Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

How bad is the game doing today? Is it just raubahn/pipin ex that's making things impossible, or are constant disconnects happening too?

At least for me, I wasnt disconnecting anymore this morning and ran roulettes just fine but Raubahn is still a wall. (Pipin was just fine for me on Adamantoise)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Minrad posted:

I mean, okay, vanilla FFXIV was dog poo poo but it at least had storyline quests you could in theory do if you got enough levels

I mean, he's right. This is an unacceptable gently caress up on their part, but you really haven't seen many MMO launches if you think this is the Worst One Ever. :v:

Both statements are true.

This whole situation would be a lot better if you reached the Foundations equivalent sooner in Stormblood, thus allowing people to spread out and pursue varied interests. Hunts, crafting, gathering etc.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

How bad is the game doing today? Is it just raubahn/pipin ex that's making things impossible, or are constant disconnects happening too?

Raubahn/Pipin seems to be the only truly broken thing right now. No DC's and most other stuff seems stable.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

sup 'stopped advancing the story >12 months ago' buddy

It's pretty crazy, evidently I have a squad of soldiers under my command now and there is a new resource bar for all my classes and also some of my stats are different.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
The EU FC on Omega has purchased a house, so if you're playing there and haven't joined them yet, you can now apply at Plot 39, 3rd Ward Subdivision, Lavender Beds (Gridania)

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

One thing I really hope they take away from all of this: Don't make solo instances for MSQ for leveling content anymore, or at the very least make them much much much later in the story. Ambushing random magitek armors should not be a bottleneck for story, jfc.

Also I'm not sure which is funnier, the angry people on reddit or the people defending it on reddit.

All they needed to do is make a queue for the solo instances and it would've been fine. Annoying, but fine. For some reason, they opted to not do that and now...

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Reene posted:

Hello I have come to join you in this dead gay anime catgirl simulator. I play Johanna Nyave.

Is it worth buying one of the skip potions and if so which one do you recommend prioritizing? I am tempted to skip over ARR because holy god there is a lot of filler but the actual main story is pretty decent.
On Excalibur, or?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is there any reason they can't just, like, allocate more solo instance resources to the Raubahn/Pippin instances temporarily? That really seems like something that should be possible. I guess it probably isn't because it seems like a real obvious fix, just take some of the resources for early ARR solo instances and use them for the Stormblood ones until the rush dies down, something like that.

I dunno. It's probably not possible. But jesus.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i mean, they already *said* there are more solo instances available. they're just not letting people use them. i don't know how they arrived at whatever dismally low number of solo instances they decided would be stable, but whether by design or by incompetence its not nearly enough.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Reene posted:

The bottleneck is just SB content, right?

Yes. I haven't had any troubles today with 2.x and HW instances on Excalibur--it's just the bottleneck early in the Stormblood content right now. Well, and really, really long queues for dungeons/duties if you're DPS.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I mean, he's right. This is an unacceptable gently caress up on their part, but you really haven't seen many MMO launches if you think this is the Worst One Ever. :v:

Both statements are true.

This whole situation would be a lot better if you reached the Foundations equivalent sooner in Stormblood, thus allowing people to spread out and pursue varied interests. Hunts, crafting, gathering etc.
Okay, I'll bite.

What other mmo expansion had 90% of the new content locked off and unplayable at launch

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Anarchy Online. It would crash after being in a large zone (like the starting cities) for about twenty seconds, and that's if you were lucky enough not to get kicked back to login first.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Meldonox posted:

Anarchy Online. It would crash after being in a large zone (like the starting cities) for about twenty seconds, and that's if you were lucky enough not to get kicked back to login first.

oh so 15 years ago.... cool

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

KoB posted:

FInally got through Rauban Extreme and there was no crowd at Pipin. Benefits of a smaller server i guess.

Odin seems to have calmed down now, I only say about a half-dozen people standing by Raubahn and I'm not experiencing intermittent crashes in Rhalgr's Reach or problems with any other instanced content any more. Login queues are still nasty though.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I hope to finally have a chance to play tonight. Still a 50 RDM, maybe I should just do beast tribes for now? What's a way to get poo poo done without disconnecting?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Minrad posted:

the pipin one's even longer, and it doesn't account for people who die/get d/ced inside the instance. so, lol

At this point it's just an echo chamber of anger but this really is the worst MMO launch I've seen. Like yeah I appreciate RDM and SAM, reworked pvp, etc, but the fun part of MMO launches is seeing the storyline and running dungeons and chatting about new content. I've never seen an MMO get figuratively stonewalled and just be unplayable for an actual 99% of the playerbase for more than a few hours, let alone over a day.

Have you heard of this game called "Final Fantasy XIV 1.0"

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Still easily around 40-50 people surrounding Raubahn on Ultros.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Minrad posted:

Okay, I'll bite.

