Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

ArkInBlack posted:

Don't play lovely hosed up difficulties, is maybe the advice I should have given then.

It's going to feel like a badge of honor(?) When Overkill finally does something about 1D and most of us have completed all of it pre-change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TopHatGenius posted:

It's going to feel like a badge of honor(?) When Overkill finally does something about 1D and most of us have completed all of it pre-change.
I think we will see Payday 3 before then. Or all die of old age.

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What ArkInBlack said. Overkill will argue that you have the option of bringing tools (Explosives, Saw, or lockpicking skills + Burglar perk deck) to help with that situation :overkill: No matter that you were on OD with only one other human.

I agree with you

Well after the successful completion of the heist I looked upon it with greater equanimity. Even OD is fairly easy these days so I suppose it is a good thing when the game gives me a challenge every now and then, however that occurs. I did also manage to defeat 47 policemen and a clutch of specials (according to Wolfhud) on the hardest artificial difficulty in the game, on my last down with 2 bots so there was a sense of achievement.

Except OD Goat Simulator. I will never play that again.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What ArkInBlack said. Overkill will argue that you have the option of bringing tools (Explosives, Saw, or lockpicking skills + Burglar perk deck) to help with that situation :overkill: No matter that you were on OD with only one other human.

I agree with you

You're not going into those heists blind. If you're not preparing it's on you.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Watching the Starbreeze stream.

I think this sums it up:

Michaellaneous - Today at 1:34 PM
:devstove:

Highlights Include

The streamer (whom I'm not sure whom that was)...
Not Sprinting
Not using Iron Sights
Not aiming for the head
Taking basic Confident for a single Joker build
Taking THREE TIMES TO FIGURE OUT WHICH COMPUTER TO HACK ON BIG BANK
Taking 30 minutes on said Big Bank while cracking no safe deposit boxes
Willingly picking C4 Escape

And after that I suffered an aneurysm.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
I kinda like c4 escape.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Malek posted:

Watching the Starbreeze stream.

I think this sums it up:

Michaellaneous - Today at 1:34 PM
:devstove:

Highlights Include

The streamer (whom I'm not sure whom that was)...
Not Sprinting
Not using Iron Sights
Not aiming for the head
Taking basic Confident for a single Joker build
Taking THREE TIMES TO FIGURE OUT WHICH COMPUTER TO HACK ON BIG BANK
Taking 30 minutes on said Big Bank while cracking no safe deposit boxes
Willingly picking C4 Escape

And after that I suffered an aneurysm.

Not using irons/not aiming for head would really depend on the build and the gun. No sprinting is just bizarre though.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

swims posted:

I kinda like c4 escape.

:devstove: : pubstove : :goonstove:

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

C4 escape is a lot more tolerable in the current beta.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Irons are for suckers

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

UnknownMercenary posted:

Not using irons/not aiming for head would really depend on the build and the gun. No sprinting is just bizarre though.

Izhma with no piercing abilities nor flames etc.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

UnknownMercenary posted:

C4 escape is a lot more tolerable in the current beta.

C4 escape is hilarious sniper hell & I will miss it when snipers can no longer kill everyone on the team before they're even fully spawned.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Anybody else having trouble with CTDs since the last update?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

dublish posted:

Anybody else having trouble with CTDs since the last update?

When does it happen for you?

There's a reported crash with using kickstarter on the lamppost cutter objective, day 1 of goat heist.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

When does it happen for you?

There's a reported crash with using kickstarter on the lamppost cutter objective, day 1 of goat heist.

It seems random. CTDd three times within the first five minutes of Safehouse Raid before I got fed up and decided to try something else, and once after ~20 minutes of Panic Room. It was all offline. I interacted with enough stuff in Panic Room that I couldn't begin to guess at what caused it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
In the root payday 2 directory there are crashlogs. Should probably check there.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

dublish posted:

It seems random. CTDd three times within the first five minutes of Safehouse Raid before I got fed up and decided to try something else, and once after ~20 minutes of Panic Room. It was all offline. I interacted with enough stuff in Panic Room that I couldn't begin to guess at what caused it.
Hit Win + R, enter "%localappdata%/payday 2" (without quotes), open crash.txt in something other than notepad, copy and paste. Ideally here too: http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/14/

