Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Yep that's the problem. Not Jones himself, the fools who buy it wholesale. A lady in Florida was just convicted to (I believe) 3 years in jail for threatening to kill a dad of a Sandy Hook kid.

I wonder how that conspiracy theorist feels now that she's a crisis actor used to discredit the Sandy Hook conspiracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

try the new taco place posted:

I hope NBC is intentionally shredding her "integrity" on purpose just for short term ratings and to publicly fire her. But they're probably just stupid

yeah they're just gonna piss away $15 million to fire someone after two weeks on the job

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Lote posted:

I wonder how that conspiracy theorist feels now that she's a crisis actor used to discredit the Sandy Hook conspiracy.

I would actually love to see her mental gymnastics if someone presented that to her.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I would actually love to see her mental gymnastics if someone presented that to her.

The thing is everything she says will be used as evidence that she's a crisis actor.

I'm in jail because it wasn't true -> that's what they want you to say

They have me on trumped up charges and everyone is in on it -> they're hiding an even bigger conspiracy

Help get me out -> you're just an actor and they're trying to find who to go after next

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

RedSpider posted:

Me too. This is seriously the person who the MSM is freaking the gently caress out over:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=na4GYyJwYjQ

How in the gently caress does this scare people instead of making their guts hurt from laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePLkAm8i2s&t=48s

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RedSpider posted:

How in the gently caress does this scare people instead of making their guts hurt from laughter.

ever since i worked in a hospice i dont really find angry, deranged people shouting nonsense to be all that funny

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RedSpider posted:

these types are why the murrah building doesn't exist anymore.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

boner confessor posted:

ever since i worked in a hospice i dont really find angry, deranged people shouting nonsense to be all that funny

gently caress, now that's dark.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I am going to guess Fox News did not cover this as they usually do

Today was the National March for marriage led by NOM. A few years ago the march brought in around 2,000. Last year was about 200. This year...

https://twitter.com/missdeutsch/status/876109728497250304
https://twitter.com/missdeutsch/status/876113227951857664
https://twitter.com/missdeutsch/status/876117568821571586
https://twitter.com/Lawsonbulk/status/876196576787648512

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Gotta love an inverse log scale.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://pjmedia.com/trending/2017/06/16/the-sexual-ambiguity-of-james-comey/

quote:

James Comey is not old school. He’s to Eliot Ness as the original Batman was to the original Superman. The latter openly fought for truth, justice, and the American way because he wanted to give back to the planet that had given him a home. The former was a confused vigilante, motivated by the dark desire to revenge his parents’ deaths at the hands of bad guys.

Comey is Petula Clark singing “Feelings.” In his Senate testimony he described how his duties caused him “a whole lot of personal pain.” He was often “confused and concerned” about things, sometimes even “honestly concerned." More than the facts, he spoke of his “impression,” “reading,” and “sense” of the facts. Something Loretta Lynch asked him to do “gave [him] a queasy feeling.”

That’s not how Joe Friday talked on “Dragnet.” Or Clint Eastwood. When Clint shot a bad guy, all he felt was a slight pressure on his trigger finger.

Comey talks the way girls talk.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

:geno:

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

I remember watching that first Comey testimony about Clinton emails and being astonished at how the Republican Congressmen were treating him. Thinking, how are they doing him like this, as he tries to throw them bone after bone but it just isn't crazy enough for them. Let them all eat each other. Let the respectable, old school Republicans get consumed by the young psychopaths who'll say anything to stave off a tea party primary. The Democrats are too pathetic to destroy them, let them destroy each other.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

litany of gulps posted:

I remember watching that first Comey testimony about Clinton emails and being astonished at how the Republican Congressmen were treating him. Thinking, how are they doing him like this, as he tries to throw them bone after bone but it just isn't crazy enough for them. Let them all eat each other. Let the respectable, old school Republicans get consumed by the young psychopaths who'll say anything to stave off a tea party primary. The Democrats are too pathetic to destroy them, let them destroy each other.

Maybe the new thing to be afraid of getting primaried over will be "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this Russia stuff" if it goes on that long without a real consequence for the administration. It's probably be a theme for both parties but if it becomes a toxic enough issue, the republicans who are looking the other way because they're complicit will be the last holdouts with regards to actually doing something about it. They'd be stuck between calling for an investigation that could land them in prison and a challenger calling for that investigation, from the right even.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

empty whippet box posted:

Maybe the new thing to be afraid of getting primaried over will be "I'm gonna get to the bottom of this Russia stuff" if it goes on that long without a real consequence for the administration. It's probably be a theme for both parties but if it becomes a toxic enough issue, the republicans who are looking the other way because they're complicit will be the last holdouts with regards to actually doing something about it. They'd be stuck between calling for an investigation that could land them in prison and a challenger calling for that investigation, from the right even.

I like to imagine a three-way primary, between the complicit establishment incumbent, an opportunist calling them too soft on Trump, and a raving Trumpist who thinks they didn't do enough to crush the conspiracy against Great Leader.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

empty whippet box posted:

I think McCain's questions for Sessions during that testimony were telling. He may have had the snarkiest, nastiest questions of all of them. Sure, he interrupts Kamala Harris like an rear end in a top hat. He's not asking the questions the left wants to hear like Heinrich or some of the Democrats, but there was an edge to what he was asking Sessions. He was playing an admirable Brutus, noble while still putting the knife in. That's the infighting I want to see.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I like to imagine a three-way primary, between the complicit establishment incumbent, an opportunist calling them too soft on Trump, and a raving Trumpist who thinks they didn't do enough to crush the conspiracy against Great Leader.

That seems pretty plausible even if trump has already been impeached by then somehow. Or if he hasn't. My guess is that the raving trumpist will win.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

litany of gulps posted:

I think McCain's questions for Sessions during that testimony were telling. He may have had the snarkiest, nastiest questions of all of them. Sure, he interrupts Kamala Harris like an rear end in a top hat. He's not asking the questions the left wants to hear like Heinrich or some of the Democrats, but there was an edge to what he was asking Sessions. He was playing an admirable Brutus, noble while still putting the knife in. That's the infighting I want to see.

He was trying to undo the embarrsement of his Comey testimony where he ate a big bowl of chili that morning and was literally incoherent.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Covok posted:

He was trying to undo the embarrsement of his Comey testimony where he ate a big bowl of chili that morning and was literally incoherent.

I don't believe it for a moment - I don't think McCain could eat anything spicier than a bowl of Mac and Cheese.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Does Esther understand that those were actors?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
lol someone showed me video of the Rothschild conspiracy as an argument against the redistribution of wealth. ahahahahahahahaha

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Was it that lovely American Dream cartoon?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

"Comey talks like a girl! He should talk more like fictional characters!"

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Dabir posted:

I love that cartoon because the first bits of it are mellow, informative, and make some great points but then it takes a flying leap into crazy land without warning. Just when you think it couldn't get more "crazy lolbertarian" it somehow does.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Dabir posted:

yeep

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Either the Star or Enquirer this week claims on their front page that Comey has a gay lover.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Either the Star or Enquirer this week claims on their front page that Comey has a gay lover.

I believe it's the Globe.

We really need Weekly World News to come back.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I am going to guess Fox News did not cover this as they usually do

Today was the National March for marriage led by NOM. A few years ago the march brought in around 2,000. Last year was about 200. This year...

https://twitter.com/missdeutsch/status/876109728497250304
https://twitter.com/missdeutsch/status/876113227951857664
https://twitter.com/missdeutsch/status/876117568821571586
https://twitter.com/Lawsonbulk/status/876196576787648512

As amusing as these are, I do have to say that I'm surprised when turnout for these lovely right-wing events are as low as they commonly are. Especially when you consider there are 66 million Trump voters in the country. And yes, I know that that number is spread out nationwide, and that people have other things to do, might be too lazy, etc. But you'd think there would be at least more than a few dozen right-wingers who have nothing better to do and show up for one of these things.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Mr Interweb posted:

As amusing as these are, I do have to say that I'm surprised when turnout for these lovely right-wing events are as low as they commonly are. Especially when you consider there are 66 million Trump voters in the country. And yes, I know that that number is spread out nationwide, and that people have other things to do, might be too lazy, etc. But you'd think there would be at least more than a few dozen right-wingers who have nothing better to do and show up for one of these things.

I think they're finally giving up on gay marriage honestly. You'll have a few holdouts that are going to scream about it until the end of time but most of the right seems to have dropped it. A few places are trying to dick all over trans rights now for appearances (we'll never give up! Never stop fighting the good fight!) but really...they failed all the way to the SCOTUS. Crap all they can do now.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Anti gay marriage activism was only as effective as it was because it was based on a massive scare campaign that Christianity would be banned, straight people would be put into camps, churches would be forced to host gay orgies, and the schools would make all their kids do gay stuff in class.

When gay marriage passed and none of that happened, and the only change to anyone's lives were sometimes they might see a friend of a friend comment on gay wedding photos on Facebook, then even most of the dumbest people in America could no longer be driven to hysterical terror that any day now the lesbian brides would be coming for your Christian marriage.

So the fundies just shifted to a new scare campaign that all transwomen are rapist men and we have to keep them away from your daughters (but not, apparently, away from your sons).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the things that drove anti-gay marriage stuff a decade ago have all shifted to transphobia and islamaphobia. That war is over and most people know that. The holdouts are just sad homophobes who are pissing against time.

Most Republicans in my world rejected Trump. Most of those did it for most of the reasons we rejected him. But there were those few whose only true objections to Trump were "he's a secret liberal" and "the RNC was a gay fest." Those are the sad losers at these marches.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!
Nah. There's just not much point to it since there's no real legislation that can be passed to target it at the moment. "March of Progress" narratives are nonsense and a good way to see a massive backslide of rights due to complacency.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

The it thing now is allowing companies to discriminate against LGBT people based on religious exemptions. This is hitting trans people the hardest, but people in same-sex relationships are also vulnerable. The anti-marriage people haven't recognized the strategic shift that's occurred, but anti-gay sentiment has not gone away.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Mr Interweb posted:

D.C.is like 95% democrat, so republicans have to be really pissed about something to travel 50+ miles to a rally. Hold them in Bumfuck, Texas, and you'll probably get 10x turnout.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

There's a big slapfight among right-wing verified twitter accounts right now; namely Richard Spencer, Jack Posobiec and their respective sycophantic followers. :munch:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

RedSpider posted:

There's a big slapfight among right-wing verified twitter accounts right now; namely Richard Spencer, Jack Posobiec and their respective sycophantic followers. :munch:

The more they eat each other alive, the more youth I gain. :unsmigghh:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

RedSpider posted:

Do I want to know the details, or would it just make me want to kill myself?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They censored the kiss

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

They censored the kiss

Looks less like a censor and more like they're sharing a lil white dong, but hey, I'm a liberal cuck so maybe that's just what I want to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

RedSpider posted:

Post the deets and the tweets. Does this involve the Julius Caesar play Posobiec tried to interrupt?