Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Rek'sai is so good right now and if you enjoy the forest you should be playing her. I've been getting a stream of S ranks with her because probably no one is playing her. The QoL changes to her ult were exactly what she needed; everything else was icing.

E: The stream of S rank game is accompanied by a stream of friend requests - why do randoms do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikujin posted:

Rek'sai is so good right now and if you enjoy the forest you should be playing her. I've been getting a stream of S ranks with her because probably no one is playing her. The QoL changes to her ult were exactly what she needed; everything else was icing.

E: The stream of S rank game is accompanied by a stream of friend requests - why do randoms do that?

I'll bite and stroke your ego. They recognize you are a beautiful, virile person who has sex all the time and is very wealthy. They wish to bask in your reflected glory (and also they want you to carry them).

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
ugh why do randoms want to friend me, a good player?? ahuhuhu

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

It's more "Why do people send unsolicited friend requests?" than "HAR HAR I'M SO GUD LUV ME."

Seriously though, get on the Rek'sai bandwagon folks it's a wild ride.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mikujin posted:

It's more "Why do people send unsolicited friend requests?" than "HAR HAR I'M SO GUD LUV ME."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv9XNFpRdhg

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I honestly kinda hate the Zac rework. Now he's all op and honestly not that fun when I can't kill teams as full AP Zac anymore.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Tired Moritz posted:

I honestly kinda hate the Zac rework. Now he's all op and honestly not that fun when I can't kill teams as full AP Zac anymore.

I found it kind of funny that they took a champ who's entire power was in their super long range engage and went "hey, he has a boring playstyle cause this is his only good ability, maybe we should make 2 other abilities combo directly off it".

I legit don't understand what they were trying to do. Like with mao and sej they tried to retool their kits away from being overly strong at one narrow thing but with zac they just doubled down on it.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Day 5. I experienced the ocean for the first time. It was cold. Many hours of touring the city proper. Good angles to view the bridge and prison island. Ocean side drinking and snack session. Severe sun burns. Rocket assembly and launch session on the beach. Many hours of Japanese karaoke in a small room. I sang many songs. Yellow submarine is the only one that I remember and I did the best at. Also crazy train. Fight for your right to party and war pigs too. There was more. I was introduced to soju and sake. Severe sun burns. Good dogs at the beach.

I fear for my life

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ArbitraryC posted:

I found it kind of funny that they took a champ who's entire power was in their super long range engage and went "hey, he has a boring playstyle cause this is his only good ability, maybe we should make 2 other abilities combo directly off it".

I legit don't understand what they were trying to do. Like with mao and sej they tried to retool their kits away from being overly strong at one narrow thing but with zac they just doubled down on it.

riot is consistently incapable of consistency

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

That extra stun they gave him in place of what used to be a 100% filler skill is absurd considering characters like Zac are picked based entirely on how much CC they bring to the table and his Q also sets up his ult with how long the stun lasts.

On another tanky note, locket seems entirely busted on anyone who gets massive health, if I'm playing a tanky motherfucker and have gargoyle+locket I'm giving my entire team 2000+ HP shields, I'm doubling the squishies health.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 17, 2017

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

God I hate Ivern and I hope they cripple him like little tiny Tim.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Mikujin posted:

Seriously though, get on the Rek'sai bandwagon folks it's a wild ride.
How do you build her? Lolalytics has her at a 47% winrate, but that might just be the popular build(s) being crap?

Methanar posted:

Day 5. I experienced the ocean for the first time.
What the gently caress

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Killed By Death posted:

How do you build her? Lolalytics has her at a 47% winrate, but that might just be the popular build(s) being crap?
What the gently caress

Warrior, then Cleaver (sometimes with a Hexdrinker in the middle if they've got lots of magic or magic burst), typically into other tanky/bruiser stuff. 30-40% cdr.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Killed By Death posted:

What the gently caress

This, jesus loving christ meth how old are you. Also the sake/soju part

Tell us more about the dogs tho

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

Day 5. I experienced the ocean for the first time.

Jesus loving Christ.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Methanar did you drink the endless lake, were you surprised when it was salty

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i need to update my lumberjack* rotation, right now i have yi and amumu like... gra..gas..? may try reksai out, any other ideas?

*The area colloquially known as "the jungle" is actually more like a forest, so the term "jungler" is unacceptable.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

i need to update my lumberjack* rotation, right now i have yi and amumu like... gra..gas..? may try reksai out, any other ideas?

*The area colloquially known as "the jungle" is actually more like a forest, so the term "jungler" is unacceptable.

Willump lives in the forest.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

riot is consistently incapable of consistency

different archetypes and play styles are healthy for the game. generalist picks you select any time are good, as are really specific niche bharacters designed for one thing. veigar for instance blows one guy the gently caress up. that is alright.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Addamere posted:

I'll bite and stroke your ego. They recognize you are a beautiful, virile person who has sex all the time and is very wealthy. They wish to bask in your reflected glory (and also they want you to carry them).

I found it, the one good Addamere post out of the seven billion he's provided thus far

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'd never have sex lol. I'm not an idiot.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'd never have sex lol. I'm not an idiot.
drat dude, is regine ok with that?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

this is what people are dealing with in the trenches, all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5kg5nrxVG8

I've been watching these for 2 days now and I can't stop, they're amazing

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
First time I took Braum in ranked ever, just because enemy team was Draven ADC

He ragequit at level 3 after I ate his Axe for the 4th time and in all chat said "loving chinese Bard players"

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
there are still old rear end dota players who call it woods, as in lone druid is woodsing

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Reality Winner posted:

there are still old rear end dota players who call it woods, as in lone druid is woodsing

DotA is an amazing mishmash of a decade plus of vernacular

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Reality Winner posted:

Who is this "lone druid" you speak of, you mean Furion or Syllabear?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Dota? Oh you mean that aeon of strife knockoff

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

henkman posted:

I've been watching these for 2 days now and I can't stop, they're amazing

i been saying disco heat the goat

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I have witnessed peak plastic league today.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Ah, a nice defensive malph ult there

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
apparently at some point i purchased frosted ezreal back int he day and i just randomly played him

pretty fun

might try it more

any tips?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I hope they have some more interesting mission ideas coming down the pipeline because this has been a pretty wet fart so far. 'Literally do what you were already doing but with a particular icon equipped' is pretty dumb.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Addamere posted:

apparently at some point i purchased frosted ezreal back int he day and i just randomly played him

pretty fun

might try it more

any tips?

Auto-attack.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Addamere posted:

pretty fun

might try it more

any tips?

The temptation will be immeasurable but don't pull a wild turtle with the e.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

heres a tip, do not play ezreal

JuniperCake posted:

The temptation will be immeasurable but don't pull a wild turtle with the e.

its literally his only gap closer dude

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

always pull a wild turtle with whatever champion you are playing. wildturtle flash in as loving soraka.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

JerryLee posted:

I hope they have some more interesting mission ideas coming down the pipeline because this has been a pretty wet fart so far. 'Literally do what you were already doing but with a particular icon equipped' is pretty dumb.

If they do anything but this the games will become even worse with idiots doing idiot things just for points... wait, thats the game right now

Falconer
Dec 7, 2003

Did you know, I was THE MOON once!

Yes! You see, one night it turned out the moon had been STOLEN!

The animal people asked ME to take its place as I am so WISE and BRILLIANT!!
I hope that most of the missions continue to be something you can clear in bot games. That way wood tier players like me who rarely play still have a chance at the trinket of the week and at the same time aren't a millstone around the collective necks of the other four team members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I think there's some design space between missions trolling your team by making you play AD Lux or w/e (IIRC this was actually one of the examples they used in the missions devblog), and missions being completely pointless.

Has anybody actually shelled out for the cash shop thing that gives you exclusive mission chains? Are those any more interesting?

• Locked thread