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
I'm getting random ones, usually when returning to lobby after a heist, but a couple times mid-heist as well. Might be BLT or Wolfhud related.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Hi goons, some friends of mine decided to get this when it went free so I've returned to it after a long absence. When I left hoxhud was The Thing because it let you do stuff like not have to hold a button to interact and had drill timers, but i guess that dude went off the deep end or something? and the link to goon mod says it's no longer supported. Is there a quick/easy list of QoL stuff and maybe a rundown of what guns/skills are decent now/should I be aiming for. I've no idea if my CAR or locomotive are still preferable to other options.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Play the game without hud mods you absolute plebian.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Drowning Rabbit posted:

In the root payday 2 directory there are crashlogs. Should probably check there.

maswastaken posted:

Hit Win + R, enter "%localappdata%/payday 2" (without quotes), open crash.txt in something other than notepad, copy and paste. Ideally here too: http://steamcommunity.com/app/218620/discussions/14/

Thank you both. Looks like pocohud causing errors attempting to compare strings. Disabling pocohud seems to have fixed things, but I feel like I'm playing blind.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

dublish posted:

Thank you both. Looks like pocohud causing errors attempting to compare strings. Disabling pocohud seems to have fixed things, but I feel like I'm playing blind.
Sounds like the old Dragon's Breath on a medic bug. There is a way to fix that:

Some guy on the Steam forums posted:

Open Hud3.lua, find line 153:
code:
function TPocoHud3:AddDmgPop(sender,hitPos,unit,offset,damage,death,head,dmgType)
Insert this after it as a new line:
code:
if type(damage) == "string" then return end

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Michaellaneous posted:

This is an insane suggestion. Don't listen to this.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the hud mods are kinda like that catalog of prosthetic penises from that one episode of rick & morty

if u want to keep ur natural penis that's fine but i think u should say, out loud, "I PREFER TO KEEP MY PENIS"

either way don't go shaming someone who gets a rotodong w/pneumatic pounding support

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Michaellaneous posted:

Play the game with mspaint hud, my friends

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Bear in mind that the current beta is likely to break virtually every mod out there.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Also bear in mind that you'll never see the BLT creator and the developer who disabled it in beta together in the same room.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Discendo Vox posted:

Bear in mind that the current beta is likely to break virtually every mod out there.

The current beta better keep its loving hands off my suit mods and John Cena Winters announcement.

Michaellaneous posted:

Great av/post combo

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

RandallODim posted:

The current beta better keep its loving hands off my suit mods and John Cena Winters announcement.

Those are mod_overrides, not mods that use the BLT hook, and are fine.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

RandallODim posted:

Not even the beta can come between me and my loading screen of Dragomir Mršić in a pink apron with orange frills, ironing and baking cookies.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Coolguye posted:

either way don't go shaming someone who gets a rotodong w/pneumatic pounding support

"Guys my penis caused the game to crash again"

... this sounds like something Skyrim would do.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Malek posted:

"Guys my penis caused the game to crash again"

... this sounds like something Skyrim would do.
Sounds like something Second Life did. Repeatedly.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
What's in the current beta?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Gort posted:

What's in the current beta?

Broken path-finding for relocating hostages
Supposedly desync fixes (though this is probably more accurate, it's on its way but ... still a lot of general weirdness)

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Malek posted:

Supposedly desync fixes (though this is probably more accurate, it's on its way but ... still a lot of general weirdness)
Also very inattentive civilians.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
WE GOT OUR LEAD TO GET KEVIN SPACY INTO PAYDAY

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Malek posted:

Client stealth is a hell of a lot better in the beta, I'll give it that. I can get away with the risky bullshit I pull off solo as a client now, it's great.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Hey uh...this looks actually pretty good and I love Kevin Spacey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eann72DD18c

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The only problem with doing a Baby Run heist is, well, it'd be like making one about Drive. It'd need to involve a lot of tearing rear end in a car. Or maybe we'll do the work and need to follow a plan Spacey gives us while the driver's Baby or someone he hand picked because gently caress Bain, let's have some actual intelligence into a plan for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Looks like Payday 2 has a worthy companion on Android, with perhaps the laziest name ever

I have to say, the music is oddly compelling.