Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Oh I see aBagorn. I don't think they would go for Jimmy Butt if they signed Gordo Haywand. But that's just me, a simple man, an american patriot, proud, because at least I know I'm free, and I won't cheer, for a canadian player, because carl towns dont play D, and Ill gladly stand up, at the Q, and kiss the boobie gibson statue still today, and I'm so proud, I love this land, ball bless, the NBAAaaa

Man his simple draft totem of taking southern shooting guards from SEC and deep south schools who are pretty athletic and can shoot just paid out like 80% of the time. Joe Dumars was a master value drafter, if he hadn't hosed up with Darko people would think of him as the best drafting GM of the last generation. He picked Afflalo, Khris Middleton, and Amir Johnson, Jonas Jerebko(Who was amazingly athletic in addition to his shooting before he tore his achilles), and Mehmet Okur in the 2nd round, he picked Amir with the last pick or second to last pick. He picked Tayshaun Prince 23rd, Jason Maxiell 26th, Andre Drummond 9th. He got so much value per pick with only one pick above 7 ever, drafting a superstar, or a supercar, oh my god, he was rolling mane, he was rolling hard

he drafted my sworn enemy kyle singler he is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Not looking forward to this offseason as a Raps fan.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

KCP/Afflalo/Middleton was a really great hit rate, also i remember when they were developing Amir Johnson and just let him take 10,000 shots a game in the d league.

after seeing some of the names the team is working out now i would actually be thrilled if they just straight up got Donovan Mitchell i think. i don't know if i trust SVGs drafting at all.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

he drafted my sworn enemy kyle singler he is bad

You'll remember that Kyle Singler was a solid player when allowed to handle the ball and intiate offense in Detroit, promising enough to be part of the Reggie Jackson trade (or the Stan getting rid of every single player Joe Dumars drafted except the obvious star lottery pick types after gutting the front office down to the training staff because he and Tom Gores are both black-haired pot-bellied fucks) It was being forced into the role of spot up shooter and living in the worst state in America that destroyed him as a human being

The Nets should trade a late 2nd round pick for Kyle Singler

rabidsquid posted:

KCP/Afflalo/Middleton was a really great hit rate, also i remember when they were developing Amir Johnson and just let him take 10,000 shots a game in the d league.

after seeing some of the names the team is working out now i would actually be thrilled if they just straight up got Donovan Mitchell i think. i don't know if i trust SVGs drafting at all.

His pattern so far is to draft anyone who shot in college and handled the ball a little bit regardless of important tools and context questions, and drafted players who may have slipped from late first to early second because of college injuries, and it's netted Darrun Hilliard, Michael Gbinje, Henry Ellenson, and Spencer Dinwiddie. What a pack of alpha males, what a stud farm he's got going. To be fair, Hillard looked like a potential 10th man at times and Gbinje was hurt. But MV called Ellenson sucking straight away and he's continued to do that everywhere but Summer league and the D league. Dinwiddie is a clarion call to all GMs, don't loving pick a tall pg whose only special tool is his height. It doesn't work. I love moustache Dinwiddie though and I hope he develops a three so he can stay in the NBA. Van Gundy is a stupid rear end in a top hat who got rid of some of the best scouts in the NBA so guys from Orlando could continue their mediocrity in a colder city.

Based on that pattern I would guess he drafts :mad: Kennard or :kiss: Donovan Mitchell. Maaaybe Zach Collins if they realize how bad Ellenson is \

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 17, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

When Ainge was a kid he was told one in the hand is worth two in the bush and took the wrong meaning from it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

You'll remember that Kyle Singler was a solid player when allowed to handle the ball and intiate offense in Detroit, promising enough to be part of the Reggie Jackson trade (or the Stan getting rid of every single player Joe Dumars drafted except the obvious star lottery pick types after gutting the front office down to the training staff because he and Tom Gores are both black-haired pot-bellied fucks) It was being forced into the role of spot up shooter and living in the worst state in America that destroyed him as a human being

The Nets should trade a late 2nd round pick for Kyle Singler

sir if he lived in mississippi that was his choice

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Tom Gores had an affair...with his brother's wife.

That's some low down dirty rear end poo poo.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

sir if he lived in mississippi that was his choice

:grovertoot: So now you're going insult the gulf coast after so many lost their livelihoods due to the deepwater horizon oil spill :hydrogen: :nono:

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Tom Gores had an affair...with his brother's wife.

That's some low down dirty rear end poo poo.

He's a loving piece of poo poo and is partially responsible for all the time you've had to spend navigating automated phone trees :honk:
Bill Davidson and all the workers who died due to exposure to volatiles at your tire factory RIP

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 17, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/875869250598182914

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Makes too much sense

Of course garpax wants okafor

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FREE OKAFOR

from the Sixers

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
God drat, Boston is in love with it's garbage players.

Take Fultz and move someone else.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

:grovertoot: So now you're going insult the gulf coast after so many lost their livelihoods due to the deepwater horizon oil spill :hydrogen: :nono:

No I'm insulting that piece of trash state that resides by the gulf. Kyle Singler the Mississippi of NBA players

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Tell me about Terrence Ferguson.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

it's like he knows.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Terrence Ross

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dejan Bimble posted:

Based on that pattern I would guess he drafts :mad: Kennard or :kiss: Donovan Mitchell. Maaaybe Zach Collins if they realize how bad Ellenson is \

i have no faith that the team wont pass on Collins simply because of the "log jam" with Ellenson and Leuer. i mean i hope they recognize that's not a reason to pass on him, but i dont have any real faith that Stan isn't going to stick with his out of their depth guys

i hope the rumors of Kennard going to Charlotte are true so SVG doesnt have the temptation to gently caress this up, but i would like to think if there was a choice between him and Mitchell that the defensive possibilities of Mitchell would endear him to SVG

edit: theres a rumor the pistons might want to move up to get dennis smith jr which would be great to me, if they're not able to assemble an actual functioning lineup just trying to set up a pick and roll offense without reggie jackson would be an improvement on what the team currently has going on.

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 17, 2017

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

euphronius posted:

Terrence Ross

Haha that's interesting cause a mock or two has Toronto taking him. Ugh. I think I'd rather have Anunoby unless there's a really good shooter available.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

euphronius posted:

Terrence Ross

Hm. JR Smith you say...

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

El Gallinero Gros posted:

When we do player comps we're usually just using an accessible archetype to fill in the big gaps left when you haven't observed someone, but he is Terrence Ross. They could be brothers. We don't know if he'll be a rich man's T Ross, a poor man's, or something else, but he was not good in Australia this year, but to be fair that league is physical and the 2 or 3 other NBA rotation players who went there instead of college didn't look like anything in their rookie seasons in the ABL.

He's an incredibly agile and athletic and long wing who has a great jumper, but the only other thing he can do is make straight line drives toward the rim. No defense, no passing, no special handle, but he's got Tools baby, and maybe you get lucky and he works hard in the G league, and becomes a steal, now that he's being mocked to good teams at the bottom pf the first. What if he falls to the Warriors and becomes the player who gives them an excuse to trade Klay Thompson in 2 years. (There is .0001% chance of that happening). What if he replaces Danny Green with an all star level shooter and defender for the Spurs?

I'm overplaying the possibilities. Odds are that if he makes it as an NBA player, it will be as a backup shooter who occasionally makes huge dunks off of cuts and alley oops

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

all of this terrifies me

just pick fultz, ffs

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This thread has reminded me that Henry Ellenson exists and lmao

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

When we do player comps we're usually just using an accessible archetype to fill in the big gaps left when you haven't observed someone, but he is Terrence Ross. They could be brothers. We don't know if he'll be a rich man's T Ross, a poor man's, or something else, but he was not good in Australia this year, but to be fair that league is physical and the 2 or 3 other NBA rotation players who went there instead of college didn't look like anything in their rookie seasons in the ABL.

He's an incredibly agile and athletic and long wing who has a great jumper, but the only other thing he can do is make straight line drives toward the rim. No defense, no passing, no special handle, but he's got Tools baby, and maybe you get lucky and he works hard in the G league, and becomes a steal, now that he's being mocked to good teams at the bottom pf the first. What if he falls to the Warriors and becomes the player who gives them an excuse to trade Klay Thompson in 2 years. (There is .0001% chance of that happening). What if he replaces Danny Green with an all star level shooter and defender for the Spurs?

I'm overplaying the possibilities. Odds are that if he makes it as an NBA player, it will be as a backup shooter who occasionally makes huge dunks off of cuts and alley oops

I think the fact that he can't play d or pass for poo poo just makes me prefer Anunoby more, every scouting report I read talks about his defensive ability already being NBA quality and he's a strong offensive rebounder. Because Toronto's main options are volume scorers I think that's important. Obviously in this draft we're not gonna get much value at #23 unless Ujiri can pull a fast one. Might as well grab a guy who can add qualities your team needs.

Keep in mind I'm largely going by scouting reports, I've watched VERY little CBB.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
DO ITTTTTT YESSSSSSSSSDSSSSSSSSD

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

lol pranked

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol you got adarned

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

drafting a superstar, or a supercar, oh my god, he was rolling mane, he was rolling hard

reference for folks who weren't throwing back tic tacs and touching their faces to dance-hop in the mid to late 00s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esn1h85Wmy8

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bulls are going to end up trading jimmy straight up for okafor and throw in a second round pick to boot and i am going to burn down the united center, fbi please note that i am performing internet satire, i am going to build a scale model of the united center and i am going to do a controlled burn of it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Ainge getting even more picks that he will try very hard to trade for a star, and it's defintiely gonna happen this time you guys

(Just gonna keep making this joke to cope with the pain of knowing Hayward is gonna sign there)

Woj using his "repeat what the agent says" voice made it sound pretty unlikely in that last podcast, if that's any comfort to you. Basically he would need to be extremly wowed and he feels more loyalty to Quinn that Stevens at this point. I dunno.

As far as the other stuff, if the Sixers can end up swinging this, more power to them. I knew when the Celtics got 1 that something goofy could happen, although I hoped it would be something goofy in the Lakers favor.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
I think Boston's plan for next year is Michael Porter and either Deandre Ayton or Mo Bamba assuming they keep their lick from the Nets.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Also, a rumor from reddit sourced from ESPN radio is that the Suns are pushing hard to get the #2 pick from the Lakers

So yeah, it would be pretty hilarious if the NBA rigged the draft for the Lakers and Celtics, and they both traded out of their spots

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I want a Ball and Booker backcourt more than anything for Big Baller reasons

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

The Glumslinger posted:

Also, a rumor from reddit sourced from ESPN radio is that the Suns are pushing hard to get the #2 pick from the Lakers

So yeah, it would be pretty hilarious if the NBA rigged the draft for the Lakers and Celtics, and they both traded out of their spots

If it's a rumored Suns deal where they get back into the 2018 draft, I do it without hesitation. If it's one where they end up with like Brandon Knight, well, the only bright side is that if the Lakers are dumb enough to pick Ball, it's at least a more defensible (but still 4 spots too high) pick at 4 and at least they got Knight out of it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The Glumslinger posted:

Who do the Suns want at #2? Jackson?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It'd be weird if the Celtics

1) Wanted to draft Jackson
2) Wanted to move other assets for Butler/George
3) Had their eye on signing Hayward in free agency
4) Wanted to keep Jaylen Brown

Right? Like, for all the fretting people did about Fultz + Isaiah playing together, the Celtics are strongly connected to way too many wings, especially considering the current makeup of their roster. My instinct is that Ainge just had the opportunity to get more Assets and was unable to resist

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I don't know how to feel about this!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
3rd pick, the Laker's 2018, and Okafor for Fultz?

Jota posted:

DO ITTTTTT YESSSSSSSSSDSSSSSSSSD

I hope they don't have to include their own 2018 pick too, but I'd be ok with that.

Beller
Apr 9, 2009
It's going to be really funny if Lonzo turns out to be the best player in this draft.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
There's speculation that Fultz agreed to a competitive workout just to show Lonzo up. The the special Lonzo workout was them following him around for four hours and watching his routine. In a year of embarrassment this ranks up there.

Beller posted:

It's going to be really funny if Lonzo turns out to be the best player in this draft.

If miracles are funny, sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

hot take guys, in kind of super ok with the Celtics taking that trade.

• Locked thread