Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Gonna guess the two:

Miller and Bannon

now its oyur turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Curious about something, I looked it up:
602 - TANGIER (02)
Candidate Votes Percent
Hillary Clinton
Democratic 27 10.67%
Donald J. Trump
Republican 221 87.35%
Gary Johnson
Libertarian 1 0.40%
Jill Stein
Green 1 0.40%
Evan McMullin
Independent 1 0.40%
Write In
Write-In 2 0.79%

Nope, Tangier Island. Go gently caress yourselves. We will send 27 lucky citizens boat tickets, though.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

skylined! posted:

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/875856327905603589

I read 'disappearing' as 'disappointing' and thought ol'jakey was retweeting Onion articles.

Look up a video of people speaking in Tangier Island accents. It's super unique

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

skylined! posted:

Gonna guess the two:

Miller and Bannon

now its oyur turn

do I have to pick different people? Cause if so I'm quitting.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Apparently it's close to the way the British colonists spoke.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

Not for long lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/anamariecox/status/875367425302310914

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/875765261202321408

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Sarcastro posted:

Curious about something, I looked it up:
602 - TANGIER (02)
Candidate Votes Percent
Hillary Clinton
Democratic 27 10.67%
Donald J. Trump
Republican 221 87.35%
Gary Johnson
Libertarian 1 0.40%
Jill Stein
Green 1 0.40%
Evan McMullin
Independent 1 0.40%
Write In
Write-In 2 0.79%

Nope, Tangier Island. Go gently caress yourselves. We will send 27 lucky citizens boat tickets, though.

We should instead send aid to the island nations that Trump and friends are going to gently caress over by denying climate change. gently caress these nimbys.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

skylined! posted:

Gonna guess the two:

Miller and Bannon

Nah, they're too isolationist for it to be them. They just want Syria to burn under Russian dominance. Remember Russia is tight with Iran as well.

It's gotta be Kushner. He's big with the Israeli lobby who obviously despises Iran. I would bet big money on it.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 17, 2017

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

Aves Maria! posted:

We should instead send aid to the island nations that Trump and friends are going to gently caress over by denying climate change. gently caress these nimbys.

I guess it is nice to see one problem that is solving itself, though.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Did Mike Pence threaten the Freedom Caucus with a live wire or a trip to the stable?

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Nah, they're too isolationist for it to be them. They just want Syria to burn under Russian dominance.

It's gotta be Kushner.

Miller's a super racist and Bannon believes in restarting the crusades - my reasoning

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Sarcastro posted:

yeah if you listen to the interview with the mayor it's like "we love Trump and are so happy he's President and is repealing regulations, but can he help us please??"

while in complete denial about climate change and rising sea level

nah you're hosed

on one hand I feel bad because this is less than 1,000 people who are having their culture and land erased

on the other 87% voted for Trump and think he's magically gonna fix things

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

skylined! posted:

Miller's a super racist and Bannon believes in restarting the crusades - my reasoning

Bannon was reportedly apoplectic over Trump ordering those missile strikes on Syria back in March.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Jealous Cow posted:

Define the mission and scope up front and stick to it. The ACLU defends things I don't like but I still support them.

Even defining the scope will be controversial though. If it is, "we will give you money if you are killed by police, no questions asked", then you have no way to say no when the families of sex offenders who didn't want to go back to jail or people who got killed doing liquor store stick-up robberies come calling with hat in hand. If it is, "we will give you money if you are killed by police, as long as you're one of the good ones/it wasn't your own drat fault", then you will have bad blood over "why did the lily white guy who was run over by a police cruiser while lying passed out drunk in the middle of the street qualify, but not my baby?"

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bannon was reportedly apoplectic over Trump ordering those missile strikes on Syria back in March.

well... I GUESS

put up your two broski

edit: ok Kushner is solid, who's oyur second?

skylined! fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jun 17, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh my God when some insane right winger kills that doctor for "being a dnc operative" people are going to say the killer was a dnc operative who killed him because people were getting too close to the truth.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Yeah I think you could probably get a charity going that gave money to the families of people killed by police. The kind of people who support that basic humanity won't be unwilling to donate if the dead person was really bad. The family probably needs the help even more.

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Nosfereefer posted:

I just want to make sure that any donation don't disappear into some local scheme or corporation, but ACLU looks good. Is the American Red Cross reliable as well?

I don't hear them get mentioned a lot but I've never heard anything bad about the innocence project and they seem to do good work.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Jimong5 posted:

I don't hear them get mentioned a lot but I've never heard anything bad about the innocence project and they seem to do good work.

My wife worked with the GA Innocense project for about 6 months and they both do great and important work, and desperately need funding.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/875844803455569920

isnt that pretty much what nixon was doing

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yep. i think by next week they or at least rosenstein will be gone.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want to express my outrage over Castille, but the thought occurred to me, with such posts on social media would I be disqualified from serving on a jury in similar cases, or worse be able to cause a mistrial if my opinions on police came out later?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

yesss

yessssss

feel the pain

feel the pain of knowing that the world hates you

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I may have said this before but I sincerely hope there actually are recordings of this.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I want to express my outrage over Castille, but the thought occurred to me, with such posts on social media would I be disqualified from serving on a jury in similar cases, or worse be able to cause a mistrial if my opinions on police came out later?

