Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the best thing about the tax collector is he asks you three questions. two are about exploits and the other one is something like "have you ever just walked into a house and taken everything that wasn't nailed down?" and if you answer "Yes" to that one, he just lets you go instead of taking all your money because, hell, everybody does it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

at launch there was an exploit where you could slaughter infinitely respawning cows in White Orchard for their hides and make infinite money. when they addressed it in a patch , the notes just said "Added Bovine Defense Force Initiative" and now a massive overleveled Chort shows up and murders you if you kill too many cows. Also in one of the expansions if you're holding too much money a tax collector shows up and accuses you of "engaging in illegal rawhide trade in the white orchard reigon" or something lol

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Oxenfurt Tax Collector, Wandering into a Bethesda Game: Sir, you're under arrest for stealing everyone's weeds, crushing them up, and wandering around the continent selling 16,000 Septims worth of weedwater, and also for having some kind of a hosed up fishface.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

i never found it but lol i looked it up and they even added a Gwent card in one of the expansions of a cow that dies and summons a chort. thank u CDProjekt

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Also....... 🤔🤔

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/872840969795899394

I hope I can be an honorable enough gamer not to look. But temptation is strong

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

at launch there was an exploit where you could slaughter infinitely respawning cows in White Orchard for their hides and make infinite money. when they addressed it in a patch , the notes just said "Added Bovine Defense Force Initiative" and now a massive overleveled Chort shows up and murders you if you kill too many cows. Also in one of the expansions if you're holding too much money a tax collector shows up and accuses you of "engaging in illegal rawhide trade in the white orchard reigon" or something lol

Lol. Also congrats on the cake

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lol. Also congrats on the cake

cake?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I don't think there was ever a point where I felt rich. I was close in the vanilla game but eventually with the expansions between runes, master crafting, and the house, I was pretty quickly broke once again.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

I don't think there was ever a point where I felt rich. I was close in the vanilla game but eventually with the expansions between runes, master crafting, and the house, I was pretty quickly broke once again.

I spent all my money on real estate, grandmaster witcher clothes, and potions of clearance so that I would literally never have to choose a play style and could completely rebuild Geralt on a whim.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

There's nothing better than walking into a giant 30+ bandit camp in B&W, running around alerting all of them, kiting them neatly into a tight group and then exploding them with a freezing aard into a confetti of body parts. Butcher of Blaviken is real. The cherry on top is your PC crashing from calculating all those intestine physics so that you can reload the game and do it again.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

goferchan posted:

Also....... 🤔🤔

https://twitter.com/CDPROJEKTRED/status/872840969795899394

I hope I can be an honorable enough gamer not to look. But temptation is strong

I'm near certain this is an ARG.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I'm near certain this is an ARG.

It's actually probably just the idiot hackers who tried to do the same thing to Netflix and Disney over Orange is the New Black and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

after their abject failure and humiliation in those two scenarios, maybe they figured "well, these guys will surrender, they're in poland!" apparently having never looked at history.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
You better pay us or we'll... spoil the upcoming season of Orange is the New Black ohhhhhhh noooo lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

You better pay us or we'll... spoil the upcoming season of Orange is the New Black ohhhhhhh noooo lol

they literally call themseles "thedarkoverlord" but maybe it wasn't them because they seem to be focused on Steve Harvey's Funderdome and some local Doctor's offices in Colorado

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ransoming design documents for a video game is pretty cyberpunk

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

Ransoming design documents for a video game is pretty cyberpunk

Haha

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Witcher 3 is getting PS4 Pro and Xbox One X updates :rms: want to see how awesome Toussaint will look

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Witcher 3 is getting PS4 Pro and Xbox One X updates :rms: want to see how awesome Toussaint will look

Time to get into my NG+ file

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i got w3 when it was on sale a few weeks ago and this is the first single player game that i've put any amount of time in in a while

bethesda must be making GBS threads their pants about cyberpunk vs their freshly updated six year old game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It grinds my gears that Bethesda sets the western RPG standard when Witcher 3 exists

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it still amazes me to think about the first witcher (which i enjoyed) and how much cdpr managed to achieve just 2 games later

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

my favourite thing about this is that he's the most reliable dropper of red mutagens or whatever in the game so I used him to grind them early and he kept running off to murder everyone in white orchard

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I got this game recently. What are a few essential tips for a noob who hasn't played more then a few hours of the first game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

put it on the highest difficulty, youve got to pay attention to the systems and its way more fun. otherwise th game does a pretty good job of explaining itself

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

put it on the highest difficulty, youve got to pay attention to the systems and its way more fun. otherwise th game does a pretty good job of explaining itself

this and save often. this games awesome, enjoy

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I got this game recently. What are a few essential tips for a noob who hasn't played more then a few hours of the first game

Hmm. I think the fighting is really intuitive, much better than the first and second game. I would suggest you put experience points into the quick sword stuff and then into signs/potions depending on which you use more. I used Quen a lot which is a magic shield so maybe go with that. Definitely get the skill where eating food is more effective (forget what it's called), it's very helpful. Also I wouldn't purchase armor/weapons, think you'll find good stuff for free.

Don't feel like you need to tackle every icon on the map, they're all pretty similar.

Fungah! posted:

Disagreed, normal is fine.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Witcher 3 handles sidequests a lot differently than most RPGs, because they're not really good for experience/leveling but they're well-written and entertaining. So don't expect to grind with them, but be sure to do a lot of them.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

vaginal facsimile posted:

Disagreed, normal is fine.

normal is dumb because you're invincible and heal instantly out of combat and don't have to prepare for anything, which is half the fun. very hard is a little insane for most people (you die in 2 hits regardless of armor) but hard felt perfect

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ij ust checked my save and it was on hard not death march lol. thats the sweet spot imo

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

extremebuff posted:

normal is dumb because you're invincible and heal instantly out of combat and don't have to prepare for anything, which is half the fun. very hard is a little insane for most people (you die in 2 hits regardless of armor) but hard felt perfect

I guess I wasn't into the combat enough to deal with too much of a challenge. To each his own

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

your potions regenerate when you rest with a little alcohol, so feel free to chug your foul witcher drugs whenever you please.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Hard mode is canon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

rediscover posted:

Hard mode is canon.

Lmfao at your avatar

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Switch between the two highest difficulties depending on your mood. Or play it on hardest and use the mod that lets you equip more than a few talents at a time because it makes the game 100x more fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i thought the weakest part of the game was easily the talent tree with stupid small +5% upgrades and then on top of that it only lets you 'equip' a handful of your skillpoints lol like cmon

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

extremebuff posted:

i thought the weakest part of the game was easily the talent tree with stupid small +5% upgrades and then on top of that it only lets you 'equip' a handful of your skillpoints lol like cmon

this has been driving me nuts. it basically forces you to grind, though i guess it also helps avoid wow's huge number damage problem :thunk:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theres no grinding. 80% of your experience is from quests and key actions (blowing up monster nests, killing big baddies) and you also literally find skillpoints as you explore. if you consider exploring and doing witcher contracts grinding idk what to tell you

e: oh yospos of course

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

yeah you almost literally can't grind in this game. like i was a little shy on $ for buying all the grandmaster sets at the end after clearing out camps and the only way to get money really anymore was to sell stuff (which was fine, i should have sold the 2000 flowers i was carrying for no reason anyway)

• Locked thread