Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

The Muppets On PCP posted:

so were you waiting for the end times or are you just planning on ending it all in the near future

We are living in the end times and I do take pills for anxiety issues. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

there are antiabortion protestors outside my local pride festival

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Pikavangelist posted:

Where to find the most confused looking gay men for 200 , Alex.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Mr Hootington posted:

Hello I got my gun today.

meltmas came early this year

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Pikavangelist posted:

did you tell them they suck on ice

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pikavangelist posted:

well that's nice of them to want all the gay couples to be fruitful and multiply

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Update: the abortion protestors are now outside a craft beer festival

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I forgot how remarkably salty the :pubstove: of Payday 2 is.

Whole team down on an escape, 15 seconds left and the host yells at me for hiding on the escape with only secondary ammo instead of charging the enemy masses.

I get kicked with 9 seconds remaining and one other player trying to explain that just me surviving in the escape zone would make us win the mission. But no, the host wants to lose 30 minutes of playtime rewards just because I did not help him up. :allears:

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
As grocery shoppers work to digest Amazon’s massive acquisition of Whole Foods for $13.7 billion, the digital storefront recently scored a victory that aims to reinforce the company’s growing investments in brick-and-mortar retail.

Amazon was awarded a patent May 30 that could help it choke off a common issue faced by many physical stores: Customers’ use of smartphones to compare prices even as they walk around a shop. The phenomenon, often known as mobile “window shopping,” has contributed to a worrisome decline for traditional retailers.

But Amazon now has the technology to prevent that type of behavior when customers enter any of its physical stores and log onto the WiFi networks there. Titled “Physical Store Online Shopping Control,” Amazon’s patent describes a system that can identify a customer’s Internet traffic and sense when the smartphone user is trying to access a competitor’s website. (Amazon chief executive Jeffrey P. Bezos is also the owner of The Washington Post.)

When that happens, Amazon may take one of several actions. It may block access to the competitor’s site, preventing customers from viewing comparable products from rivals. It might redirect the customer to Amazon’s own site or to other, Amazon-approved sites. It might notify an Amazon salesperson to approach the customer. Or it might send the customer’s smartphone a text message, coupon or other information designed to lure the person back into Amazon’s orbit.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

That's the good stuff.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pikavangelist posted:

Update: the abortion protestors are now outside a craft beer festival

Offer them beer and condoms.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

The Muppets On PCP posted:

As grocery shoppers work to digest Amazon’s massive acquisition of Whole Foods for $13.7 billion, the digital storefront recently scored a victory that aims to reinforce the company’s growing investments in brick-and-mortar retail.

Amazon was awarded a patent May 30 that could help it choke off a common issue faced by many physical stores: Customers’ use of smartphones to compare prices even as they walk around a shop. The phenomenon, often known as mobile “window shopping,” has contributed to a worrisome decline for traditional retailers.

But Amazon now has the technology to prevent that type of behavior when customers enter any of its physical stores and log onto the WiFi networks there. Titled “Physical Store Online Shopping Control,” Amazon’s patent describes a system that can identify a customer’s Internet traffic and sense when the smartphone user is trying to access a competitor’s website. (Amazon chief executive Jeffrey P. Bezos is also the owner of The Washington Post.)

When that happens, Amazon may take one of several actions. It may block access to the competitor’s site, preventing customers from viewing comparable products from rivals. It might redirect the customer to Amazon’s own site or to other, Amazon-approved sites. It might notify an Amazon salesperson to approach the customer. Or it might send the customer’s smartphone a text message, coupon or other information designed to lure the person back into Amazon’s orbit.

note: the patent is garbage and would never hold up in courts, also in store wifi has had the capacity to block any site the retailer wants for a long rear end time

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

i thought games made fun of them until they gave up?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

R. Mute posted:

you know, at first i had a real wrong impression of frankie boyle, having only seen him on garbage shows like mock the week. thought he was just the type of shock comedian made for that kind of rapid fire comedy.

but he's good. he is.

