Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ok, I will allow an anachronistic technology of up to a cylinder for storing audio to have been in Hamilton's hands, based on a design by Ben Franklin, and forged by the silversmith Paul Revere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
They have to make a Duke Nukem movie because there hasn't been any big John Carpenter/Evil Dead/Arnold flicks for them to take dialogue from for a long time so they're just cutting out the middleman for the next game.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Watch ash vs the evil dead if you want to know what a modern Duke nukem should be like.

The problem is Ash as a character is purposefully a macho buffoon and the show/films are very self aware about that. He's a magnificent bastard crossed with a trailer park lothario.

DN games on the other hand has always played it straight. I don't think I've ever seen the games ever have humor at his expense. He's basically a teenagers idea of how a macho man would command respect, fear, and the adoration of women for no reason at all other than being macho and crude.

If you tried to make Duke into Ash you'd alienate the very maladjusted men he appeals to in the first place.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The Tetris movie is just going to be Armageddon except instead of blowing up the asteroid they fly it into a row of asteroids in the correct position and they all disappear

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tars Tarkas posted:

The Tetris movie is just going to be Armageddon except instead of blowing up the asteroid they fly it into a row of asteroids in the correct position and they all disappear

In 2018

Ben Affleck

Won't Miss A Thing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Asteroids is never going to happen, they've been talking about it since 2009 and nothing has ever happened.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I want a Tetris movie in the same vein that War Games is a Tic-Tac-Toe movie.

Also in typing this I just beat google in a game of tic-tac-toe, the future is weird.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Phylodox posted:

Okay, but Lin-Manuel Miranda has to play the ghost of Alexander Hamilton.

NowI want the movie just for the hot takes about whitewashing the casting of Alexander Hamilton.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Duke wasn't all that anti-PC back in the day, aside from the stripper-tipping and referring to women as "babes" (and sort of a commodity). It was largely about Duke's comically exaggerated hyper-masculinity. Then Duke Forever had to get released and it's just other characters pathetically fellating you (occasionally literally) and just an incredibly gross and unfunny atmosphere.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Whoops!

quote:

In a complaint issued Thursday, the Justice Department claimed that tens of millions of dollars were diverted from a Malaysian government investment fund to produce "Dumb and Dumber To" and "Daddy's Home."

It's part of what prosecutors say was an enormous international fraud: Corrupt officials and financiers stole $4.5 billion from 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) between 2009 and 2015, laundering the money through a series of shell companies with bank accounts in the United States and abroad.

Similar to what happened with Wolf of Wall Street. Also CNN has autoplay videos because they are awful and dumb.

Imagine being someone whose money was stolen to make Dumb and Dumber To.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/15/media/dumb-and-dumber-daddys-home-malaysia-1mdb/index.html

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Al Borland Corp. posted:

No ghosts are allowed as this is all plausible, realistic adventure movie. He can be in flashbacks, however, that's completely acceptable.

Turns out Nic Cage is Hamilton's descendant and we relive Hamliton's part in the story through an Assassin Creed style genetic memory machine.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Neo Rasa posted:

They have to make a Duke Nukem movie because there hasn't been any big John Carpenter/Evil Dead/Arnold flicks for them to take dialogue from for a long time so they're just cutting out the middleman for the next game.
They should just rip off Halo and Weird Science, have Earth be overrun by weird pigcop aliens and cosmic horrors.

Deep under Area 69, a covert team of scientists genetically engineers the perfect fighting machine. But when someone's old 80s Action Movie usb gets lumped in with elite cybercommando training files, the Duke: NUKE-EM project gives birth to something amazing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I just hope the Duke Nukem movies ended with him becoming the Duke Nukem from Captain Planet.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Nic Cage find the corpse of Geronimo and brings it back to the Native, helping the President from the previous movie get rid of a nasty secret society in american politics (as hinted at the end of the second movie).

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Guy Mann posted:

NowI want the movie just for the hot takes about whitewashing the casting of Alexander Hamilton.

Nah. I want them to go all the way. Set it in the Zootopia universe and name it "Alexander Mammalton"

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Thundercracker posted:

Nah. I want them to go all the way. Set it in the Zootopia universe and name it "Alexander Mammalton"

I still wish they went with the idea for Zootopia of their "Disney" movies having tons of human characters instead of anthropomorphic animals. Like they when they were looking at the bootleg DVDs briefly you'd see The Lion King but it would be some dude standing on a cliff instead of Simba etc.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Joss Whedon's unused script for Wonder Woman got leaked, just in case you wondered what it would be like if the movie was way worse and also written by a foot fetishist. One of the few times the question of "Who greenlighted this poo poo?" is thankfully "nobody".

Neo Rasa posted:

I still wish they went with the idea for Zootopia of their "Disney" movies having tons of human characters instead of anthropomorphic animals. Like they when they were looking at the bootleg DVDs briefly you'd see The Lion King but it would be some dude standing on a cliff instead of Simba etc.

The joke of a civilization of ocean-faring cats is way better imho.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Quentin Tarantino worked with Joss Whedon on Wonder Woman?

Edit: Reading the actual article, I've never read a Whedon script before, but there seems to be a lot of descriptive language of small moments, when most scripts I've read are like 80% dialog.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 17, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MacheteZombie posted:

a hologram stored on crystals activated by blood magic Nic Cage being awesome then

Sleepy Hollow on FOX had a Holo-Jefferson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YfFVILf2SU

Tars Tarkas posted:

Similar to what happened with Wolf of Wall Street. Also CNN has autoplay videos because they are awful and dumb.

Imagine being someone whose money was stolen to make Dumb and Dumber To.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/06/15/media/dumb-and-dumber-daddys-home-malaysia-1mdb/index.html

Some of those were technically my money! I'm so sorry.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Rirse posted:

I just hope the Duke Nukem movies ended with him becoming the Duke Nukem from Captain Planet.

He runs for President and then it turns into Saints Row 4.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Thundercracker posted:

Unless you make it like bare faced satire where Duke thinks he's constantly winning while the world is collapsing around him.

So, the first ten minutes of Team America, but a movie.

Yeah, I'm down for that.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I call him Duke Nuke Them, because nicknames are for friends and Duke is no friend of mine.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Guy Mann posted:

I call him Duke Nuke Them, because nicknames are for friends and Duke is no friend of mine.

Keeeeep the chaunnnnnnge!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Skwirl posted:

Quentin Tarantino worked with Joss Whedon on Wonder Woman?

In the commentary for Serenity, when the camera is focused in on Summer Glau's bare feet, he says "if the Serenity is the 10th member of the crew, then River's feet are the eleventh." It's a half joking comment, but yeah, he does it enough that he felt the need to comment on it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Davros1 posted:

In the commentary for Serenity, when the camera is focused in on Summer Glau's bare feet, he says "if the Serenity is the 10th member of the crew, then River's feet are the eleventh." It's a half joking comment, but yeah, he does it enough that he felt the need to comment on it.

There's foot fetish and there's foot fetish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNg6v-mL_o0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDiny43nx3Y&t=170s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v_5GBpnBWc

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Was it Grindhouse/Death Proof when most people sorta sussed this out? Because I find that's when he REALLY calls attention to it, which in turn is kind of a self indictment since the film is partly about a man imposing his desires on women.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Was it Grindhouse/Death Proof when most people sorta sussed this out? Because I find that's when he REALLY calls attention to it, which in turn is kind of a self indictment since the film is partly about a man imposing his desires on women.

Among people who like and watch Quentin Tarantino movies, if you didn't figure it out after Kill Bill 1 you're a very dumb person. I refer you back to the "wiggle your big toe" scene I already posted.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really don't understand foot fetishists. Like I just can't see how anyone could look at feet and find them attractive in any way.

