Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Squizzle posted:

also the powers in 4e should have been printed on actual cards so they could have fun mechanics like when you use a power,flip the card over, and on some cards have a whole new power on the back

like ok its impossible to use this attack power two turns in a row, but you can alternate it w this other attack power that does no damage but has a control effect!!!! or like a utility power so that if you want to do yr big sneaky stab again you need to do some actual thief gymnastics (using a thief gymnastics power) to flip the card back over

i was impressed af w 4e and imsad grognards killed it

i agree they could have done more to make the game cooler and also streamline it and i'm also sad that grognards loving killed it

and then the grognards went on to gamergate and finally maga, cuck, and kek and here we loving are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ajit Pai is an extremely, incredibly bad person though and he is an enemy of the people.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JosefStalinator posted:

i mean the honest answe is that it has aged a bit, and not everyone likes the isometric thing anymore

But its really a legit good game and its not just nostalgia, i think they came out with an enhanced edition recently but i never bought it so i honestly can't tell you if it's any good. I think i read that the best way to play now is to get the enhanced edition and do some unofficial patch and go hog wild.

i do not mind bad graphics, i mean the game that stole my attention from bg2 was morrowind and i still install that like once a year

and one of my fav games of all time is alpha centauri, which is also really dated

if the story and gameplay is good then i will probably enjoy it but i need to convince myself to finish tyranny first... :effort:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/kanye/status/540263243718352896

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Addamere posted:

i do not mind bad graphics, i mean the game that stole my attention from bg2 was morrowind and i still install that like once a year

and one of my fav games of all time is alpha centauri, which is also really dated

if the story and gameplay is good then i will probably enjoy it but i need to convince myself to finish tyranny first... :effort:

I liked tyranny but BG2 is way better.

I mean even compared to tyranny theres so much more to do and ways to cheese BG2. Tyranny just seems so linear in comparison.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i still haven't gotten much past the intro in pillars of eternity but i have the worst god drat attention span for video games(and everything else) that i'm raelly like whatever

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dark sun, is good

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Addamere posted:

ok so ... why can i not click on the thread?

like, the thread still exists. it is in my bookmarks. somehow its views keep increasing. but clicking on it takes me to that error.

is it just not possible to actually delete threads on this forum? or something? cannot the offending post just be removed?

i am not a clever man, please explain the internet to me like im 5

the thread has been subpoenad. it can not be deleted because its evidence

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

NecroMonster posted:

i still haven't gotten much past the intro in pillars of eternity but i have the worst god drat attention span for video games(and everything else) that i'm raelly like whatever

yeah pillars was kinda boring to me too

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

haha of course ajit pai married a chunky blonde white woman

the man desperately wants to be as white and as republican as possible

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Squizzle posted:

dark sun, is good

i like ravenloft a lot too

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9p98zQmGKs

irenicus was v good

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

like, the thread still exists. it is in my bookmarks. somehow its views keep increasing. but clicking on it takes me to that error.

is it just not possible to actually delete threads on this forum? or something? cannot the offending post just be removed?

zdr skips leg days

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Addamere posted:

i never played baldurs gate 2 past the intro level where you meet minsc

i really should fix that but my discs have long since disappeared

wasnt there a remake sometime recent?

i also never played icewind dale or any of the other games of that era

am i actually missing out on a good game or is everyone nostalgic and will it feel like poo poo compared to modern offerings?

also how much will i miss out on just watching a goon lp of it?

baldur's gate is the closest thing to playing traditional d&d in video game form. if that appeals to you then it won't feel like poo poo at all

both bg games are way, way better than any modern bioware game in any case

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

cumshitter posted:

is this true

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Squizzle posted:

dark sun, is good

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JosefStalinator posted:

I liked tyranny but BG2 is way better.

I mean even compared to tyranny theres so much more to do and ways to cheese BG2. Tyranny just seems so linear in comparison.

the big draw to me in tyranny is how much decisions visibly matter, like i know its a thing with modern RPGs to hype up how much your decisions matter even when they dont but tyranny makes it feel like you really are this big important person like even more than bioware games do because you can see the layouts of maps change in front of you

i mean, a one-off NPC living or dying because you said so is neither here nor there

but being able to betray a faction is cool, being able to throw a person off your tower was a neat touch - but yeah its obv linear from what i've read of the ending and how it turns out there really is only one path just multiple ways to get there

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

deadgoon posted:

is this true

yes its true. and goons like you and me are going to jail.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
http://i.imgur.com/6Zl4zco.gifv

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Zas posted:

yes its true. and goons like you and me are going to jail.

we're gonna need to start a prison gang

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
the indian dad looked at me and said "Why are you here?" in perfect english. which i would assume he would have owning a single home in an area surrounded by apartment blocks.

