Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PriNGLeS posted:

can I still pre order and get early access now

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I hope so, I preordered yesterday and I'm still waiting for Amazon to give me my code.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

People are forming actual queues to get through an early Raubahn instance. This is the line on Zodiark.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

So is it actually broken or just congested? Do I just keep trying to get into the instance until it lets me in?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Not sure why anyone expected different of the first day of the expansion.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Kongming posted:

So is it actually broken or just congested? Do I just keep trying to get into the instance until it lets me in?

Just like dungeon instances, the instances these fights take place in are finite.

It's just congested.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Did a Feast, got 170k exp. Worse for the time spent than a frontline, but not a bad change of pace. Would probably be a blast queueing with friends and dunking on rando pubs.

Holy poo poo is PvP intense now though. Every action feels really weighty, you actually gotta think if you need to throw that Stone and help kill a dps or throw out a cure and save your pubs. Every GCD matters.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Blattdorf posted:

People are forming actual queues to get through an early Raubahn instance. This is the line on Zodiark.

lmao if you actually sit in a line, just spam it until its gone through.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Holyshoot posted:

There are posts on the OF of people complaining about 'line jumpers' and it's fantastic

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

yeah this, there's several servers per datacenter and several instances per server, there's no way to get everyone into a line, much less a single one.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Verranicus posted:

There are posts on the OF of people complaining about 'line jumpers' and it's fantastic

excellent. I'm just doing other poo poo while it sorts itself out. gently caress sitting there for hours hoping to win the lottery.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Seriously, just do other poo poo in the meantime or hammer the NPC. Chances are they'll need to reset servers to fix this issue eventually anyway.

:saddowns:

Verranicus fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 16, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
ofc goons would suggest to jump the line. Shameful

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Verranicus posted:

Please link this poo poo.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/328578-Half-my-dragoon-skills-deleted-%28?p=4202368&viewfull=1#post4202368

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I really like main menu Final Fantasy music. It sounds good as a march.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

SE raping all the jobs and by extension all the players, as is typical of the japanese

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Blattdorf posted:

Same on Odin at least in my instance, it's amazing. There are hundreds of people in the line, I've never seen anything like it.

For reference, this is how long it is on the map. Actually took a while to find the end.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Maybe I should be happy I'm at work during all this first-day congestion. Then again, I can't imagine there's going to be a ton of demand for 2.x and Heavensward MSQ instances, so by the time I get to Stormblood I should be fine. It'll just be the job quests that I have trouble with. (Unless all solo instances share the same limit? I actually have no idea how this works.)

:wtc:

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

What's looking like the fastest way to get the new classes to 60? Is it pvp/fates instead of potd?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
People tried the whole line thing at launch too, I remember.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm looking forward to zooming around spamming instant attacks as brd again, but i think i'll wait a week to avoid the congestion.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm looking forward to zooming around spamming instant attacks as brd again, but i think i'll wait a week to avoid the congestion.

You can play plenty of the game fine right now, you don't have to wait

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Xyven posted:

What's looking like the fastest way to get the new classes to 60? Is it pvp/fates instead of potd?

it's literally anything except fates, probably. 10 fates is the same exp as 1 frontline... 1 frontline takes 15 minutes at most. :thunk:

don't forget your beastmen dailies

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Scholar has a mana burn in PvP

My experience with 3 years of TBC and Wrath PvP tells me that's gonna be busted as poo poo and won't last long. Guess we'll see, though.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

pray return to the waking sands :getin:

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

The chrome addon that changes SJW to "skeleton" really enhances this thread.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm gonna finish the hildi and scholasticate quests before i start sb content i think.

Maybe ill try to fanagle up some people who arent getting sb till launch to try and finish the non msq dungeons that came out since hw.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Xyven posted:

Bot fates.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This is shameful, they should be saying that about goons disrupting their ERP sessions. We're bad at trolling in this game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Holy poo poo, what the game does with a g13 keypad now :allears:

Flashes red when you aggro something.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I`m going to powerlevel my botanist first like last time, probably. You can make stupidly large amounts of gil selling the quest turn-in items to lazy people

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Oh and tip, you can hold X on the pc (dunno on ps4) to hide player names. If you bound x to something else its listed as filter target under system. Lets you see NPCs that everyone is crowdinw around.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Jimmy Hats posted:

I`m going to powerlevel my botanist first like last time, probably. You can make stupidly large amounts of gil selling the quest turn-in items to lazy people

Oh poo poo I'm in the same position but for Miner. First time ever I'm actually in a position to make dumb amounts of money.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Jimmy Hats posted:

ofc goons would suggest to jump the line. Shameful

lol n o way in hell I'm waiting around in some real virtual line for an instance. Thankfully I'm at work so maybe things will be less hosed by the time I get home.

Sio
Jan 20, 2007

better red than dead

WhiteHowler posted:

In Foundation or Idyllshire or... where?

Foundation (well, The Pillars), at the line of merchants near the market board.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Has anyone done a controller setup for their RDM? It feels like it should be super-easy to do what with having three discrete sets of moves and procs (melee, white, black) but I've never tried a controller.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The Line, on Excalibur

Sure was smart putting such a long instanced duty so early in the storyline :v:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
lol if you're actually standing in line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
When i first looked at that screenshot in the timg I though it was the bridge area on the western side of the South Shroud and the line had spanned both areas.