Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
This

this is satire, right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
uhh...what the gently caress is this

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Filler

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SgtSteel91 posted:

What

Who

Why have this in the final episode?

Are... are we being trolled by a goddamn Gundam show?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

AND THERES ANOTHER RECAP?!

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

"We know you got bored and stopped watching halfway through so here's an upbeat recap"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
no seriously, what the hell just happened? I heard this series was a movie before?
What happened in the film at this point?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

It's worth pointing out that even two separate recaps still clock in less time than one of One Piece.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Eureka and the Nirvash?

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Love the sweeping, triumphant music for a broadcast that's going to result in a mass outbreak of civil unrest and terrorist attacks the following morning.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
i'm playing video games on my laptop while the TV's muted, and this just looks like the most garbage-rear end pretentious horseshit

i can only hope we never have to have this trash franchise on Toonami ever again

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
AND THEN THEY (presumably) hosed! THE END!

also some riots probably broke out and a new war will inevitably start

BUT WHATEVER NO MORE loving GUNDAM THANK CHRIST

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Argus Zant posted:

i'm playing video games on my laptop while the TV's muted, and this just looks like the most garbage-rear end pretentious horseshit

i can only hope we never have to have this trash franchise on Toonami ever again

Coming next month: Gundam 0099 : "Is that a Gundam in your pants or are you just happy to see me"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Is Naruto that boring or is everyone asleep?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is Naruto that boring or is everyone asleep?

Both. You either call it a night before Gundam comes on, or you stay up to watch GitS with the TV either shut off or muted until 0300.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think moving Toonami up an hour would be a good idea in general.

Especially since outside of Jack no one uses those time slots.

Adult Swim has gotta get those sweet sweet Family Guy Rick & Morty ratings.

Although after Jack finishes airing again, it would be nice if Toonami kept the 11 slot.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I ended up sleeping through Titan and just decided to go to bed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

AoT wound up looking not so bad, I suppose, though I wasn't paying full attention.

You did yourself a favor by missing Tokyo Ghoul, though.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/posts/1767333393557500:0

AOT marathon July 1st.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well, now I gotta figure out a thing to watch.

Speaking of, I already have Labor Day weekend planned.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My prize pack came today

I will never remove TOM from his packaging. It looks way too nice

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Not sure where else to ask this but how long does it take before Berserk starts taking off? I'm watching it for the first time with a friend who saw it years ago and it's rough getting through the 6 episodes we've watched. No music, the animation is bad, the gay love between Griffith and Guts is weird, it's tough to keep on watching it. I know it's a classic like Cowboy Bebop and was mind-blowing when it first came out but it's dragging. It just seems like one of those anime I need to see to say I've seen it.

I'm wondering if I should just power through it by myself and we watch Drifters instead.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

limp_cheese posted:

Not sure where else to ask this but how long does it take before Berserk starts taking off? I'm watching it for the first time with a friend who saw it years ago and it's rough getting through the 6 episodes we've watched. No music, the animation is bad, the gay love between Griffith and Guts is weird, it's tough to keep on watching it. I know it's a classic like Cowboy Bebop and was mind-blowing when it first came out but it's dragging. It just seems like one of those anime I need to see to say I've seen it.

I'm wondering if I should just power through it by myself and we watch Drifters instead.

Honestly the Manga is just way better than the Anime adaptations, both for its highly detailed art, and because it doesn't gently caress around with the story order. The anime definitely hasn't aged well, either.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The manga plays up the griffin wants to gently caress Guts harder so if that is a deal breaker then it just isn't for you.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Don't loving watch the new Berserk anime, you moron.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Don't loving watch the new Berserk anime, you moron.

This is the old one from like the early 90s or whenever it came out.

I'm also not going to read any manga or watch subbed anime. Was just wondering how long its going to take before the story gets really engaging.

I like what I've seen so far I'm just not sure if I can stick with it because it hasn't aged well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Alternatively, watch the new berserk anime

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
From what I remember it's a bit of a slow build without much hint of where things are going... and then it just goes completely off the rails.

I wanted to say to skip to the last five episodes or so if you really can't stand it, checking wiki's episode summaries #17 seems to be where the endgame gets going.

Like if you did watch ep 6 and want more of that you've got like a dozen episodes of mostly medieval knights loving around before anything like that happens again. Maybe the end is better if you got used to that loving around though, I don't know.

Or just skip it and find the blooper reel on youtube.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Drifters is real good and I highly endorse it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You guys know what episode of Outlaw Star you left off on?

Also, depending on how I can manage it in the morning, I might need someone else to do recaps. I'll be at Origins for a bunch of the day, and while I'll probably have time before I go, I slept through Titan and went to bed early so I missed Hunter entirely.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

JT Jag posted:

Drifters is real good and I highly endorse it

I agree. That's why I'm thinking we'll watch that instead and I'll just blow through Berserk another time.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Also, depending on how I can manage it in the morning, I might need someone else to do recaps. I'll be at Origins for a bunch of the day, and while I'll probably have time before I go, I slept through Titan and went to bed early so I missed Hunter entirely.

[cracks knuckles while trying to sound like Duke Nukem]

we got this

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Waffleman_ posted:

The next episode was 18.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

fit em all up in there posted:

The next episode was 18.

That's what I thought.

E: Also I did not realize the blu-ray set was out already. It's coming in my mailbox Sunday!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 17, 2017

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Waffleman_ posted:

PREVIOUSLY ON DRAGON BALL Z KAI

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

DragonBall Super: Freeza shows up on Earth with, like, a hundred nameless goons that all get their asses kicked by the Z Fighters. Except remember that one lieutenant that Freeza shot in the kneecaps? Yeah, he's a hardass now because Freeza literally beat the weakness out of him.

DragonBall Z Kai: Dabura decides that Gohan's too much of a pussy to bother with and fucks off, but also because he thinks of a Good IdeaTM. Babidi casts Dominate Mind on Vegeta, then teleports everyone back to Shang Tsung's island.

Attack on Titan: ONE NIGHT ONLY, THIS SATURDAY! SATURDAY! SATURDAY! GASBACK HEPHAESTUS VS. BROCK LESNAR, ONLY ON PAY-PER-VIEW! CALL YOUR CABLE OR SATELLITE PROVIDER FOR ORDERING INFORMATION!

Tokyo Ghoul: Lumberjack Bonanza made a hamburger and said it was pretty good.

Hunter X Hunter: Turns out that Chrollo jacked that girl's fortune-telling power, and the Phantom Troupe's horoscope says that there's gonna be a poo poo-ton more blood before this arc wraps up. That might have something to do with how Hisoka told Kurapika that the Troupe is still alive.

Gundam: We never have to watch this garbage-rear end franchise again, yaaaaayyyyy!

PREVIOUSLY, ON GOONAMI

UnLIMITED Blade Works: We stopped Gilgamesh from triggering the End of Days, destroyed Shub-Niggurath, moved to London so we could attend Hogwarts, and got one final cameo from a Zero character. Cue rodneydangerfield.wmv, roll credits.

LUPIN THE 3RD STARTS TONIGHT AT 0200

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

:discourse: Cheers.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Argus Zant posted:

UnLIMITED Blade Works: We stopped Gilgamesh from triggering the End of Days, destroyed Shub-Niggurath, moved to London so we could attend Hogwarts, and got one final cameo from a Zero character. Cue rodneydangerfield.wmv, roll credits.

Hero EMIYA: "I WASN'T WRONG."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aside from the fact that you're being beaten nearly to death by a guy stronger than you, I wonder how terrible it is to train with Frieza.

Would he kill you if you got a good hit in on him? Would he kill you for not putting up enough of a struggle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I have to fly early Sunday, so I'm going to miss Lupin :sigh:

• Locked thread