Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

facialimpediment posted:

My favorite stories are "angry at leaks, frustrations leak out" stories.

A close second is this: https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/875751904105639936

A lawyer having to hire a lawyer. :toot:

A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

A lawyer who represents himself has a fool for a client.
its not the fact that he isn't representing himself, its that he needs a lawyer in the first place

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

bird cooch posted:

I don't know about that, but we are seeing a major population condescension in major metro areas on the as the flyovers suffer massive brain and youth drain.
Wait, smart young people are moving to where economic opportunity exists?!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Cugel the Clever posted:

Wait, smart young people are moving to where economic opportunity exists?!

Yeah but only because the liberal democrats are killing coal.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

TBeats posted:

Yeah but only because the liberal democrats are killing coal.

:smug: Dumb Lieberals, don't you know that people wanna break their backs and die of Black Lung in the year of our lord 1885 2017

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

I work with these people. They are good at what they do, but much like Ben Carson, and pretty much anyone else, they are next to useless outside their element. I know someone will throw up the defense, "they are great with constantly changing goals and personnel etc" but honestly a top kick probably has more experience getting people situated in government housing than her.

Why do they keep picking people with no experience and assuming they'll just somehow make up for the total lack of knowledge rapidly and become effective leaders?

I mean I guess I know why but gently caress, it's frustrating.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

bird cooch posted:

I don't know about that, but we are seeing a major population condescension in major metro areas on the as the flyovers suffer massive brain and youth drain.

This is an awesome malapropism.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

joat mon posted:

I've been beaten to it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Richard Bong posted:

I work with these people. They are good at what they do, but much like Ben Carson, and pretty much anyone else, they are next to useless outside their element. I know someone will throw up the defense, "they are great with constantly changing goals and personnel etc" but honestly a top kick probably has more experience getting people situated in government housing than her.

Why do they keep picking people with no experience and assuming they'll just somehow make up for the total lack of knowledge rapidly and become effective leaders?

Conversely, one of my best friends works for HUD and I'm pretty sure she's turning into an alcoholic now.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Richard Bong posted:

Decades and decades of people shouting that "we need to run the government like a business!" while completely ignoring the many, many things wrong with the statement. gently caress experience, gently caress knowledge, gently caress contacts, gently caress public service, if you run a business and can extract profit you are automatically a part of the elite class in america and should be given deference as such.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

TBeats posted:

The Big Short is a really good movie.

I chalked it up to being an old but I watched some late night show having cheap laughs about the current administration's activities and I felt like Brad Pitt's character in The Big Short when he was pissed off.

Like I know it's a cheap comedy routine but all I could think of was Jesus Christ, stop laughing! Isn't this whole situation super serious?

Deal with retarded madness via humor yes but just don't, I don't know, don't treat it like nothing more than a fart joke, like there's nothing wrong and this somehow doesn't affect actual lives; this is actually super concerning. In short I'm becoming an old.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

bird food bathtub posted:

Decades and decades of people shouting that "we need to run the government like a business!" while completely ignoring the many, many things wrong with the statement. gently caress experience, gently caress knowledge, gently caress contacts, gently caress public service, if you run a business and can extract profit you are automatically a part of the elite class in america and should be given deference as such.

Marcon (Frances new head of state (I forget if it's PM or prez) says he wants to run France like a startup company lol. I'm looking at Uber and juicepro or w/e it's called and thinking 'uh oh'

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Mister Sinewave posted:

Deal with retarded madness via humor yes but just don't, I don't know, don't treat it like nothing more than a fart joke, like there's nothing wrong and this somehow doesn't affect actual lives; this is actually super concerning. In short I'm becoming an old.

Relevant

https://youtu.be/Tva0xq-eDvI

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

It's so frustrating because people having a place to live is on the line. We need people who are not only effective leaders, but are also subject matter experts.

Instead we are just jamming anyone with some vague leadership experience into these slots. Hell sometimes leadership experience isn't even required and they are just good at an unrelated thing.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

joat mon posted:

Autocorrect getting ambitious, but I'm leaving it because it's really funny and..

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Richard Bong posted:

It's so frustrating because people having a place to live is on the line. We need people who are not only effective leaders, but are also subject matter experts.

Instead we are just jamming anyone with some vague leadership experience into these slots. Hell sometimes leadership experience isn't even required and they are just good at an unrelated thing.

The dream of technocracy has never really panned out. The combination of SME and top-notch leadership skills is rare.

It's okay for the appointees at the top of federal and state agencies to be selected because they are truly outstanding leaders who can lean on the technical experts advising them for the nuts and bolts. The problems are that Republicans have been (ironically) lambasting the idea of a career as a civil servant and those political appointees are usually chosen for connections rather than actual leadership abilities.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

facialimpediment posted:

I'm breaking my don't-link-to-Donnie-tweets rule because this one is loving amazing

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/875701471999864833

this is amazing. Is him going after Rosenstein publicly a new development or had he started this already?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Also that girl that texted her boyfriend or whatever to kill himself was found guilty

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

this is amazing. Is him going after Rosenstein publicly a new development or had he started this already?

Brand new development.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-declares-war-on-rosenstein-he-has-no-qualms-about-throwing-him-under-a-bus

Also, NYT, USA Today, and CNN are all now suing the feds to get their hands on the Comey memos, due to the feds not responding to their FOIA request.

Here's the NYT lawsuit: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3866951-Savage-NYT-FOIA-Comey-Memos-Complaint.html

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

The alt right is eating it up, because for some reason they never trusted a guy named Rosenstein.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I thought he was going to fire Comey regardless

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TBeats posted:

I thought he was going to fire Comey regardless

Had Trump fired Comey immediately upon taking office much of this would've been avoided.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

facialimpediment posted:

My favorite stories are "angry at leaks, frustrations leak out" stories.

A close second is this: https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/875751904105639936

A lawyer having to hire a lawyer. :toot:

Trickle-down works.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Medical 3PM update: Scalise was in full-blown shock when he came into the hospital, critical with imminent risk of death. Bullet fragmented into hundreds of pieces and just tore a ton of poo poo up. They won't be removing the fragments.

Still critical, heavily sedated but responsive, "lower risk of death", possible full recovery, but not out of the woods.

The police officer still in the hospital was shot in the ankle and had a surgery, but her status is good.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Best Friends posted:

The alt right is eating it up, because for some reason they never trusted a guy named ((Rosenstein)).

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Derek Dominoe posted:

The dream of technocracy has never really panned out. The combination of SME and top-notch leadership skills is rare.

It's okay for the appointees at the top of federal and state agencies to be selected because they are truly outstanding leaders who can lean on the technical experts advising them for the nuts and bolts. The problems are that Republicans have been (ironically) lambasting the idea of a career as a civil servant and those political appointees are usually chosen for connections rather than actual leadership abilities.

I'm not pushing for a technocracy, I just want someone with enough working experience in the field to lead effectively. I'm not pushing for anything ground breaking.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/875810214750060545

How many of these are GIP parachute accounts?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Twin Cities are likely to be on fire this weekend.

Minnesota Police Officer Found Not Guilty In Shooting Death Of Philando Castile

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Lmao. Dude was videotaped and everything, too. JFC.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

loving hell Minnesota. :(

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

BUG JUG posted:

loving hell USA. :(

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

suboptimal posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/875810214750060545

How many of these are GIP parachute accounts?

Man people really hate Katy Perry for some reason

Then again they're also commenting on Twitter posts so their value as humans must already be pretty low

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Man people really hate Katy Perry for some reason

Then again they're also commenting on Twitter posts so their value as humans must already be pretty low

Katy Perry has hit that stage in her career where she's lost her mind.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

The 2nd Amendment was written for white men and that's it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Stultus Maximus posted:

The 2nd Amendment was written for white men and that's it.

I don't remember who it was but someone on Fox News explained how to handle police:

He said he gets out of his vehicle, he lifts his shirt up and shows the cops that he is armed.

Checkmate, black people.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

TBeats posted:

Katy Perry has hit that stage in her career where she's lost her mind.

Still hot don't care

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

TBeats posted:

I don't remember who it was but someone on Fox News explained how to handle police:

He said he gets out of his vehicle, he lifts his shirt up and shows the cops that he is armed.

Checkmate, black people.

Doesn't that mean an automatic no seatbelt fine? If you get out you can't prove you were wearing one. That's how it works in Ontario at least but we aren't crazy here

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Look at this jury. Phil Castile never had a snowball's chance in hell of getting justice:

The Yanez jurors: A snapshot

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

TBeats posted:

Checkmate, black people.

Pretty sure that was Sean Hannity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I think a black dude jumping out of a car and tearing his shirt off at a routine stop would uhh probably have the same result as apparently every other black dude at a traffic stop

• Locked thread