Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Building up a war chest to get butler and George makes sense idk.

I guess they can't get both because of cap poo poo but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If that trade happens, they're either going to trade for someone big or likely have two of the top 4 picks next year and that's fine with me as long as we don't get Lonzo Ball

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If somehow Ball and Smart end up on the same team the Boston Celtics might cause hell to break free with the evil that would be focused above ground.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Building up a war chest to get butler and George makes sense idk.

I guess they can't get both because of cap poo poo but whatever.

Structure a deal with Chicago before the draft, sign Hayward, trade assets for Butler after FA period and 30 days after Josh Jackson signed to have his salary help in matching.

Its basically what Cleveland did with Minnesota.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

If that trade happens, they're either going to trade for someone big or likely have two of the top 4 picks next year and that's fine with me as long as we don't get Lonzo Ball

CBM is NOT a big baller

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lonzo Ball on the Celtics would make for the best plot of next season, where LaVar chases out the Boston media as opposed to the other way around

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jackson plus lakers pick probably gets it done.

I'm not garpax tho

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/875821195563847683

So much for the Lakers mucking things up and taking Jackson

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The last bulls trade had them trade a starter and useful bench guy and a pick for a d league player, they will get completely hosed in a jimmy trade.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Carlosologist posted:

Lonzo Ball on the Celtics would make for the best plot of next season, where LaVar chases out the Boston media as opposed to the other way around

That might be worth it by itself.

euphronius posted:

Jackson plus lakers pick probably gets it done.

I'm not garpax tho

Jackson and maybe that future Philly pick would be enough for Butler, Chicago probably isn't keeping him beyond his contract. That would kickstart the Bulls rebuild considerably and still give Boston a valuable pick to make another move.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers getting fultz with the lakers pick would be magical

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

They could not get Paul George and Butler though, without giving up rotation players to match salary. Hayward is doable for sure alongside one or the other of PG and Butler.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

The last bulls trade had them trade a starter and useful bench guy and a pick for a d league player, they will get completely hosed in a jimmy trade.

That's a good trade imo

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

Sixers getting fultz with the lakers pick would be magical

MCW turned into Fultz

Hinkie be praised

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DeimosRising posted:

They could not get Paul George and Butler though, without giving up rotation players to match salary. Hayward is doable for sure alongside one or the other of PG and Butler.

Yeah I didn't think AND was possible

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/crossingbroad/status/875837906862166016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AsInHowe posted:

Somehow, Vivek is gonna give up a first-rounder in this trade, despite not even being part of the deal.

The Sixers are trading the pick they got as a result of a pick swap with the Kings to complete the Stauskas contract dump trade.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Celtics doing a real good job helping build a 76ers Super Team that will dominate for 5-10 years a little down the road.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Celtics doing a real good job helping build a 76ers Super Team that will dominate for 5-10 years a little down the road.

Maybe, but there are also a billion ways the Sixer experiment fizzles out

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

One Embiid foot bone away.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Or knee

Or back

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

kiimo posted:

One Embiid foot bone away.

they'll just trade for Zipser and balance the scales immediately

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

It's like we're back in the 1980s. We have a senile lunatic as POTUS and the Sixers, Lakers, and Celtics are looking good.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It's like we're back in the 1980s. We have a senile lunatic as POTUS and the Sixers, Lakers, and Celtics are looking good.

and the Knicks recently drafted a GAME CHANGING CENTER who will not win them a title because of Phil Jackson

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

EvanTH posted:

and the Knicks recently drafted a GAME CHANGING CENTER who will not win them a title because of Phil Jackson

Dear God

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

EvanTH posted:

All of this happened before and will happen again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the pistons dont have a second rounder but seem to be exclusively working out dudes they should never take at the number twelve pick. pretty excited for them to gently caress this up. i miss joe dumars ability to draft shooting guards who remind him of himself.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Holy poo poo give them all the picks I don't care. Give me an Embiid-Simmons-Fultz core.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is going to happen

Oh my word

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Cool Buff Man posted:

Maybe, but there are also a billion ways the Sixer experiment fizzles out

2/3rds of the core haven't played an NBA game

Come on Magic, counter with some ridiculous offer for #1

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/875821195563847683

So much for the Lakers mucking things up and taking Jackson

Did they know they were working out Josh Jackson

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
If Ainge's plan is to try and win now and go for Butler and Hayward I will laugh as they still get crushed by the Cavs.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Wait did something happen with the Lakers

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

IcePhoenix posted:

The Sixers are trading the pick they got as a result of a pick swap with the Kings to complete the Stauskas contract dump trade.

I know, I mean in addition to that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

morestuff posted:

Wait did something happen with the Lakers

Hahahah

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If Ainge's plan is to try and win now and go for Butler and Hayward I will laugh as they still get crushed by the Cavs.

Trading away a sure thing 1st pick for a dice roll third pick and a future high lottery pick sounds more like building for the future than trying to win now

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Trading away a sure thing 1st pick for a dice roll third pick and a future high lottery pick sounds more like building for the future than trying to win now

They're getting more ammo to go trade for Butler or PG is that line of thinking, not to actually use the picks down the line

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Redgrendel2001 posted:

All of this happened before and will happen again.

The Ball of Time turns and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend.

lol why didn't anyone keep him talking

please do go on

what "bad things start take place"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Oh I see aBagorn. I don't think they would go for Jimmy Butt if they signed Gordo Haywand. But that's just me, a simple man, an american patriot, proud, because at least I know I'm free, and I won't cheer, for a canadian player, because carl towns dont play D, and Ill gladly stand up, at the Q, and kiss the boobie gibson statue still today, and I'm so proud, I love this land, ball bless, the NBAAaaa

rabidsquid posted:

the pistons dont have a second rounder but seem to be exclusively working out dudes they should never take at the number twelve pick. pretty excited for them to gently caress this up. i miss joe dumars ability to draft shooting guards who remind him of himself.

Man his simple draft totem of taking southern shooting guards from SEC and deep south schools who are pretty athletic and can shoot just paid out like 80% of the time. Joe Dumars was a master value drafter, if he hadn't hosed up with Darko people would think of him as the best drafting GM of the last generation. He picked Afflalo, Khris Middleton, and Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko(Who was amazingly athletic in addition to his shooting before he tore his achilles), and Mehmet Okur in the 2nd round, he picked Amir with the last pick or second to last pick. He picked Tayshaun Prince 23rd, Jason Maxiell 26th, Andre Drummond 9th. He got so much value per pick with only one pick above 7 ever, drafting a superstar, or a supercar, oh my god, he was rolling mane, he was rolling hard

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Ainge getting even more picks that he will try very hard to trade for a star, and it's defintiely gonna happen this time you guys

(Just gonna keep making this joke to cope with the pain of knowing Hayward is gonna sign there)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 17, 2017

• Locked thread