Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Still can't even get into a working instance at god forsaken morning hours. How the hell is Square so bad at this? :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

This is the new PCD tag because some other group was using <Chill> and we didn't want confusion. Also we know that finding us is tricky with no house to go to, so if you can't see anyone with the tag, send one of us a message in discord and we'll try to meet up with you so you can join.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Wow PVP is really fun now.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I got through both Walls, woo! Going to do the first dungeon tomorrow. And plenty of PVP, these changes looked weird on paper but it's so much more fun in game. Great xp too.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Dr Pepper posted:

Wow PVP is really fun now.
Wow yeah PVP is so much more fun and faster-paced now. And you get XP for it too! :eyepop:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I lost my PvP virginity today and it was fun as hell.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The best is the tanks running into the mob like this was old PVP and getting instagibbed.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

If the instances are still hosed up tomorrow I think I'm just gonna PVP all day. gently caress it, may as well get the last few garo sets while the priest is still there, maybe even get the 60 win horse.

Ibblebibble posted:

I lost my PvP virginity today and it was fun as hell.
It was way worse before. I mean not really bad, just... slow paced with high time to kills since everyone had their full PVE abilities. It rewarded coordination a bit but was just kind of a slog sometimes. With the current setup combat's way quicker and the front lines shift rapidly, it just feels so much more active.

Also I think the PVP skillsets are more fun than the PVE ones for a lot of classes. :ohdear:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So, I'm a relative rookie player who's been manning a Summoner (because c'mon, this is Final Fantasy). What's Stormblood going to change for me?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm so sorry

But I had to.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Darth Walrus posted:

So, I'm a relative rookie player who's been manning a Summoner (because c'mon, this is Final Fantasy). What's Stormblood going to change for me?

Cons: You lost a DoT and your AOE is nerfed.

Pros: You can summon Bahamut.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How's the gameplay of Samurai? How's it compared to old DRG?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

It seems like with contagion being changed that Ifrit is going to be a dps increase on trash, especially if the other dps is physical based?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Elentor posted:

How's the gameplay of Samurai? How's it compared to old DRG?

3 smaller rotations for single target, one main rotation for AoE, same number of self-buffs to manage. A bit burstier with a few small cast times. No positionals. I'm enjoying it.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

isk posted:

3 smaller rotations for single target, one main rotation for AoE, same number of self-buffs to manage. A bit burstier with a few small cast times. No positionals. I'm enjoying it.

{um...}

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

I don't think it gets them till 62 or something to be fair.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
Man, is it bad at this rate I hope raubahn loses his other arm in the story?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Is it just me/some option or did the default position for controller input really change? I used to be able to mash NUM0 to activate stuff like doors or teleporters and hit the "accept" prompt that came up, but now the prompt is always on "cancel" or "leave" which is slightly annoying.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun

Jehuti posted:

I don't think it gets them till 62 or something to be fair.

You get them at 52

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
To be clear, by positionals I mean extra potency from flank/rear (like MNK and DRG combos), not cone/line AoEs.

*edit -

Resonance22 posted:

You also get bonus Kenki for flanks with Kasha and rears with Gekko.

I stand corrected.

isk fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 17, 2017

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Mr. Leonheart posted:

You get them at 52

True you do to. Thats gonna teach me for only looking at yukikaze and assuming the rest.

Resonance22
Dec 17, 2006

isk posted:

To be clear, by positionals I mean extra potency from flank/rear (like MNK and DRG combos), not cone/line AoEs.

You also get bonus Kenki for flanks with Kasha and rears with Gekko.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
lol woke up early hoping to get through the Instance, still congested.

This is really really bad. I guarantee you, this is the last expac I pre-order, mounts and bonuses be damned.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Susano-o fight loving owns

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

24 hours and things are still hosed.

Let's see how long this will go on for.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I stand by that nothing gets done until an emergency maintenance on the 19th or something. They won't add a queue and they won't be able to get most people into SB proper before launch day.

Goddamn what a terrible decision. I'm still staggered by it.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
5am server time and still hopelessly congested

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
i'm super mad about the server!!!!!!!!!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

At least you get a head start on leveling the new classes? :shrug:

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
This has been one of the worst early access/expac launch experiences I've personally played trough so far.
As if the server issues and pushback of the transfers(and lack of any further information on delays until hours after deadlines) wasn't bad enough, now friends are stuck in transfer limbo and cant access their characters with no support available due to weekend.
"Mad about servers!" and all but S-E really dropped the ball hard on this one.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
At this point I've just shrugged and written it off as a lost weekend. I'm peeved at getting stuck at the wall but I'm going to just do something else until either the camel successfully squeezes through the eye of the needle or they implement actual fixes, no point in staring down the instance entrances in the meantime

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Finally managed to get through both instanced duties. Luckily I was up at odd hours anyway. Wound up having to do Pipin's twice, as it unceremoniously dropped me mid-battle the first time. Not even disconnected or duty failed or something, just a sudden fade to black and dropped back on the world map with no warning. :shepicide:

Hopefully it will be a bit smoother sailing from here. There will probably be similar issues later, but being in a new zone and the population spreading out a bit will probably help...

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Chairman posted:

At this point I've just shrugged and written it off as a lost weekend.

I can recall this post being made by somebody every single launch, be it ARR and HW.

ARR's launch was technically worse than this, you couldn't even access the game and all DF content was uniformly broke for a day or two.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
[7:32]A system error occurred during event movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUKmq7UMJys

The Chairman posted:

At this point I've just shrugged and written it off as a lost weekend. I'm peeved at getting stuck at the wall but I'm going to just do something else until either the camel successfully squeezes through the eye of the needle or they implement actual fixes, no point in staring down the instance entrances in the meantime

What sucks is opening my friends list and seeing a few people that are past the instances, and people raving about cool Susano-o and the new areas are. :(

I wanted to relax and play vidja games, and instead I'm getting teased by a stupid quest.

Minera fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Jun 17, 2017

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Having now gotten to actually try it out i'm kinda liking the new song mechanics of BRD. But i kinda wish it was tied to something other than crit ticks on 2 dots because sometimes you just don't get enough repertoire points in the 30 seconds per song to get to use the effects.

Perhaps it'll be better at 60 something when Emypheral Arrow can force cast that poo poo though.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abTRxOM81Bc&t=50s

nothing like cold unfeeling memes to warm my dead heart

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
The story is cool because the scions finally loving acknowledge my white mage can loving handle casting Cure 1, and the dungeons are cool and good. Definitely better than pre-Baelsar's HW dungeons.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like this middle period where I can use Hellfrog as part of my single target rotation instead of Baeflkafea. I will be sad to see it go from all non-trash fights.

That is if I can ever beat Pipin.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I never gave Ninja much of a shot but I'm curious of these changes I'm reading changed Mudras in a notable way. Can anyone speak to how the job is feeling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Is there macro I can make that will keep clicking on Raubahn?