Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CJacobs posted:

I really have never understood why people like EYE. It's like you're playing a video game version of a fever dream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol4OSIGGukA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

CJacobs posted:

I really have never understood why people like EYE. It's like you're playing a video game version of a fever dream.

It's apparently fun co-op but I have no friends to play terrible games with.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

I went to the Shengen Museum which is built on the spot where the EU was formed and in their little kiosks they have one dedicated to contraband material confiscated at the Belgian border and the centerpiece is a stack of bootleg copies of GUN for PS2

Did you grab one?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

CJacobs posted:

Some people are just into that sort of thing. See also Suda 51.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Mak0rz posted:

I'm not playing E.Y.E anymore. You have to walk like ten miles between objectives and fight your way through mobs of infinitely-spawning enemies along the way. Also you think you're going in the right direction the first time? WRONG. Backtrack for five minutes and find another route! There's no quick saving and I ran out of respawns near the end of one long and confusing mission and have to do it again.

gently caress this game.

You can disable the enemy respawning in the game's options. The difficulty is also really variable in general if you poke around there.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Palpek posted:

Your best bet for playing multiplayer with well-adjusted people is playing with goons, that's how dire things are.

JOHN MADDEN

JOHN MADDEN

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

I'm not playing E.Y.E anymore. You have to walk like ten miles between objectives and fight your way through mobs of infinitely-spawning enemies along the way. Also you think you're going in the right direction the first time? WRONG. Backtrack for five minutes and find another route! There's no quick saving and I ran out of respawns near the end of one long and confusing mission and have to do it again.

gently caress this game.

Git gud

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

an actual dog posted:

Did you grab one?

It was behind bulletproof glass because it's a part of international history now.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Guy Mann posted:

You can disable the enemy respawning in the game's options. The difficulty is also really variable in general if you poke around there.

I'll check it out.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

basalt posted:

How does everyone go about meeting well-adjusted people to play multi-player games with?

In Training posted:

Play fighting games

This is like the worst advice

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

It was behind bulletproof glass because it's a part of international history now.

they thought they were actual loaded guns because they've never seen a game that didn't involve twine and jacks before

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

People keep saying stuff like that but its not true in my experience, but i never tried to play a smash local.

Fighting games people have always been happy new people show up and will tell them how to get better but ymmv.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I have been playing fighting games all month and I have not experienced any antagonism from other players online. Mostly because no one talks during matches.

There have been quite a few goon tournaments of Tekken 7 and they have all been fun and friendly

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I tend to be Bad At Video Games so randos don't really like playing with me. I've given up on trying to have a good time playing Age of Empires 2 online. Most of my friends play games I can't really get into (MMORPGS, fighting games) or new games I don't have the hardware/money to play and I tend to not like playing competitively anyway and prefer doing co-op campaigns and poo poo. This kind of limits my options :shrug:

The last time I had a lot of fun playing a multiplayer game was when my girlfriend and I went through RE5 and 6 on 360 a few years ago.

I really miss having roommates and firing up the GameCube for some 4 player Double-Dash :sigh:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

He said play fighting games with Imp Zone. Which may also be bad advice I don't play games with people except for Friday the 13th

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have been playing fighting games all month and I have not experienced any antagonism from other players online. Mostly because no one talks during matches.

There have been quite a few goon tournaments of Tekken 7 and they have all been fun and friendly

Lol if you havent had any live mic opponents playing tekken

Missing some funny idiots who dont know theyrebroadcasting

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The Friday the 13th thread took a hard right turn into 4chanville when someone mentioned that pubbies yelling racial slurs is annoying and then someone else started flipping the gently caress out about SJWs in response and then a bunch of GBS posters showed up to back him.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

games bad

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

game is in fact good

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are you talking about Games, video games or VideoGames

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lurdiak do you go looking for things to get offended about? I just looked at the thread and you're definitely full of poo poo.

http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/15/segas-wishlist-for-pc-releases-has-all-the-same-games-as-yours-including-yakuza-and-persona/

quote:

Asked by PC Gamer what it might bring next, and specifically whether Yakuza and Persona are inbound, Sega Europe’s John Clark hinted that the publisher agrees with you on what it should do next.

