Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Solaris meets Chinatown would be crushingly depressing. Therefore, perfect. :fap:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Looks like a money tree.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Pants Donkey posted:

Dum dee dum dee dum...

Seriously though good work on pairing these up. It's depressing how easily these cartoonists flip from one argument to another depending on which side is involved.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

It's kinda hard to directly compare Hodgkinson with Loughner beyond "They both shot members of congress." Loughner was mostly worried about how people were using language to control people's minds. A better comparison would be Scott Roeder, a man who assassinated an abortion doctor the right wing media and pro-life movement constantly painted as a murderer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

endlessmonotony posted:

You should note both the people refusing to update the fire regulations and the people who went with the flammable cladding were all Tory party members.

You forgot to mention the borough Council which approved the plans, and is also overwhelmingly Tory. Plus the sitting Tory MP who filibustered against rules for new regulations. And the aforementioned rich cunts were almost certainly Tory voters, as Kensington and Chelsea was a Tory safe seat until this election.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Saw this on imgur, figured it would fit here. No idea who the artist is, though. Not good at reading signatures unless they come with a @Reagan.com address.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Crabtree posted:

Why a badly drawn tree through?

When they did the rebrand in the mid-to-late 2000s they were going through a phase of pretending they give a poo poo about the environment. Which didn't last very long after they got in government but the tree logo remains. The badly drawnness is I believe meant to make them look friendly and make you believe they are human beings who might have emotions from time to time. The leaves used to be green but at some unspecified time with little apparent fanfare (around 2014?) they changed to having the Union Jack on it in order to show their Patriotism i guess.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Alhazred posted:

I'm doing the same thing with my translations. For example, the original strip didn't reference the Lindbergh case but a famous Norwegian murder case where there's also a lot of unanswered questions.

Which case?

Also, I am now curious as to what the original Swedish original referenced. Palme murder?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ularg posted:

Saw this on imgur, figured it would fit here. No idea who the artist is, though. Not good at reading signatures unless they come with a @Reagan.com address.

It's by Oh Man, and for The Oregonian, so it was before October 2012. Looks like the date says 2011/1/20.

Angepain posted:

When they did the rebrand in the mid-to-late 2000s they were going through a phase of pretending they give a poo poo about the environment. Which didn't last very long after they got in government but the tree logo remains. The badly drawnness is I believe meant to make them look friendly and make you believe they are human beings who might have emotions from time to time. The leaves used to be green but at some unspecified time with little apparent fanfare (around 2014?) they changed to having the Union Jack on it in order to show their Patriotism i guess.

They copied that from Jacques Chirac, obviously.

Cat Mattress fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 16, 2017

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Moktaro posted:

Or the Orangemen of Syracuse University.

Interestingly, they're directly named for the order. Unlike the rest of the "Orange" stuff in New York, which merely has to do with historical Dutch ties.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Groke posted:

Which case?

Orderud

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

hrm.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm so happy that the media is running with Sessions being a racist keebler elf :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That second panel :allears:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Donald Trump is a child man. Powerful stuff.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I think we've hit peak JRRose.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

That is a wordy joke for not much pay-off.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I thought maybe it was a fluke, but nope, Tinsley's just openly hating on students of any kind now. His scorn isn't even reserved for college anymore, he's hating on children in public schools.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lord Hydronium posted:

I think we've hit peak JRRose.

What's amazing is, wasn't The Sorcerer's Apprentice a lazy fuckup who hosed up by trying to be even lazier?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Iron Crowned posted:

What's amazing is, wasn't The Sorcerer's Apprentice a lazy fuckup who hosed up by trying to be even lazier?

Yeah, he used powers beyond his control and it turned into an unmitigated disaster.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

Yeah, he used powers beyond his control and it turned into an unmitigated disaster.

Until the Sorcerer returned and fixed it.

Come back, Barack! We need some of that black magic!

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Maybe we've been misreading this, and Tinsley is reflecting on his own academic accomplishments.

Edit: Guess there is no joke that won't go over the head of a goon. :shrug:

Rebel Blob fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 16, 2017

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

He's saying that the education system in the USA is completely broken, and should be abandoned immediately.

Also: isn't Mickey the most consistently popular choice for US president in the last 50+ years?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
I guess he ran out of room for that "Have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill" cartoon.

Payne gonna gently caress this chicken like Tinsley at a commencement speech.

Calmer than you are.

Kamensky's not having any of this 'Let's tone it down' business.

Also, I can't believe we didn't get a Trump cartoon about the blimp crashing at the US Open. Bloated bag of hot air..golf course..flaming wreck.. the metaphors were all teed up.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

I guess he ran out of room for that "Have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill" cartoon.

The Snoop Dogg panel reminded me why the latest Garrison cartoon had Snoop Dogg in it; lol at how mad they get at the tiniest slights

quote:

Calmer than you are.

That's odd, MSNBC-CNN-ABC CBS-NYT-WAPO is usually a pretty mellow strain

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Sandpuppy posted:

Calmer than you are.

I really loving hate Branco. What a hypocritical piece of poo poo.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

FFS, Branco. At least he redrew him, I guess.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

can't believe all these liberals advocating violence

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Grenfell Tower disaster – The government’s building safety experts warned last year that more and more buildings are being wrapped in materials that could go up in flames"

Telegraph:

Also Bob on his first holiday with his family.

Independent:

Tim Farron quits as Lib Dem leader

The i paper:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Didn't no one die but the shooter? Also that second panel could mean anything.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
"Punch a Nazi" now something conservative cartoonists actually think is a bad thing.

D.N. Nation posted:

can't believe all these liberals advocating violence

"The Left incites violence!"

*new pictures of gun nuts in roman armor and tacticool gear surrounding confederate monuments*

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Considering a Trump supporter actually shot up a Mosque this year, it is loving amazing that right-wing hacks have the gall to do this whole "dems are to blame for the shooting" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Lurdiak posted:

Considering a Trump supporter actually shot up a Mosque this year, it is loving amazing that right-wing hacks have the gall to do this whole "dems are to blame for the shooting" thing.

Well obviously it was either a lone nut or a false flag attack secretly perpetrated by Dems.
Plus, that was brown people, and they don't really count anyways. It was probably counterterrorism in that case.

And why are you so quick to point out he was a Trump supporter anyways? Way to try to politicize this.

I'm being facetious. Please do not take me seriously

• Locked thread