Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I've never worked on software and have had sex with multiple women, story checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
It was great getting my disconnect: I watched the cutscene at Raubahn's Wall and right when the guy goes "Attaaaaaaack" and the cutscene clearly does the fadeout into a battle I d/ced.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

isk posted:

Don't get me wrong - this is a critical/priority 1 problem. In my job, someone forgets to check a box and it costs thousands if not millions of dollars - equally rare and impactful. "I'm really mad" is a valid reaction. "They should be fired" is an overreach. Unless there's a trend or demonstrable malfeasance, like if this was a genuine mistake or an incorrect estimation, I'm reasonably confident whoever's responsible a) feels like poo poo, and b) wants to take steps to prevent this moving forward.

*edit -

Also: don't be a bad like me and miss the flank/rear combo -> Kenki boosts.

You forgot a potential alternate C) Repeatedly said this was going to happen and was ignored by people who don't feel like poo poo over it and are incapable of learning from mistakes

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The 404 queue is truly a masterstroke

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The fact that there is a tiny branch before Raubahn suggests to me that they thought that would mitigate the issue in some way, which shows how dramatically they underestimated what a problem it would be.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Obligatum VII posted:

You forgot a potential alternate C) Repeatedly said this was going to happen and was ignored by people who don't feel like poo poo over it and are incapable of learning from mistakes

This too! Said it earlier in the thread - might be some bureaucratically-entrenched rear end in a top hat everyone else can't wait to see leave the company.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure the disconnect ate my HQ crafting mats.
:smith:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I pronounce it "Louee zoiks" and I don't care what anyone in game says.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
i'm currently the non-moving queue

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i'm currently the non-moving queue

The 404?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mine says 1022 now.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I think Primal might be dead.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
1200 person queue that aint moving.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
2510 person queue that doesn't move. Seems legit.

Mentioned it in game, but I'm really liking MCH now. Without the CD-dance for Wildfire it plays a lot nicer and being able to move and shoot things all the time is great.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Leal posted:

1200 person queue that aint moving.

Mine's 2201

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kaiten doesn't buff the DoT aspect of Higanbana, seems like a waste of Kenki gauge, unless you're generating more than enough at 70?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Been stuck st 525 for twenty minutes. Emergency fixes maybe?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hear if you get through the queue in under 12 hours, you can join Excalibur II.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Kaiten doesn't buff the DoT aspect of Higanbana, seems like a waste of Kenki gauge, unless you're generating more than enough at 70?

It does buff the DoT, actually.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hear if you get through the queue in under 12 hours, you can join Excalibur II.

:golfclap:

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think you should retire from jokes, I don't think you'll top this one.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Somebody explain it to me I'm stupid

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Evil Fluffy posted:

i tested this myself and it absolutely does

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Ainsley McTree posted:

And know what? It's their responsibility to plan ahead and do this. That is quite literally at least 5 of their jobs (*presuming they have QA which they are a multi million if not billion dollar company. One of the TOP gaming studios of the entire planet.)
I hold them accountable for it. Look up the statistics and data on how many players are retained in video games after messes like this that are not resolved within 24 hours.
That number is low.
Because FF14 is such a large game with so much hype that people already have bought in at this point that number is going to be less-- but the consequences are that likely 50% of the playerbase is currently angry with the entire SE team right now.
Right or wrong, that is exactly what is happening now.
I have had literally 8 (out of 10, yes really 80%) in real life people between coworkers and friends I know who started this game with this expac and they have now issued requests for their money back and are going back to their old game (overwatch, wow, etc).

People aren't happy. And if I wasn't almost 2 THOUSAND hours of play into this game I would probably ask for a refund and leave too.
This is MORE than poor form.
While we have trolls like MrHappy post videos and basically laugh in all of our faces on youtube hold their heads high and lord over us because they got assistance getting past the quest.
No. It's not acceptable. It's ridiculous. And there should have been insight from developers as talented and capable as the ones who work at one of the biggest gaming studios on the entire planet.
Period.
Now let me go and watch Mr Happy play the game that I ordered that I can't actually play because he is special and got special access and actual help from the development team that just backhanded the majority of the playerbase.
Because that's all I can do right now. FUN.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

You can also try waiting 19,884 hours if you're using the ntsc version, or 23,861 hours for the pal version.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I think the server just kicked everybody and poo poo the bed

place in queue 2,975 and not moving

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

if you beat ff9 in 12 hours you unlocked a sword called Excalibur II

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Been stuck st 525 for twenty minutes. Emergency fixes maybe?

More like emergency reboot the world servers

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I warned you guys yesterday to stop using the duty finder when it said to please not use the duty finder!! Now we reap our just rewards.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Minrad posted:

And know what? It's their responsibility to plan ahead and do this. That is quite literally at least 5 of their jobs (*presuming they have QA which they are a multi million if not billion dollar company. One of the TOP gaming studios of the entire planet.)
I hold them accountable for it. Look up the statistics and data on how many players are retained in video games after messes like this that are not resolved within 24 hours.
That number is low.
Because FF14 is such a large game with so much hype that people already have bought in at this point that number is going to be less-- but the consequences are that likely 50% of the playerbase is currently angry with the entire SE team right now.
I have had literally 8 (out of 10, yes really 80%) in real life people between coworkers and friends I know who started this game with this expac and they have now issued requests for their money back and are going back to their old game (overwatch, wow, etc).

People aren't happy. And if I wasn't almost 2 THOUSAND hours of play into this game I would probably ask for a refund and leave too.
While we have trolls like MrHappy post videos and basically laugh in all of our faces on youtube hold their heads high and lord over us because they got assistance getting past the quest.
No. It's not acceptable. It's ridiculous. And there should have been insight from developers as talented and capable as the ones who work at one of the biggest gaming studios on the entire planet.
Period.
Now let me go and watch Mr Happy play the game that I ordered that I can't actually play because he is special and got special access and actual help from the development team that just backhanded the majority of the playerbase.

Holy poo poo dude

E: did I get official forum'd?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Minrad posted:

And know what?

Minera source ur quotes plz

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I don't know why MSQ's have to be solo anyway, let people team up. I'm usually playing with a friend and it's annoying as poo poo with all the solo stuff.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

For the record I'm merely just miffed about the problem. Instead I'm having a blast taking SAM through PVP. That is, when the servers aren't collapsing on themselves.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Holy poo poo dude

Here is the thing if:
If a problem is obvious.
The solution is obvious.
The solution is easy.
Any rational human being implements the solution. They have every incentive to do so, and strong incentives against not doing so. Nobody avoids doing something obvious and easy when the incentives for doing so strong and the consequences for not doing so are great.
The very fact this is happening means one of those must be false:
The problem was obvious.
The solution is obvious.
The solution is easy.
Take your pick of which is most probable. However, one of those is almost by definition false.
It's less to do with "defending" anything and more to do with being frustrated by folks presenting this situation as being perpetuated by malicious, insane trolls. If avoiding this really was an eye-rolling easy "They should have just...." type problem as so many commentators advocate that's really the only thing we could be dealing with. Malicious, Irrational Trolls at the helm. At that point why even continue to play or even pay any attention to a game written by folks doing nothing but going out of their way to hurt you for fun?
That just isn't a reasonable case. Look it's a problem we're all being affected by it. Doesn't meant I want to wade through people screaming at a hyperbolic caricature all day long. I get enough of that in our political discourse.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Minrad posted:

That number is low.

Period.

Thanks for reminding me to go on safari, holy poo poo.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Reddit posted:

supermarble94 [score hidden] 7 minutes ago

Fun stuff, so, if you manage to get into an instance server, that instance might crash. If it does, you'll get 90k'd and be unable to log back in until that instance would have expired. What's more, is that specific instance will be unavailable for other people to use until you are able to get back in the game. This is why it's so congested right now.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Nevermind now I need to do some testing!

Failboattootoot fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 17, 2017

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

36 hours and counting.

Will we see 48? Place your bets. Place your bets. :shepicide:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Queue just advanced by... ten people.

Think I'll do something else for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Minrad posted:

That number is low.

Period.

I really hope this is a copied Reddit post :stare: