hoped that someday we would be reunited as a family...

...Tell everyone. Corrine is truly lost to us! If she insists on becoming our enemy, then all we can do is fight her!

I'm glad we haven't missed a beat since the ending of Conquest in frustration.

Ryoma! I...
Wait, Corrine. Nothing you can say will reach either of them. We need to retreat for now. We can't afford to be caught.
Xander...Ryoma... I promise you'll understand one day.

And then they just let them run away.

We can't leave things are they are now—we'll be branded as traitors by both kingdoms.
Listen to me. You'll lose everything if you don't choose a side. It's either Hoshido or Nohr.

"I already chose it, but let me explain again."

But...how?

Very, very stubbornly.

I have family in Hoshido. I also have family in Nohr. Even if I were to lose everything... Even if all of them despise me... I can't choose to side with one against the other. I simply can't do that.

Corrin and Corrine are at their core super-martyrs. That will never change.

I see... You have to be willing to risk a lot to accomplish something major... I suppose you're right.
...My own mother lost her life protecting Nohr. But I don't think she regretted her choice. She died to protect the ones she loved.

Literally have never heard about this before until now.

I've made up my mind as well. I will follow you down the path you've chosen.
Azura... Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpoAmu5-Ix0

Major difference in Revelation is that you have access to both stores and armories, and you start off with two of each food and ore deposits.

Tae fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jun 17, 2017

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow. Way to make that seem like the dumbest thing possible to do.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

kill both monarchies, install communism now

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

kill both monarchies, install communism now

Yeah!

Why half-rear end the genocides? Let's have everybody die of starvation.

They all deserve it.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

But what if we just...walked away?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

So begins the Mary Sue campaign.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Who do you side with?
I choose to SMASH!
...what.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Undecided voters are the worst

PassingPie
Aug 18, 2013
Oh good, her plan to stop the two armies from warring is to convince both of them to kill her instead.

I like where this is going.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Wow, Xander and Ryoma are major drama queens.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Azura is consistent, at least. Her plans work out less often than Iago's do. And here she refuses to acknowledge that attacking their underlings was what made both crown princes turn on Corrine.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

PassingPie posted:

Oh good, her plan to stop the two armies from warring is to convince both of them to kill her instead.

I like where this is going.
It gets stupider.

Just wait :allears:

raisamike3
Oct 13, 2012

MightyPretenders posted:

Azura is consistent, at least. Her plans work out less often than Iago's do. And here she refuses to acknowledge that attacking their underlings was what made both crown princes turn on Corrine.

You've got a point. Why didn't Corrine just...leave. Like she was the center of the confilict right because both sides wanted her back. If she had just run when she had the chance the only difference would've been that Xander and Ryoma would've run after them to get her back. Which is exactly what happening now more or less.
Azura is the queen of bad plans.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Why can't she just go hang out in Izumo, grab a pint with Izana and wait for all of this to blow over.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

raisamike3 posted:

You've got a point. Why didn't Corrine just...leave. Like she was the center of the confilict right because both sides wanted her back. If she had just run when she had the chance the only difference would've been that Xander and Ryoma would've run after them to get her back. Which is exactly what happening now more or less.
Azura is the queen of bad plans.

Not entirely sure how this compares to The Chair, really... I mean, my first impulse was to say that it wasn't as bad, but on further thought this "plan" risks getting ALL the siblings killed, instead of just one set being basically guaranteed to die. At least this is only a spur-of-the-moment thing instead of premeditated genocide (because there's no way the Hoshido army would've just let you take their throne while they're still alive even if Hans and Iago didn't execute prisoners).

Can't wait to see what kind of asspull they use to get them to stop fighting (both each other and you)...

LEGO Genetics posted:

Why can't she just go hang out in Izumo, grab a pint with Izana and wait for all of this to blow over.

Simple: Because you've got bad guys to hunt down, and the writers refuse to let you not do it, no matter how stupid and contrived things get. Plus Garon would probably just hunt you down, because he's got a murderboner as big as the entire continent and literally no conscience, and he's already demonstrated that "neutral territory" means nothing to him in the other routes.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

but really, I'm so excited for this stupidity. And getting to actually understand the sure-to-be-moronic lore. :allears:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I know a lot of people have played Revelations before, but a lot of people also haven't. And I update every single day to try and curb that temptation. So please keep spoilers in check.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Corrin has lived their entire life sheltered away from most human contact, so much so that other than the two groups of royals, there are very few people they have met. During which they've formed positive bonds with the Nohrian royals, and then been warmly welcomed by the Hoshidan royals in the brief time they met them.

I don't think it's unreasonable for a sheltered, naive person to decide both that they don't want to fight either group of siblings, or want them fighting each other (which really, they would have probably done to at least some extent regardless of Corrin being present or not. Tempers were way too high). Is their spur of the moment plan not exactly a good one? Sure, but it's not like they have a lot of time to think through their options, and they don't have a lot of life experience to draw upon to think of something else. Not to say anything of the rest of Revelations, but this particular decision/plan has absolutely nothing on the idiocy of Conquest's Chair Plan or the reasoning behind going back to Nohr.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Arent those all hairstyles from awakening
Way to low effort it intsys.

Im voting for Vaike hair, anyways.

Really, the lack of actual character customization is the real lazy part of this.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the neutrality isn't really the dumb part of this opening, it's ryoma and xander instantly jumping to murder even though she's clearly helping neither of them. I mean, it's consistent with them both being dumbasses, but it just feels like an excuse to make Corrin the most put-upon person in the world

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbgWfgQBwKA
that said, this is a good video.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I was gonna say something about Odin being Ginti, then I realized Fates has no actual berserker-type characters so I dunno who else would fit better

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

This would work if we assume Ryoma and Xander are all opposite side of the battlefield and don't see everything that's going on - each just sees Corrine take on their army and conviniently misses her taking on the other army too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Azura does what

Nohr and Hoshido against us; we don't have many friends right now.
Hmm...it seems like we should lay low for a little bit.

Hey guys, remember MyCastle that Lilith opened up? Would be really useful to lay low there.

Then... I know a place where no one will find us. We should be safe there.
Really?
Yes. And once we get there, I have much to tell you.
Things I heard from my mother...and the truth about this world...

Why is the MyCastle dimension never mentioned but Lilith is canon to the story. What is the point.

Ah yes, Gunter who's...dead? in Birthright and forgotten once recruited in Conquest. Except for the last possible minute I guess.

You don't mean for us to hide out here, do you?
That's exactly what I mean. We'll jump into the canyon.

Killing ourselves would make it harder for them to catch us...

Honestly not the worst plan Azura has suggested, sadly

If we jump from here, we'll all die.
No one will ever find us, that's for sure—but we'll be ghosts!
Don't worry. You won't die if you jump. You have to trust me.
Azura... You'll tell us more of what you know after we jump into the canyon, right?
Yes, if that's what you wish.
Then we have no choice.

You're asking the person that just got declared enemy #1 by the two largest kingdoms in the continent.

Yes. Everything will be fine. I trust Azura.

All right. I'll be right behind you.
...If my mistress is going, then I'll need to find the courage.
I would give up my life if my lady commanded, after all. It should be an easy thing to follow her anywhere, even...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wiyh55dn4kI

So here's the problem I have with this. Let's say there's some Azura dimension where she has her own canon/non-canon hideaway.

Multiple times, we would've died from the billions of rock pieces sticking out unless this is some weird shape illusion.

And now the shot from the opening that kept showing up.

That was a heck of a jump, but nothing seems to be broken...
Thank goodness. I said you'd be all right, didn't I? Jakob, how do you feel?
I'm fine, of course. I'm relieved to see Lady Corrine is unhurt as well.
So... Where are we? This place looks like it's definitely seen better days...

Who??

Responsible? How?
... Follow me, both of you. If we linger here, we'll be spotted.

And now we're in a cave because for reasons.

As I was saying...

Oh, it's that name that keeps popping out by Dragon/Goo Garon.

There's another kingdom now?!

Before his arrival, this land was a peaceful one. All was well until Anankos killed our king and took the throne for himself.
Once bountiful farmlands were devastated, replaced by wastelands and graveyards.
He destroyed an entire kingdom?! For no reason at all?

NO REASON AT ALL

...Yes. And he isn't finished. He wishes to lay waste to the entire world. First Valla, then Nohr and Hoshido.

Subtle? I guess she hasn't seen that Garon's gone full blown open meeting with Anankos years later.

Also, funny how Azura is never mentioned by Anankos for at least troll purposes considering she IS the daugther of the kingdom he destroyed. Especially considering Conquest was basically "BUY REVELATIONS" all day.

That's horrible!
But...if it's true, then maybe we can stop this war by defeating Anankos! We need to get back up above and explain this to everyone! If we can get Nohr and Hoshido to work together with—
I'm sorry, but you can't. You mustn't talk about Valla to anyone when you're beyond its borders.

Her mother was who?? And you didn't mention this at all in Conquest when we were apparently in Valla?

WHAT IS THIS

What? Your mother was a queen in Valla, not Nohr? Then, that makes you...

The benefit of never mentioning Arete beyond "Oh she had the same hair as Azura" is apparently keeping all the world's secret until now.

On literally the first chapter after the route split.

No! And you were forced to flee?
Yes... But I wasn't able to tell anyone about this before. Because of that curse... Even if I wanted to talk, I couldn't. I was trapped—no matter how much I missed my parents. I had to keep it all bottled up inside... ...
Until now.
Azura...

Now that you've chosen this path, you'll know exactly what I've been feeling. No matter how much you want someone to understand what's happening... No matter how much you want to tell them the truth... You won't be able to tell them. You need to prepare yourself for that.

I'm getting flashbacks to Radiant Dawn and blood pacts here

I can't even express how painful it is to know the truth and not be able to say it.
...All right. I understand.

*A noise was heard*

...There are enemies approaching—a rather large number of enemies. Corrine, we'll need to deal with this threat before we can continue.
OK!

...LITERALLY THE FIRST CHAPTER OF REVELATION

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
The whole "Nobody can talk about Valla outside of Valla or they explode" is, IMO, the funniest part of Revelation's batshit insane "reveals".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

there's no reason why azura couldn't have just straight up told corrine all of this that time they're in valla in conquest but ok

e: ^ it's so contrived and dumb i can't even be bothered to be mad about it

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 17, 2017

• Locked thread