Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008
Of course, salsagheti, that makes sense. Well, sort of. To be honest I'm not much of a fan of it, but still, with everything else that makes me incredibly homesick. Oh, if you julienned some pulparindo as a substitute for the salsagheti...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
Listen, I bought two cans of Cougar Gold cheddar based on an offhand remark in the Funny Quotes thread that reminded me how good Cougar Gold is, I'm already putting Salsagheti in my Amazon cart. I am a pregnant woman with no self-control and I thought this thread was SAFE

e: https://smile.amazon.com/Set-Lucas-Salsagheti-Watermelon-Pineapple/dp/B01M59OKNC/ gently caress ALL OF YOU

elise the great has a new favorite as of 20:01 on Jun 17, 2017

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Can someone please explain to the clueless Canadian what the gently caress "salsagetti" is?

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Grand Fromage posted:

Olives are good.

I don't particularly like them on pizza tho. When I get a martini I really just want a glass of like 20 olives covered in gin.

Martinis are better with a twist :colbert:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

RoboRodent posted:

Can someone please explain to the clueless Canadian what the gently caress "salsagetti" is?

I mean, I'm not personally acquainted with the food, but it seems like it's salsa flavored carbs that are in the shape of spaghetti.

Draenuf
Jan 12, 2007
X
I

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bamabalacha posted:

Martinis are better with a twist :colbert:

Yeah but Gin-marinated olives taste good.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
I linked to the Amazon page just above, posted an image, and described it as candy, but I guess I can go into more detail if you need.

Salsagheti is a Mexican candy consisting of sweet gummy strands similar in texture to "sour belts" or "sour straws," commonly sold in flavors of mango, watermelon, and pineapple. The strands are coated with a light dusting of tajin spice blend, which combines citric acid, dehydrated lime juice, salt, and chili powder. It comes with a condiment packet of thin tamarind sauce (a flavor profile you may recognize from pad thai or from that sweet-tart brown chutney at the Indian buffet) that can be poured over the whole mess or squeezed out into the packet so you can dunk each strand in before eating it. The texture is toothy and springy with minimal stickiness, the variety of acids provides a pleasantly complex tartness, the salt and chili powder add a savory dynamic that passes quickly into the lingering sweetness of the gummy, and if you eat enough of them you can fart fire.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

This is the most :smith: thing I've seen itt

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

cyberia posted:

This is the most :smith: thing I've seen itt

ugh, way too much sauce.

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

elise the great posted:

if you eat enough of them you can fart fire.

This is true of a lot of Mexican candy. Totally worth it though. Candy's not complete without salt and chile powder.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Hm, I'm torn. The lack of strawberry makes me sad, could have used it to make the hotdog and cherry to make ketchup; on the other hand, no ketchup so we have a Correct Hotdog Configuration.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Would

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Elise's dietary preferences reminded me of the humble choco-taco. The only good use of low-fat ice cream.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

I miss my old dive bar owned by a close friend who understood my preferences and kept a whole jar of olives just for me.
The Bonefish Grill chain of restaurants in the States has a dirty martini containing vodka in which olives have been steeped for three days. I'm usually a gin person, but that drink is amazing.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

In Orange is the New Black during the prison riot they had a barter system and 'pink Starbursts' were clearly the superior flavor, which made me laugh because I think they are also the tastiest cube of corn syrup and dye among the variety you get.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

stereobreadsticks posted:

This is true of a lot of Mexican candy. Totally worth it though. Candy's not complete without salt and chile powder.

Sal ammoniac, licorice, and black pepper.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

elise the great posted:

Listen, I bought two cans of Cougar Gold cheddar based on an offhand remark in the Funny Quotes thread that reminded me how good Cougar Gold is

I happen to live very close to one of the WSU branch campuses. Their bookstore sells it at a slight discount :allears:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Loose corn pizza with small pastries and used facecloth crust.

Extremely loose corn pizza with potatoes instead of cheese (?).

Loose corn pizza with small pastries AND potatoes!

elise the great
May 1, 2012

Winter Stormer posted:

Oh gently caress that. Salmiakki is so gross it made me stop liking licorice at all for a while by association, and black pepper? Somebody needs to go check on Finland

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Picnic Princess posted:

It is this abuse of freedom which will lead to pizza authoritarianism by popular revolt. As in, the public is revolted.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

This is just the equivalent of putting French fries on your sandwich :colbert:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

elise the great posted:

Oh gently caress that. Salmiakki is so gross it made me stop liking licorice at all for a while by association, and black pepper? Somebody needs to go check on Finland

Actually turkin pippurit are delicious. :finland: I don't care much for most candy because it's too sweet, but hell yeah give me that salmiakki and pepper.

Picnic Princess posted:

I had a pizza with potato on it last year and it was just like, what's the point? It adds nothing flavor-wise and I'm pretty sure the last thing a pizza needs is more carbs. It didn't have loose corn though so maybe that's the magic ingredient that ties it all together.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Picnic Princess posted:

I'd eat all of those. Except maybe the first one which looks like it still needs to be cooked.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

bloom posted:

Actually turkin pippurit are delicious. :finland: I don't care much for most candy because it's too sweet, but hell yeah give me that salmiakki and pepper.

I had a pizza with potato on it last year and it was just like, what's the point? It adds nothing flavor-wise and I'm pretty sure the last thing a pizza needs is more carbs. It didn't have loose corn though so maybe that's the magic ingredient that ties it all together.

Maybe if you marinate the potatoes in some sort of difficult to administer flavour so they serve as a vessel for said flavour?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

1) Potatoes go extremely well on pizza
2) gently caress you

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

MissEchelon posted:

2) gently caress you

Would you like fries, for your pizza, with that salt?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Picnic Princess posted:

Maybe if you marinate the potatoes in some sort of difficult to administer flavour so they serve as a vessel for said flavour?

You could do that with mushrooms and get mushroom flavour and texture in the bargain!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Ultimate Mango posted:

This is just the equivalent of putting French fries on your sandwich :colbert:

Or it could be like putting chips in your sandwich, which is loving awesome

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

MissEchelon posted:

2) gently caress you

TotalLossBrain has a new favorite as of 07:40 on Jun 18, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bloom posted:

There's a pizza place in Tempe (Phoenix) that does this incredible baked-potato pizza, with thin slices of potatoes, bacon, chives and cheddar cheese. Thin crispy crust. So good.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Could potato flour work for gluten free pizza?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Picnic Princess posted:

Would you like fries, for your pizza, with that salt?

:sweden:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bloom posted:

Potato on pizza is pretty good, actually.

So would.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Here in Italy they call a pizza with french fries and wurstel an "americana." no idea why

baw has a new favorite as of 11:09 on Jun 18, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Would

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Winter Stormer posted:

That just looks painful to eat

Is that a Takoyaki Pizza, cause if so totally would(also I really wish there was somewhere near me that sold Takoyaki, cause I love that stuff, although I'll admit I commit the sin of not eating them while they're still molten, but that's mostly because my mouth burns really easily, like the first time I ate it I burned my tongue so badly I could barely taste anything for several days afterwards)

Sagebrush posted:

There's a pizza place in Tempe (Phoenix) that does this incredible baked-potato pizza, with thin slices of potatoes, bacon, chives and cheddar cheese. Thin crispy crust. So good.

That sounds amazing, especially if you can get some sour cream on the side

I really want to try one of those pizzas some day

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What happened to this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

RareAcumen posted:

What happened to this thread

People stopped posting pictures of food no one would eat and replaced the content with the opposite, like this