Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tried to reinstall The New Order but all I'm getting is a black screen on startup, a quick Google said it might have something to do with a lack of multi-monitor support, anyone have any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Taintrunner posted:

Tried to reinstall The New Order but all I'm getting is a black screen on startup, a quick Google said it might have something to do with a lack of multi-monitor support, anyone have any ideas?

Physically disconnect your other displays and see what happens.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Werix posted:

I also want to echo the sentiment that Wolf09 is a great loving game, and is my favorite Wolf game after TNO. It had a great World War Weird feel, and was really varied in the levels, from farm (with underground bunker) mental hospital, airship in the sky, etc.

I do wonder if they'll ever explore the supernatural in a "numbered" Wolfenstein game again.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I suspect the focus will be on more tech stuff from now on, with occasional dips into the supernatural like in Old Blood.

That said I would not be opposed to the idea of a mech-magic Deathshead.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

If nothing else The Old Blood showed that when you already have super Nazi death technology in your game zombies don't really seem that out of place.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Do I have to buy a disc to play Wolf 09

E: yes looks like it

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

General Battuta posted:

Do I have to buy a disc to play Wolf 09

E: yes looks like it

You do now. It was sold on Steam years ago, and if you bought it back then (Like I did) you can still download it.

Wish Bethesda/Zenimax would work out some deal with whomever has the publishing rights now.

Or maybe it got pulled for the same reason Alan Wake was recently pulled for, which was using licensed music and the license on the music expired.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Wolfenstein has done alchemy, super science robots, zombies, cthulu cults, so naturally the next thing should be either space alien nazis or lizard people from the center of the earth.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Wolfenstein has done alchemy, super science robots, zombies, cthulu cults, so naturally the next thing should be either space alien nazis or lizard people from the center of the earth.

Well there is that short film that about Space Alien Nazi Lizards that Neil Blomkamp just released on Steam. I smell a team up!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Don't forget the Golem!

I love how they invoke Jewish mythology in the newer games. Also, having the nazis reverse-engineer Jewish super science is a great way to drive home how opportunistic they are. The nazis in these games truly are awful, and I love them for it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

OhFunny posted:

All the Wolfsenstein games are on sale on Steam. If for some reason you haven't played the The New Order or The Old Blood you can fix this mistake for :10bux: each.

How short is The Old Blood? All the reviews seem to mention it being short.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Agrajag posted:

How short is The Old Blood? All the reviews seem to mention it being short.

Say about 6-7 hours on a first playthrough, closer to 4-5 if you've worked out its kinks after a few runs.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Arcsquad12 posted:

I don't remember the Cthulhu cults, which one was that? One of the RPGs?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Might be talking about Wolf '09, with the inter-dimensional stuff and tentacle monsters masquerading as fat Nazis.

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.

Taintrunner posted:

I grabbed The Old Blood on sale and I'm getting something similar - black screen for a moment then back to desktop. I only have the one (21:9) monitor though. Anyone have the same problem?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Taintrunner posted:

I had that issue but updating my drivers fixed it.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The Game Informer article for The New Colossus mentions that, at least at the the beginning, BJ is suffering from kidney failure after the ending of TNO. Can't wait for Wolfenstein 3 to be the video game version of Crank and have him killing Nazis to power up his Da'at Yichud artificial kidneys.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

BJ actually got kidney transplants from an unwilling Nazi donor while he was unconscious but due to habit, his body instantly began fighting the Nazi organs.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I feel like I read a preview that said Set Roth the Jewish Superscientist is dying of kidney failure at the start of the game, so don't count on his help for too much longer.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

It was probably the one I read.

quote:

Roth’s been separated from the group, and BJ immediately inquires where his lover Anya is. Roth says she’s fending off the Nazi advances with Kreisau Circle leader Caroline Becker. He tells BJ he’s been bedridden for five months and that his kidneys are failing – a dire predicament for the American war machine that keeps on ticking. Roth knows this won’t prevent BJ from piling up Nazi bodies on his way to Anya, so he gives BJ a map and indicates where he set microwave field traps around the U-boat. BJ can turn these on and off to vaporize unsuspecting invaders should they charge his wheelchair.

The way the sentence is structured made me assume it's talking about BJ.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Pwnstar posted:

BJ actually got kidney transplants from an unwilling Nazi donor while he was unconscious but due to habit, his body instantly began fighting the Nazi organs.

His blood cells are red,white AND blue! :911: Sorry,couldn't resist.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

GUI posted:

It was probably the one I read.

The way the sentence is structured made me assume it's talking about BJ.

The later comment about Frau Engel mocking BJ for pissing in a tube also leads to BJ having the problem.

Set also shows up later in the trailer with the monkey cat thing, so maybe he sticks around for a while.

Caroline, though... not looking good for her. :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GUI posted:

The Game Informer article for The New Colossus mentions that, at least at the the beginning, BJ is suffering from kidney failure after the ending of TNO. Can't wait for Wolfenstein 3 to be the video game version of Crank and have him killing Nazis to power up his Da'at Yichud artificial kidneys.

it would own if the game starts with you literally cutting kidney's out of a live nazi in order to get a transplant

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

kefkafloyd posted:

Caroline, though... not looking good for her. :(

Pour one out for Battle Grandma. :(

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

With BJ in her power armor at some point no, it doesn't look good. It would be a shame to kill her off after just 1 game though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I doubt that the "big choice" for divergent paths in this game will be choosing between Caroline/Fergus or Wyatt. More likely Caroline will be dead, and the big choice will be choosing which mission to do, since they said the variation will give you either the LKW again or the new Dieselkraftwerk. So maybe you save a refinery while a residential area dies or vice versa.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Kibayasu posted:

With BJ in her power armor at some point no, it doesn't look good. It would be a shame to kill her off after just 1 game though.

Two games but agreed.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
We don't know for certain that she's dead yet though. The chances aren't good, but if the resistance only has one suit of power armor it makes sense to prioritize BJ.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Taintrunner posted:

JohnnySavs posted:

I grabbed The Old Blood on sale and I'm getting something similar - black screen for a moment then back to desktop. I only have the one (21:9) monitor though. Anyone have the same problem?

Driver issue maybe?

I have 2 monitors, one of which is a 21:9, and The New Order launched with no problems after I reinstalled it.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
"There's a lot of things you can do with a hatchet and a Nazi"

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

White Coke posted:

We don't know for certain that she's dead yet though. The chances aren't good, but if the resistance only has one suit of power armor it makes sense to prioritize BJ.

I mean, yes, but at the same time it would have made more sense to prioritize BJ having the suit at the end of TNO and Caroline still got it then.

Like I want to believe she's still alive but...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing Wolf 09 and enjoying it so far.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm playing Wolf 09 and enjoying it so far.

And you will. The only complaint I ever had is the hub area starts to get a little Far Cry 2 where you've fought though this area (checkpoint) three times already and oh my god I just want to get to the next mission.

Though if memory serves as the game goes on stronger and stronger enemies populate the hub world, so it won't feel too samey.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Werix posted:

And you will. The only complaint I ever had is the hub area starts to get a little Far Cry 2 where you've fought though this area (checkpoint) three times already and oh my god I just want to get to the next mission.

Though if memory serves as the game goes on stronger and stronger enemies populate the hub world, so it won't feel too samey.

That may actually make it worse, imo, because by the end you've got those plasma guys with the backpacks you have to slow time and snipe out to kill (easily). The hub world was really my only negative experience with the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah so far the only thing that's bothering me is the pointlessly large hub area and gating unlocks behind collectibles which is kind of meh even if they are mostly easy to find.

On the other hand I just got the plasma gun and that noise :stare:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Humerus posted:

I mean, yes, but at the same time it would have made more sense to prioritize BJ having the suit at the end of TNO and Caroline still got it then.

Like I want to believe she's still alive but...

Caroline was completely crippled in TNO while BJ had survived being stabbed, munched by Panzerhunds, and getting shrapnel in the brain. Power armor would have been overkill.

Conversely, it looks like 16 years of muscle atrophy are finally about to catch up to BJ and Caroline is going to quite literally get the axe.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 18, 2017

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
What are the chances that each Wolf game will come with a big DLC centering around the Nazis and the paranormal? I really love that aspect of these games. We could have BJ going to Egypt, dealing with mummies and the Nazis unleashing curses, kinda like the first level of the console RTCW.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

BillBear posted:

What are the chances that each Wolf game will come with a big DLC centering around the Nazis and the paranormal? I really love that aspect of these games. We could have BJ going to Egypt, dealing with mummies and the Nazis unleashing curses, kinda like the first level of the console RTCW.

It's set in the US, so clearly we have to deal with Voodoo swamp curses.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

JohnnySavs posted:

Taintrunner posted:

I have the same issue, are you guys running AMD by chance? I've been reading a bunch of steam reviews that have said this game just plain isn't compatible with new AMD drivers and there is no word of them fixing it at all. I hope this isn't the case, I wanted to play these games after seeing The New Colossus and they don't run at all :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I'd like a DLC where you play as other characters, maybe set during the time BJ is in a coma.