Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

quote:

My colleague has an 18 yo daughter. He describes her as 'daddy's little girl' he is incredibly worried about her (first time i met him he told me she was gorgeous and people would take advantage, I was like sure, everyone thinks that about their kids. Til he showed me a picture of her at 14 looking for all the world like a 21 yo model with barely any effort - she is stunning, naturally beautiful, like something out of marble and I can fully understand his concerns, especially given she's trying to get into the fashion industry and is also intelligent enough to have gone onto higher education a year early - and therefore a year younger than everyone else)

She is utterly useless in the real world. No concept of money at all (went on holiday last month with $50 total, called her dad in total surprise that this did not last longer than the cab trip from the airport to the hotel. Then did the same thing 4 weeks later) Spends everything she earns on designer clothes/accessories etc on the grounds 'she's a fashion student and HAS to have these things' Decided she wanted to live in her own flat in one of the most expensive parts of town and got her dad to cough up 3k for the deposit (most second year student cobble together for a flat share but she 'just couldn't share'). I found this out during a conversation when he said they had a huge fight, he had put his foot down and said no, she'd thrown a tempter tantrum and he's stood his ground. He said 'she has to learn sometime' two days later money was transferred...apparently this wasn't the 'sometime'... She 'took him' on holiday - this holiday cost him over $1000 in food and gifts for her. He is paying entirely for her education (not entirely a bad idea, although we do have loans etc and it's subsidised, so it seems a little redundant - and the money he borrow to do so is definitely at a worse rate than getting her own student loan)

When he tells me these things I just sort of nod politely - it's not my place to criticise his parenting, but I literally have no idea what to say, so it became pretty obvious I disagreed. At this point he basically went 'i know i'm spoiling her but what can you do?'
I mean, stop? And let her learn how to do it herself? No one 'needs' a $400 clutch bag, if she wants one teach her about work and savings...
This girl is going to be so screwed when she leaves school, or when her dad dies and stops supporting her.

She'll be alright if she takes that last line literally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lollll holy poo poo he's getting conned in the comments into enrolling his kid into Full Sail

The only two people I've ever known who attended and graduated from Full Sail worked alongside me as Walgreens cashiers like 7 years ago. Lmao.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

My brother is 22 and still lives with my mom and plays video games all day. No job, no school and no drive to do anything else in life. He's shown no romantic interest in anyone either.

Once, when he was in 6th grade, I think, a girl in his class passed him a note saying she thought he was hot. He immediately went to the teacher and complained about her.

When watching movies with him, he would cover his eyes if there was any nudity. Even when playing God of War with my husband, he would cover his eyes when topless video game women were on the screen.

I always assumed he was either gay or asexual. I'm pretty sure he still thinks girls are gross.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Boyfriends [25M] immaturity got us expelled from Vatican City. He thinks I [24F] am overreacting and it is no big deal.

quote:

I'll try to keep this short. We're in Italy and were visiting Vatican City. There's the Sistine chapel where you're not allowed to take any pictures. Boyfriend decided to be the ultimate rebel and not only take a picture, but take a dick pic in the chapel. This was a place with like a few hundred people there with no space. No way he couldn't do that without getting caught. We were warned of the rules, and about modesty rules.
He took the dick pic, got us both busted by security and taken to a different room. They thought he wanted to pee in the chapel and were looking for serious charges but in the end after he explained that it was for a picture, they decided to expell us (for life) from Vatican City.
He thinks this was cool and adventurous and says he'd do it again if could go back in time. He says me being upset is an overreaction and he didn't do anything seriously wrong. About being expelled, he says "it's not like you're gonna come back here anyway"
Our friends who we're traveling with all seem like this was great fun and think I'm being too uptight and should just chill. Am I wrong to be seriously upset about this?
tl;dr: Boyfriend took a dick pick in the Sistine chapel in Vatican City, got us both expelled and thinks it was good fun and not a big deal.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That's p funny tbh

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

And honestly why would you go there twice? The bf makes a lot of good points

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG
I know the answer already, but how low is your self-esteem that you need to go to Reddit on this one? You're 24, not 12.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Understanding the purpose of confiding to others

quote:

Confiding has always been a tricky problem for me [23M], when I was younger (from 7 / 8 till 15 ish) my family used to confide in me a lot, and it was almost always pretty heavy stuff, no need to go into details about it though, I think the important information here is that it was heavy enough that for the longest time I did not feel like I had the "right" to confide.

Confiding is something I always associated with complaining, or looking for support, and despite all the horrible things happening to those around me, as far as I was concerned, my life was pretty good and all I had to confide about was child stuff, petty stuff, so I kept it in for the longest time.

When I was fifteen something changed, I met other people and I started to realise what my family had been confiding to me about really meant, what some of my loved ones had been through, so I started confiding too if only because I was really in need of help, I started to realise what had happened in the past and I needed someone to help me with that, I could not see myself "reliving" all that alone. Could I have done more ? Was I wrong ? Was I at fault too ? These were my thoughts at the time.

As far as I was concerned it was still a form of complaining / whining but it was justified as I needed help. As a result, a few years later I started to think I had been confiding way too much too way too many people for no reason at all, that I could have very well gone through it all alone. Long story short, I felt like I had screwed up big time.

Since then I've essentially stopped talking about me, it has become a subject I avoid as much as possible, hell I even avoid meeting new people or getting close to them so I don't have to talk about me, and if I do I will lie and do everything possible so that they will leave me alone ASAP. I do realise this can't be healthy, but these are all people I don't really know, nor do I care about really, so it doesn't really affect me and I can't help but think we're all the better for it.

Now come those I do care about, well, for this matter it's only my girlfriend [23M], we're in a long distance relationship and we've been dating for a bit more than five years.

For the past few months I have been regularly fighting / arguing with her over the fact that I do not confide in her often enough, and when I do it is pretty superficial. This has made me realise that confiding about anything to anyone has become really tough for me, writing this whole post is quite hard for instance. When I do talk about personal stuff with someone it often feels like I'm sacrificing a part of myself, as if I was betraying myself or losing a part of to this other person, giving them power over me to do as they please.

When I do confide in my girlfriend, things get heated because she will ask questions about stuff that I don't feel really matter, minor details that do not change anything to what I am trying to tell her. She feels these are all important details about the setting, understanding why everyone was like that and I feel like they are only distractions and she is missing the point.

When she complains about how superficial what I am telling is, I try, I really do, to think about what I am missing, what more I need to tell her. Either I can't put words on it, either I don't find "it" or I feel like it's something that should only belong to me. While it is true we are in a relationship I feel like I have the right to keep some parts of me to myself, or at least have the liberty to talk about them when I feel the time is right.

I did try telling her all that, but we just can't seem to understand each other on this particular matter.

For her, confiding is just about letting the other person understanding you, maybe getting something off your chest too and knowing someone is there listening to you, but not much more. Weirdly enough, this is exactly what I did when I was a child.

On the other hand, I think confiding should be about more than that. Everytime I tell her about something personal (past / present / near future) that do not concern both of us, it does "hurt" me, it is difficult for me, it is something I have to do very consciously, I have to walk myself through it and I have to try very had not to back down from it at the last minute, every time I manage to do that it feels like a minor achievement to me. Yet, it never seems to be enough, it still is "too superficial".

So, what is confiding all about ?

By the way, I am not a native English speaker, sorry about that, I did my best.

Thanks for reading all of that by the way, the post turned to be way longer than I expected. Thanks in advance for your answers and your help too.

tl;dr: Confiding in someone has become a huge problem for me, I need help and "guidance". What's confiding to others about ? What should be in it for the confider ? What should be in it for the confidee ?
:spergin:, :therapy:, or typical "beep boop men can't show weakness"? You decide.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

AmiYumi posted:

I know the answer already, but how low is your self-esteem that you need to go to Reddit on this one? You're 24, not 12.

this is pretty much the most open-and-shut breakup situation and she still manages to question herself

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

My husband [27m] of 7 years plays a game and I [26f] can't handle it.

lol

That's one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Naerasa posted:

Boyfriends [25M] immaturity got us expelled from Vatican City. He thinks I [24F] am overreacting and it is no big deal.

Your soul has to go through Vatican City to get to heaven so getting banned from there essentially limits your choices to Hell or Des Moines

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Naerasa posted:

Marry this man

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
What is it with people describing failure to launch people and utterly brutalizing the pronoun-antecedent relationship?
It's growing up in a household that doesnt care about education/communication, isn't it

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Bamabalacha posted:

That's one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen.

like imagine this person trying to make even the most trivial of choices

I'm still being blown away by it tbh, like I have really bad anxiety but having to take a pill to play a video game because you're so stressed out that you aren't the best at it :psyduck:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

like imagine this person trying to make even the most trivial of choices

I'm still being blown away by it tbh, like I have really bad anxiety but having to take a pill to play a video game because you're so stressed out that you aren't the best at it :psyduck:

Mental illness can manifest in many ways. Going to guess something is going on but their mom be has latched onto being bad at the game as the source of all that's wrong.

Like many of these posts the answer is :therapy:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
How will she deal with her kid getting sick, or going through various phases, or sleep deprivation if the idea of losing at a video game gives her panic attacks? And given how obsessed the husband is about his games I bet he doesn't do poo poo to contribute to child rearing.

Then the kid is gonna grow up to be a 22yo NEET and the parents are going to throw their hands up in the air baffled as to what went wrong.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

quote:

I emphasized this wasn't his fault, because it really is my unrelated anxiety that I am getting care for, and that he could play whenever so long as he knows I won't play with him if it's going to be a source of anxiety for me.
It sounds like OP is already getting therapy, but should probably be therapy-ing harder if she can't even handle playing a video game.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, it's hard to know what to say because she admits it's her problem an she needs to fix it and it's unreasonable. If she's not already in therapy she should be and yeah.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Me [23 F] with my son's principle [50(?) M] had his secretary call me to tell me I need to bake a cake.

quote:

This is unusual so bear with me.

I'm a single mom to a 4 year year old who is incredibly smart. Due to his intellect I had to send him to a private school since the public schools in this area would not allow him to be in the grade he is mentally capable at (He's in the first grade).

About my son and I
I'm a single mom to the truest sense. His father is not involved financially or physically and has never been, and no it is not possible to get any financial assistance from him. I live 500 miles from any family. It is just the 2 of us. I work a full time demanding job. My technical hours are 8-5 M-F but I often take work home and work till 8 or 9 at night. To help pay for Son's school I have started bartending on Saturday nights as well. Money is tight but we make it by.

About the Principle/school.
Son goes to a small school K-3 is the same classroom and there are 9 kids in total. He is receiving an excellent education, I LOVE his teacher and every other faculty member I've met. There are no problems here.

The principle is new, came on last month I believe. When he came to the school they had a parent meeting and had everyone meet him. of course I could not make it due to my work schedule. The next morning I spoke to the Ast Principle and asked if I missed any important things and she said it was just an introduction to the new principle and also an open invitation for parents to come in 2 weeks from now and help clean/ paint the school. I told her I'd love to help out and that I'd bring some cleaning supplies.
When I picked Son up from school Principle was in the office and this is the transaction I had with with him

"Hello! I'm Cupcakes! Son's mother. I'm so sorry I missed the meeting introducing you. How do you like the school so far" and extended my hand for a handshake.
"You are cleaning the school in two weeks, make sure you clean the such and such room. If you do not clean it up to par you will come back the weekend after to finish." Did not shake my hand and walked away.

I have ignored him every single time since. Immature, maybe but I will not be treated like that. And yes, I came in and cleaned the school only because I had told Ast Principal that I would.

TODAY
It's Valentines day! My main hobby is baking. I love it. Instead of handing out store bought valentines Son and I made cupcakes. They're fairly intricate. It was a pain because I've been working till 8 each night and then baking till midnight the past 2 nights but it was worth it to hear how excited my son was that everyone would love the cupcakes. They are monsters with heart antennas and eyes. Completely made by me. I brought them in this morning and everyone was impressed. It was nice.

I get to work and am on a call with a Client when my other line starts ringing. I answer it because I recognized the school's number.
"Hi this is secretary from School. Can I speak to Cupcakes?"
"This is She, is everything ok?"
"Principle wanted me to tell you to make a cake for Son's teachers birthday."
"What?! When is her birthday??"
"Oh it's Feb 2X"
"Well, I'm actually pretty busy with work. I've been having some Client issues and I've been working late every night. I can not commit to this though I can try. I'd need to know what kind of cake and what exactly you are expecting." "Oh well Principal says that you'll do it."

I then explained that I do not work in a bakery, in case this is where the confusion was coming from. I adore Teacher but I have my own things to do on my own time. The secretary's response was that I'll need to talk to Principal myself to tell him i'm unavailable. He is supposed to call me at some point today.

How do I handle this situation? If he had called me, complimented the cupcakes and asked if I could make the teacher a cake, I would have. Having his secretary call me to tell me to bake one is a different story. I'm so mad at the disrespect that I'm ready to call him and cuss the guy out. This is the second time that he's acted as though I am his maid. Fudge that noise. This needs to stop, and to be perfectly honest I am ready to move him to a new school or start him in a new one next year.

What should I say to him? Would it be better to write an e-mail? I'm quite angry right now and am not articulating my feelings is a calm manner.

tl;dr: Single mom made cupcakes for son's class. Secretary called and told me to bake a cake. I am waiting to speak with principal personally to tell him to go to hell.

quote:

UPDATE
I ended up calling the school and spoke to the PrinciPAL. I wrote down what I was going to say so here was my opener..

"Good Afternoon Principal. Secretary called me earlier today and told me to bake a cake for Son's teacher. I'm assuming this was meant as a compliment since the cupcakes were so well done and for that I thank you; I do want to make it clear that calling and demanding things from me is not acceptable to me. I am willing to help out when I have free time which is very limited, and when I choose to help it is a favor to the school not something that will be demanded."

He responded something along the lines of "It wasn't meant as a demand" and tried to say that I was being too sensitive about the subject.

I told him that I can understand if there was miscommunication but he needs to recognize that the things I do for the school (baking, cleaning, painting) are favors. He said he understood and apologized.

We said our good byes after this.

When I pick up Son from school I'm going to talk to Ast Principal about whom I need to talk to file a complaint about a faculty member.

I also have parent teacher conferences with Teacher on Tuesday, I am going to bring her a cupcake that Son and I made over the weekend for her birthday.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I wonder how fat this guy is

Me [22M] with my GF [21F] of 1 year, I ruined her sister's [25F] wedding and got dumped, but she's coming back a week after

u/Fleastdernta

quote:

What happened goes like this: I had not actually met her family much, just her parents once before, and they thought it could be a great way to introduce me, on sister's wedding day 😓.

Everything went fine, until nearly the time when the newlyweds were to leave for the night, I was starting to feel sick. I can't drink and I wasn't drunk but a case can be made that I was unreasonable with the food. When they came to say goodbye/thanks for coming to my girlfriend and I, I was feeling really unwell and that probably showed. They were approaching out of concern, I was making erratic signs of hands and head, and I suddenly puked, putting a lot of it on the wedding dress. The bride was so shocked she fainted and I didn't know what to make of myself. Well the family answered that for me, I was soon circled with angry people mostly male and fairly drunk, and not wanting to end this day with a beat up I excused myself and fled.

Texts from my girlfriend made it clear I was not welcome in our hotel room so I got myself an emergency sleeping arrangement, puked some more until I felt empty, then the next day woke up to break-up and otherwise angry texts explaining how I humiliated her to her family and a bunch of other descriptions that made me feel rightfully bad. I drove alone back to my place and was also called an rear end in a top hat for not driving her back despite the plan was to stay for the week and I had no reason to think she would want back now and I was still a relevant driver to her.

I received angry texts for three days about how hard it was for her to handle her family after this and how she doesn't want to ever see me again.

It had been a week, when I received another text, this time apologizing about everything she said and hoping I didn't take it seriously and of course we were still together and her family wants to meet me as her boyfriend. She explained that many guests of the wedding felt sick the days after and she actually asked about my health and I was doing. She's saying her family wishes to apologize too and she wishes I go back to them and spend a little time there (I still have a few days of vacation I had taken, normally we were supposed to stay for the week that just elapsed, but going for a short stay now is imaginable).

I don't know how to handle that. I don't want to break up with her for having puked on her sister, but I think she's delusional about the damage done. After the texts I received and re-read I don't think "her family" as a whole has any chance to ever accept me after this, especially not her sister and BIL. Maybe her parents feel bad because they were in charge of the dinner and it's the primary suspect. I am also "afraid" of her now as I don't know how to convey how heinous her texts were. It's not like her. If there had been less angry texts, or if it went on for less long and were more immediate, or if they were tamer, I would understand that anger makes you say things. But that lasted too long to just be simple anger.

I also don't think she was faithful to me during her stay and it doesn't matter to me that we were broken up, I don't want to ve broken up with for the necessary time to have some side dick then be offered the relationship back. I'm not certain of it but I don't know how to approach the discussion.

Generally speaking if we were to try again being together I don't know how to handle her family, her sister, her, and my issues with how she spoke to me.

tl;dr: Ruined girlfriend's sister's wedding by puking on her dress, family understandably kicked me out angrily and she broke up with me and sent me a stream of heinous texts. I also suspect she slept with a local during her stay. A week after she offers reconciliation and claims her family does too. I have my doubts and I don't know how to bring the discussions that need to happen if we try reconciling at all.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
"a case can be made that I was unreasonable with the food"

Buddy just admit you ate your weight in cake.

e:

OP posted:

I was eating more than most, helping people finish their plates. We were not on the newlyweds' table and we had some picky eaters. Some could estimate this was grossly exaggerated. But I was well within my known limits and felt very surprised to get sick, if that was to be the cause.

There's also some redditors thinking it sounds like another post where the GF was frustrated with her BF stuffing himself until he puked. :laffo:

quote:

I remember this story! Your girlfriend posted her side of it a few weeks back and according to her you went crazy with the open buffet. Like kept going back for full plates of barbecue like an obscene number of times. She was baffled why you did it. Let me see if I can find her post.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 17, 2017

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Haifisch posted:

"a case can be made that I was unreasonable with the food"

Buddy just admit you ate your weight in cake.

e:

There's also some redditors thinking it sounds like another post where the GF was frustrated with her BF stuffing himself until he puked. :laffo:

omg I'm in tears I don't know why

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Haifisch posted:

e:

Lol good poo poo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Girlfriend brings her new boyfriend, a garbage truck, to the family but is oblivious he isnt a person and grows increasingly frustrated hes throwing garbage bags into his mouth instead of dancing with her.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I (34F) am a virgin... and because of that, no one wants me

quote:

I am a 34-years-old virgin. I have never had sex. I am currently high. And thinking about it. I am desperate.
I had a long relationship when I was 16-19, and didn't have sex with the guy. The reason was - his impotence. He was my "first love", you know that puppy love... I thought I could live with that. I believed that I didn't even have to have sex ever in my life, as long as he was with me. In the end, I broke up with him. I got bored and wanted to try 'college life'.
At 19, I dreamt of having wild life at college, changing guys and stuff. I don't know why, but I really wanted that. That didn't end like that at all. Being a little shy, I befriended only one girl. She didn't want to accept any 'intruders' in our friendship (manipulating to achieve it), so we were only friends, with a few acquintances she hated.
We didn't have guys around us. She would get all passive aggressive if some non-motorcyclists approached (she was obsessed with guys who ride motocycles). So you get it.
Anyway, even after I realised it was a toxic friendship and stopped being friends with her, still in college, I had no guys around. I befriended some people, went out with them, met A LOT of guys, and all of them were with me only a day or two. One date, three maximum. I was desperate for losing my virginity, but still didn't want sex before at least a month of seeing someone. It never came to a month.
At the age of 24 I got to the 'month' and things seemed great, I heard the words "Oh you're a virgin at 24? What? Better not, sorry' for the first time.
So I started trying dating around, but still nothing. If I didn't want sex, I didn't hear from them. Lots of dating sites, meetups, etc.
So at the age of 30, I started a great thing with a guy. He seemed very interested, we really "got along" and had the spark. I wanted to wait more, to make him "fall in love with me" before I tell him. I avoided sex, with excuses that 'I just wanted to wait'. After two months, I told him I was a virgin. He got cold to me. Distant for days. Then he broke up, saying it wasn't his thing and he couldn't put up with that.
Similar things happened two more times. Trust me, by this day, I've lowered my standards to a minimum. I don't want to lie and tell I'm experienced, when there's proof. I thought about lying (to try breaking the hymen myself before the act), but I know that would be a bad thing to do.
I am desperate. I have no idea what to do. Should I lie? Should I look for virginity-fetish guys? I want love and sex and everything that comes with it.
Tl;dr- 34 years old and a virgin. No one wants me because of that.

:thunk:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

She needs to go get herself an incel

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
She's too old for incels. They require a higher quality of female.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
What the poo poo. I think that's a fake post by some euro and he's jerking off to the responses irl.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I (34F) am a virgin... and because of that, no one wants me

:thunk:
Ironically she'd have probably lost her virginity already if she wasn't being so neurotic about it. Now she just has guys worrying that her first gently caress has to be her true love forever.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

There is no way I would have sex with a 34 year old virgin she will def go crazy

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Blue Train posted:

She needs to go get herself an incel

Nah, more like hire a professional because she's insanely obsessed with her virginity and just needs to get it over with. It's also very important for her to feel respected and safe as a 34 year old delusional, anxious virgin, which she almost certainly isn't going to find with some random hookup.

Haifisch posted:

Ironically she'd have probably lost her virginity already if she wasn't being so neurotic about it. Now she just has guys worrying that her first gently caress has to be her true love forever.

Right. If she had some random hookup years ago, she would be fine now. But she's let her virginity and sex define who she is, so she's ridiculously broken over it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I (25F) am an asexual in a relationship for a year and a half, I have told my SO (27M) that I want to open the relationship so he can have physical relations with others, he does not wish to do so yet gets angry that I do not want to have sexual relations, what to do?

quote:

I'm an asexual. I've had sex a couple of times, a few times with a boyfriend in college simply to please him and never really liked it much.

I met a great guy a couple years back, we got to know each other and ended up in a relationship. From the beginning I told him I was asexual and he told me he was fine and it was no problem, however in recent months I could see he was getting frustrated with no intimacy, the most we do is cuddle/kiss/hug.

I decided to open the relationship, I ran the idea by him, I told him, I want you to be able to be with other people because I can't give you what you want, he said no to the that, that he was happy with me and it was just something he'd have to live with if he wanted to be with me, I told him it was fine if he wanted to sleep with other women so long as he was safe and using protection. He still said no, he wouldn't.

Yet since that conversation a few months ago, he has been somewhat hostile on occasion, one time we were out on a double date with another couple, they slipped out to their car to have sex, the next day he was really quiet and after some coaxing him to tell me what was wrong he asked why couldn't we be like that? I told him that I was asexual from the beginning but to be honest it wasn't surprising.

We had sex twice since then, simply because I wanted him to feel like I do in fact care for him and that I do love him, I didn't enjoy it, it wasn't bad or anything it's just not for me. Since then he has been very pushy despite us having another conversation about me not being comfortable doing so (having sex) and during that conversation he again stated he was fine with it.

Only for several days later to start being frustrated about not getting sex. Then yesterday he admits that he loves me so much but it pisses him off that I'm asexual. All his friends have girlfriends and a couple are even married and according to him they get to actually gently caress their girlfriends regularly. I was pretty hurt by this, seeing that I didn't lie to him from the start, I told him that I was asexual and he in turn told me he was okay with that.

Does a part of me wish I wasn't simply so I could enjoy sex like a normal person and actually have a good relationship for once, (lack of sex is why my two other major relationships have fallen through)

What should I do, should I have sex with him even if I don't really enjoy it just to satisfy him? How do I let him know I'm genuinely hurt by what he told me, because I have told him but he doesn't seem to get that right now.

TL;DR I'm an asexual, boyfriend is not, I wanted to open the relationship so he could have sex with other women, he refused but gets mad that I don't like having sex. We tried a couple of times but I'm just not into it
The only way this could be funnier if it was "I'm asexual, opened up the relationship so my BF could have sex, and then he mysteriously fell in love with someone he could actually gently caress. What the hell happened, reddit?"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

This is a little strange but the woman comes off as selfish as poo poo

Fiance [30M] gives part of his income to his younger sister [21f], I'm [30F] feeling hesitant

u/throwaway14295

quote:

Like the title says, just found out my fiance gives nearly a quarter of his income to his younger sister for kind of no reason (like nearly 30k a year). His sister doesn't have a job, is in college, and as far as I know doesn't have a lot of expenses. He says he's been raised in a family where it's normal to take care of everyone. I think the sister just uses the money he gives her for trips/clothes/fun things etc. not really responsible purchases or anything.

I'm just weirded out honestly. He also has two younger sisters that are still in high school. I asked him if he'll support them too when they leave their parents house, and he said maybe. Apparently his parents always taught him that the siblings that earn more should share with the siblings that earn less so everyone can live well? I've literally never heard of any parents requiring this.

Anyways, now im having second thoughts about our wedding because what I don't want to support 3 other people on our combined income for the rest of our lives if they can't earn enough to support themselves. I feel like that can't be my responsibility. On the other hand, I grew up a single child so I don't really understand sibling dynamics. Is this normal in certain families? Am I being selfish/unrealistic?

tl;dr: Fiance supports his younger sister with nearly 30k a year for no specific reason. Says his parents always taught him to share wealth with poorer siblings. Not sure if this is normal because I grew up as an only child.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Blue Train posted:

This is a little strange but the woman comes off as selfish as poo poo

Fiance [30M] gives part of his income to his younger sister [21f], I'm [30F] feeling hesitant

u/throwaway14295
Just talk to him about it? I doubt he wants to support them after college either.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I [35 M] am not sure what to make of a botched first kiss with a [27F] girl I'm dating

quote:

I went out on a second date with a girl I like. She's 27 and I'm mid 30s. We had sushi, and at one point, she said that in Thailand, where she's from, it's not polite to hold hands or kiss in public. She said, "But I'm not like that, I like to do those things," and smiled flirtatiously. She's been texting me every day since we went on our first date, and seems to be into me, so my confidence was pretty good at that point.
I proposed we go for a walk around the neighborhood after lunch, and she said sure. As we headed out, I took her hand, and as we rounded a corner, I pulled her towards me, and went in for the first kiss. But she put her head against my chest, laughed nervously, and it turned into more of an awkward hug. :[
No worries. We continued to walk, and hold hands. I proposed we go to the mall, where we walked around for a while, and then to a cool park a little outside of town. She seemed to be having a good time, the whole time, and intermittently, as the date went on, she took my arm, brushed against me, was smiling, laughing, making eye contact. She took pictures of me with her phone, made light conversation. The chemistry was good, the whole time.
As we were waiting by an elevator to leave the park, she turned her face towards me briefly, close enough that I could have leaned in and kissed her, but it only lasted a second, and I hesitated a moment too long. Still no big deal, we continued to hold hands and flirt. As I was driving her home, I took her hand again, and she put my hand in hers, on her lap, the whole ride home.
This is the sort of embarrassing part. When I dropped her off, I leaned towards her, to go in for the kiss. The hand holding was really turning me on, and I just wanted to pull her towards me and make out. But when I went in for the SECOND time, she turned her head again, and I ended up awkwardly kissing her cheek. She said thanks for the date, wasn't in a hurry to get out, didn't look sketched out or anything by my advances. But not really into the kissing, either.
WHAT HAPPENED? I drove home confused, because there is obviously physical chemistry between us. Do you guys think she just isn't ready to kiss yet, or was she not turned on enough or something, because of something I might have done, hesitation, etc? Should I keep trying to kiss her in the future, or have I been friendzoned?

This one is great because dude's wringing himself into hysterics over what seems like a very enjoyable date. Lmao.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Blue Train posted:

There is no way I would have sex with a 34 year old virgin she will def go crazy
I did this the last time I was in Florida and she didn't go crazy. It wasn't very good, though.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I [35 M] am not sure what to make of a botched first kiss with a [27F] girl I'm dating

This one is great because dude's wringing himself into hysterics over what seems like a very enjoyable date. Lmao.
Are you sure he didn't accidentally add 20 years to his age?

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
My (21f) boyfriend (22m) freaked out because I paid the bill at Olive Garden, unsure if I should break up

quote:

Throwaway account.
My boyfriend is usually very sweet and caring. He's everything you could want in a guy. Our six months together so far have been perfect, but now I'm doubting the relationship. I don't know if I'm overreacting. We've never had a big fight before this.
We were on a date to Olive Garden. BF had always paid the bill before this, so I wanted to pay for a change. I asked him twice if I could pay, first jokingly and second seriously. He laughed both of them off. I was kinda miffed but I let it go.
I paid for the meal while he wasn't looking (I realize now it was a dumb thing to do). When BF found out he suddenly got furious and yelled at that I deliberately disobeyed him, I felt disrespected and angrily asked if I was a dog. He ignored me and stormed out of the restaurant. BF was silent for the entire ride home.
At that point I was really upset and wanted privacy, so I ran into the bedroom. He followed and angrily asked what my problem was. I told him I was upset because he was worked up over a lunch bill.
This set BF off. He called me ridiculous, screamed that he hates me and to get out of his house, so I left. Right before I walked out, he kissed me and told me he didn't mean anything he said.
BF explained why he reacted the way he did. Basically, he was upset because he wanted to do everything for me and was reminded that I was capable of living on my own. He said he was scared I was going to leave him
I told him that I needed to rethink the relationship and left. Is this a red flag, or am I overreacting?
tl;dr: BF gets mad I pay restaurant bill, screams at me, then apologizes and says he was scared i'd leave him. I'm unsure whether I should end it or not.

Well, uh, at least he didn't escalate the abuse... :catstare:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He's psycho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
The funny:
[23/m] I asked a girl out [33/f] but things got weird. Help?

quote:

So, I met this girl at college and I found her fun to talk to. I asked her out without knowing anything about her (could not find her fb or linkin or anything). At the actual date, we talked for a while and I learned that she was 10 years older than me. I would have been fine if it was 5 but 10 was a bit weird for me. But, she was still interesting and cute. At the end of the date (when we both concluded that the age difference is too great and not going to work out), I ask her if she wants to be friends with benefits. My thought process was that she would never consider me as bf seriously but I still wanted to date without any commitment (and a bit of a hookup as well). She said no and she asked me if this was the reason why I asked her out. I said no but I dont think I convinced her. Did I ruin the relationship by asking the wrong question here? Would it be possible to repair or advance? How should I deal with this since I am still attracted to her?

(Both of us are Asians... if that changes anything... )

tl;dr: Liked an older girl, but still wanted to hookup and messed up everything.

The sad:

My (25F) BF (23M) can't read or spell. I'm tired of reading everything for him and concerned about his future

quote:

My boyfriend, call him Ken, can't read well at all and spells horrendously. No, he is not multilingual, English is his first language. We live in North Carolina of the United States and he graduated high school, if barely, and has attempted college. He claims he was allowed to draw his assignments (can confirm, have seen some of them) and he didn't go to public school but one of those schools for troubled kids.

As far as I can tell, he is just one of the kids who slipped through the cracks. He says he aged out of third grade due to the No Child Left Behind Act and never was able to catch up from there. Examples of my worries are as follows:

• When we go out to dinner he cannot read the menu. I have to guide him to what he might want to eat. This he prefers familiar fast food restaurants or Chinese buffets.

• When he ate the last of the curly fries I asked him to write it on the board. He wrote "Kurly frise" with the F written backwards.

• I know he writes his Fs and Gs backwards and he won't believe me when I try to tell him how unprofessional it looks.

• He has said his vision dances around when he tries to read so I believe he may have a disorder and he's told me at one point he used to have glasses that help but won't take any responsibility for getting them replaced.

• I have suggested he take remedial reading and spelling classes at the community college but he refuses as a matter of pride.

My main worry is that one day he'll sign something without reading it all the way through, be unable to fill out doctor forms, or make himself look too unprofessional for a job. Are my concerns valid or should I leave him alone and let him work it out?

Tl;dr: My boyfriend is illiterate. What can I do?

OP posted:

His mother read things to him and fills out his forms. He has no job but wants to get one as a food delivery person. He is a surprisingly good driver and doesn't get lost.