Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Weatherman posted:

Yeah, and why do we have drug laws? Obviously people can still take drugs and if just one person does then the laws are a complete and utter failure.

Yes, the war on drugs has been a complete and utter failure that has caused more harm than good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
lol, drug laws are like the worst possible example he could have chosen.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

lol, drug laws are like the worst possible example he could have chosen.

Or was it deliberate puppetmastery to generate schadenfreude??

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JptOZvXWfpI

This week's fails has a little something for everybody - shoddy playground equipment, cute animals, hoverboards, a drone inside, and absolutely no complications involving old people and driving.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

gschmidl posted:

Or was it deliberate puppetmastery to generate schadenfreude??

Nah I'm enough of an arsehole to try that, but nowhere near smart enough.

It was the first example off the top of my head, and I'm trying to remember the movie or podcast or something where I heard someone bring it up in that context (though to much better effect), but I'm drawing a complete blank right now.

vvvvv No I've just remembered, it was the Daily Show bit that John Oliver did about Australian gun control. He was speaking to that lunatic American who was all "more guns for everyone because laws are just words on paper" and brought up drug laws. I think.

Weatherman has a new favorite as of 12:31 on Jun 17, 2017

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
I think you might be thinking of a Jim Jefferies bit, from Bare I think?

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

Beeswax posted:

New jokes are allowed

More like newjokeless amirite?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

http://i.imgur.com/EoonwL4.gifv

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Who in the actual gently caress throws away a perfectly good bear?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
:tbear:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I like that you can tell that what happened is the first guy found the bear in the dumpster, went and got the second guy and camera man and said, "Dude, the most amazing thing is in there, you've got to see it!" Now they're going to go get their buddy and the cycle will repeat.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Random Stranger posted:

I like that you can tell that what happened is the first guy found the bear in the dumpster, went and got the second guy and camera man and said, "Dude, the most amazing thing is in there, you've got to see it!" Now they're going to go get their buddy and the cycle will repeat.

Well, it bears repeating.
:byobear:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

I like that you can tell that what happened is the first guy found the bear in the dumpster, went and got the second guy and camera man and said, "Dude, the most amazing thing is in there, you've got to see it!" Now they're going to go get their buddy and the bear will eat.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Takes No Damage posted:

Holy poo poo about 11 minutes in she goes full-on Super Saiyan Exorcist on her own husband.

loving COCKSUCKER *incoherent screeching continues*

e: It just keeps going :( This lady is the epitome of You Can Beat the Rap but You Can't Beat the Ride.

Posted a while back but...

This isn't psychosis, it's stupid entitlement. Working in customer service, I talk to women like her probably 5-6 times a day. They can't wrap their minds around there being consequences to their actions. "I didn't pay my bill for 6 months, how dare you shut me off! What do you mean you can't turn my service back on until Monday! *Incoherent screeching, wailing, gnashing of teeth* LET ME TALK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR!" It's always well off white women. They're so entitled they lose their poo poo whenever someone tells them they can't have what they want or they will be suffering consequences for their very poor choices.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Dear Prudence posted:

Posted a while back but...

This isn't psychosis, it's stupid entitlement. Working in customer service, I talk to women like her probably 5-6 times a day. They can't wrap their minds around there being consequences to their actions. "I didn't pay my bill for 6 months, how dare you shut me off! What do you mean you can't turn my service back on until Monday! *Incoherent screeching, wailing, gnashing of teeth* LET ME TALK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR!" It's always well off white women. They're so entitled they lose their poo poo whenever someone tells them they can't have what they want or they will be suffering consequences for their very poor choices.

They're also accustomed to having their demands met because most of their experience is with shouting harassment at overworked customer service staff who don't have enough time or fucks to give and will do whatever it takes just to get away ASAP.

But the police do not work like that. They are not there to provide accommodation, and shouting at them only makes them stronger.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/jun/16/alarm-clock-dropped-inside-wall-goes-daily-13-year/

Guy drops an alarm clock into his wall by accident. The battery's lasted 13 years so far :pwn:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What's this brown bricks inspector gadget thing I've seen show up in a few threads?

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/jun/16/alarm-clock-dropped-inside-wall-goes-daily-13-year/

Guy drops an alarm clock into his wall by accident. The battery's lasted 13 years so far :pwn:

Jesus dude, 13 years of alarms vs learn how to patch some drywall doesn't seem like a hard choice.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ilmucche posted:

What's this brown bricks inspector gadget thing I've seen show up in a few threads?

memes

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Scruff McGruff posted:

Jesus dude, 13 years of alarms vs learn how to patch some drywall doesn't seem like a hard choice.

Yeah right? It's super easy and cheap.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Honestly getting up at that time consequently each day every day every year for thirteen years might not be a bad thing. I just wish I had the mental fortitude not to need to entomb an immortal alarm clock into my drywall to do it.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I fucken loved this when I was a kid

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Karate Bastard posted:

Honestly getting up at that time consequently each day every day every year for thirteen years might not be a bad thing. I just wish I had the mental fortitude not to need to entomb an immortal alarm clock into my drywall to do it.

Getting up at seven in the evening? What a lazy bum.

(the article said PM)

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

ilmucche posted:

It's a spammer, put him on ignore.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

ilmucche posted:

http://knowyourmeme.com/ will explain it all.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I guess it's just a guy who was being SUPER RANDOM and did the inspector gadget voice while reviewing minecraft. People make fun of him for it. :ms:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Guilty of horse riding while drunk and stupid?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Memento posted:

Guilty of horse riding while drunk and stupid?

i don't think you can find him guilty of actually riding a horse at any point here

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Turtlicious posted:

I'm the beer can clearly visible reflecting off the dash.

e: gently caress Australlian accents sound amazing.

I had a buddy in rural Idaho a few years ago who was very fond of drink drives - he'd just go driving around drinking the cheapest stuff he could find at service stations, so usually 4-Loko or other caffeinated alco-pops.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It was perfectly legal here until 2011 - as long as you weren't over the BAC limit to drive (0.05%) then you could drink alcohol while behind the wheel.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

e: didn't mean to post

e again:
Poor Oldhorseless, thought of stirrups and died?

LonsomeSon has a new favorite as of 03:37 on Jun 18, 2017

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Saint Freak posted:

I don't even know what kind of mass transit would work for a land mass of like 4 million square miles that has all of 5 or so real cities in it.

Uber. :smug:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ISIS CURES TROONS posted:

Burn the house down and collect the insurance money. No jury would convict.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Spanish matador dies after being gored during bullfight

quote:

A Spanish bullfighter died after he tripped in the ring and was gored by the bull in south-western France, according to media reports. Ivan Fandino, 36, was taken to hospital, but later died from his injuries, Spanish news agency EFE reported, citing sources close to the Basque matador’s entourage. Fandino stumbled during a fight in Aire-sur-l’Adour on Saturday after he tripped on a cape used in a turn to engage and distract the specially bred fighting bull. The animal then pierced the matador’s torso with its horns, EFE said.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

What if it's a cape made out of lasers?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Volcott posted:

What if it's a cape made out of lasers?

Well if it means they get their poo poo ripped open by a bull, actually I guess they should wear all the capes all the time.

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Memento posted:

Well if it means they get their poo poo ripped open by a bull, actually I guess they should wear all the capes all the time.

Is it really a matador if they don't even have a cape? I say not :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I couldn't possibly have less sympathy for a guy who dies bullfighting. gently caress matadors and gently caress bullfighting.