yeah, it turns out he's a middle-aged anti-imperialist with a deep love of grime.

this was my fave joke from the last ep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdACEzbjG-w&t=944s

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Hello I got my gun today.

when you suddenly stop posting and well okay nobody will notice but if people did notice i would cite this post

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

If these storms produce tornadoes and wipe my city off the map, I just want to say gently caress you Volkerball before I die.

e: Tornado touched down just west of my city. :ohdear:

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 18, 2017

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Furnaceface posted:

If these storms produce tornadoes and wipe my city off the map, I just want to say gently caress you Volkerball before I die.

mandatory lesbian posted:

when you suddenly stop posting and well okay nobody will notice but if people did notice i would cite this post

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Furnaceface posted:

Please don't wipe out Toronto, I'm visiting there in a few weeks! :smith:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Furnaceface posted:

:ohdear: stay safe!!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Stephen Furst died. :smith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Please don't wipe out Toronto, I'm visiting there in a few weeks! :smith:

This is north of that. The only thing that could wipe Toronto off the map would be a Stanley Cup win so its safe to assume it will still be intact for your entire lifetime.

Radio is saying it might have been a water spout so thats good news.

Still not out of the woods yet but the radar shows the worst of it passing over within the hour.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

quote:

I grew up only knowing New Labour: war, tuition fees and asbos, followed by more of the same from the Tories. Our elders would use the word “Thatcher” loaded like she was the bogeyman, a myth. But we didn’t ever appreciate how bad she was, because until this election, Thatcherism is all we’ve known; our “normal”. The idea that government spending on social welfare can be how society looks after its citizens, rather than shaming them, has never featured in mainstream politics in my lifetime. We’ve been at war with the Middle East since I was 11, so a leader who doesn’t champion bombing people into “freedom” is weirdly refreshing. Jeremy Corbyn’s campaign pushed back against mainstream beliefs that have been presented as the truth all my life, closing the gap between Westminster and the East End.

good poo poo

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

some how a bunch of fire flies got into my house and now I have all the lights off. It's pretty great.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hollismason posted:

some how a bunch of fire flies got into my house and now I have all the lights off. It's pretty great.

:kimchi:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

exmarx posted:

yeah, it turns out he's a middle-aged anti-imperialist with a deep love of grime.

this was my fave joke from the last ep
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdACEzbjG-w&t=944s

it hilarious that America is now a warning post on the road to self-destruction

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it hilarious that America is now a warning post on the road to self-destruction

It's been one since the patriot act passed, at the latest.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-CeBpV-XUk

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avwWa2EV4a4

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

That's a pretty bizarre fetish video

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

this is dark

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Hollismason posted:

That's a pretty bizarre fetish video

I raise you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qv3hMYAj_w

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

no

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

these videos confuse me

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Mr Hootington posted:

these videos confuse me

this thread confuses me

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

fishmech posted:

note: the patent is garbage and would never hold up in courts, also in store wifi has had the capacity to block any site the retailer wants for a long rear end time

Do people connect to store wireless networks anyway? (Serious question; I know I don't :shrug:)

e: It's the old "Americans have capped data plans :lol:" thing, isn't it?

ziggurat
Jun 18, 2017

by Smythe
sheep's on the hillside, lizard's on the rock

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do people connect to store wireless networks anyway? (Serious question; I know I don't :shrug:)

e: It's the old "Americans have capped data plans :lol:" thing, isn't it?

America is bad is the conclusion.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mr Hootington posted:

America is bad is the conclusion.

If consumers want to pay for extremely lovely over-priced data plans, the Free Market will provide :shrug:

e: But yes, obviously.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
has there ever been a remotely pro-israel poster in i/p who a) knew anything about israeli history and b) wasn't willing to tacitly or openly justify evil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Disinterested posted:

has there ever been a remotely pro-israel poster in i/p who a) knew anything about israeli history and b) wasn't willing to tacitly or openly justify evil

I have a distinct feeling this question might be rhetorical or at least leading.

• Locked thread