Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Went to front of the line. Clicked 3 times and got in my instance. Finished no problems.

gently caress your Trail of Tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

SilverSupernova posted:

So are these lines being enforced in any actual manner or is this an easy consequence-free way to piss off half the server.

the line doesn't do anything except if you're standing in it you're not clicking an npc vainly hoping to get in. neither one is a solution to the problem.

since DRs have died thanks to the new DPS, right now: you either level a tank/healer in dungeons, check out pvp, or do potd.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

SilverSupernova posted:

So are these lines being enforced in any actual manner or is this an easy consequence-free way to piss off half the server.

There's no enforcement, so you know what you have to do. Click that NPC :f5:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm getting a black screen of death sometimes when I try to queue after skipping the line, so maybe they're enforcing it???

e: I'm actually worried that this is what happens when I get in.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 16, 2017

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

I think there's too many people you won't make a difference unless you RP walk down the line.

I will do exactly this.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are solo instances specific to the quest, or general? As in: if I were to try to do a solo instance for a different quest, like a pre-SB quest, would I still probably not be able to get an instance, or would I probably be fine?

I probably won't reach Stormblood content for a while yet so I'm hoping I can dodge the worst of the congestion.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

LOL http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/151006b23292cf06b2d5fef480fa58e0d889f6f7

quote:

While we have plenty of instances available, to prevent a heavy load on the servers, we are currently limiting the number of players that can enter at a time. If you are unable to enter an instance, we recommend waiting and trying again at a later time.
They're creating the congestion on purpose.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Sounds like they don't want the instance server crashing, which would prevent anyone from being able to get into an instance.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

They should release a functional game imho

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
People should chill out imho

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Creating a throttle is probably a good idea but this is not the first time an instance or battle has caused a huge issue so having one right at the beginning was just foolish. They should have learned by now.

But as I'm in no rush to get the story done and get to 70 asap, I'm not super fussed.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

I will when they compensate me for the game not working

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
In the patch notes it mentioned merchants selling lvl 50 gear were added to the starting cities, I can't find them in Ul'dah. someone help my dumbass please.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If I could at least get to the main hub city and the first dungeon I'd be a lot happier. Having a massive bottleneck before even getting into the interesting part of the expansion sucks.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Ishin posted:

In the patch notes it mentioned merchants selling lvl 50 gear were added to the starting cities, I can't find them in Ul'dah. someone help my dumbass please.

someone said the merchants in heavensward sell them. presumably at the jeweled crozier.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Lemon King posted:

Sounds like they don't want the instance server crashing, which would prevent anyone from being able to get into an instance.

And servers crashed.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ishin posted:

The regular armor and weapon merchants

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Lemon King posted:

Yeah, exactly this. It's better for them to handle incoming player requests at a slower rate than risk crashing the whole thing and forcing emergency maintenance.

Sucks that people are having a hard time with it during an early access period, though. I did Heavensward's early access and I don't think I had a single problem with it. I do hope there's at least some compensation for all the people that deliberately paid more money to play the new stuff before everyone else. e: I'm an idiot, early access was just for preorders this time around

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 16, 2017

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT

Rainuwastaken posted:

The Stormblood story content (and thus all of the brand new dungeons and areas) are locked behind the first expansion's storyline, so you'll have to do that first. But that's okay, because it's real good. Stormblood also comes with Heavensward, I think?

Samurai and Red Mage are available to anybody who beat Ultima Weapon at the end of the 2.0 storyline, so you can pick those up if you'd like.

Wait, so if I bought Heavensward I get Stormblood free?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DizzyBum posted:

Yeah, exactly this. It's better for them to handle incoming player requests at a slower rate than risk crashing the whole thing and forcing emergency maintenance.

Sucks that people are having a hard time with it during an early access period, though. I did Heavensward's early access and I don't think I had a single problem with it. I do hope there's at least some compensation for all the people that deliberately paid more money to play the new stuff before everyone else.

No one paid extra for early access.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

beergod posted:

Wait, so if I bought Heavensward I get Stormblood free?

Other way around. Buying Stormblood gets you Heavensward.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

DizzyBum posted:

I do hope there's at least some compensation for all the people that deliberately paid more money to play the new stuff before everyone else.

Besides the others preorder bonuses?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

No one paid extra for early access.

Oh, really? I thought it was a collector's edition bonus. It was just for preorders this time around? My mistake.

Then yeah I guess people should chill the gently caress out :shrug:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

DizzyBum posted:

Oh, really? I thought it was a collector's edition bonus. It was just for preorders this time around? My mistake.

Then yeah I guess people should chill the gently caress out :shrug:

It was preorders last time around too.

I would venture to guess that 90% of active players probably preordered the game so majority of the playerbase is playing the expansion.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

World queue is 544 right now, so it just jumped up a lot. It was like 20 every other time I've logged in.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

No one should chill out. The game they paid for should work

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Lemon King posted:

And servers crashed.

yeah, instead of that instance server crashing every so often, eventually enough people will be in the area to take down the field map instead lmao

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
Seems like a lot of people (myself included) just keep getting kicked every 15-30 mins or so, which is likely contributing to the queue.

Trainmonk
Jul 4, 2007

strong bird posted:

No one should chill out. The game they paid for should work

It will, so chill out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Rainuwastaken posted:

Every MMO launch.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

the servers in general don't seem to be holding up well. raubahn's wall aside, people were mass disconnecting in trials and frontlines earlier as well.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
:rip: primal

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
The problem is, you can't really stay out of instances and just grind FATEs because those are a clusterfuck too. nowhere is safe

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

so this is what yoshi meant when he said there would be server consequences for adding more inventory space

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Aether is completely kaput.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I don't think it's reasonable to expect a completely problem free first day of a popular MMO expansion, but it's also really loving stupid that they put in an instance bottleneck basically at the start of the MSQ, especially when the MSQ gates pretty much everything in the expansion. It's amazing to me because HW had two different quest chains at the start with two different solo instances in order to avoid this exact problem. It's like they did the exact opposite of learning a lesson.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Either I have rose tinted glasses or heavensward's launch was so smooth it spoiled me but yeah this is pretty much the default mmo launch day expansion experience iirc

Gating all the new stuff behind a bottleneck is a baffling design choice though, can't defend that

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

Every MMO launch.

legion was fine :shrug:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

legion was fine :shrug:

so was heavensward. hiccuped a bit at the very start for like an hour, but after that it was all smooth sailing.