Just keep your settings private so only friends can see what you post.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I think the best part of this, for me anyways, is the idea that it is possible that nothing actually happened with Russia.

Can you imagine it? Trump, against all odds, wins the election. He gets into the white house, and there are some murmurings of the investigation. He has to fire Mike Flynn, one of the few guys he likes, simply because Flynn talked to the russian ambassador. Weeks go by, he's stressing out all the more, and his Deputy AG says "You know, we should fire Comey. Guy is a wackjob."

Trump does, and now its even worse. He doesn't understand what is going wrong. He just wants the Russia thing to go away. But it won't now, no one will ever shut up about it. Every time he turns on the news it is another one of his friends or allies having talked to someone from Russia. And now they're investigating him. What even is obstruction of justice anyways?

It's just so sublime.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Caros posted:

I think the best part of this, for me anyways, is the idea that it is possible that nothing actually happened with Russia.

Can you imagine it? Trump, against all odds, wins the election. He gets into the white house, and there are some murmurings of the investigation. He has to fire Mike Flynn, one of the few guys he likes, simply because Flynn talked to the russian ambassador. Weeks go by, he's stressing out all the more, and his Deputy AG says "You know, we should fire Comey. Guy is a wackjob."

Trump does, and now its even worse. He doesn't understand what is going wrong. He just wants the Russia thing to go away. But it won't now, no one will ever shut up about it. Every time he turns on the news it is another one of his friends or allies having talked to someone from Russia. And now they're investigating him. What even is obstruction of justice anyways?

It's just so sublime.

It's a fun thought but something definitely happened with russia. Bare, bare bare bare bare minimum they funded a lot of the campaign.

Trump may not have been directly involved but there had to have been collusion.

Remember this dude, caught soliciting foreign donations for the trump campaign? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/24/exclusive-investigation-donald-trump-faces-foreign-donor-fundrai/

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The answer is maybe. What will prolly matter the most is your answer when they'll ask if despite X statements, are able to remain imperial / unbiased and decide based on the facts

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Caros posted:

It's just so sublime.

skylined! posted:

It's a fun thought but something definitely happened with russia. Bare, bare bare bare bare minimum they funded a lot of the campaign.

Trump may not have been directly involved but there had to have been collusion.

Remember this dude, caught soliciting foreign donations for the trump campaign? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/24/exclusive-investigation-donald-trump-faces-foreign-donor-fundrai/

Yeah I think it's almost guaranteed that Trump has some shady business dealings with Russians going back a decade or more, but he may well have only tangentially been involved with the Russian hacks and election fuckery. I guess we'll find out!

The coverup is always worse than the crime.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

LaserShark posted:

Soooooo... hey! How's that swamp draining coming along?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...e-a7792911.html

...oh.

Is this one of those 400+ positions he hasn't appointed? Because we might be better off just leaving those unfulfilled.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Pellisworth posted:

Yeah I think it's almost guaranteed that Trump has some shady business dealings with Russians going back a decade or more, but he may well have only tangentially been involved with the Russian hacks and election fuckery. I guess we'll find out!

The coverup is always worse than the crime.

That's where it gets problematic; we just don't loving know. We all know that Trump is a dishonest, self-serving poo poo bag at this point already. Even if the Russia thing is all his staff and not him something shady that is going to sink him is going to come out. Absolutely nobody can survive this much scandal unscathed and of loving course people want to sabotage his presidency; what he promised to do was terrible.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

evilmiera posted:

I may have said this before but I sincerely hope there actually are recordings of this.

Just think, some day a shaky, hidden cell phone video of a demented old man shaking his fist at cable news may be in the national archives. Though if it's in portrait mode the guy who records it should be hung for treason.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Oh my God when some insane right winger kills that doctor for "being a dnc operative" people are going to say the killer was a dnc operative who killed him because people were getting too close to the truth.

The PizzaGate shooter was from minute one portrayed as a crisis actor and Dem. operative that was going to have a sham trial and not go to jail. He played the role to discredit the conspiracy.

Of course, the dumbass is gonna go away with hard time in a medium to high security federal prison, but the only thing that matters is that the conspiracy goes on.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Someone mentioned it here LOOONG ago but Trump is Cartman from the episode where he buys an amusement park. Except even more stupid.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

So does this mean we're definitely going to war with Iran now

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

All I'm seeing is he has a lot of books that didn't sell too well, some books that did pretty good, and a whole lot of golf resort incomes. Oh, and he was still collecting a pension from the Screen Actor's Guild

Edit: Oh and I guess I don't understand how reporting assets works in the US (being a EU guy) because I'm pretty sure you have to report the actual amount of a stock you own and its value and not list it as None(or below 1001 dollars) if your income from said asset is in the tens of thousands to a million.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jun 17, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Willo567 posted:

So does this mean we're definitely going to war with Iran now

No, it means there's continued infghting among Trump's merry band of fellows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Caros posted:

It's just so sublime.

A lot of people forget that Bill Clinton was impeached (or almost?) for lying to a Grand Jury. About a blow job.

However, that's not what it was originally about. The GOP led congress wanted to nail him for Whitewater, however it turned up to be nothing.

The whole thing with Ken Starr is freaking nuts but the point being any campaign ties could or could not be a thing, but I assure you that some really messed up will be found and it could end up much worse for Trump.

• Locked thread