Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've gotten to the third solo instance and I can confirm they're all kinda hosed, even the ones that aren't congested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

isk posted:

To be fair, the HW launch was mostly smooth, a few minor snags.

It's kind of a miracle that HW went over so well really.

I mean, I'm pretty annoyed that instanced content is down today but it gave me an excuse to get all of my class quests sorted and get neato tastes of them all.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Stormblood good

https://gfycat.com/CalculatingQuickEyas

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
FWIW I'm getting repeat 90002s atm, trying to log in to Excalibur, ~200-ish login queue.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
My genius plan of trying in the morning instead of joining the crazy crowd worked perfectly, no queue whatsoever and got the quest done on the first try too. Makes yesterday seem like a distant fever dream...

Even if the instability and queues come back once people wake up, as they likely will, at least that hurdle's been overcome.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Kinda glad I had to tear myself away to work this morning. Will probably still be hosed when I finish in five hours though.

But someone said before, all this drama definitely makes the server poo poo worthwhile, haha. The last ten or so pages of this thread have been PURE GOLD

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

hobbesmaster posted:

Something like this perhaps? http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/48c587aa8049a3ec3d6ba5970e25fa2b39ff28eb

According to reddit balmung has queues over 4000 players. :lol:

Highest I saw was 4136 or something....

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
World Transfer service is apparently up.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/6fbed9d7fd4fc3d73d3de7a108abeaa21d1c3a15

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Another follow-up http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/48c587aa8049a3ec3d6ba5970e25fa2b39ff28eb

This should be better over the next 12 hours I think. We'll wake up to a less turgid server.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

That's really pretty, but the one in the middle looks drat near exactly like my WoL and it's distracting. Maybe it was me and Raubahn + Pipin Savage was just a fever dream.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Got my flaming katana. Instantly became 110% better at being Samurai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qsgBF7ZIsk

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
im getting 90006 disconnect errors even trying to do a level 30 class quest...

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's kind of a miracle that HW went over so well really.

I mean, I'm pretty annoyed that instanced content is down today but it gave me an excuse to get all of my class quests sorted and get neato tastes of them all.

This is what I thought would happen when Heavensward came out, and somehow, everything actually worked as soon as it came out (as far as I know), which was the only reason I actually tried to play Stormblood straight away. I wonder what the difference was

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

greetings I truly do not care about anyone's launch errors. here's the hot ticket item on my mind this eve: what is the status of the following classes:

the dark Knight
the monk
the paladin

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

a helpful bear posted:

im getting 90006 disconnect errors even trying to do a level 30 class quest...

I'm getting 90002 errors doing a lv 54 quest.

Your errors are better than mine.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Brainamp posted:

this new gpose poo poo is cool.

Agreed.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Wangsbig posted:

greetings I truly do not care about anyone's launch errors. here's the hot ticket item on my mind this eve: what is the status of the following classes:
the paladin

We got several buffs, including the ability to block and parry in every direction as well as block magic attacks.

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Omega is everything I hoped for. So many houses ready to buy! Forgot about the 24h cooldown on making an FC though, shame.

E: Also no instance congestion so far.

Skanker fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jun 17, 2017

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Seems like the game is all hosed up, but does anyone know if it's still possible to get into early access if I buy it now?

Maybe it would be best to wait anyway, though.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

UHD posted:

I'm getting 90002 errors doing a lv 54 quest.

Your errors are better than mine.

:owned:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

PvP revamp is my jam.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Well on the bright side, the Raubahn instance doesn't d/c you anymore, it just punts you back out to him after the cutscene? lol

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
The new FC is up! The usual Discord application process applies but we won't have housing for a little while so you'll need to find a member to apply through.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Wangsbig posted:

the paladin

It's real good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm essentially locked in a kill zone. Was in POTD to see if it's working now (no, it kicked me instantly) and now when I log in, I get kicked again so I can't get out of POTD to not do POTD.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid

Exactly the same except you don't have touch of death dot anymore and the charging chakra sound is worse than the original sound it had when it first got put in the game.

Also dragon kick's debuff icon blends in too much with all the other debuffs now so it can be easy to miss if it drops off.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Pipin...I'm already in the line

Rotoru
Sep 3, 2011

Apparently one of the GMs said that there is a grand total of 11 instances for solo duties per datacenter. That would explain things.

Not why they decided that 11 was a good and sufficient number, but other things.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

Just finished the final HW SAM quest. No spoilers - it's dope.

Happy how this glamour came out. FANCY LADS

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Rotoru posted:

Apparently one of the GMs said that there is a grand total of 11 instances for solo duties per datacenter. That would explain things.

Not why they decided that 11 was a good and sufficient number, but other things.

Is this for all solo duties per datacenter or just per specific quest? I've been trying to do one of the solo duties early in HW, so I doubt there's a ton of people doing it at the same time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ocatamai posted:

Exactly the same except you don't have touch of death dot anymore and the charging chakra sound is worse than the original sound it had when it first got put in the game.

Also dragon kick's debuff icon blends in too much with all the other debuffs now so it can be easy to miss if it drops off.

The charging sound is the same but the noise when capping Chakra is revolting

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Yo i'm about to transfer to omega. Are there people online for pcd invites?

bondster
May 6, 2007

Problems accessing the MSQ led me to trying out the PVP for the first time.

The PVP is really, really good yall.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

play dead works in water, cool

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
level 60 rdm, yay.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Yo i'm about to transfer to omega. Are there people online for pcd invites?

good luck, even with the transfer service technically back up access to omega is still congested.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm here, where the goons at

edit: thank you Lyra for invite <chill>
:dance:

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 17, 2017

Caeks
Dec 27, 2009

Anyone have any feedback on the MCH changes yet and how it feels?

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Mods please change this thread title to "idiot game for idiot people, but like a beta" too, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

<trash>