"uh... is Ajit here? I know him and have a valid reason to be here."

then he and his wife talked to each other in indian speak and refused to speak english because i guess they thought id try to explain myself but i just apologized for trying to get homework help from their son who i wanted to gently caress and left. it was pretty awkward.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

yeah pillars was kinda boring to me too

it's not really that, i jsut don't play anything (but fighting games) for very long.

I've got 2 dungeons done in breath of the wild, and probably won't finish, have like 2 bosses left in hollow knight, haven't beaten pokemon:sun, never actually beat fallout NV, haven't beaten DOOM(sort of waiting to get it on pc when it's on sale, ps4 controlls sucked poo poo). and that's just in the last year.

and lets not talk about my myriad art projects that i will never finish.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Jeb! Can Fix It!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

i like ravenloft a lot too

ravenloft is kinda boring imo but my opinion aint universal!!!

be cool to play a game of birthright where the players are anti-aristocracy insurgents trying to topple the system of hereditary rule enforced thru supernaturally powerful command blood

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Addamere posted:

the big draw to me in tyranny is how much decisions visibly matter, like i know its a thing with modern RPGs to hype up how much your decisions matter even when they dont but tyranny makes it feel like you really are this big important person like even more than bioware games do because you can see the layouts of maps change in front of you

i mean, a one-off NPC living or dying because you said so is neither here nor there

but being able to betray a faction is cool, being able to throw a person off your tower was a neat touch - but yeah its obv linear from what i've read of the ending and how it turns out there really is only one path just multiple ways to get there

BG2 doesn't give you dozens of different endings or whatever, but theres way more variation in side quests and poo poo to do that makes it really interesting

also i just learned that irenicus was ras al ghul in Batman the animated series :yeah:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cumshitter posted:

oh. wow. ok.

but could it not just be locked and still visible like any other thread, and still let me click on it? or does whatever has been done to it make it super tamper-proof?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

y'know how bioware games have been on a steady downward slope for ages, with mass effect just being kotor but with way less depth and more voice acting and the sequels just compounding these issues?

bg1 & bg2 are at the top of the slope

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Addamere posted:

oh. wow. ok.

but could it not just be locked and still visible like any other thread, and still let me click on it? or does whatever has been done to it make it super tamper-proof?

if you posted in there you better lawyer up (and make sure your lawyer's lawyered up)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JosefStalinator posted:

BG2 doesn't give you dozens of different endings or whatever, but theres way more variation in side quests and poo poo to do that makes it really interesting

also i just learned that irenicus was ras al ghul in Batman the animated series :yeah:

i just clicked the voice thing above and i thought it was familiar and now you solved that minor mystery for me in less than a minute, thanks!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Addamere posted:

The Ninth Circuit Court struck down the old thread. We're appealing, but in the meantime we have thread 2.0.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

good advice imo

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Squizzle posted:

ravenloft is kinda boring imo but my opinion aint universal!!!

be cool to play a game of birthright where the players are anti-aristocracy insurgents trying to topple the system of hereditary rule enforced thru supernaturally powerful command blood

I'm a total loving idiot for horror and gothy poo poo

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JosefStalinator posted:

if you posted in there you better lawyer up (and make sure your lawyer's lawyered up)

:ohdear:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

the voice acting for irenicus is superb in BG2, one of the best vidja game performances

BG2 has voice acting? How much and is it all good? That increases the chances I'll play it, honestly. Good acting gives so much more life to a game.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

whats that mystara setting thats vaguely mesopotamian

i have a fondness for that one, which i guess is obv

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Nichael posted:

BG2 has voice acting? How much and is it all good? That increases the chances I'll play it, honestly. Good acting gives so much more life to a game.

from what i remember, basically all of the voice acting was pretty good, but it's been like 8 years since i last played so don't trust me.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Where is my imaginary girlfriend? I challenge you:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jazerus posted:

baldur's gate is the closest thing to playing traditional d&d in video game form. if that appeals to you then it won't feel like poo poo at all

both bg games are way, way better than any modern bioware game in any case

thanks for the recc, will probably pick it up

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

NecroMonster posted:

I'm a total loving idiot for horror and gothy poo poo

the monstrous compendium stuff for ravenloft are all bones ownin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice