Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spacebump posted:

Can someone explain to me why DSJ is considered to have attitude problems but Josh Jackson isn't? Didn't Josh Jackson flip out on a female basketball player and commit felony amounts of damage to her car? (and get out of it because who he is?) I've only read the deadspin articles on it but he seems like kind of a poo poo head for that. Maybe they portrayed it badly and I didn't read enough on it. I would think that'd make trading down for him over Fultz a bad idea.

The general KU fan who wants to apologize for Jackson explanation is the girl is crazy. She's been involved in like 3 separate things with men's players (she's a women's BB player). Even if true it seems like bad judgement to follow her out of a bar while she was going to leave in order to rant at her and kick the poo poo out of her car.

Also JJ had a separate hit and run incident where he hit a parked car and drove away. I don't know if he's a bad guy or not, but he certainly seems like an immature idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jackson was wrong and did a bad thing but did not commit felony amounts. The reason DSJ attitude is a red flag is it was loser mentality on the court and Jackson is a killer on the court with temper issues off the court.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Tatum/Frank is an ideal but boring therefore disappointing outcome for the Kings

do you really need a new Rudy Gay

kiimo posted:

The reason DSJ attitude is a red flag is it was loser mentality on the court

what does this rivals.com bullshit even mean

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Danny's got his eye on a certain high school freshman about to hit his growth spurt and by god is he going to get him.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 17, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MourningView posted:

He pulled a Pippen and refused to check back into a game in the second half.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

MourningView posted:

do you really need a new Rudy Gay

Meh, Rudy was actually relatively solid for us and part of the appeal is getting to hit a reset button on a cost controlled Rudy

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

On the one hand, that lakers pick could be #1...

On the other, I think Fultz is a surer thing than anyone PHI has.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/shamus_clancy/status/876075611378286592

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That's insanely good .

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can Jordan Bell really be considered a sleeper when almost everyone says they'd love to snag him with a late first or second round pick

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jumper fine
https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/876105346112249857

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I've watched a pretty decent amount of Dennis Smith video and I've never seen "bad body language." Ben Simmons realizing that his team was awful and playing with a hangdog expression from start to finish, that's pretty bad body language, but it was more a failure of socialization due to weird Australian Institute of Sport stuff I've talked about in the past. Smith would get mad at his teammates for not catching easy passes, because they dropped a ton of easy passes.

I see all his problems as fixable. (Cheers for me) He was labeled a bad defender, but he tried, he gave a strong effort, he'd do ridiculous stuff like pressure the ballhandler at midcourt, he simply wasn't very effective and would have been much better in a scheme that constrained his roaming and rambling. But he tried, and that's the cornerstone of good pg defense, he can learn how to do it right.

The turnovers came from his teammates dropping passes and him trying to create something out of nothing. The one handedness is something tons of players fix with work and time. As long as he makes threes off the dribble he's going to be a really good NBA player.

I saw someone say Lonzo made his teammates better and Dennis Smith didn't, but those players Lonzo made better were 5 star and 4 star recruits plus some shooters and hustle guys, the team was built to his strengths, with a playmaking forward to take up for his deficiencies in the half court, and solid rollers and shooters. Dennis Smith had Yurt7 who was just terrible at everything and a bunch of run of the mill players. He isn't the same kind of elite passer, but he can and does see those little apertures open before they open, and makes the pass, that's what you hope for from a good prospect.

I don't know why I'm arguing against persons not present. In the distant past, Bill Simmons would make fun of draft guys for talking about length, because of 6'10 small forward failures. I think the NBA has gotten realistic about pairing length with drive and skill, but tall and long pgs still get a bump they don't deserve. I see them as matchup players, in the way big burly post up centers have become match up players.
Lots of teams have smaller bucket getter type backup pgs, so if your pg is tall and can pass over them, use their length to shoot above them, that's nice. But it's not worth the draft capital that scouts seem to be placing 'pon it. We can observe the wreckage of tall non shooting PGs in the NBA, it's a bleak landscape. Lonzo really needs to either fix his shot or hope to god it still goes in from the "you throw like a girl" shoulder push position

WhyteRyce posted:

Meh, Rudy was actually relatively solid for us and part of the appeal is getting to hit a reset button on a cost controlled Rudy

There's also the Duke curse to consider

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MourningView posted:

I basically said what nc state fans said on rivals so you nailed me on that one.

I don't think he's unfixable or anything just trying to answer the question.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 17, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ugh double post

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jota posted:

Don't gently caress me magic!!

Interesting choice of words.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/876228308828139520

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Remember the DarioWatch last year?

https://twitter.com/MaxRappaport/status/876218147182956546

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/jonjohnsonwip/status/876215679938154496

Posting to show how big fultz is

He's pretty big

https://twitter.com/sixers/status/876240078930153472

https://twitter.com/joelembiid/status/876244883748638724

euphronius fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 18, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Did they really live stream the workout? Twitter is flooded with "he looked bad" tweets. Is this Celtic Fan Effect?

Lol, also he is saying he won't work out again for Boston so he's even better at Draft Manipulation than Lonzo Ball is.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He was 4-18 from 3 and looked tired

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/876261710189002752

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Cool

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Today is a good day

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/876263932272549888

No drama

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost
I was really looking forward to potentially watching the next superstar developing. :(

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I was really looking forward to potentially watching the next superstar developing. :(

Josh Jackson has a lot of potential and the picks they're getting could be potentially great, there's nothing to be sad about really

This also means the Celtics would have probably picked Jackson at 1 and made you even more upset

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Def a win win trade

Also twitter buzzing that bos is moving these picks

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Nap Ghost

Cool Buff Man posted:

Josh Jackson has a lot of potential and the picks they're getting could be potentially great, there's nothing to be sad about really

This also means the Celtics would have probably picked Jackson at 1 and made you even more upset

I know, I'm not even saying it was a bad move. Just that my snap reason is one of sadness.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
In case anyone's missed it:

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/status/876267930572513282

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I still have no idea why the Celtics like Josh Jackson so much. JJ is a 3. So are Hayward and PG.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Big fan of the new CBA letting you protect picks you are owed.

I would think Lakers pick next year is unprotected, Kings 2019 top 5 protected, turns into a Sixers 2020 first (with its own protections) if not conveyed

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I still have no idea why the Celtics like Josh Jackson so much. JJ is a 3. So are Hayward and PG.

By the time Jackson is an actual NBA player, Hayward or George will be declining as all-star caliber players. And you can never have too many wings in the NBA.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Hayward plays a ton of shooting guard and so does George, the wing positions are pretty interchangeable. Jackson also might be best long term playing a lot of small ball 4 because he isn't a very good shooter

MourningView fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 18, 2017

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
They should get Paul George and make him play power forward

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Ben Simmons realizing that his team was awful and playing with a hangdog expression from start to finish, that's pretty bad body language, but it was more a failure of socialization due to weird Australian Institute of Sport stuff I've talked about in the past.

Can you give me a cliff notes version?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Has Bill Simmons had another stroke yet?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oh wow, the Kings pick too. Hopefully the protections are decent or the Sixers could be giving up a lot.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 18, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Go to the news thread because the trade updated and it is NOT better

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Process worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

Oh wow, the Kings pick too. Hopefully the protections are decent or the Sixers could be giving up a lot.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/876279848355942400

• Locked thread