Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

There's a difference between a launch being terrible and the game itself being terrible. I dunno what launch-specific problems 1.0 had, but they were never gonna get around the fact that 1.0 was dogshit.

This may not be the "worst" launch ever, but I think it's fair to say it's one of the stupidest ones. Like ok, I can imagine some scenario where they actually were utterly prepared and some one in a billion freak accident occurred that meant this situation was completely unforeseeable, but I just don't believe that is the case. I don't have enough faith in SE, so I can't help but believe they were just plain dumb and didn't really plan well at all. It's started to make me wonder if they're actually ok with the bottleneck for the moment because they're worried other problems will crop up right away if they fix this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dr Pepper posted:

Do PVP to level if dungeon queues are taking too long.

How long does it take a PVP queue to pop for RDM/SAM?

POTD's probably still significantly faster than PVP for anyone under lvl 60 at least. :shrug:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Augus posted:

spamming floor 50-60 of POTD is the fastest way to level, right? or does it not matter which floors I do

Yeah, because it tends to have small rooms with easy set ups and you'll be out in like 15 minutes. People at the moment are running straight to the teleporter when the next floor is unlocked too instead of loving around.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

POTD's probably still significantly faster than PVP for anyone under lvl 60 at least. :shrug:

Pvp has no set party composition because you can change jobs during the setup period.

Of course everyone is leveling something specific so they won't. For example had one match with 2 healers in the entire alliance. (Only time I got good use of Eos in pvp so far too)

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

PVP Queues vary, but theres no job requirements so it's literally whatever place you are in line vs how every many PvP Instances exist. They're generally 5 minutes or less ever since the GARO event started, unless completely swarmed. Now that they give experience, I doubt queues will ever truly die again.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Anyone having problems with the World Transfer? I'm trying to switch to Omega and it claims its full.
Edit: Nvm got it working

Eighties ZomCom fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 17, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Guys its ok you can still hit 70 without even getting past Raubahn. Games fine! Great launch!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Holyshoot posted:

Guys its ok you can still hit 70 without even getting past Raubahn. Games fine! Great launch!

How did you manage that without any of the SB dungeons available?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Holyshoot posted:

You need more gil, imo.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Leal posted:

How did you manage that without any of the SB dungeons available?

PvP doesn't have diminishing returns above 60.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

PvP doesn't have diminishing returns above 60.

....Well gently caress looks like I'll be seeing that a lot .Good time to get my garo gear

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Minrad posted:

Okay, I'll bite.

What other mmo expansion had 90% of the new content locked off and unplayable at launch

Warlords of Draenor.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

So apparently some people are complaining about cleric stance being nerfed

Idioteque Dance
Jun 19, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Please Calm Down has had a lovely first day and people are still joining! 52 so far! :wtc:

We hit rank 6 so we decided to get ourselves a garden shed until Weeb Mansion becomes available.

Gathering people for the purchase:

And our housewarming party. Lots of holy spam and Papaya was had.

The house then disturbingly quickly turned into cult worship of The Cube. (all hail)

SECRET FOOTAGE OF The Cube (CONFIDENTIAL. DO NOT SHARE):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r47H4tw1v6s

Bonus Omega welcoming party:

Idioteque Dance fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 17, 2017

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You need more gil, imo.

thats not me sadly, some reddit dude

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Tell me people - do you think a restaurant with prestige and a name like for example Chef Ramsey would just open? No - they have Soft openings - they open to people to come and taste items, review and update before the official opening. But since a game isn't a restaurant, its not a soft opening! So it is early access! Think of it that way - you are here to sample the game before the official launch.

It is thanks to you, from the sane and reasonable to the whinny and ignorant, that they are improving as a team, a company and as individuals to offer more to you.

I honestly doubt there is anyone sitting on their backside at any Square office at the moment, and are working extremely hard to combat the issues you face.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Captain Oblivious posted:

Warlords of Draenor.

Greetings,

Thank you for reporting this concern. We understand that it's incredibly frustrating to be unable to access your characters during Early Access, and deeply apologize for this inconvenience.

We have confirmed this issue with the development team, and they are putting high priority on continuing to investigate how to resolve this for players.

At this time, it seems that the situation will require a resolution via the client itself (through updating the version). As such, we expect it to take more than several days to resolve this issue, including the time required to create the patch.

However, because this error is not caused by the corruption of local data or due to a PC issue, it is likely that re-installing the game will not resolve this issue.

Again, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We'd also like to note that if you continue to attempt to log into the game there is a chance you may be able to log in, so please try again after some time has passed.

lol at anyone who thought they were safer after besting pipin's wall, only to fall into susanoo's pitfall

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Minrad posted:

Greetings,

Thank you for reporting this concern. We understand that it's incredibly frustrating to be unable to access your characters during Early Access, and deeply apologize for this inconvenience.

We have confirmed this issue with the development team, and they are putting high priority on continuing to investigate how to resolve this for players.

At this time, it seems that the situation will require a resolution via the client itself (through updating the version). As such, we expect it to take more than several days to resolve this issue, including the time required to create the patch.

However, because this error is not caused by the corruption of local data or due to a PC issue, it is likely that re-installing the game will not resolve this issue.

Again, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We'd also like to note that if you continue to attempt to log into the game there is a chance you may be able to log in, so please try again after some time has passed.

lol at anyone who thought they were safer after besting pipin's wall, only to fall into susanoo's pitfall

Wait.... what?

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
That's the one about people's characters getting broken after doing the primal right

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

vOv posted:

Wait.... what?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...l=1#post4208570

Kuai
May 25, 2004

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I made a quick AutoIT macro for re-attempting Pipin while doing other things.

code:
#include <Timers.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

HotKeySet('{PAUSE}','ScaleWall')

While 1
  Sleep(50)
WEnd

Func ScaleWall()
  Send("{NUMPAD3}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD4}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(3500)
  Send("{ESC}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
EndFunc

does this repeat and it seems like it selects leave for me or did i just set it up wrong?

Kuai fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 17, 2017

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Torn between levelling my warrior or my main from the beforetime, paladin. Fel cleavin' is still fun, but they removed a bunch of abilities so I find it a bit... sparse. You just have your combo chains and fel cleave, basically. Paladin on the other hand seems to have gotten a bunch of extra stuff, and retains the shield swipe / spritits within to weave in between GCDs, so it feels a lot more involved.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Ainsley McTree posted:

Is there a good newbie guide for potd? I kind of ignored it before now and I'm too afraid to open chests or use any of the pomanders because I don't want to waste them

Not sure if you still need this but here's a rough overview.

Strength/Steeling: You can save 3 of each for the boss but it's not necessary. They grant a 10 minute buff so feel free to use them before reaching the boss.

Purity: Sometimes chest turn in to mimics which can put a very obnoxious debuff on 1 or 2 players. It can screw you over if you don't have anyone who can heal around since it stops natural healing and applies a degen. Make use of the 3000 max potions you have from running potd., and use pomander of purity to remove the Pox.

Witching: Use this when you over pull, then step on a lurin trap, then aggro a patrol, then a Bard opens a chest that turns in to a mimic. It will turn all enemies in to relatively harmless chickens or frogs.

Raging: These basically let you skip a floor except for a few circumstances. If the floor has Knocback Disabled or No Item Use for example, it won't work. You can let other people use these until you figure out the ideal times, but if you've hit floor 57 and have 3 in stock, it's time to start using them.

Sight/Safety: Whenever you feel like. If you enter the first couple rooms and it seems like a nasty map, use Sight.

Lust: Use to stack 5 Vulnerability on the boss then drop it.

I think that's about it. The only other thing I would say is don't use the transmutation or transfiguration or whatever one, because there's a very small chance you'll create a room with 12 mimics in it. You can ignore or use the others as you wish.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Are Samurai supposed to be extremely squishy or is it just me?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kuai posted:

does this repeat and it seems like it selects leave for me or did i just set it up wrong?

I'm pretty sure that's related to what I posted before. The default in dialogues used to be accept/okay, but now many prompts default to leave/cancel and it throws this script off. Unless there's an option that makes their default accept, and ours leave :iiam:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

spamming floor 50-60 of POTD is the fastest way to level, right? or does it not matter which floors I do

I'm fairly new to POTD, can someone explain how one is able to spam certain sets of floors? I thought you had to always work your way up to them after resetting?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Augus posted:

Are Samurai supposed to be extremely squishy or is it just me?

that's par for the course for melee dps I think. Make sure to set the self heal and leech role actions.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Note Block posted:

I'm fairly new to POTD, can someone explain how one is able to spam certain sets of floors? I thought you had to always work your way up to them after resetting?

once you beat floor 50 boss, you can start at 50 whenever you want

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Soothing Vapors posted:

once you beat floor 50 boss, you can start at 50 whenever you want

I'm somewhere past floor 100 and I had no idea! Thank you!

Minrad posted:

Greetings,

Sooo as it turns out, Raubahn and Pipin were just trying protecting us.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Note Block posted:

I'm somewhere past floor 100 and I had no idea! Thank you!

Sooo as it turns out, Raubahn and Pipin were just trying protecting us.

Raubahn, Pipin, Marauder Shields, unsung heroes of our age.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Kuai posted:

No idea, it's supposed to run once any time you hit "Pause". Maybe my keys or UI is set up strange? Anyway, this version is a little more robust since it hits cancel a few times to get out of any menus that opened on accident:

code:
#include <Timers.au3>
#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

HotKeySet('{PAUSE}','ScaleWall')

While 1
  Sleep(50)
WEnd

Func ScaleWall()
  Send("{NUMPADDOT}")
  Sleep(100)
  Send("{NUMPADDOT}")
  Sleep(100)
  Send("{NUMPAD3}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD4}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
  Sleep(3500)
  Send("{ESC}")
  Sleep(1500)
  Send("{NUMPAD0}")
EndFunc

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
The number of people stanning for Square here and on Reddit is astounding :psyduck: People aren't entitled for expecting a product they purchased to work, even if they do call the launch "early access" to cover their asses.

Why this level of dysfunction is accepted in tech/games is accepted I have no idea, other than extremely effective marketing convincing people that it's okay. If a launch like this happened in my industry, heads would roll, people would be fired, very public apologies would be made.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

The number of people stanning for Square here and on Reddit is astounding :psyduck: People aren't entitled for expecting a product they purchased to work, even if they do call the launch "early access" to cover their asses.

Why this level of dysfunction is accepted in tech/games is accepted I have no idea, other than extremely effective marketing convincing people that it's okay. If a launch like this happened in my industry, heads would roll, people would be fired, very public apologies would be made.

square enix is good and yoshi is my friend

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Minrad posted:

that's par for the course for melee dps I think. Make sure to set the self heal and leech role actions.

Guess I'm spoiled by Dragoon's (relative) tankiness compared to other DPS

panda clue
May 23, 2014

They already have made several public apologies.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

I work in tech and am extremely sympathetic for other devs when shits on fire and they're in a scramble to fix it having been on the other end of that before.
This still isn't in the bottom half of worst mmo launches anyways.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

kaempfer0080 posted:

Not sure if you still need this but here's a rough overview.

That's really helpful, thank you! My next challenge is going to be remembering which pomanders are which in the item menu so that I can quickly click the right ones.

Minrad posted:

Greetings,

This is really embarrassing lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

nobody's "stanning" for anything here lol

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I've worked in software long enough both to have seen worse releases and to be super loving glad I'm not on this project.

I originally had next week off, mostly to gently caress around and play video games. I'm tempted to put that off for a while if this is still busted by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Context
Sep 11, 2006

Kuai posted:

I had to take out one of the Send("{NUMPAD0}")'s, so there were 4 instead of 5. Then, after a good 20 or so minutes tinkering with it, I got in after three tries :v: