Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

well that's good, i was just about to double back and say the coyotes got sorta fleeced on a stupid deal to get a guy to expose.

coyotes have been loading up on goalies recently. domingue, hill, and now this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Giving up Madsen kinda sucks

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Giving up Madsen kinda sucks

yeah but it's not as if the well is otherwise dry on goalie prospects right now

which is a strange and foreign feeling, mind you, but yeah

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wish college teams had jerseys with the players name and number because I'm in Omaha for the weekend and the Omaha Mavericks just had their first two players win the cup (Jake and Archibald)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DJExile posted:

yeah but it's not as if the well is otherwise dry on goalie prospects right now

which is a strange and foreign feeling, mind you, but yeah

They wanted to dump Cousins, sure. But why throw in Madsen?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/azc_mclellan/status/875906187446829056

what???

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

They wanted to dump Cousins, sure. But why throw in Madsen?

They only had one more year to sign him and they probably weren't interested in doing so now that they have Carter Hart and Felix Sandstrom in the system that are considered much better prospects

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Somehow I never knew rings were removed although obviously that makes sense and now I feel stupid for not knowing.

They end up going to the Gret.... HHOF:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Cousins had a good end of 2016, didn't really do much this last season. I'm more surprised because I would have been betting on the Knights taking Weal, Raffle (if Raffle isn't protected) or Read over Cousins.

Or am I overrating Cousins?

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Duckman2008 posted:

Cousins had a good end of 2016, didn't really do much this last season. I'm more surprised because I would have been betting on the Knights taking Weal, Raffle (if Raffle isn't protected) or Read over Cousins.

Or am I overrating Cousins?

Yes. With either Nico/Nolan being drafted and Lindblom coming over from Sweden, it was doubtful he would have made the team out of camp anyway

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

These trade scenarios for stepan to the coyotes are ridiculous

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The Oilers home jersey may have been leaked

Like one important detail that was brought up in the blog post is that the teaser showed the collar as blue, and this collar is white, so it may only be a prototype. Which I hope it is, because that jersey looks worse than what they were wearing before.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

That orange still looks like sickly orange barf glow.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

That white collar is hideous

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
Where were the trades.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

a false posted:

Where were the trades.

Don't give up hope, there's still 12 and a half hours for trades!

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Kilza posted:

Like one important detail that was brought up in the blog post is that the teaser showed the collar as blue, and this collar is white, so it may only be a prototype. Which I hope it is, because that jersey looks worse than what they were wearing before.

Jeez what's going on around the entire neck area

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

This is the strangest thing about this deal.

I don't think a mediocre replacable third-liner is worth protecting.

As for the deal, the Flyers opened up a roster spot next season and got a pick out of it. I like it.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:laffo:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Something something salary floor maybe?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kilza posted:

That is so loving terrible.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

And we're off to a running start.

I really hope every collar isn't like that.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/876031216784474112

sounds like the blue jackets have agreed to a deal with vegas, their first rounder (#24) this year + a prospect and in exchange Vegas will draft one of Matt Calvert, Ryan Murray, or William Karlsson. David Clarkson might also go back the other way

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Aren't those three guys good too? Who were they worried about Vegas taking

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

William Karlsson, Joonas Korpisalo, or Josh Anderson

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
have they really given up on ryan murray already

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Kilza posted:

:lol:

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

a false posted:

have they really given up on ryan murray already

He's 5 years out of his draft year and never been good

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Can't stay healthy to save his life, and Jones/Werenski/Savard have passed him.

I like this deal if it includes moving Clarkson's contract as well.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Yo where the trades

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It's not surprising there have been almost no trades, and not just because timidity is apparently a job requirement to be an NHL GM. It's been a year since the expansion draft rules were known. Almost everyone made their arrangements with Vegas long ago, and almost every GM likely knows exactly what Vegas' roster is going to be.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/876031216784474112

sounds like the blue jackets have agreed to a deal with vegas, their first rounder (#24) this year + a prospect and in exchange Vegas will draft one of Matt Calvert, Ryan Murray, or William Karlsson. David Clarkson might also go back the other way

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Columbus is in a unique position in that most anybody they lose is decent-to-good in some role. Calvert and Karlsson are both 3rd/4th liners who make up the top PK unit; Calvert is good for 10+ goals a year usually despite where he plays and is probably the grittiest player on the team (if Hartnell goes away). Karlsson is defensively strong. The only reason I would want Murray kept is trade bait, because JMFJ-Savard was a solid pair last season.

If Vegas were to take Lukas Sedlak, they've dodged a massive bullet, but it doesn't look like he's part of the condition. No matter what happens, Clarkson's cap space being Vegas' problem allows Wennberg and Anderson to be re-signed.

Aye Doc posted:

William Karlsson, Joonas Korpisalo, or Josh Anderson

Word is it's Wennberg, not Karlsson, they're protecting, which is interesting because the two have been friends since Juniors and makes me wonder who their protected forwards are. My armchair list was Saad, Foligno, Dubinsky, Hartnell, Atkinson, Jenner, Wennberg.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
they lied about the trades

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's not surprising there have been almost no trades, and not just because timidity is apparently a job requirement to be an NHL GM. It's been a year since the expansion draft rules were known. Almost everyone made their arrangements with Vegas long ago, and almost every GM likely knows exactly what Vegas' roster is going to be.

except the ones that everyone was talking about for the last two days don't involve vegas at all

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/876082634383921152

Oh, okay, all the trades will just be after the expansion draft but before the entry draft then!

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Hey has anyone asked where da trades at?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/876082634383921152

Oh, okay, all the trades will just be after the expansion draft but before the entry draft then!

Also the trades will be for lovely players.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the trades were in our hearts all along

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So Vegas is going to take all the good unprotected goalies and try to shop them to teams that need one and end up like Dallas with half of their cap going to backup goalies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Anyone seen any good trades lately???

• Locked thread