Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
who is the biggest fail club
This poll is closed.
arsenal 9223372036854775807 100.00%
not arsenal 1 0.00%
Total: 23 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Manchester United will just mortgage the club, relocate it to the Cayman Islands, float it on the Shanghai Stock Exchange, and raise €1bn of debt-financed transfer capital no problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
All tax evaders should be shot TBF.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I hope Ronaldo goes to jail but Messi doesn't that would be hilarious

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Messi isn't going to jail, they already decided that.

He was found guilty but sentences in Spain of two years or less are suspended or something like that.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
hard to believe that the two so-called best players in the world are both massive frauds

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
There's a die hard Man Utd & Real fan at work that was making GBS threads on Messi saying Ronald was the best because he didn't defraud his taxes.

He is now claiming its a conspiracy made up by the Spanish authorities

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

There's a die hard Man Utd & Real fan at work that was making GBS threads on Messi saying Ronald was the best because he didn't defraud his taxes.

Yeah Spain is conspiring to keep down plucky underdogs Real Madrid

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
but would they commit fraud on a cold rainy
night in Stoke?

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

apparently it's to do with the spanish tax man saying that they now have decided image rights are taxable and want the last 5 years worth.

I'd move too if the tax man bummed me for that much money

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

hadji murad posted:

hard to believe that the two so-called best players in the world are both massive frauds

must be hard seeing your millions sat in the bank and getting angry about how you're not hilariously rich enough already

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Higuain posted a goodbye message to Dani Alves on Instagram but then quickly deleted it. So Alves probably really is going to Chelsea.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Thirteenth Step posted:

apparently it's to do with the spanish tax man saying that they now have decided image rights are taxable and want the last 5 years worth.

It's actually called the Beckham Law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beckham_law

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Still lolling at the thread title :D

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

trem_two posted:

Higuain posted a goodbye message to Dani Alves on Instagram but then quickly deleted it. So Alves probably really is going to Chelsea.

Big for Chelsea if so.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Thirteenth Step posted:

taxing massive profits thats insanity

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Thirteenth Step posted:

It's because Ronaldo sold his future image rights in 14 when the Beckham Law was about to be revoked and paid 24% on €153 million instead of 43%. Procestutors find the amount to be too high and as a way of not having to pay taxes on image rights in 2015-20

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Hegay posted:

It's because Ronaldo sold his future image rights in 14 when the Beckham Law was about to be revoked and paid 24% on €153 million instead of 43%. Procestutors find the amount to be too high and as a way of not having to pay taxes on image rights in 2015-20

Seems like they have a point tbh, ronaldo probably shouldnt have dodged all that tax

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Just pay the drat tax you rich cunts

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

CyberPingu posted:

mackintosh...

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hegay posted:

This seems fine to me, it's gray as gently caress but it's not against the law

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

:thunk:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

This seems fine to me, it's gray as gently caress but it's not against the law

Actually dodging tax is bad and I'm glad Spain is cracking down on grey areas

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Reminder that Man U held Ronald in literal slavery, hard to believe he'd want to go back to that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Blue Star Error posted:

Reminder that Man U held Ronald in literal slavery, hard to believe he'd want to go back to that.

Stockholm Syndrome

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Imagine paying full taxes lol

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Funny how several Gestifute clients have had tax troubles. Maybe Mendes is not a cool rear end guy? Falcao blamed everything on Mendes so he has to go to court in ten days time. Pretty hard not to see a pattern when Mourinho, Cristiano, Falcao, Coentrao, Carvalho and Di Maria all had problems with the tax man.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Hegay posted:

Funny how several Gestifute clients have had tax troubles. Maybe Mendes is not a cool rear end guy? Falcao blamed everything on Mendes so he has to go to court in ten days time. Pretty hard not to see a pattern when Mourinho, Cristiano, Falcao, Coentrao, Carvalho and Di Maria all had problems with the tax man.

Mendes involved in shady, illegal financial practices? Will wonders never cease.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
seems legit imo

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't Corbyn take all his money when he eventually becomes PM

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

seems legit imo

lol

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Blue Star Error posted:

Uncle Ron

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Big Heterosexual Ron will love it in prison.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Big Ron would top a lot of Spanish twinks in jail

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Mean Machine 2 starring Cristiano Ronaldo

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The story of a world superstar and his time in prison The Come Back Kid

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Didn't Newcastle United get raided by HMRC for tax fraud a couple months ago? He feels like he fits in there, it's a proper feelgood story.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Syncopated posted:

Big for Chelsea if so.

It may end up that Dani Alves is actually reuniting with Pep at City. Bit of a stopgap replacing 33/34 year old and slow right backs with a better and faster 34 year old right back though.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

pik_d posted:

It may end up that Dani Alves is actually reuniting with Pep at City. Bit of a stopgap replacing 33/34 year old and slow right backs with a better and faster 34 year old right back though.

Looks like this is the case, €5m fee.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Wirth1000 posted:

The story of a world superstar and his time in prison The Come Back Kid

He's gonna get a lot of cum on his back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA