Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple

Cake Attack posted:

the saunion cant attack at 1 range?

ive made a huge mistake

Not empty quoting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah the super javelin seems real real bad with that restriction, like even the normal one is kinda rear end because it's in Binding Blade: Alpha as far as hit rates are concerned only you don't have anything besides generals and fiends to "counter".

SweaterGear
Jan 4, 2010

There's a Monopenguin! :swoon:
I found that Clive can use Saunion well because he's strong, decently accurate, slow, and never directly on the frontlines. It makes him do a big poke of damage while giving the Deliverance members that matter support bonuses.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So whose final battle quote is everybody's favorite? I am a big fan of Mathilda because of just how pissed off she sounds by the end of it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hunt11 posted:

So whose final battle quote is everybody's favorite? I am a big fan of Mathilda because of just how pissed off she sounds by the end of it.

Conrad, Kliff's, Leon's and Forsyth's are also pretty cool.

Final Battle quote compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYcqbcsBwL8

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Is there a good way of making large amounts of silver coins? I usually have enough gold to cover my upgrading costs, but I always seemed to be starved for silver.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vakal posted:

Is there a good way of making large amounts of silver coins? I usually have enough gold to cover my upgrading costs, but I always seemed to be starved for silver.
give someone the golden dagger, have them earth's boon as many people to death as they can, sell the resulting food.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Hunt11 posted:

kliff is very calm but :black101: at the same time. he's a pretty cool country bumpkin.
valbar's pirate burn is good. he probably thinks it is very clever

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Jedah is my favorite villain in the game.

He just loves being evil so much.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Endorph posted:

give someone the golden dagger, have them earth's boon as many people to death as they can, sell the resulting food.

Is there any way to get another one once you evolve it?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Conrad, Kliff's, Leon's and Forsyth's are also pretty cool.

Final Battle quote compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYcqbcsBwL8

I'm a fan of Clair's. I like most of them though.

Also man, I love the final map theme.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Welp, finished the game, loved it, had just the right amount of preserved things from Gaiden to make it still feel like Gaiden. I wouldn't have complained had they redone the maps to not be toss, but at the same time that isn't a deal breaker for me. What got me the most in Echoes was how everyone sounded like a loving human being. There were very few cases of "As you know *Insert thing that is known*" Faye was like the most 'gimmicky' cast member, and even she has her moments. Leon was a pretty good standout for me. There's a lot to be taken away for me from a writing perspective when updating a game that was so bereft of text like the original Gaiden.

All in all, this is a better remake than Shadow Dragon or New Mystery. Beyond those games being ugly as gently caress, they also didn't feel very fun to play. I dunno, they always felt very mechanical to me, and not in the sense that their mechanics drove the game, but as if they were rigid and unbending. Even with the limited supports and yeah, some of them still feel empty, they never felt like they ran too short for what they were. Also I'm fairly certain Echoes is the first FE to feature a character turn down anothers confession of love.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I just started a few days ago... it's a good thing I really enjoy Fire Emblem because holy poo poo I've already had at least 30 encounters from the guys who endlessly spawn on the map. They give you all these reasons to backtrack and then a new army spawns every other time you move. I could see that turning people off pretty easily.

The AI seems kind of weird in this, at least on normal. Sometimes in typical Fire Emblem fashion they will dogpile the weakest unit. Other times the enemy units seem to only target each of your characters once.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Official art of the 4 DLC characters

And keep in mind that they're releasing at the same time as Japan, which indirectly makes me think that the Switch FE game will be close to or maybe even be a world wide release with how close Echoes is and how Xenoblades 2 is a WW release.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I can't imagine how you're supposed to do this Labyrinth. You've got like six guys that can endlessly loop and get stronger and stronger thanks to Dread Fighter and make that three more thanks to the pitchforks but everyone else is pretty much screwed.

Tae posted:

I thought that was Athena for a second.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

I just started a few days ago... it's a good thing I really enjoy Fire Emblem because holy poo poo I've already had at least 30 encounters from the guys who endlessly spawn on the map. They give you all these reasons to backtrack and then a new army spawns every other time you move. I could see that turning people off pretty easily.

The AI seems kind of weird in this, at least on normal. Sometimes in typical Fire Emblem fashion they will dogpile the weakest unit. Other times the enemy units seem to only target each of your characters once.

Heck I just had one of those moving armies attack my stationary army - and since they got first turn they just straight up kill one of my units before I can do anything about it. :argh:

Having played awakening, fates and this, to me echoes is is definitely the weakest entry of those.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

Man, I can't imagine how you're supposed to do this Labyrinth. You've got like six guys that can endlessly loop and get stronger and stronger thanks to Dread Fighter and make that three more thanks to the pitchforks but everyone else is pretty much screwed.

I thought that was Athena for a second.

You don't even need to grind that much. Pitchforking a Baron to a Dread is nice but you can't really throw them into the poison weapon guys and expect them to come out alive. Plus there's the dragons with ranged attacks that ignore defense. What you really need to focus on is offense from a distance. So I brought three bow knights with Killer Bows and just always used Hunter's Volley which usually critted and one round most fights. Celica, Delthea, and Mae were my mages and shuffled the speed ring and two mages rings between them. Tatiana and Faye did their warp/rescue shenanigans, and anew was useful from time to time.

I brought Alm just in case but he was my only unit at max level so I didn't use him much.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Avalerion posted:

Heck I just had one of those moving armies attack my stationary army - and since they got first turn they just straight up kill one of my units before I can do anything about it. :argh:

Having played awakening, fates and this, to me echoes is is definitely the weakest entry of those.

Agreed, it's definitely my least favorite of the modern Fire Emblems by a large margin. So much so I sent it back to gamefly without finishing it. The constant spawning eventually destroyed my patience. Someone mentioned there weren't any bullshit maps, but the one where you fight the person who tricked Alm into thinking Celica was there was some bullshit to me. I don't know how you make it into that building without losing someone unless you cheese it with archers and the one flier I had.

My breaking point was losing Alm there, had like 5 enemies dogpile him, all with 50% chance to hit and he died... Decided to try Celica's side and saw it was a slow moving poison swamp with like 3 enemies who spawn adds and said gently caress this game.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 17, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

warp a dread fighter into the building

congratulations, you have completed a great game and proven the justice of our culture

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i like the swamps

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Tae posted:

And keep in mind that they're releasing at the same time as Japan, which indirectly makes me think that the Switch FE game will be close to or maybe even be a world wide release with how close Echoes is and how Xenoblades 2 is a WW release.

Fire emblem has been selling very well

I hope they keep HIdari as the artist. I like their designs a lot

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Avalerion posted:

poo poo like that is precisely why I play on Casual.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Casual is pointless in Echoes since you can just Bites The Dust.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Casual is pointless in Echoes since you can just Bites The Dust.

Avalerion posted:

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

gently caress, whatever. The solution to that is to just bait the enemy force into either attacking you on a different map or letting you attack them. Either way they're still annoying wastes of time.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I kind of liked it as it was an easy source of exp.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

It would be fine if it was like in 8 or 13 where you could very easily choose not to fight them.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
If you use a pitchfork to change Valbar's class, does he keep his armor?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vakal posted:

If you use a pitchfork to change Valbar's class, does he keep his armor?

Nope.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

So do they just put his head on a regular sized character body for the other classes?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Vakal posted:

So do they just put his head on a regular sized character body for the other classes?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

That's actually a pretty good look for him.

Valbar is kind of useless as a knight since Celica's battles seem made up by like 80% casters which just chew him alive.

I think I may burn a pitchfork on him and make both him and Atlas cavaliers so they can horse-bro together.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I just got Atlas myself and I can't decide what would be the best option for him. I surely don't need another sword dude given I've got three, but a horseman would just be miserable in the desert.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Prism posted:

I just got Atlas myself and I can't decide what would be the best option for him. I surely don't need another sword dude given I've got three, but a horseman would just be miserable in the desert.

Archer is a solid choice as well since Celica only gets Leon.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

You can do something like make Atlas a Merc to boost his speed and then use the Mila fork to switch him to whatever class you want, since his biggest problem is his bad base speed.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
It's really quite appropriate that Celica's ultimate technique sends her opponent to a horrible desert

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

gently caress, whatever. The solution to that is to just bait the enemy force into either attacking you on a different map or letting you attack them. Either way they're still annoying wastes of time.

I was having a very hard time on the Alm Story chapter with the Sluice gate when I realized the enemy world map spawns had backed up so much that an enemy army had been trapped on that map and thus to added a bajillion Archaists with mire to the level. I finally ended up walking back and forth on the World map till they moved so I could kill them separately and it made the entire level 100 times easier.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

galagazombie posted:

I was having a very hard time on the Alm Story chapter with the Sluice gate when I realized the enemy world map spawns had backed up so much that an enemy army had been trapped on that map and thus to added a bajillion Archaists with mire to the level. I finally ended up walking back and forth on the World map till they moved so I could kill them separately and it made the entire level 100 times easier.

On the other hand if you let enemy reinforcements join during the first fight with Berkut it makes the map somewhat fun as opposed to a hilarious pushover.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

galagazombie posted:

you could also have killed them and retreated from the fight and they would have stayed dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is Clair the Est of this game? Is it normal that she's getting four stats up per level regularly or am I just really lucky?

• Locked thread