“If I asked you to write me a list of ten games you want Sega to bring out on PC, it probably isn’t any different from the list [we have],” he said.

“If you send [your] list over I’ll tell you which ones we can tick, which ones are on our list, which ones are possibilities, which ones are not possibilities, which ones we’ve talked about, which ones we’re talking about, which ones we’re working on, you know, they’ll be on that list.”

Clark said specifically that Yakuza is on Sega’s list and that the publisher is talking about bringing it to PC, and “of course” so is Persona.

I'd loving kill to be able to play persona.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 17, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Sega wait can we get all the Yakuzas and Personas on Switch, too

Really want to play with my cabaret RPG on the go

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

FG people are swaggy AF.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

Lurdiak do you go looking for things to get offended about? I just looked at the thread and you're definitely full of poo poo.

I'm not sure anyone goes around looking for things to get offended about, and maybe you need to take a second look at that thread.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

playing persona 4 while on a 4 hour fight was extremely cool and good

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ostentatious posted:

playing persona 4 while on a 4 hour fight was extremely cool and good

Who won?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you want to meet new friends at tourneys I suggest traveling back in time like five years and meeting people at Guitar Hero tournaments. I met a lot of fun chill people at those and then we rocked out to the requisite Dragonforce song

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

http://www.vg247.com/2017/06/15/segas-wishlist-for-pc-releases-has-all-the-same-games-as-yours-including-yakuza-and-persona/

I'd loving kill to be able to play persona.

Maybe I just missed it but does the article actually list the games they wrote down that sega could confirm aside from yakuza and persona?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this hillary clinton lady who runs not-venice in the middle of ffxv is the worst facial animation ive seen in a aaa game including me:a

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Maybe I just missed it but does the article actually list the games they wrote down that sega could confirm aside from yakuza and persona?

It doesn't, but I'd assume that list includes puyo puyo Tetris and the valkyria games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

It doesn't, but I'd assume that list includes puyo puyo Tetris and the valkyria games.

I just wanna know about skies of arcadia dammit

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lurdiak posted:

The Friday the 13th thread took a hard right turn into 4chanville when someone mentioned that pubbies yelling racial slurs is annoying and then someone else started flipping the gently caress out about SJWs in response and then a bunch of GBS posters showed up to back him.

Uh I haven't gotten that far in the thread yet but thanks for the warning and so much for playing that with goons

EDIT:

Grapplejack posted:

Well now I don't know what the gently caress

codenameFANGIO fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 17, 2017

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Grapplejack posted:

they can't bring ppt to pc, ubi has exclusive licences :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

an actual dog posted:

they can't bring ppt to pc, ubi has exclusive licences :(

Those fuckers :argh:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I would be less angry if tetris ultimate wasn't garbage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's good to remind yourself periodically that Ubisoft managed to release a version of Tetris in 2014 that had an unstable framerate, if you needed a quick reminder why they suck rear end

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

codenameFANGIO posted:

Well now I don't know what the gently caress

As usual, it was like one guy and goons exaggerate everything to the nth degree for some reason.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

they'll sort out the issues in tetris 2, though the metafiction of T-blocks vs S-sassins gets much dumber

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

In Training posted:

It's good to remind yourself periodically that Ubisoft managed to release a version of Tetris in 2014 that had an unstable framerate, if you needed a quick reminder why they suck rear end

My laptop couldn't run it. My laptop couldn't run Tetris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

As usual, it was like one guy and goons exaggerate everything to the nth degree for some reason.

It was several guys and the derail went on for several pages, but then goons always downplay things they don't care about for some reason.

• Locked thread