Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

E.Y.E is loving weird. Every time something happens I have no idea what caused it or why.

"Make no waves."

"I told you not to make waves!"

The game doesn't actually expect me to be stealthy, does it? It seems absolutely impossible. Enemies know where I am instantly!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faf9hMAqCfs

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

yea this

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh yeah they're making a non-mania Sonic game.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is that thumbnail Sonic escaping from the city again

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

So what do I play after TW3, HZD and Prey? Any strong new-ish narrative-driven games out there?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yakuza 0?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Palpek posted:

So what do I play after TW3, HZD and Prey? Any strong new-ish narrative-driven games out there?

Doom 2016...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Palpek posted:

YAKUZA ZERO

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i don't feel very good at all, mentally :(

mildy NWS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LSSYhSEReY

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
H e l l o everybody

How's everybody's day going today, anything exciting planned for today or for the weekend?

I just finished taking my seizure meds and I think I'm gonna go ahead and take a nap. Either that or play some bastard bonds. Or something. We got our car's oil changed today so hopefully it'll stop throwing the occasional oil-related hissy fit. Other than that, I've got nothin going on.

I swear I'm gonna stare at my steam games list for a few minutes and just end up going back to watching woodturning videos lmao

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

I'm sorry to hear that :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hell of a contrast between my post and the one above it :( I'm sorry to hear that precision, I don't know what happened and I don't expect you to give us the deets but I hope you are able to overcome whatever has gotten you down.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

FirstAidKite posted:

H e l l o everybody

How's everybody's day going today, anything exciting planned for today or for the weekend?

I just finished taking my seizure meds and I think I'm gonna go ahead and take a nap. Either that or play some bastard bonds. Or something. We got our car's oil changed today so hopefully it'll stop throwing the occasional oil-related hissy fit. Other than that, I've got nothin going on.

I swear I'm gonna stare at my steam games list for a few minutes and just end up going back to watching woodturning videos lmao

All my friends are busy with personal poo poo/out of town this weekend so I imagine I'll be playing a lot of Battlegrounds. Maybe some Dead Cells too. Games are hecka good these days.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

precision posted:

I am sorry about your day but appreciate obscure Beck posting

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

precision posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU-CrC7sUBA

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

PantsBandit posted:

All my friends are busy with personal poo poo/out of town this weekend so I imagine I'll be playing a lot of Battlegrounds.

I played Battlegrounds with my friends then I remembered my friends are insufferable when playing multiplayer games with death penalties and then I refunded PUBG

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
sifl & oly is amazing :)

but thanks guys. i'm not enough of an attention seeker to get into any of it, no, especially since that's the kind of posting i've been trying to stop doing lately.

i'll just say that if you listened to "snookered" by dan deacon, then "superdeformed" by matthew sweet, then "rebound" by sebadoh, you'd get the idea. maybe throw in some portishead, "only you" or "sour times" maybe

i'm gonna go hang out at the barcade and drink cheap beer and talk to college students

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/SeniorPacman/status/875473436738437120

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Palpek posted:

Yakuza 0 and/or Nier: Automata are both very good in wildly different ways. Yakuza 0 is House of Cards: In Japan with a flat ridiculous amount of side content to play around with, while Nier is very interested in poking at the boundaries of what kind of story you can tell in a video game.

They both play very well, but one is just laugh out loud ridiculous while the other is more serious, so whichever you're more in the mood for.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
If House of Cards was even a fraction as interesting as Yakuza, I would still be watching it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

This guy started seeing Mario everywhere. His life was invaded by tiny Mario Land characters it was a bizarre time. It was like the inverse of Captain N.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Yakuza 0 should be on some kind of Required Play list, it's my GOTY and the best narrative since MGS2: Sons of the Liberty Bell. Doesnt hurt that the fighting is fun and I love smashing people with bicycles and sofas like some jacked up hulk.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

Yakuza 0 should be on some kind of Required Play list, it's my GOTY and the best narrative since MGS2: Sons of the Liberty Bell. Doesnt hurt that the fighting is fun and I love smashing people with bicycles and sofas like some jacked up hulk.

Is this an MGS/National Treasure crossover? Because I would play/watch that.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm glad that Yakuza is starting to get the recognition it deserves but I never would have believed it was caused by Nugget the loving real estate chicken.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

But ... that man clearly IS Mario

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

tap my mountain posted:

I'm glad that Yakuza is starting to get the recognition it deserves but I never would have believed it was caused by Nugget the loving real estate chicken.

I was about to object to that being the reason I was turned onto 0 but... I feel like seeing that screenshot somewhere actually is what put me over the edge. I'm a sheeple. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAfzpGpERUw

:colbert:

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 16, 2017

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Palpek posted:

Yakuza 0 or Persona 5.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

FirstAidKite posted:

anything exciting planned for today or for the weekend?

This Sunday is Father's Day, friendly reminder to everyone whose dad isn't dead (or at least dead to them) to at the very least give them a call.

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
I hope everyone does remember to talk to dear old dad this weekend. I'm going to try to get further in hollow knight. I will probably also play more PBUG. then I will get ready for the summer camp i teach. its going to be very good and very hot.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Snak posted:

If House of Cards was even a fraction as interesting as Yakuza, I would still be watching it.

You could watch some Takeshi Kitano films

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

My dad does some kind of comedy internet horror host thing with a puppet he made but I guess I'll talk to him anyway this weekend

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Your dad sounds awesome.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Ok, I'll play Yakuza.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Snak posted:

Your dad sounds awesome.

He's ok. But puppets are weird.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

codenameFANGIO posted:

He's ok. But puppets are weird.

"Fathership with codenameFANGIO ended.

Now ARLO is my son."

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What are people's desert island game?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Easy: Metal Gear Solid 3 Chalice Dungeons.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

What are people's desert island game?
if everyday squarelogic ever added a random puzzle generator, maybe that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Star Citizen

They can't put me on a desert island with my desert island game if the desert island game doesn't exist :v:

• Locked thread