Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

Bootcha posted:

A regretful, bad taste in my mouth.

Bootcha no :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Amazing Zimmo posted:

I don't think so. There is a lack of fire and passion in those eyes that would make me believe that I need to read a July blog.

Eh, Derek mocapped after writing the 50,000 word manifesto known as the July blog.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Jambalaya Blog:

Yum.
Overcooked rice a bit.
Yellow peppers are a waste, you don't see them. Sunk Cost Gastro-y.
Green onions are better garnish than parsley.
A couple more hits of hot sauce next time.

IGN 8/10.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Warhawk109 posted:

75k a year per employee cost to CIG is really low. That's like a 56k salary avg at best. Employee cost to company is about 1.25-1.4 times base salary in the US, and from my research it's similar in the U.K. and Germany (though from what I remember Germany was the highest). This is often forgotten when these estimates are made.

Obviously all the staff are willing to make sacrifices to work on such an amazing project, duh. They could probably get everyone to work as unpaid interns, but Chris is just too nice a guy to ask that.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Bootcha posted:

I'm making jambalaya. The BDJFE.

ETA Summer 2015.

No regurgitations.

Bootcha posted:

Jambalaya Blog:

Yum.
Overcooked rice a bit.

IGN 8/10.

Thread is good again!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77d1fl2M6aE&t=897s

lmao, ben, the game is coming out like you will get your cholesterol lowered

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

nawledgelambo posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77d1fl2M6aE&t=897s

lmao, ben, the game is coming out like you will get your cholesterol lowered

Look the doctors at the hospital told him he didn't have any scary fat guy problems okay

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

Bootcha posted:

Jambalaya Blog:

Yum.
Overcooked rice a bit.

IGN 8/10.

What kind of hot sauce are you using? I'm a massive fan of sriracha because it gives the spice but let's the other ingredients in the dish fill in the flavour.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

Maw posted:

Bootcha no :(

:same:

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

So evocati testing is penciled in to start next wednesday, what was MoMA's quote about that schedule again?

Anyway it means that 3.0 is getting closer and I'm hyped as gently caress because thread will be great again when 3.0 drops like a piece of rabid racoon poo poo.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Amazing Zimmo posted:

What kind of hot sauce are you using? I'm a massive fan of sriracha because it gives the spice but let's the other ingredients in the dish fill in the flavour.

I've yet to give Sriracha a chance. I use either Cholula or the Louisiana Red Dot. I think the only other sauce I'd use is Assburnin.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Breetai posted:

What movie is this?

Don't know, I boosted it from cspam but I found a short clip from Stimpire The Animated Series

https://i.imgur.com/G4dEVcr.gifv

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Additionally, a few buddies are having a chili "contest". More of a show-off. But I thought this year I'd try to make something crazy...

Chicago Dog Chili

Meat base: Ground Beef
Meat accent: Chopped Vienna or Hebrew National Hotdogs. (Hebrew probably because Vienna is impossible to find down here)
Aromatics: Onion, Sport Peppers (and Garlic?)
Sauce: Standard Tomato Diced/Sauce/Paste
Spice: Celery Salt, Pepper, Poppy Seeds, Mustard Powder
Serving Accent: Fresh Chopped Onion, Dollop of Neon Relsih and Half Pickle Spear

The jist is to somewhat recreate the salty-sweet-savory sensation of a proper Chicago Dog in chili form.

So cooking know-hows, the thing I'm wondering about is how to use the Mustard Powder. Or would it be better to measure out squeeze Mustard and put in along with the tomatoes?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Thread is good again!

http://i.imgur.com/00sOtZB.gifv

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Don't know, I boosted it from cspam but I found a short clip from Stimpire The Animated Series

https://i.imgur.com/G4dEVcr.gifv

Legend of Stimpire's Heroes.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Goosfraba posted:

Legend of Stimpire's Heroes.

nice

http://i.imgur.com/Z9hzuHW.gifv

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
What is this?

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Bootcha posted:

Jambalaya Blog:

Yum.
Overcooked rice a bit.

IGN 8/10.

Don't add hot sauce whilst cooking serve bland heat free jambalaya with a bottle on the table for everyone to dose themselves. You keep the delicate flavor of the sauce intact and everyone can tailor their own heat.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

So cooking know-hows, the thing I'm wondering about is how to use the Mustard Powder. Or would it be better to measure out squeeze Mustard and put in along with the tomatoes?

I don't know much about hot dog sauce development, but I guess it depends on how you use it. Using Mustard vs. Powder will yield more liquid, so if the spices go in your sauce, the sauce will be a) more and b) have a different consistency.
But since you are creating your own recipe, that is your decision to make.

One thing you should take into account is that mustard powder and mustard (at least over here) can taste wildly different. We have at least 5 kinds of mustard but proper mustard powder is always the same, I.e. pure ground mustard seeds.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Legend of Galactic Heroes

https://i.imgur.com/Hx4rdEN.gifv

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Bootcha posted:

Additionally, a few buddies are having a chili "contest". More of a show-off. But I thought this year I'd try to make something crazy...

Chicago Dog Chili

Meat accent: Chopped Vienna or Hebrew National Hotdogs. (Hebrew probably because Vienna is impossible to find down here)
Serving Accent: Fresh Chopped Onion, Dollop of Neon Relsih and Half Pickle Spear

The jist is to somewhat recreate the salty-sweet-savory sensation of a proper Chicago Dog in chili form.

I'm going to say yes to the garlic but I use garlic in most of what I cook because it's awesome.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/banditloaf/status/875917945599213569

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"Join Ben Lesnick and Jared Huckaby on their journey down"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152299067?t=8m20s

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Oh I know that you're a mod here and I remember you were really active back when there was still hope that SC would be good back in 2013/14, but I'm wondering what you were right about?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I agree that's a pretty amazing error message, although I suspect Ben is amazed for a reason other than Wing Commander III blaming slowness on quickness.

I wouldn't be amazed to find out he's amazed by the error message simply because it contains the words "Wing Commander".

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

like many people who remain in close proximity to star citizen he has an uncanny ability to be amazed by broken computer poo poo

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 17, 2017

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Warhawk109 posted:

75k a year per employee cost to CIG is really low. That's like a 56k salary avg at best. Employee cost to company is about 1.25-1.4 times base salary in the US, and from my research it's similar in the U.K. and Germany (though from what I remember Germany was the highest). This is often forgotten when these estimates are made.

The £44.5k average is taken directly from the accounts of Foundry 42 Ltd. It's not an estimate. The $75k average for US/Germany is basically this amount multiplied by the 1.65 exchange rate that was around in 2014 and then maintained at the $75k level.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

SelenicMartian posted:

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Sindai posted:

The real question is why they're writing their own serialization code in the first place instead of using any of the libraries that already exist for such a basic thing in any popular language.

They only discovered include statements and functions about 2 weeks ago. It's gonna take time for them to figure out their full functionality.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bootcha posted:

Chicago Dog Chili

Needs pineapple.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

Needs pineapple.

troll post spotted

Look at this magnificent cat

his nibs fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Jun 17, 2017

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
http://www.newser.com/story/244087/man-responsible-for-the-hawaiian-pizza-dies-at-83.html
Is the nightmare over?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

his nibs posted:

troll post spotted

Look at this magnificent cat

Let me improve that for you.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

Let me improve that for you.

great dave you've ruined the cat now we are gonna have to thrown him away.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the only acceptable pizza toppings are meat or, if you have the digestion of a 84 year woman, mushrooms.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

the only acceptable pizza toppings are meat or, if you have the digestion of a 84 year woman, mushrooms.

I thought your previous troll attempts were weak but look at this pathetic post. Mushrooms are easily in the top 5 toppings

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Maw posted:

I thought your previous troll attempts were weak but look at this pathetic post. Mushrooms are easily in the top 5 toppings

-A dumb idiot who ruins pizzas

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

History Comes Inside! posted:

-A dumb idiot who ruins pizzas

:sad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Maw posted:

-my greatgrandmother with colitis