Anyway, Jada Pinkett Smith is apparently not very happy with the Tupac biopic. Basically saying that the movie just plain makes up a bunch of scenes involving her relationship with him.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The snake dance in that vampire one too?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

got any sevens posted:

The snake dance in that vampire one too?

Tarantino literally rewrote that scene to allow him to suck on some toes once he found out Salma Hayek was going to be in it.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

muscles like this! posted:

I really don't understand foot fetishists. Like I just can't see how anyone could look at feet and find them attractive in any way.

Fetishes are illogical and arbitrary by definition, there isn't really anything to understand about them. The idea that they have some deep symbolic significance or offer insight into a person's personality or background is popular among writers for obvious reasons but it has no real basis in reality.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

There's nothing to get, some people like feet more than tits or rear end.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

GBS is making fun of feet right now and apparently, there is actual evidence of brain dysfunction in foot fetishists that indicate it's not absolutely uh, normal. Something about the areas where the body 'maps' itself. erogenous zones and feet are very, very close together and crosstalk between the parts apparently happens in some people in a way that doesn't happen with a lot of other fetishism

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
o drat well if the scientists down at GBS say so

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

o drat well if the scientists down at GBS say so

there were links dude, going to a real source. go find them. the thread is funny anyway, this isn't worth a total derail here.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm going to go see The Mummy despite the ratings because I really want to see where they drive this thing, even if it is off a cliff. I just want to see what Monster Avengers would even look like.

Speaking of which is the original Mummy franchise the weakest of the Universal line? I powered through the Blu-Rays last weekend and the later sequels kind of suck, more than I would have expected. The first two are both good, the third is alright, and the last two are worse retreads of the third. The titles also have gently caress all to do with anything in the plot. Bride of Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, and Dracula's Daughter at least adequately describe what they're about.

Edit: Oh, and they further stunk up the last one by deciding to have a black character named Gooby who runs around yelling stuff like " Massah massah I'm scared!"

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 17, 2017

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

basic hitler posted:

there were links dude, going to a real source. go find them. the thread is funny anyway, this isn't worth a total derail here.

To me, not a great thread but anyways the only evidence I saw in it is that someone quoted this

quote:

Long before Ramachandran began his work on phantom limb syndrome, it had been noted that the brain areas associated with genitalia and feet are adjacent to each other in the brain's body image map. But no one else had put 2 and 2 together and realized that foot fetishes could possibly result from cross-wiring in the brain between the foot and the genital parts.
which mostly brings up like /pol/ & forums posts quoting it but the source seems 2 be a livescience article that cites Ramachandran's pop-sci book so googling his book brings up

" a blog where a guy read that book im not readin a book, personally posted:

I came across a ‘homunculus’ (little man) diagram which appeared to explain why some people experience foot fetishes. Apparently a prominent scientist, Wilder Penfield, discovered how sensation from certain parts of the body mapped to areas of the brain in the 1940s and 1950s. Using electrodes (placed on anesthetized humans rather than unwilling monkeys, somewhat against the trend), Penfield was able to locate a strip of brain real estate along which sensory perception was focused. Whilst most of these mappings were in logical order (hands next to thumbs, lips next to face), sensations from the genitalia were mapped right next to the feet, leading to the deduction that in some humans the two might be confused, leading to the titular foot fetish.
So ehhhh, the evidence is him seeing that they're near each other according to a 50s study & going "could be????" which...maybe...but not rly what you said. But now we all know...now we are all slightly wiser in the world of pop science/foot fetishes

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So The Book of Henry according to this spoiler review slash summary of the film is the loving most buckwild movie ever made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO4o-gYkr7E

Like holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

basic hitler posted:

GBS is making fun of feet right now and apparently, there is actual evidence of brain dysfunction in foot fetishists that indicate it's not absolutely uh, normal. Something about the areas where the body 'maps' itself. erogenous zones and feet are very, very close together and crosstalk between the parts apparently happens in some people in a way that doesn't happen with a lot of other fetishism

After Aatrek and Schmorky I would figure everyone would be okay with whatever fetish as long as it only involved adult humans.

• Locked thread