Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Raubahn hold me in your big strong arm and deliver me into the blood storms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I still don't understand the logic of "we are deliberately bottlenecking this so later zones don't crash the server" when it just means that everyone hangs out in the Fringes anyway -- and the servers seem to be completely fine with that.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Oxyclean posted:

I heard shatter was the best xp/time for pvp, but I had a 30 minute queue when I tried to join it before the big DC.

My queues are less than a minute and yeah, Shatter is quite good. It takes 12-15 minutes and you get 50 Poetics and 600k+ exp depending on your level.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I still don't understand the logic of "we are deliberately bottlenecking this so later zones don't crash the server" when it just means that everyone hangs out in the Fringes anyway -- and the servers seem to be completely fine with that.

Dungeons are crashing constantly.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

Non-stop 90ks after starting the second SAM quest.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
Servers are starting to have players that are using their two person mounts to carry players across and over the wall instead. Incredible.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Ocatamai posted:

Servers are reporting that players are using their two person mounts to carry players across and over the wall instead. Incredible.

Holy poo poo, is that a real thing? That's amazing.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Ocatamai posted:

Servers are starting to have players that are using their two person mounts to carry players across and over the wall instead. Incredible.

If someone does report what works and doesn't. TIA

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

I just waited in a log-in queue only to get an error 90002 crash upon logging in. The game seems to be all but broken.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

kaempfer0080 posted:

My queues are less than a minute and yeah, Shatter is quite good. It takes 12-15 minutes and you get 50 Poetics and 600k+ exp depending on your level.

For me, I've done 11 frontline roulettes, won 3, and that leveled my SAM to 52.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid

SonicRulez posted:

I didn't mean it in that way as "reporting" sorry for the mis-post. People are carrying people over the wall, some servers for free others are charging fees.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

SonicRulez posted:

It works. you have one person on the other side with the mount's model sticking through the gate so they can be clicked. invite to party, person hops on, then off and is on the other side and can go exploring.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SonicRulez posted:

loving human ingenuity. Rapidly this is becoming a golden opportunity for crafters, who can go into high-level Ala Mhigo territory and get stuff, apparently.

The fact that real life players are attempting to find a way around an artificial blockade placed there by Square Enix is truly choice. It's quite poetic, given the themes of the expansion.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

SettingSun posted:

For me, I've done 11 frontline roulettes, won 3, and that leveled my SAM to 52.

I'm not sure if it's as good sub 60 because I did PotD from 50-60. But, at 62, PotD gives 440(ish?)k experience for 12-15 minutes, and PVP gives about 700k for 12-15 minutes. Palace is probably faster up to 60 though.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Raubahn am I not your chosen one? Why have you forsaken me...

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I just waited in a log-in queue only to get an error 90002 crash upon logging in. The game seems to be all but broken.

The story of the 90k's. I'm torn between red mage and samurai at the moment. Samurai has great aesthetic and I generally enjoy melee, but Red Mage has some awesome stuff as well, but get ready to battle res people constantly.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Well, even if I can't get my Cold Steel, I'm going to get roulettes and poo poo out of the way. (assuming queue lets me through)

Surprisingly unsalty about the issues. :shrug:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So now I can't even log in, basically.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Just take the loving game down and hard fix this. At this point you're trying to sail a ship with a loving hole in it.

Hatastrophe
Sep 28, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Just take the loving game down and hard fix this. At this point you're trying to sail a ship with a loving hole in it.

Yeah I joined a battle for a random frontline and got 90k'd and I haven't been able to get back in for the past 15 minutes

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Is the rest of the boat not good enough for ya?!

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Ocatamai posted:

Is the rest of the boat not good enough for ya?!

To be fair the boat has started exploding again.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Serves you right for getting on board before it debarks.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

You mean like the US destroyer that got hit by a Japanese cargo ship recently? :buddy:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Sometimes they're the only things not crashing. A couple goons posed for a photo session with me earlier when Excal went down and we were safe in a dungeon.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

But then they can't justify not handing out two days of game time lol

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Evil Fluffy posted:

You mean like the US destroyer that got hit by a Japanese cargo ship recently? :buddy:

Not funny dude, that ship was carrying MSQ instance servers.

Hatastrophe posted:

Yeah I joined a battle for a random frontline and got 90k'd and I haven't been able to get back in for the past 15 minutes

Just happened to me too. I fear we may be hosed for a full 90 minutes.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Drafty.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Loaded into potd, disconnected. Sat in a 700 person queue to get back in. Finally get to the front of queue, start loading in.. disconnected. Back to 700 people queue!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Leal posted:

Loaded into potd, disconnected. Sat in a 700 person queue to get back in. Finally get to the front of queue, start loading in.. disconnected. Back to 700 people queue!

Same :(

Can't believe that thing they did earlier didn't fix it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leal posted:

Don't do the palace.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't do the palace.

Sadly I must, cause of all these disconnects and potd being the most efficient time to xp for 50-59 I'm trying ot make the most of what little time I'm granted before the inevitability of death disconnect happens.

E: And it happened twice. Time to cook dinner.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Will this encourage SE corporate to actually spend money on the game instead of marketing?

Magic moogle ball says no.

It's an improvement from 11 at least.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

megalodong posted:

It's an improvement from 11 at least.

Swiping the edge of a sheet of paper across my pisshole was an improvement from FF11.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid
This wouldn't have happend if the branching path npcs were swapped and everybody picking to help the catgirl was funneled into the peaks instead.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
It looks like I've been susano-ed by the 54 SAM quest. Tried doing it, got booted when it tried to load, and now whenever I finish the queue I instantly get a 90002 DC. Been this way for about a half hour.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

is it even worth logging into Excalibur right now? Can you even do so? I could turn on my A/V system and give it a try + watch bad tv on the laptop, or I could clean my house and settle in for an evening of movies on the big screen.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Arist posted:

To my knowledge, no, which makes that post extra awful/hilarious

Well he did get past Raubahn.

Not to be all :tinfoil: but are any of the big FF14 streamers having problems?

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Khisanth Magus posted:

It looks like I've been susano-ed by the 54 SAM quest. Tried doing it, got booted when it tried to load, and now whenever I finish the queue I instantly get a 90002 DC. Been this way for about a half hour.

same. 90002 every time I get to the front of the queue after getting kicked at the start of the 50 sam quest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

panda clue posted:

same. 90002 every time I get to the front of the queue after getting kicked at the start of the 50 sam quest.

Yep, I'm now stuck in a 90k loop. Get in queue, get to front, 90k. Game ever so briefly goes black screen before disconnecting me.