What other mmo expansion had 90% of the new content locked off and unplayable at launch

There needs to be a graphic like the one that used to be posted in the Steam thread showing the revolving circle of the threads life, except for this one. This topic has been visited at least three times over the last day.

Shits broke. We'll deal.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Holyshoot posted:

oh so 15 years ago.... cool

Hey, no one specified within a certain time frame. I think all this is bullshit too. :v:

I'm really surprised by this after how smoothly Heavensward went. I was there when the servers came up and aside from a little hiccup early on it was like any other day as stability went.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Augus posted:

Have you heard of this game called "Final Fantasy XIV 1.0"

I played it, which is more than I can say of Stormblood post the first 10 quests

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Minrad posted:

I played it, which is more than I can say of Stormblood post the first 10 quests

You haven't played Stormblood except for the parts you did.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Augus posted:

you got me, stormblood's a thrilling two hour adventure easily worth the price of admission and sub fee

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Welp I guess Square is gonna just have to take a year off and reboot the game from scratch again in order to fix this instancing problem then, oh well.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Augus posted:

lmao a new low for SE stans

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Augus posted:

"Come on guys! You got to see 1/4th of two zones and do like...12 fetch quests!" Isn't exactly a great rebuttal to "I'm mad that I'm not able to get to see the content in this expansion."

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

"Come on guys! You got to see 1/4th of two zones and do like...12 fetch quests!" Isn't exactly a great rebuttal to "I'm mad that I'm not able to get to see the content in this expansion."

It's the proper rebuttal to "this is worse than 1.0" though
I get being frustrated over not being able to access the new content, I am too. The story is by far my favorite part of the game. But the melodrama is really silly.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Augus posted:

It's the proper rebuttal to "this is worse than 1.0" though
I get being frustrated over not being able to access the new content, I am too. The story is by far my favorite part of the game. But the melodrama is really silly.

Oh my god, goons are being hyperbolic in their disappointment and poo poo posting. This needs to be corrected!

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I can deal with being cockblocked by Elder Primal Raubahn, I'll just level other stuff in the interim.

... maybe, 'cause the leveling queue says "30+ minutes" and I hope to hell it's wrong.

Also I enjoyed the first Stormblood black mage quest because right out of the gate it puts you in combat and I haven't played black mage in months. Took a few tries but I guess it taught me how to black mage again.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
You can climb the tower in the middle of Kugane, the start is from Tasogare Bridge. Pro-tip: aim for thin air in front of the beams.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Oh my god, goons are being hyperbolic in their disappointment and poo poo posting. This needs to be corrected!

lol ok buddy

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

UHD posted:

I can deal with being cockblocked by Elder Primal Raubahn, I'll just level other stuff in the interim.

... maybe, 'cause the leveling queue says "30+ minutes" and I hope to hell it's wrong.

Do PVP to level if dungeon queues are taking too long.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can someone on Omega invite 'Boring Shieldman', i can't access the beds for some reason

also these fate parties are making the low-level fates insane

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

lol MSQ broken, game ruined FOREVERIAL.

gonna play Nier, see if I can get Emil to sell weapons and poo poo.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

plus you don't have to get close to the enemies
sorry you play bard like an absolute idiot

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Dr Pepper posted:

Do PVP to level if dungeon queues are taking too long.

Not a big fan of PVP but ninja gotta ninja. The queue won't even tell me where I am in the queue so if I manage to finish HW beast tribe quests before I get in I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestion.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

lol MSQ broken, game ruined FOREVERIAL.

gonna play Nier, see if I can get Emil to sell weapons and poo poo.

Stop him outside the resistance camp, that's where he sells weapons.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Level 60 Red Mage took all day and Palace of the Dead sucks a lot but now I have to decide what I should play primarily between RDM, MNK and WHM. I'm maybe leaning RDM but I'm not totally sure. I kind of want to stay loyal to my old main from day one, WHM though I've not really tried it in SB at all yet to see how things are now.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

spamming floor 50-60 of POTD is the fastest way to level, right? or does it not matter which floors I do

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

I made a quick AutoIT macro for re-attempting Pipin while doing other things.

code:
#include <Timers.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

HotKeySet('{PAUSE}','ScaleWall')

While 1
  Sleep(50)
WEnd

Func ScaleWall()
  Send("{NUMPAD3}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD4}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(3500)
  Send("{ESC}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
EndFunc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

UHD posted:

Also I enjoyed the first Stormblood black mage quest because right out of the gate it puts you in combat and I haven't played black mage in months. Took a few tries but I guess it taught me how to black mage again.

Healer queues seem to be the fastest.

I assume because paladins keep running dungeons because they think they must've dreamt the last one.