Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

meatmccartney posted:

Is that some copypasta?

It's become copypasta since it was posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
Keepstar fight was kinda exciting as the timer kept ticking down when fleets got forced off grid. atleast modules and guns activated as expected compated to Vey.

Was not planing on playing for for 5 hours but making GBS threads in NCs cheerios is always worth it.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blasphemaster posted:

Im in hisec because I'm still rusty on a lot of things after being away for 8-9 years. Ill rejoin GSF once I'm confident I've got a handle on things again.

except you'll have an easier time learning in gsf

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

except you'll have an easier time learning in gsf

I suppose I can't argue with that. I think I saw a Goon corp specifically set up for getting into GSF when I was checking things out.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

iospace posted:

Ladies and Gents, I present

Peak Salt

(Yes I know it's reddit, shut up)

Pretty sure thats fake :thunk:

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

Blasphemaster posted:

Im in hisec because I'm still rusty on a lot of things after being away for 8-9 years. Ill rejoin GSF once I'm confident I've got a handle on things again.

I mean, I'm not in gsf, but 100% agree with the advice to get the hell out of high sec. Otherwise you're return will most likely be short-lived.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
GSF is a pretty good group, bunch of assholes and I hate 'em, but that's for in-game reasons. They're a good group to join.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Torabi posted:

How hard are the rogue swarm nests to do? My character has only around 7 million SP and not that strong. Also how hard are they to find? They claim that capsuleers of "all ages" can join the fight but I doubt my friends with <1 mil SP can join, can they?

You can break with an alpha tristan. You just need 110ish dps to break the battleship (if it spawns a bs)

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Chakan posted:

Everything I see about W-Space makes it sound like a daily time investment, but very fun, is that accurate? I know there's a goon w-space group, do they have stuff written about what it's like that I could look over?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzoJyLOcGuk&t=1s

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Blasphemaster posted:

Hmph. Someone bought out my auction contract for most of my Delve gear so I'm setting up a Projectile Dominix for HiSec L4s.

So...Sentry Drones are pretty much Drop in Place sniper turrets that I'll switch out for Scouts as necessary.(?) I draw aggro and snipe with my artillery as the drones tear up stuff that tries to get close and the MTU grabs the goodies. Orbit the sentries so I'm not a sitting duck, Dual Energized Nanos(or one with a Damage Control 2?) with a mission specific hardener and a T2 repper for survivability. Cap recharge modules and such till stable, fill out the rest with drone upgrades.

Man this CCP tomfoolery is almost like the developer version of a Benny Hill chase.

oh dear

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

this is a shockingly accurate portrayal of the day to day existence of hole squad

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

What's what I thought when I exploded. :v:

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

Blasphemaster posted:

They are doing really well at the moment. For a while things were on a slight low but we always bounce back woth a vengeance.

:)

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

iospace posted:

Ladies and Gents, I present

Peak Salt

(Yes I know it's reddit, shut up)

This just made my day.

MrPeanut
Mar 11, 2005

My word!
Here's my idea. I want to be an arms manufacturer/pirate who ganks miners to get free materials. Is this even feasible? I'm trying to look up "faction hit" on PVP and I'm having trouble with the results.

Also any good guides out there specific to profit margins, skills to take, path to go and where to mine?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

MrPeanut posted:

Here's my idea. I want to be an arms manufacturer/pirate who ganks miners to get free materials. Is this even feasible? I'm trying to look up "faction hit" on PVP and I'm having trouble with the results.

Also any good guides out there specific to profit margins, skills to take, path to go and where to mine?

Its certainly a possible play style, there are much more profitable ways of going about it certainly but that sounds like it'd be fun in a "no market allowed" kind of way

dodkalm
Nov 27, 2012

This is still my favorite holesquad video other than zucchini

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

MrPeanut posted:

You'll need a ship scanner, a max skilled refinery character ideally with an astrahaus and a freighter, and a swarm of gank catalysts.

Basically it all comes down to math on your ganks look for the lazy miners, the orca who is solo mining a belt, or obvious multi boxers.

This is your best bet as anyone else has a fairly high chance of costing you more than you gain.

Also choose what you recycle your goods into carefully since you can lose a lot of profit if you spend your ore and minerals on something stupid like t1 mining lazers.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Worlds Smuggest posted:

You'll need a ship scanner, a max skilled refinery character ideally with an astrahaus and a freighter, and a swarm of gank catalysts.

Basically it all comes down to math on your ganks look for the lazy miners, the orca who is solo mining a belt, or obvious multi boxers.

This is your best bet as anyone else has a fairly high chance of costing you more than you gain.

Also choose what you recycle your goods into carefully since you can lose a lot of profit if you spend your ore and minerals on something stupid like t1 mining lazers.

Please stop.

Worlds Smuggest
Mar 13, 2010

I can't :negative:

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Blasphemaster posted:

When I haven't driven for a while, I practice driving bumper cars at the local carnival before driving in the city.

colonp
Apr 21, 2007
Hi!

Carth Dookie posted:

Being webbed actually makes you align out faster.
While getting webbed can get you to proper align faster, it can also do the opposite, or nothing related to align time, depending on the circumstances.

colonp fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 17, 2017

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

MrPeanut posted:

As a viable 'career path' in Eve, it's not really going to work. But there's a few interesting highsec gimmicks you can play with that get you close to this, like can flipping in a battle-industrial, or MTU baiting in belts or whatever.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

sounds gay af

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mortlock
May 16, 2014

MrPeanut posted:

Instead of aiming for miners aim for haulers. The amount of expensive poo poo that gets hauled in an autopiloting t1 hauler is hilarious.

Put a scanner character on a main hub gate. Have a ganker on the other side. (I liked to use vexors) and a cloaky hauler with stabs.

When you scan a ship with good potential loot then gank him once he lands on the next gate. Warp down grab the loot.

Rinse and Repeat.

There are guides for this on the GSF forums i beleive.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Daandrah posted:

Instead of aiming for miners aim for haulers. The amount of expensive poo poo that gets hauled in an autopiloting t1 hauler is hilarious.

Put a scanner character on a main hub gate. Have a ganker on the other side. (I liked to use vexors) and a cloaky hauler with stabs.

When you scan a ship with good potential loot then gank him once he lands on the next gate. Warp down grab the loot.

Rinse and Repeat.

There are guides for this on the GSF forums i beleive.

This requires 3-5 accounts, a fair amount of start-up capital and a mild case of autism.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

MrPeanut posted:

you want to gank things for profit? shoot people who have blingy ships. ratters. the thing with minerals and manufacturing is that the things people boat around are high volume and low value, comparatively. i mean like yeah you can find quite a bit of minerals doing that stuff but the real problem is getting all of that volume somewhere useful and then doing something with it, which takes time or money, and enroaches on your margins.

shooting ratters is good old classic pvp and its not only fun in its own right it can seriously have good returns. people fit blingy poo poo all the time for no reason. like a single faction or deadspace module is going to be worth more than a hauler worth of minerals you don't need bling to gank bling, you just need to have a truffle pig or know where the ratters are and how to get them

yeah there's no gurantee that they aren't poors in poverty fit ships (most people are) but its not like you are fighting better odds ganking in highsec

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand this drone incentive thingy going on. The sites bounty are rear end, solo'ed. The salvage is poo poo skins (lol) and that training time accelerator booster is nearly drat useless on a char with high SP. Could they not have jacked up the bounties or something? You could do better with the regular L4 missions.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

R-Type posted:

I don't understand this drone incentive thingy going on. The sites bounty are rear end, solo'ed. The salvage is poo poo skins (lol) and that training time accelerator booster is nearly drat useless on a char with high SP. Could they not have jacked up the bounties or something? You could do better with the regular L4 missions.

Pretty sure the incentives are simply supposed to be the skins and accelerator, not the actual ISK. I just use the sites as nice bait in lowsec, sit like 10K off in a Stratios, surprise buttsex unsuspecting carebears.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

MrPeanut posted:

If you want to make money from solo pvp, hunt exploration frigates. Its easier than ganking. All you need is a pvp ship with web and scram, a scout alt, and the ability to anchor warp disruption bubbles. I have a scout in QBQ, a drag bubble in QSM setup to catch targets in QSM warping from the QBQ gate to the 36n gate. When I see a target jump into QSM I count to five to give them time to enter warp then login my pvp guy. What happens from their perspective is they jump into an empty system, enter warp, and find me waiting in the bubble like a spider. You don't even need an expensive ship to do this.
https://zkillboard.com/kill/61397879/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/61397627/
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Catch/QSM-LM#jumps

If this is something that interests you I can go into more detail. If the idea of watching netflix on one monitor while keeping an eye on your other monitor for prey interests you its pretty fun.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 18, 2017

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Reverand maynard posted:

If you want to make money off pvp especially solo pvp hunt exploration frigates. Set up along a pipe with a scout, drag bubble, and a logged of ship of any close range frigate and you can easily solo kill asteros with a shitload of exploration loot.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/61397879/
https://zkillboard.com/kill/61397627/

You can even use the loot to build rigs if you want to do your get kills and get minerals fantasy. much easier to transport too.

yeah this. hell you don't even need a logged off ship, but don't forget the decloak cans otherwise you're not going to catch anything. just make sure that it's not in dscan range of anything

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

R-Type posted:

How is it bad for characters with high SP? Its super efficient compared to injectors.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

nigga crab pollock posted:

yeah this. hell you don't even need a logged off ship, but don't forget the decloak cans otherwise you're not going to catch anything. just make sure that it's not in dscan range of anything

the logged off ship is why its called a zero man gatecamp because its impossible to dodge unless they have a scout, someone else has come into local, or they are autistic about never warping from gate to gate.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I wish there were event skins and the only way to get them was to do the event yourself. As in you didn't get them as loot they were just automatically in your skins database or wahtever its called.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I need to simply shut the gently caress up. I pulled 10 nu-plex drop off a boss drone. Not too shabby.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

FranktheBank posted:

How is it bad for characters with high SP? Its super efficient compared to injectors.
Definitely, especially if you have Biology trained for it:

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
I'm aiming for a covert ops ship so me and some friends can fly around in null/WH and mess with people but I don't know if I should train bombing skills or just go for just regular weaponry. If I train to become a bomber I'll just drop my bomb and warp out instead of staying and fighting with my friends.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Torabi posted:

I'm aiming for a covert ops ship so me and some friends can fly around in null/WH and mess with people but I don't know if I should train bombing skills or just go for just regular weaponry. If I train to become a bomber I'll just drop my bomb and warp out instead of staying and fighting with my friends.

Go for drones. The Astero and Stratios are expensive, but they're probably the best covert ops capable ships for blowing up mans, and they both use drones. (Ignore any laser bonuses.)

My favorite exploration fit astero has a point, an ancillary armor rep, and light drones, along with the normal data and relic analyzer. This way you can creep up on nerds in wormhole sites in frigates and gently caress their poo poo up, then steal their site.

Stealth bombers are good at being a dick to defenseless ships, but are hot garbage at actual fights longer than a volley or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Astero is also a drat good scout ship all around. The only real disadvantage an Astero has is it can't fit combat probes without sacrificing the entirety of your lows (and the price tag). A T3c, at the moment, is a good ship for scouting if you're thinking you might find something big to kill and/or want to blops cyno.

• Locked thread