Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/joey-moss-recognized-service-edmonton-oilers/

quote:

Moss is the annual inductee to the Professional Hockey Athletic Trainers Society and Society of Professional Hockey Equipment Managers wall of honour at the Hockey Hall of Fame.

hockey hall of famer joey mosss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Can Karl Alzner speak French?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/876140505574379520

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

The Habs are going to not qualify for the playoffs in the 2017-18 NHL season.

But the Sabres will improve on their goal differential by a noticeable amount.

~edit
This says it all
https://twitter.com/CHatzitoliosMTL/status/876136809914396672

Drunk Canuck fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jun 17, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

A Mike Smith + Brian Elliot tandem could be really good or really poo poo. This will be fun.

Elliot's a UFA and I'd be shocked if Calgary re-signed him now that they have Smith.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

I would've preferred Beaulieu going to a team that would actually go somewhere.

Jesus christ, the most you got out of that was a 3rd round pick??? gently caress you, Bergevin you suck at everything.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

O.O

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I guess Bergevin planned not to protect Beaulieu and prefered a 3rd to nothing. Hans fans are pretty much stuck wanting to keep Emelin if there are to be enough defensemen to play now.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Mike Smith sucks now it's not 2012 anymore

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Bergevin is a loving idiot.

That is all.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
30 minutes of madness coming right up.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Those sure are some hard to parse plots. What do the numbers in zone usage and score usage even mean? Minutes per 60? Does Beaulieu even play 22 mins per 60? If it's zone starts what about neutral zone or changes on the fly?

Anyway good job Montral giving up a decent player for almost nothing but bad job sending him to Buffalo.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Krime posted:

30 minutes of madness coming right up.

Don't forget that Vegas isn't allowed to announce any trades they completed.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Koopa Kid posted:

Mike Smith sucks now it's not 2012 anymore

If only he sucked then the hawks could have stopped the kings rip

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

MononcQc posted:

I guess Bergevin planned not to protect Beaulieu and prefered a 3rd to nothing. Hans fans are pretty much stuck wanting to keep Emelin if there are to be enough defensemen to play now.

Either he's protecting loving Emelin or going the 8-1 route (which is even dumber).

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Mage_Boy posted:

What exactly are the rules there, anyway? I think I heard something like 3pm is the roster freeze EXCEPT for deals teams make with Vegas, which can occur all week? Is that right?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Mage_Boy posted:

this is the dumbest bullshit

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Koopa Kid posted:

What is it about Brian Burke that makes his teams completely incapable of acquiring decent goaltending? It's the strangest blind spot.

Because the most common way to get a decent goalie is to let a decent young guy play, and not start jerking him around the first time he has a bad month.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

eXXon posted:

Those sure are some hard to parse plots. What do the numbers in zone usage and score usage even mean? Minutes per 60? Does Beaulieu even play 22 mins per 60? If it's zone starts what about neutral zone or changes on the fly?

Anyway good job Montral giving up a decent player for almost nothing but bad job sending him to Buffalo.

Yeah his stuff is kinda cool but it's also really incomprehensible. Labels and units are cool things to have.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Looks like Bergevin released a quick statement to Habs' fans regarding the Beaulieu trade.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

OldSenileGuy posted:

What exactly are the rules there, anyway? I think I heard something like 3pm is the roster freeze EXCEPT for deals teams make with Vegas, which can occur all week? Is that right?

3pm is the roster freeze, protected lists get announced tomorrow morning (10am?) , then vegas has 72 hours to submit their draft list, which gets revealed at the nhl awards wednesday night

Zybl0re
Aug 10, 2002

I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT!
Hello internet hockey friends. I hope you have some fun in the sun, beers, etc planned this weekend. Just dropping in because TSN told me Beaulieu was traded for a 3rd and I just wanted to stop by and say the trade is bad for Montreal, IMHO. I figured y'all would have come to that conclusion already, but I just wanted to say.

Go Nashville!

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Maybe Goldblum thought he was getting the 3rd overall pick.

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

bergevin is playing 4d chess. this extra draft pick will allow him to finally trade for the puck-moving defenceman that he's wanted for so long

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

gently caress i got get a burger and we get our goalie. I had a sneaking suspicion we'd get the rights to one of their UFA goalies. I hope we sign ochocinco now because he's fine and we had him before.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Do it Nill. You have tiiiiiime.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

JoelJoel posted:

Do it Nill. You have tiiiiiime.

Starting goaltender.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

grack posted:

Starting goaltender.

Oh, right. Never mind.

I mean, like, Dallas has been start... no, still doesn't count? K.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well, looks like that's it for trades. Time to hibernate until Wednesday.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

grack posted:

Starting goaltender.

Dallas could still trade Bishop.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
that was a lot of trades. i could hardly keep up with the flurry. the flurry of trades

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

BMac said the Leafs were interested in Pysyk for Rychel+ but it doesn't appear to have happened. Too bad. NHL GMs are boring.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
who the hell is Montreal protecting that giving up Beaulieu for a 3rd was preferable to using a spot on him??

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/876153524479983617

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I hope McPhee rejects all bribes to avoid picking certain players and just robs a bunch of good teams of their 3rd/4th best defenseman instead.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

THE MACHO MAN posted:

who the hell is Montreal protecting that giving up Beaulieu for a 3rd was preferable to using a spot on him??

Rhymes with violin.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

No matter how low I set my expectations for every promised nhl trade frenzy I still always find myself coming away disappointed

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't Beaulieu a pretty marginal defenseman? He turns 25 this year, has played 5 pro seasons, and has amounted to basically nothing. If he wasn't a first round draft pick nobody would be blinking an eye at this trade. Dumping Beaulieu means that they can protect Benn or Davidson, who are probably both better players right now.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

yellowcar posted:

Dallas could still trade Bishop.

Might be tricky with that nmc that Nill gives to every goalie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

:siren: Oh there's another trade! :siren:

https://twitter.com/NJDevils/status/876156741012115456

• Locked thread