Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Guy Goodbody posted:

I thought those games are called Kirby and Yoshi
they were referred to as (Working Title) in the treehouse stream (at least Yoshi was)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm surprised Kirby wasn't shown off

It looked playable enough

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

inferis posted:

Why does Pauline live in a city that memorializes her abuser?

Pauline herself puts the Donk in New Donk City. :grin:

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

lelandjs posted:

I tried playing Arms with a controller and I couldn't wrap my head around it at all. Motion controls make sense and are cool and good.

[Edit: the control scheme seems designed badly on purpose. The punches should be triggers, dodge and jump A/B, and special the bumpers.]

If you accept x and y instead of A and B, this is actually how it's set up. You can use the triggers or A/B to punch.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I thought those games are called Kirby and Yoshi

They'll get subtitles eventually.

They aren't mature and gritty reboots.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Kirby: Yoshi

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Donkey Kong is an animal and therefore cannot be an abuser. He's just enacting his normal behaviors.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
So how long will it likely be before a Switch. Emulator for Windows is up and playable? I want to play these games with all the bells and whistles?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

punk rebel ecks posted:

So how long will it likely be before a Switch. Emulator for Windows is up and playable? I want to play these games with all the bells and whistles?

Theft chat. Please show the thieves out!

Edit: I'm not scared of another mailing, I won't give up on what's right!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Switch is far too powerful a console to ever be emulated

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

someone would have to find one in stock before they could start to reverse engineer it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

15 years

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Back when the Switch was still the NX, I entertained the notion that it would be Nintendo's move toward a PC platform. They could have done like Steam and made an NXOS box available, but made the platform available to PC's at large. But then they made another weird console, so that's cool too.

It would be okay if I didn't need to buy new hardware to play Mario and Zelda though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Shut the hell up

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have a tablet that plays Switch games. And it even does it natively. It's called the Nintendo Switch and it rules.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

what the hell are you asking?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have a tablet that plays Switch games. And it even does it natively. It's called the Nintendo Switch and it rules.

Agreed, even has all the bells and whistles!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I wish Sony was a third party so I could buy god of war on steam. i think i'll post this over and over again in the various sony discussion places on the internet

e: got a notification that Newegg got switches in stock. went to see

:chloe:

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 17, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Do not pay over msrp for a switch, tia

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm going to trade my Switch in and buy the Pokemon themed Switch when the game launches

:10bux: says it's a Gen1 remake.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

I'm going to trade my Switch in and buy the Pokemon themed Switch when the game launches

:10bux: says it's a Gen1 remake.

I hope it's a new game in Pokemon Australia :allears:. Besides, they already have HD models for ALL the Pokemon. That's why they're all a little too detailed for the liking of the 3DS's hardware.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm hoping for an expansive open world with all or most pocket mans available to catch in one way or another in the game, I lost all my old ones when I forgot to renew my pokemon bank subscription. Didn't find out they were all gone until I got Sun and Moon. :smith:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Tin Star and Urban Champion were pretty niche. Thread title incorrect

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

I would rather play yoshi:kirby than Kirby:yoshi. All the yoshis seemed pretty cool and Kirby was just just out to ruin everyone's day because he woke up hungry or something

I also want to see what Kirby power I would get from a goomba

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I want Nidhogg 2 on the Switch.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

THE loving MOON posted:

I'm hoping for an expansive open world with all or most pocket mans available to catch in one way or another in the game, I lost all my old ones when I forgot to renew my pokemon bank subscription. Didn't find out they were all gone until I got Sun and Moon. :smith:

oh poo poo that's a thing?

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

Been playing ARMS with my brother all night and its super fun.

"Apparently there's a secret way to change your fighter's color when selecting one..." :eng101:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

cheese sandwich posted:

I would rather play yoshi:kirby than Kirby:yoshi. All the yoshis seemed pretty cool and Kirby was just just out to ruin everyone's day because he woke up hungry or something

I also want to see what Kirby power I would get from a goomba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGQHQc_3ycE&t=118s

Stacking power.

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
I suck at Arms. I'm struggling to beat a level 3 tournament. Ribbon Girl owned the poo poo out of me.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Arms is rad. I didn't know there would be boss fights in versus

puking pentagrams
May 6, 2017

ARMS is hard for sure. I've only been playing motion controls though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

inferis posted:

Why does Pauline live in a city that memorializes her abuser?

By becoming mayor, she has symbolically conquered her tormentor.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Donkey Kong probably didn't choose his name. It was probably his slave name

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

puking pentagrams posted:

Been playing ARMS with my brother all night and its super fun.

"Apparently there's a secret way to change your fighter's color when selecting one..." :eng101:

Hold the left stick in and then angle it down, left or right before selecting your character

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Kid cobra is sick to death, he's so fast

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Who is the OP Arms champ?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Strawberry Panda posted:

Who is the OP Arms champ?

Max Brass

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

oh poo poo that's a thing?

Yup. If you're like me and you signed up during the free period, forgot about it after you were done playing X and Y and never actually paid in the intervening years, all your banked pokemons are gone. I was pretty mad about it when I found out, I lost a Tentacruel that I had carried over from OG Saphire version :saddowns:

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Realtalk here
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071D3V38H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This switch stand has been brought up here before, and with good reason, its fantastic. Wanna charge and play? Want a portable stand that could take a bullet? Here ya go.

So What accessories outside of screen shields and battery packs actually kick rear end?

Gooseneck holders? Do they suck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bit of a Wii U throwback, here's Mark Brown talking about how Tropical Freeze's level design excelled by breaking a tried and true Nintendo convention.

https://youtu.be/JqHcE6B4OP4

• Locked thread