Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Jesus Bok is a poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Didn't no one die but the shooter? Also that second panel could mean anything.

Scalise remains in critical condition, last I heard, so he's not out of the woods yet.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The point of pairing those was that conservatives immediately went HOW DARE YOU POLITICIZE THIS in response to the Giffords shooting, and with the Scalise shooting they IMMEDIATELY politicize it. If the situation was flipped you'd have the standard Ramirez with vultures labelled POLITICS DEMOCRATS and MSM flying around some bodies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FreeKillB posted:

Scalise remains in critical condition, last I heard, so he's not out of the woods yet.

Ah. Well, that's a bit more serious than I thought.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Should Scalise die, what happens to his role in various house committees?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Since Hodgkinson died in the shootout, they'd go to his next of kin

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

I think the Governor has to call for a special election to replace a representative, although I'm not sure if that replacement would also inherit his other duties.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Sandpuppy posted:

She ran a PAC ad that used crosshairs to target Giffords and others in red districts that voted for the ACA:

She was also running with the slogan, "Don't retreat, reload!" at the time.

Discendo Vox posted:

Committees have a set number of majority/minority seats, so the Republican Conference would just appoint someone else.

FronzelNeekburm fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 16, 2017

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lurdiak posted:

I think the Governor has to call for a special election to replace a representative, although I'm not sure if that replacement would also inherit his other duties.
I would think not. Committee memberships of his would go to existing Republican reps with seniority.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Johnny Walker posted:

I would think not. Committee memberships of his would go to existing Republican reps with seniority.

Such a confusing system. You should instead follow the simple model of government that Canada has *intense headache occurs at the mention of a Governor General*

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

All too easy

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

the_steve posted:

Well obviously it was either a lone nut or a false flag attack secretly perpetrated by Dems.
Plus, that was brown people, and they don't really count anyways. It was probably counterterrorism in that case.

And why are you so quick to point out he was a Trump supporter anyways? Way to try to politicize this.

I'm being facetious. Please do not take me seriously

Personally I think we should show the republican victims the same respect and concern they usually show mass shooting victims. So the whole thing is clearly faked to ban guns and smear the left. Scalise who? I never heard of the guy, probably a crisis actor. The whole thing's fake as poo poo. They telegraphed the poo poo out of it prior to staging it by flipping out over Kathy Griffin and Julius Caesar. The GOP's coming for your guns by faking bullshit like this baseball game nonsense. 66-year old "bernie bro?" lol fake.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ularg posted:

"Punch a Nazi" now something conservative cartoonists actually think is a bad thing.

Now?

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Pants Donkey posted:

Ramirez with vultures labelled POLITICS DEMOCRATS and MSM flying around some bodies.

Ah yes, the McCoy Charleston classic.

First cartoon he put out after that little affair.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Holy poo poo, that was over Charleston? Yes, why are people bringing politics and race into a Confederate and apartheid sympathizer shooting up a black church as part of a self-declared race war. :thunk:

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It's like you'll never like liberals regardless of what they say!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

*Пятая

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jesus, Garrison, Delonas and Bok all drew the same loving cartoon regarding Scalise.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Jesus is a political cartoonist?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

seiferguy posted:

Jesus, Garrison, Delonas and Bok all drew the same loving cartoon regarding Scalise.

Jesus is a political cartoonist now? Wasn't the crucifixion bad enough?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

ToxicFrog posted:

Jesus is a political cartoonist now? Wasn't the crucifixion bad enough?

They all have their breaking point. Jesus was crucified, Tinsley attended a graduation ceremony, Kirschen failed his Tippy the Turtle submission...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Jesus is a political cartoonist?

Whoops. I'm leaving that typo, it's too good.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Proof that sentence structure and not the Oxford comma is what determines sentence clarity.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Soros is the one.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Is this not based on the idea that Walmarts were secretly going to be FEMA work/imprisonment/death camps and their towers were actual guard towers or something? I remember hearing about this years ago.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The people don't seem to be forced to go in, it just looks like a zombie apocalypse happened and Soros arranged for FEMA to provide and protect the survivors.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Shangri-Law School posted:

Proof that sentence structure and not the Oxford comma is what determines sentence clarity.

An ellipse would have saved the day. Take THAT creative writing course!

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

Is this not based on the idea that Walmarts were secretly going to be FEMA work/imprisonment/death camps and their towers were actual guard towers or something? I remember hearing about this years ago.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

What is it about FEMA that caused it of all things to form these conspiracies?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

So GOP senators can't die, but its a good think when soldiers go crazy and kill each other/themselves?

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

Trapezium Dave posted:

In essence, the conspiracy theorists believe that FEMA's role as disaster response is cover for their true purpose of assuming absolute martial-law-like authority in the wake of a disaster or crisis (secretly engineered by the government for plausible cause, of course) -- reducing America to another North Korea state of subjugated paranoia.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Trapezium Dave posted:

Something something trains full of plastic coffins something something death camps

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I first heard about the FEMA conspiracy on the X-Files in the 90s, was it new at the time or had it existed a long time before that?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Just saying, if you have to believe in a conspiracy theory the original Deus Ex plotline is a lot more entertaining.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Just saying, if you have to believe in a conspiracy theory the original Deus Ex plotline is a lot more entertaining.

The Deus Ex plot is poking fun about about two dozen real life conspiracy theories that were big in the 90s.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For some* reason in the 90s FEMA became the big conspiracy theory bugaboo.

*Democrat President

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Crocs and The Gap must not fall into enemy hands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Sandpuppy posted:

Crocs and The Gap must not fall into enemy hands!

We cannot allow a Gap gap!

• Locked thread